Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
DOVCommish

Disney Vacation

On 5/8/2019 at 3:35 PM, That one guy said:

Odd question:  anyone know if the boats at Disney Springs have a drop off at/walking distance to the LBV golf course?

On 5/8/2019 at 3:49 PM, glvsav37 said:

I found this:

Travel Directions: Complimentary taxi vouchers (through Yellow Cab) are provided for Walt Disney World Resort guests who are going to play golf at one of Disney's golf courses. The Valet desk or Bell Services will call a cab for Guests. The Pro Shop at the golf course will assist guests in returning to their resort. The Lake Buena Vista golf course is located near the Downtown Disney Marketplace and within the grounds of Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort. Exit I-4 onto 535. Turn left onto Hotel Plaza Boulevard. At the end of Hotel Plaza Boulevard (the Marketplace will be in front of you), turn right and follow the signs to the course.

From what I gather, the clubhouse is a short walk from the main Saratoga Springs Main building, and it looks like there is a boat dock at SSR. So i think you should be covered. But always best to check at the resort before going anywhere. 

link

We stayed in Saratoga Springs back in 2010 and if my memory is correct the boat dock is right there at the Pro Shop. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 2:33 PM, glvsav37 said:

UPDATE: According to Disney, the MagicBands will be available for purchase starting on May 15, 2019. Guests will be expected to pay $14.99 for each upgraded MagicBand at the time of selection. Upgraded MagicBands are non-returnable and non-refundable. This includes guests who have canceled their reservations. In addition, if a reservation is canceled, guests will be charged the full price (not the $14.99 discounted) rate for the MagicBands. 

@doowain just checked and it appears its not avail yet.  grrrrrrrr

The name of the new signature dining location at the Japan pavilion was announced yesterday. 

Takumi-Tei, and it is said to be open by this summer.

The restaurant will be named Takumi-Tei, which means house of the artisan. The design celebrates the relationship between Japanese craftsmanship and the natural world, while the food is inspired by the wonderful collaboration between nature and takumi, the artisan.

According to internal documents we previously unveiled, the interior will have a few different themed rooms:
• Material Room (Check-In, Lobby)
• Wa Room
• Water Room
• Washi Room
• Wood Room
• Stone Room
• Earth Room

The upscale dinner menu will highlight wagyu beef (let's hope it's not shipped by FedEx, right @[icon] ) in a sublime setting, and guests interested in the ultimate experience will be able to indulge in a multi-course tasting menu featuring traditional tea service. Signature cocktails and premium sake will be available along with a wine and craft beer menu.

Edited by glvsav37
  • Like 1

Also read that remys ride is actually a month ahead of schedule

• Like 1

Love it or hate it, get ready for the lovely smell of gasoline and the unmistakable sounds of lawn mowers to be back in the MK

after being closed for a few months to accommodate the Tron coaster construction, the Tomorrowland Speedway reopened today.  

While it was down, it got a nice new paint job and the track was slightly altered and shortened but not by much.  

21 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

Love it or hate it, get ready for the lovely smell of gasoline and the unmistakable sounds of lawn mowers to be back in the MK

after being closed for a few months to accommodate the Tron coaster construction, the Tomorrowland Speedway reopened today.  

While it was down, it got a nice new paint job and the track was slightly altered and shortened but not by much.  

Rode it yesterday AM. Had no idea it was closed but I remarked to my wife it looked fresh. My four year old loves that ride.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 4:26 PM, AAABatteries said:

Ended up doing Kona and then Trattoria al Forno's princess breakfast.  Kona was delicious as always

Love Kona. Don’t tell anyone in here, but I much prefer it to Ohana. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, JackReacher said:

Love Kona. Don’t tell anyone in here, but I much prefer it to Ohana. 

For breakfast I completely agree - for dinner, I really enjoy the sushi at Kona but ‘Ohana is just magical. People point out that you can’t get some of the items over at Kona but that seems like a selling point for ‘Ohana.

So, it’s mostly official - we are giving up our free dining trip in September to go to the beach instead.  I’m completely bummed about it but dropping 7-8k was going to be tough - we’ve had so many trips in the last year for my kids sporting events (including 2 trips to Orlando for cheer and then a week at Universal back in March.

@glvsav37 - is it possible to transfer a resort reservation?  I’ve got 2 rooms at one of the All-Star resorts that I’d happily pass to a FBG if it’s allowed.

22 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

I thought they were getting rid of it?

2 minutes ago, Tiger Fan said:

They should (IMO) and that was the rumor but looks like no for now.

1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

So, it’s mostly official - we are giving up our free dining trip in September to go to the beach instead.  I’m completely bummed about it but dropping 7-8k was going to be tough - we’ve had so many trips in the last year for my kids sporting events (including 2 trips to Orlando for cheer and then a week at Universal back in March.

@glvsav37 - is it possible to transfer a resort reservation?  I’ve got 2 rooms at one of the All-Star resorts that I’d happily pass to a FBG if it’s allowed.

You were dropping 8k and staying at an all star. Something doesnt add up. We stayed for a week at Boardwalk and wasnt even half of that. 

2 hours ago, AcerFC said:

You were dropping 8k and staying at an all star. Something doesnt add up. We stayed for a week at Boardwalk and wasnt even half of that. 

looks like he had 2 rooms, so that's prob more than 5 people, so with tix and such, I can see it getting there. 

@AAABatteries sorry to hear man. IDK about the transfer, I'm sure you can, but I would check with guest services 1st. 

Edited by glvsav37

3 hours ago, Tiger Fan said:

nope, here for a while. It is some prime MK real estate that is constantly debated over if the speedway is the best thing for that location. But with them building the Tron coaster on a previously undeveloped area behind this, I would say that someone in WDW management has a soft spot for it. 

2 hours ago, AcerFC said:

2 rooms, dining plan upgrade and week of tickets.  I think it was 6,300.  I factored in gas, food tips and souvenirs.

32 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

looks like he had 2 rooms, so that's prob more than 5 people, so with tix and such, I can see it getting there. 

@AAABatteries sorry to hear man. IDK about the transfer, I'm sure you can, but I would check with guest services 1st. 

Yep - taking 6 people on property is the suck.  It’s why we almost always stay off property.

Ok, if they will let me transfer anybody want to take one or both?  Honestly, I don’t even care about the deposit, I just hate giving up the free dining.

3 hours ago, JackReacher said:

My daughter and I on Space Mountain. And this guy

Maybe he hit his head on the cross supports. I swear those thing feel like they are grazing the top of my head sometimes. 

• Like 1

Apparently, the ability to choose the new special design magic bands became active today, but in typical WDW IT fashion, the site is down right now. lol 

@doowain

• Sad 1

Can I get an Amen!! 

Construction walls went up around 1 side of Epcot's 'Leave a legacy' monoliths last night. 

They are being removed and relocated as part of a new Epcot entry renovation. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

Apparently, the ability to choose the new special design magic bands became active today, but in typical WDW IT fashion, the site is down right now. lol 

@doowain

Brilliant.

3 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

@doowain

It's finally working now. For how long, who knows.

@glvsav37

• Like 1

Here are all the designs available for the new magic bands that you can order for a slight upcharge in place of the MBs that come with your reservation. 

I'm diggin:

• Space Ship Earth
• Male Villians
• Vader
• Nightmare Before Christmas

@doowain which did you order/thinking of ordering? 

50 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

Here are all the designs available for the new magic bands that you can order for a slight upcharge in place of the MBs that come with your reservation. 

I'm diggin:

• Space Ship Earth
• Male Villians
• Vader
• Nightmare Before Christmas

@doowain which did you order/thinking of ordering? 

I'll probably just stick with a solid color.  Considered Vader.

Toy Story for the kids.  Wife wants the "Most Magical Place on Earth" with Cinderella's castle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

😧

I was hoping the prices for the droid and lightsaber would be about half of what they are. No way I'm spending $200 for a lightsaber. Droid might have to be a consolation prize, depending on how it works.

18 minutes ago, roarlions said:

😧

I was hoping the prices for the droid and lightsaber would be about half of what they are. No way I'm spending $200 for a lightsaber. Droid might have to be a consolation prize, depending on how it works.

How does one get an already assembled lightsaber home with them without breaking. 

• Thinking 1

Didn't feel this was thready-worthy so decided to stick it here

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-pixar-lost-its-way?utm_source=pocket-newtab

The subtitle tells the theme of the article - "For 15 years, the animation studio was the best on the planet. Then Disney bought it."

Oof.  I will say that it's kind of hard to blame Disney and then turn around and say Disney Animation kind of rejuvenated itself.  My take is Lasseter lost focus both through being given too much responsibility and his personal issues.  And FTR, I'm fine with sequels when there's still a story to tell and they make the story relevant and/or fun.  As they mention in the article Toy Story 3 really wrapped that entire story up nicely - why are we getting Toy Story 4 other than $$$?  Maybe there's going to be something there that I don't expect but I don't have high hopes even though I'm sure I'll see it.

10 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

Haven’t been to Disneyland in 10 years. Is there a reason for an adult without kids at home anymore to go back? Anything new except 2X ticket prices?

Character gangs?

Mobile ordering will soon be available for QS locations at most WDW resorts. 

Disney has just announced that over the coming months, the ever-popular mobile order food service will be coming to additional restaurants at Disney Resort hotels. These restaurants will join the existing mobile order lineup of Centertown Market and Spyglass Grill at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and over 20 other quick-service locations throughout the four theme parks and Disney Springs area.

With the service, you can order ahead from wherever you happen to be, skip the order line and head directly to the pick-up counter where Cast Members deliver your food, saving yourself some precious park time.

If you have a Disney dining plan you can now redeem your meals and snacks through the service. The app recently introduced a new enhanced look that makes the ordering experience easier than ever.

• Like 1

Very cool PhotoPass experience coming to MK

Capture Cinderella Castle like never before with a limited-time photo and video experience from Disney PhotoPass Service – featuring you! During daylight hours, look for a photographer in the East Plaza Garden at Magic Kingdom Park who will assist you with capturing two one-of-a-kind photos and a super-zoom video from a unique angle above the theme park.

basically, they are putting a photog with a super strong lense up on a main st building and taking a shot of you down in the hub. The pixel depth is so good that you get a full shot of the castle but you can zoom in so far to see your family 

48 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

Very cool PhotoPass experience coming to MK

basically, they are putting a photog with a super strong lense up on a main st building and taking a shot of you down in the hub. The pixel depth is so good that you get a full shot of the castle but you can zoom in so far to see your family 

I don’t get why somebody would want this. It’s just you standing around with a thousand people surrounding you. 

well, that didn't take long...

seems WDW is pretty much sold out of the specialty designed magic bands. there is a message up on the site

Due to strong popularity, our selection of MagicBand upgrade options is currently limited. Disney Resort hotel Guests and new and renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders may continue to choose from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to replenish our inventory as soon as possible.

we ordered ours, but i'm concerned bc on our page—for my family of 4—3 of us have the special magic band designs shown next to our name, but my 9-year-old's just shows a grey band. 

I really don't want to deal with him if he's the only one in the family who got shut out... looks like i'm buying him a damn full price one once we get there if that's the case. I try not to be that guy, but I bought them on the 1st day, have an order confirmation, and if it turns out that we can't get his, I'm calling guest services and demanding a discount when having to replace his by buying one on site. :rant:

Loosely wrapped around a Lion King theme (except for 1), here are some new snacks being added this summer to AK. The Dole Whip is a must try for me and the Simba ice cream cookie sandwich looks like is a fresh cookie and not the prepackaged frozen ones you can buy in at the carts.

I'm an AK fan, so this is gonna make the next trip sweeter. 

1 minute ago, Osaurus said:

This weekend should be fun for lots of folks at the parks. Hawt

that's surface of the sun hot.....and its not even summer

we've shaped our summer trip this year to be mostly PM park touring. Looking to make this a relaxing trip and spend more time at the resort.....underwater.....in the pool.

• Like 1

As a native of Orlando who actually likes being out in the heat, I’m not the least bit upset that my annual pass blocks out June and July.  I enjoy doing things in the extreme heat, standing in lines throughout concrete jungles is not “doing things”

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

This weekend should be fun for lots of folks at the parks. Hawt

Of the 5 summer trips we've made to Disney over the last 9 years, by far the hottest one was the first year when we went at the end of May.  We stayed at Fort Wilderness in a cabin and just waiting for the boat over to the Magic Kingdom at 8:30 AM had my shirt soaked with sweat.  

• Like 1