What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (2 Viewers)

😧

I was hoping the prices for the droid and lightsaber would be about half of what they are. No way I'm spending $200 for a lightsaber. Droid might have to be a consolation prize, depending on how it works.
How does one get an already assembled lightsaber home with them without breaking. 

Didn't feel this was thready-worthy so decided to stick it here

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-pixar-lost-its-way?utm_source=pocket-newtab

The subtitle tells the theme of the article - "For 15 years, the animation studio was the best on the planet. Then Disney bought it."

Oof.  I will say that it's kind of hard to blame Disney and then turn around and say Disney Animation kind of rejuvenated itself.  My take is Lasseter lost focus both through being given too much responsibility and his personal issues.  And FTR, I'm fine with sequels when there's still a story to tell and they make the story relevant and/or fun.  As they mention in the article Toy Story 3 really wrapped that entire story up nicely - why are we getting Toy Story 4 other than $$$?  Maybe there's going to be something there that I don't expect but I don't have high hopes even though I'm sure I'll see it.

Haven’t been to Disneyland in 10 years. Is there a reason for an adult without kids at home anymore to go back? Anything new except 2X ticket prices?

Mobile ordering will soon be available for QS locations at most WDW resorts. 

Disney has just announced that over the coming months, the ever-popular mobile order food service will be coming to additional restaurants at Disney Resort hotels. These restaurants will join the existing mobile order lineup of Centertown Market and Spyglass Grill at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and over 20 other quick-service locations throughout the four theme parks and Disney Springs area.

With the service, you can order ahead from wherever you happen to be, skip the order line and head directly to the pick-up counter where Cast Members deliver your food, saving yourself some precious park time.

If you have a Disney dining plan you can now redeem your meals and snacks through the service. The app recently introduced a new enhanced look that makes the ordering experience easier than ever.

Very cool PhotoPass experience coming to MK

Capture Cinderella Castle like never before with a limited-time photo and video experience from Disney PhotoPass Service – featuring you! During daylight hours, look for a photographer in the East Plaza Garden at Magic Kingdom Park who will assist you with capturing two one-of-a-kind photos and a super-zoom video from a unique angle above the theme park.
basically, they are putting a photog with a super strong lense up on a main st building and taking a shot of you down in the hub. The pixel depth is so good that you get a full shot of the castle but you can zoom in so far to see your family 

well, that didn't take long...

seems WDW is pretty much sold out of the specialty designed magic bands. there is a message up on the site

Due to strong popularity, our selection of MagicBand upgrade options is currently limited. Disney Resort hotel Guests and new and renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders may continue to choose from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to replenish our inventory as soon as possible.
we ordered ours, but i'm concerned bc on our page—for my family of 4—3 of us have the special magic band designs shown next to our name, but my 9-year-old's just shows a grey band. 

I really don't want to deal with him if he's the only one in the family who got shut out... looks like i'm buying him a damn full price one once we get there if that's the case. I try not to be that guy, but I bought them on the 1st day, have an order confirmation, and if it turns out that we can't get his, I'm calling guest services and demanding a discount when having to replace his by buying one on site.  :rant:

This weekend should be fun for lots of folks at the parks. Hawt
that's surface of the sun hot.....and its not even summer

we've shaped our summer trip this year to be mostly PM park touring. Looking to make this a relaxing trip and spend more time at the resort.....underwater.....in the pool.

As a native of Orlando who actually likes being out in the heat, I’m not the least bit upset that my annual pass blocks out June and July.  I enjoy doing things in the extreme heat, standing in lines throughout concrete jungles is not “doing things”

This weekend should be fun for lots of folks at the parks. Hawt
Of the 5 summer trips we've made to Disney over the last 9 years, by far the hottest one was the first year when we went at the end of May.  We stayed at Fort Wilderness in a cabin and just waiting for the boat over to the Magic Kingdom at 8:30 AM had my shirt soaked with sweat.  

It’s the worst. I refuse to do it most days now. Rather just spend the money and drive back early in the morning. Plus the hotel has a nice breakfast. :cool:  
Which hotel do you use for the points?  We too have a truck load of points that I didn't even know we had...all from the Sheraton merger apparently.

Which hotel do you use for the points?  We too have a truck load of points that I didn't even know we had...all from the Sheraton merger apparently.
We are all Marriott. I love the Marriott world center. Awesome pool, great food (at least in the morning) and fancy digital temp control showers. 

We are all Marriott. I love the Marriott world center. Awesome pool, great food (at least in the morning) and fancy digital temp control showers. 
Good to know....isn't there a hotel or two on site or right beside it that take marriott rewards too?  Best I can tell we have 3-4 weeks of points at our disposal now and that was after booking 5 days in Hawaii this june.

We are all Marriott. I love the Marriott world center. Awesome pool, 
Was there during the bowl games and the giant TV's over the waterfalls are a nice touch.  Not really a complaint, but the hotel was loaded with young athletes.  Orlando has become a mecca for youth sports tournaments.  Last time I was at Wyndham bonnet Creek there was a youth cheerleading competition.

Good to know....isn't there a hotel or two on site or right beside it that take marriott rewards too?  Best I can tell we have 3-4 weeks of points at our disposal now and that was after booking 5 days in Hawaii this june.
Swan and Dolphin take Marriott points (used to be spg until merger). 

Was there during the bowl games and the giant TV's over the waterfalls are a nice touch.  Not really a complaint, but the hotel was loaded with young athletes.  Orlando has become a mecca for youth sports tournaments.  Last time I was at Wyndham bonnet Creek there was a youth cheerleading competition.
Yea we stayed there a few weeks ago and watched some EPL soccer there. It’s great. 

Oh yea there’s a Marriott across from Disney Springs. The JW and the Ritz are basically across from universal and take points too. 

pretty good video on the new, realistic lightsabers that will be available at SWGE. 

IDK if I'd drop $200 on one of these, and I'm def not showing my kids this video, but if replica lightsabers are your thing, then this is pretty bad ### 

Edit: here is another one with a different, more classic SW styling

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep checking. I was able to switch mine from 5ish to 3:30 by checking a lot. Early dinner/late lunch seemed easier to snag. But they dont have a ton of room like glv said

I've had mixed success with this free service. You need to jump on the ADR as soon as it comes through, but at least its someone looking out for you vs trying to check every few hours yourself. Again, B&C is small and popular, so it will be tough to grab, but its worth a shot. 

https://mousedining.com/
Thanks gentlemen!  I'll give this a whirl and see what comes of it.
#### me....it worked :thumbup:  

#### me.  :lmao:

In my triumph, I pass the news on to my wife only to find out, they took their final half day away and they have to go the full day. :bag:  

Sad news to report. Ohana was pretty terrible. 

I asked the guy for medium rare steak knowing that was impossible and he said “I have medium ......well done” 

At least he had a sense of humor. The shrimp were so over cooked that the shells melted into the meat. Yeesh. 

I asked the guy for medium rare steak knowing that was impossible and he said “I have medium ......well done” 

At least he had a sense of humor. The shrimp were so over cooked that the shells melted into the meat. Yeesh. 
Bummer, but at least the weather is great.  ;)

I’ve usually eaten so many wings and potstickers that if the steak and shrimp was bad I could just go straight to bread pudding

I’ve usually eaten so many wings and potstickers that if the steak and shrimp was bad I could just go straight to bread pudding
The wings and potstickers were good tonight! Especially the wings, they changed it up with them. Still, I’m laying out that money for good shrimp. I know the steak always sucks there for some reason. 

Capella said:

The Dis podcast has been killing Ohana lately. The host, Pete Warner,  said it's gotten to the point where he can't even recommend it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread