What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (4 Viewers)

all i knows is that i want to go to brazil and punch that mc gui guy who made fun of the little girl at disney and there should be a ride at disney called punch mc gui in the throat and it should just repeat that over and over sort of like small world bam another riddle solved by the old swcer take that to the bank bromigos 
I heard something about this but can't find anything in english saying what happened. 

I heard something about this but can't find anything in english saying what happened. 
so basically this brazilian guy who is apparently like the justin beeber of brazil comes to disney and along with a group of equally crappy people friends makes fun of a little girl who apparently has cancer on a bus films it and then puts it up on the internet basically showing the whole world his you know what and rightfully so the universe is now raining down on this loser like the universe got hired to do that as a job and needed some overtime take that to the bank brohan 

Can someone explain the Disney Hopper plus pass to me?

Let's say we want to spend a week in Orlando. We find an Airbnb, VRBO or something like that. We buy a 4 day Hopper plus pass, and one day to universal.  I think that means we could schedule our week:

Sunday: magic kingdom, hop over to animal kingdom

Monday: epcot, Hollywood studios

Tuesday: blizzard beach, a round of mini golf at Fantasia Gardens

Wednesday: Universal

Thursday: magic kingdom, Epcot

Friday: animal kingdom, Hollywood studios

Saturday: Typhoon Lagoon, a round at Winter Summerland

Or something like that. Is that right? 

Can someone explain the Disney Hopper plus pass to me?

Let's say we want to spend a week in Orlando. We find an Airbnb, VRBO or something like that. We buy a 4 day Hopper plus pass, and one day to universal.  I think that means we could schedule our week:

Sunday: magic kingdom, hop over to animal kingdom

Monday: epcot, Hollywood studios

Tuesday: blizzard beach, a round of mini golf at Fantasia Gardens

Wednesday: Universal

Thursday: magic kingdom, Epcot

Friday: animal kingdom, Hollywood studios

Saturday: Typhoon Lagoon, a round at Winter Summerland

Or something like that. Is that right? 
I dont know much about it but I did find this.

So basically you are extending your 'doing things' days by using the "plus" experiences vs getting another park ticket for those 2 days.....so 4-day ticket, + 4 experience credits on the off days. I don't know how much extra the "plus" costs (we have an annual passes with the plus option), so I guess you would need to figure out the value of those plus experiences you are going to use vs just getting a park hopper ticket and paying for those experiences out of pocket. 

Admission to the water parks is $140 ($70 x 2 days) and $30 for the mini golf ( $15 x 2 rounds). So if the hooper plus is less then $170 per person then its worth it. 

as always, I would call and make sure there are no hidden issues or regulations that would not let you use the 'plus' perks on non-park days, but on the surface it looks like a good plan. 

glvsav37 said:
I dont know much about it but I did find this.

So basically you are extending your 'doing things' days by using the "plus" experiences vs getting another park ticket for those 2 days.....so 4-day ticket, + 4 experience credits on the off days. I don't know how much extra the "plus" costs (we have an annual passes with the plus option), so I guess you would need to figure out the value of those plus experiences you are going to use vs just getting a park hopper ticket and paying for those experiences out of pocket. 

Admission to the water parks is $140 ($70 x 2 days) and $30 for the mini golf ( $15 x 2 rounds). So if the hooper plus is less then $170 per person then its worth it. 

as always, I would call and make sure there are no hidden issues or regulations that would not let you use the 'plus' perks on non-park days, but on the surface it looks like a good plan. 
The plus is $50. 

4 day with the Park Hopper Plus Option: $315 plus tax. 5 day would be $333, 6 $351. But really we don't want 6 days at the parks.

Went to the Halloween party last night. At some point the parade stopped right in front of us. Must have been weird for the kids standing there watching Mr. incredible ask the same line about where he can find some cookies over and over and over. After about 5 minutes they cut the track and he just stood there awkwardly waving. :lmao:   I was dying. 

Went to the Halloween party last night. At some point the parade stopped right in front of us. Must have been weird for the kids standing there watching Mr. incredible ask the same line about where he can find some cookies over and over and over. After about 5 minutes they cut the track and he just stood there awkwardly waving. :lmao:   I was dying. 
How was the crowd? I keep hearing about how buys the party nights have become (in part due to them selling a party pass - admission to all parties for locals). My fam has done the MNSSHP a couple of different times but a few years ago now. We will be going to the Christmas party on the last night this year (12/22) which is going to be sold out. Ugh.

They have been reworking the entrance area to Epcot, not just the front plaza , but the whole tram loop and security area. 

This week they opened phase 1 and it includes a brand new tram loop and moving the security checkpoint under the monorail station. With the new bag checkpoint location, guests arriving by monorail no longer need to pass through security, with those guests already screened at the TTC.

As normally a MK Resort guest, this is huge. We are already screened at the monorail entrance at each resort, and with changes to the TTC recently, this puts the whole TTC and monorail transfer switch inside a protected area. Now we can just get off the monorail and be inside the security perimeter 

They have been reworking the entrance area to Epcot, not just the front plaza , but the whole tram loop and security area. 

This week they opened phase 1 and it includes a brand new tram loop and moving the security checkpoint under the monorail station. With the new bag checkpoint location, guests arriving by monorail no longer need to pass through security, with those guests already screened at the TTC.

As normally a MK Resort guest, this is huge. We are already screened at the monorail entrance at each resort, and with changes to the TTC recently, this puts the whole TTC and monorail transfer switch inside a protected area. Now we can just get off the monorail and be inside the security perimeter 
Was just there last night for F&W and was coming to post this...finally

Sounds like this guy is with some of you guys here. 

https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/why-i-gave-up-on-walt-disney-world/amp/

I will say that we still love it. We did decide for our upcoming trip to not reserve any dining outside of Olgas Cantina. We havent ever done it. I think glsav mentioned it. 

The only fast pass I think that is necessary will be the new Star Wars ride. If we dont get it, we will rope drop or jump on just before closing. 

They have what this guy wants in Disneyland and I thought it worked great if Im being honest. I would welcome that change to the fastpass. 

I went to Universal in Hollywood and thought it was meh compared to Disney. Maybe the one in Florida is different. I have only been to Islands of Adventure. 

https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/why-i-gave-up-on-walt-disney-world/amp/

I will say that we still love it. We did decide for our upcoming trip to not reserve any dining outside of Olgas Cantina. We havent ever done it. I think glsav mentioned it. 

The only fast pass I think that is necessary will be the new Star Wars ride. If we dont get it, we will rope drop or jump on just before closing. 

They have what this guy wants in Disneyland and I thought it worked great if Im being honest. I would welcome that change to the fastpass. 

I went to Universal in Hollywood and thought it was meh compared to Disney. Maybe the one in Florida is different. I have only been to Islands of Adventure. 
Christ that guy had some bad ideas. 

I’ll be at Disney Springs next Saturday if anyone’s around. Meeting friends for dinner at Paddlefish and staying at the Hilton across the street. I’ll be around Sunday morning for a little while too.

How was the crowd? I keep hearing about how buys the party nights have become (in part due to them selling a party pass - admission to all parties for locals). My fam has done the MNSSHP a couple of different times but a few years ago now. We will be going to the Christmas party on the last night this year (12/22) which is going to be sold out. Ugh.
Thought I responded to this but guess I didn’t. It was busier than it used to be — it used to be you could practically walk on the rides but even buzz lightyear had a 20 minute wait. Space mountain was 45. It just sucks how they’ve oversold it now. You can still get in a good spot for the parade and fireworks so that’s cool but it’s hard to justify the cost as they allow more and more people to pour in. 

Overall that guy just sounds like a crybaby.  I get some points though...You do pay a premium price and may or may not get a premium experience.  It just is what it is now.  Maybe prices will come down?  Maybe not.  For the moment, we're priced out.  

Capella said:
Thought I responded to this but guess I didn’t. It was busier than it used to be — it used to be you could practically walk on the rides but even buzz lightyear had a 20 minute wait. Space mountain was 45. It just sucks how they’ve oversold it now. You can still get in a good spot for the parade and fireworks so that’s cool but it’s hard to justify the cost as they allow more and more people to pour in. 
That all said we’ve secured Christmas party tickets already 🙄

That all said we’ve secured Christmas party tickets already 🙄
Yeah...we've done the same.  Wife has always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian too, so that night, we'll be staying there instead of driving home...a couple Christmas gifts knocked out in one mini-trip for the kids and her :thumbup:   

Disneyland's Max Pass system is far superior to Disneyworld's in my opinion.  You don't have to physically go to the ride to get a fastpass but you also aren't screwed if you make a last minute trip and no fast passes are available.  

A new magic band style is coming to WDW on Nov 12. 

New Slap-style bracelets will be an option to the classic bracelets. These slap-style ones are just like the ones we had as kids, but with the puck on the outside in a special stylized slider type holder. 

Disneyland's Max Pass system is far superior to Disneyworld's in my opinion.  You don't have to physically go to the ride to get a fastpass but you also aren't screwed if you make a last minute trip and no fast passes are available.  
The last minute thing is the big deal for us.  I absolutely love not worrying about being at a certain park on a certain day and time.  

I agree with this from that article

"Today, you can literally sit on your toilet at home and make your dining reservations 6 months out effortlessly with the flick of your finger. You can do the same to grab your FastPasses 3 months out. Seems convenient right? Not for me. I don’t want to plan my vacation that far ahead, and thus, when I get to the park, there are no FastPasses and no dining reservations left."

I liked the old system of getting your fast pass at the ride  :shrug:

??

You dont have to go to the ride at Disneyworld either

??

You dont have to go to the ride at Disneyworld either
I worded that bad.  I meant that you don't have to physically go to the ride under either system, but the Disneyland system doesn't lock you into a specific day three months in advance.  As soon as you are physically in the park that day, you can start making FP reservations.  It works so well.  

I don't know if it's changed but it was still in its infancy the new system the last time I was at Disney world but you were able to make changes once you got into the park.  for example we went to a ride that we had Mark for fastpass but the line wasn't that long so we're able to not fast pass that one and switch it with another one

The Christmas TV special is being taped tomorrow through Sunday.  Skits and performances will be at WDW, the parade footage will be from Disneyland.  
Expect some Parks disruptions from the tapings, like camera cranes and such blocking some views, crowd flows being rerouted to keep the riffraff off TV.  And don’t expect to get close to the Castle for the musical performances - those spots are usually given to cast members and Imagineers as perks.  But don’t fret because performances usually suck live - they will run through parts multiple times, stop tape without warning if there’s technical problems, the singers usually are lip syncing, the instruments usually aren’t plugged in.  The experience is more like taping a music video than a concert.  

All four WDW Parks will be used this year, so the four taping days will probably be just one day at each Park.  

Disney won’t prerelease a list of performers in the show because not everything they tape makes the final show, but IIRC talent is allowed to mention on social media that they are at WDW  - I’d also expect a few plugs for Disney+ content in addition to the musical numbers.  (BTW, if you’re a Verizon customer, check to see if your account qualifies for a year of Disney+ - over the next few weeks Verizon will be giving away a year of Disney+ to new customers, and a lot of existing customers will be offered it as well.). 

Last edited by a moderator:
It never ceases to amaze me how a company as massive as Disney has such a grabage web site. Everything about it is awful. 

There is nothing stranger in any theme park than walking through Universal and coming upon......1940s comic strip land. 

ooooooh a store featuring Popeye and Betty Boop!

There is nothing stranger in any theme park than walking through Universal and coming upon......1940s comic strip land. 

That ET and Dudley Dooright - I was shocked how some people rave about it.  My god how big was the HP blunder for Disney.  If you take HP out of the Universal parks I wouldn’t pay much over $30 to get in.

The log flume ride in that section is terrific.  The Dudley Do-Rite theming of it is, umm, dated.  

There’s an old Simpsons Comic Shop Guy quote that my brick-and-mortar best friend and I throw at each other a lot, “You must be the guy who writes Hi And Lois, because you’re making me laugh”.  Pops in my head every time I pull into the Universal Press Syndicate Museum section of Islands Of Adventure.

The log flume ride in that section is terrific.  The Dudley Do-Rite theming of it is, umm, dated.  

There’s an old Simpsons Comic Shop Guy quote that my brick-and-mortar best friend and I throw at each other a lot, “You must be the guy who writes Hi And Lois, because you’re making me laugh”.  Pops in my head every time I pull into the Universal Press Syndicate Museum section of Islands Of Adventure.
Great post :lmao:  Love that Hi and Lois line. 

Yea that log ride is great. 

That ET and Dudley Dooright - I was shocked how some people rave about it.  My god how big was the HP blunder for Disney.  If you take HP out of the Universal parks I wouldn’t pay much over $30 to get in.
The ET ride was a huuuuuuuge deal when it opened.  The bit where you signed in during the queue and during the ride ET would SAY YOUR NAME was some serious futuristic stuff. Now it’s so dated they’ve retired that bit.  
Studios also did well to retire the Jaws ride and make that space part of Diagon Alley.  The old Hollywood version where the backlot tour tram would get “stuck” in Amity and Jaws would pop up was good shtick in its time, but the Orlando version was like Jungle Cruise if the skipper carried a gun.

All the 3d rides make me ill...

Jurassic flume is underrated.

I just drink now...

Shocking Disney let that get away. Underbid or just not interested?

Great post :lmao:  Love that Hi and Lois line. 

Yea that log ride is great. 
Last time I was at IOA I took a photo of the Hi And Lois artwork and sent it to BFF with the quote.  He said he laughed so hard he had to close the door of his office.  

Can’t recall if I live-blogged it here... was at IOA a few years ago and it started raining. No big winds, no thunder or lightning, just a standard “because it’s Orlando” rainstorm.  I decided that was the time for us to hit the water rides because we were already wet.  Only time I’ve done the Popeye river raft ride there (which is weak compared to Cedar Fair offerings in this category but still way better than that terrible raft ride at AK) and it was great doing the log flume with no wait and no worry about the splash phase.  Wonderful.

That said love the parks, the Harry worlds are fantasticly done, my daughter loves it so that's all the matters. Because I have zero clue about it.

Hagrid was a great ride

Last time I was at IOA I took a photo of the Hi And Lois artwork and sent it to BFF with the quote.  He said he laughed so hard he had to close the door of his office.  

Can’t recall if I live-blogged it here... was at IOA a few years ago and it started raining. No big winds, no thunder or lightning, just a standard “because it’s Orlando” rainstorm.  I decided that was the time for us to hit the water rides because we were already wet.  Only time I’ve done the Popeye river raft ride there (which is weak compared to Cedar Fair offerings in this category but still way better than that terrible raft ride at AK) and it was great doing the log flume with no wait and no worry about the splash phase.  Wonderful.
Popeye is under construction for some upgrades

Rockit is quality....

Side note ...go out side entrance by minion ride to grab quick bite at hard Rock...

Disney Springs was packed on Saturday. We did lunch at Wine Bar George and dinner at Paddlefish. Our friends somehow ended up with 4 extra points on their dining plan so we got a 3 course meal with wine for a $60 tip on our $150 free dinner. It was awesome, but super loud. Loved staying at the Hilton across the street and won’t be back until my 10k in April. 

Shocking Disney let that get away. Underbid or just not interested?
Legend is they botched the pitch - money was right but didn’t want to give up creative control.  Universal didn’t even bid on it initially because they assumed Disney would close it.  
Unverified legend I hope is true: Rowling was in the car after meeting with Disney Imagineering in Orlando on her way back to the airport, tells the driver to take her to Universal, buys a ticket to Studios, walks in, identifies herself and asks to speak to someone in charge.  Universal saw Rowling’s demands as features, not bugs: they really liked the idea of building Hogwarts from the movie set blueprints and thought having a show inside Olivander’s to re-create the wand choosing the wizard would sell a ton of merch.

My daughter got a "private fitting"....

The whole worlds are money making machines...they need to update the sensors on the magic windows

The last time we were there was a week before Duergon? alley opened... The studio side

Slightly changing the topic from that colossal blunder, we went to Star Woos (my kid calls it that so I do too) Land the other day and I can see why people get bored with it quick. If you aren’t willing to part with 300 bucks total the droid and saber things don’t matter and the Falcon ride is cool but it’s only one ride. Hopefully the new ride adds a lot to it. 

The turkey jerky we had there is one of the 5 worst food items I’ve ever had in my life. Completely inedible garbage; a new low even for Disney theme park food. 

Just wrapped up an awesome 3 day Disney trip. I go about once a year, but this was the first time going with just me and my son (divorce should be final any week now) so it was extra special. He turned 4 on Saturday, and he had no idea we were going until I picked him up from his mom’s house Saturday morning. 

We did the new (I think they’re new) mid day tickets, where we can’t enter the park until noon. Didn’t get to Magic Kingdom until around 6pm Saturday and Sunday (went to the Bucs game Sunday) and still went on everything we wanted at least once. Went on 10-12 rides each night (MK was open til 11pm both nights). I’ve learned how to work the fast passes like a pro.  

I was surprised at how lite the lines were today at Hollywood Studios considering it’s a holiday. We were there from 12-9, and went on Alien Swirling Saucers FIVE times, Star Tours three times, Toy Story Mania, and Millennium Falcon. Also saw Nick Jr dance party, Frozen, Lightning McQueen, Beauty and the Beast, Muppets 3D, and ate at the Sci Fi restaurant. Waited until 8pm for Millennium, and was only in line for 30 minutes. My son doesn’t like roller coasters, so skipped those. 

We’re leaving for the airport in a few hours. Can’t wait to take him again next year. 

The turkey jerky we had there is one of the 5 worst food items I’ve ever had in my life. Completely inedible garbage; a new low even for Disney theme park food. 
It’s disappointing how they half-assed some of the food and did so well with others.  The Ronto Wrap is one of my favorite QSR meals.  But the food at the cantina is terrible.  Didn’t try the turkey jerky but that seems like something that should be pretty good.  

It’s disappointing how they half-assed some of the food and did so well with others.  The Ronto Wrap is one of my favorite QSR meals.  But the food at the cantina is terrible.  Didn’t try the turkey jerky but that seems like something that should be pretty good.  
Yea we liked the wraps too. Ate at the other place too (forget the name) and had the rib dish. It was ok. 

Users who are viewing this thread