What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (3 Viewers)

We took the 125% on our Disney cruise because our travel agent said we could change our mind and do the 100% cash later if we wanted.

Hopefully she didn't just make that part up.  :shock:
I just had my Royal Caribbean cruise cancelled (thank whatever deity you pray to) and it was very very clear that if you took the 125% credit you would NOT be able to ever get a full refund.  Maybe Disney is different. I hope it is for you. 

I just had my Royal Caribbean cruise cancelled (thank whatever deity you pray to) and it was very very clear that if you took the 125% credit you would NOT be able to ever get a full refund.  Maybe Disney is different. I hope it is for you. 
Our Norwegian cruise was cancelled back in March. We were offered 125% credit and some other perks. We opted for the refund instead. Got an email back then that it would be up to 90 days to process. We still have not seen the refund. Though I would enjoy a cruise in the future, I’ll never do it again. When we booked, they took our money that very minute. They won’t do me the same courtesy. Honesty right now, I’d be happily surprised to see my money before they declare bankruptcy or just plain steal it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Norwegian cruise was cancelled back in March. We were offered 125% credit and some other perks. We opted for the refund instead. Got an email back then that it would be up to 90 days to process. We still have not seen the refund. Though I would enjoy a cruise in the future, I’ll never do it again. When we booked, they took our money that very minute. They won’t do me the same courtesy. Honesty right now, I’d be happily surprised to see my money before they declare bankruptcy or just plain steal it.
Ugh, RC said 30-45 days. Hope you get it. Hope I do as well. 

If they do that I am extremely fascinated to see what they charge. Those are after-hours party attendance numbers. They could get 200 a ticket I would guess. 
and I'd want to know how season passholders fit in.  I asked above about the % of people at Disney that were US citizens vs from a different country for this reason.  If it's like a 50/50 split, it might be that this reduction takes care of itself given people from other countries can't even get here to go if they wanted to.

I will never forget waiting in line for toy story and the little girl in front of us would not stop itching her butt in her underwear. Smelling her hands and everything. Touching railings, was picky about her glasses. Her dad wasnt paying attention at all. 

We were gagging. You can actually social distance in line. 

To this day when we are getting ready to board it is a fun game of russian roulette. Please not car 17, please not car 17. 
I am quoting this sick #### again because it is this kind of nasty that has me convinced I am not going back to a theme park......for years. Dear lord man.

Stay safe everyone. 

I am quoting this sick #### again because it is this kind of nasty that has me convinced I am not going back to a theme park......for years. Dear lord man.

Stay safe everyone. 
not trying to be combative, but you guys realize that at some point that same kid may be on a playground before yours, sat at the same table in a restaurant before you, touched and put back every toy before you bought your kid one for a birthday gift...etc. 

This behavior isnt just limited to theme parks, its BEEN all around us for years—and we were fine. 

I'm not just shilling for theme parks, but I'm having this argument with my wife a lot now in regards to was use to be simple everyday things. I'm like, "we are never getting on an airplane ever again?" "We are never going on vacation ever again?" "Weddings are going to just be 10 people from now on?" (actually as the father of a daughter, I may be ok with that one, lol). But I'm sorry, I refuse the accept that this is going our life moving forward now because this virus chased us into our homes for 2 months. I don't discount that it wasn't there and very real, I live on Long Island NY, one of the nation's hot spots. But I also cling to the ida that these butt-sniffing kids have been around us our whole lives, and as gross as it maybe a little ignorance allowed our bodies to do the job that our bodies do while we all went out and had fun. 

The one thing this virus did was make us too hyper aware of our everyday surroundings, everything we touched and everyone we came into contact with. Unfortunately we already had a large segment of society who (IMO) were already over-sanitizing and ultra concerned about "germs." This just shot them into a whole new level of germ-warrior level and added a bunch more people to the highly germaphobe list. In my completely unscientific opinion, we hurting ourselves more then we are helping with mindsets like this. 

The Commish said:
and I'd want to know how season passholders fit in.  I asked above about the % of people at Disney that were US citizens vs from a different country for this reason.  If it's like a 50/50 split, it might be that this reduction takes care of itself given people from other countries can't even get here to go if they wanted to.
Read a rumor that they may even just limit it to Florida residents to start.

I’m a little surprised that we haven’t heard more about Shanghai Disney. Obviously there are a lot of differences between Shanghai Disney and Disney World/Disneyland, but I would still think that what they’re doing, any adjustments they’ve made, how it’s affected ride wait times, etc would still be somewhat of an indicator of what to expect.

There is an interesting rumor that WDW had no plans to open until the summer. However Universal pushed their target date up to next week and it caused WDW to scramble and put out a plan unwillingly. It will be interesting to watch. 

not trying to be combative, but you guys realize that at some point that same kid may be on a playground before yours, sat at the same table in a restaurant before you, touched and put back every toy before you bought your kid one for a birthday gift...etc. 

This behavior isnt just limited to theme parks, its BEEN all around us for years—and we were fine. 

I'm not just shilling for theme parks, but I'm having this argument with my wife a lot now in regards to was use to be simple everyday things. I'm like, "we are never getting on an airplane ever again?" "We are never going on vacation ever again?" "Weddings are going to just be 10 people from now on?" (actually as the father of a daughter, I may be ok with that one, lol). But I'm sorry, I refuse the accept that this is going our life moving forward now because this virus chased us into our homes for 2 months. I don't discount that it wasn't there and very real, I live on Long Island NY, one of the nation's hot spots. But I also cling to the ida that these butt-sniffing kids have been around us our whole lives, and as gross as it maybe a little ignorance allowed our bodies to do the job that our bodies do while we all went out and had fun. 

The one thing this virus did was make us too hyper aware of our everyday surroundings, everything we touched and everyone we came into contact with. Unfortunately we already had a large segment of society who (IMO) were already over-sanitizing and ultra concerned about "germs." This just shot them into a whole new level of germ-warrior level and added a bunch more people to the highly germaphobe list. In my completely unscientific opinion, we hurting ourselves more then we are helping with mindsets like this. 
I'm not sure there is a such thing as "too hyper aware" GB.  That said, I am with you on your overall point here.  This thing has caused us to pay attention to the disgust all around us :lmao:   I've been fighting this battle with my wife for years.  She's a scientist and extreme germaphobe (when it suits her).  The part in parentheses is probably true of a lot of us, and if we sit down and think about it, it doesn't take long to realize what a dirty world we live in.  This fiasco is making us face that and some don't like what they are seeing.

There is an interesting rumor that WDW had no plans to open until the summer. However Universal pushed their target date up to next week and it caused WDW to scramble and put out a plan unwillingly. It will be interesting to watch. 
Well summer is technically only a few weeks away so that doesn't seem too crazy. If they're going to host the NBA they also might be taking longer to work out their reopening plan, right?

I don’t disagree with you.

But at Disney your odds are far higher since you know.....there are thousands upon thousands of kids there.....ready to do this kind of crap. 

But at Disney your odds are far higher since you know.....there are thousands upon thousands of kids there.....ready to do this kind of crap. 
as have been movie theaters, bounce and play spaces, zoos, playgrounds, nursery schools, etc.

I dont disagree with your point, just the the OP pointed out 1 instance of a nasty kid that he physically saw. Your right, there have been thousands of nasty kids who probably have done some "nasty hand work" there up until this past fall, but I (and millions of other guests) never gave those kids a second thought in the 40+ years I have been enjoying (and working in) a theme park and made it out ok.  

Well summer is technically only a few weeks away so that doesn't seem too crazy. If they're going to host the NBA they also might be taking longer to work out their reopening plan, right?
From what I was reading, they were looking at more like early august. 

With the NBA, yes/no. From what I understand, the NBA thing is a way for them to monitor the players in a controlled environment. Taking over 1 or 2 resorts and having everyone involved stay there—players, coaches, staff, etc—and locking out access to the courts allows them to really separate them from other guests. I would assume that they cant visit the parks or at least have very limited, supervised access. But I have not 100% read up on all the details. 

They would most likely have to re-resort those guests already booked at wherever the players would be staying —I've head one of the All stars simply because of their overall size. 

I'm not sure there is a such thing as "too hyper aware" GB.  That said, I am with you on your overall point here.  This thing has caused us to pay attention to the disgust all around us :lmao:   I've been fighting this battle with my wife for years.  She's a scientist and extreme germaphobe (when it suits her).  The part in parentheses is probably true of a lot of us, and if we sit down and think about it, it doesn't take long to realize what a dirty world we live in.  This fiasco is making us face that and some don't like what they are seeing.
I guess what I meant by "too hyper aware" was the wiping down of every surface we contacted and going through this crazy radiation level procedure of putting on 4 sets gloves, opening the car door with our feel, holding out breath as we walk past people and having a ultra-sanitizing spray station set up in our garage for when we got home. I'm kidding of course, but at the start of this, you would think everything we encountered was "Lava" as my kids put it. lol

And its not just local kids.  Its kids from all over the country and international as well.

Which IMO, is the big difference between the local park, or a theater or store or restaurant.

Read a rumor that they may even just limit it to Florida residents to start.

I’m a little surprised that we haven’t heard more about Shanghai Disney. Obviously there are a lot of differences between Shanghai Disney and Disney World/Disneyland, but I would still think that what they’re doing, any adjustments they’ve made, how it’s affected ride wait times, etc would still be somewhat of an indicator of what to expect.
My thoughts exactly.

I found this story, and these photos.  The photo captions have good info as well - for example, China's social distancing rule is 3 feet vs. our CDC's 6 feet.

I was thinking of throwing money at DIS stock rn but unfortunately they're already up over 50% since they hit their bottom a couple months ago.

I saw a commercial to make reservations on I think it was Hulu or might have been OTA last night.

Anything about prices or priority?  I'd assume they are giving first priority to those who already had reservations...

AK isn't too surprising as it's so large and mostly spread out - I guess MK because it's just the main park.

One thing I foresee with this is huge price hikes down the road with a smaller park capacity.  I think you could easily get people to pay double what they pay today to have 50% capacity.  I think your average Disney fan is going to get priced out even further due to the pandemic. 

AK isn't too surprising as it's so large and mostly spread out - I guess MK because it's just the main park.

One thing I foresee with this is huge price hikes down the road with a smaller park capacity.  I think you could easily get people to pay double what they pay today to have 50% capacity.  I think your average Disney fan is going to get priced out even further due to the pandemic. 
It’s why I think they should just open the parks 24/7 (maybe not AK)

Although, now that I think about it - I wasn't factoring in social distancing and store capacity limits.  I guess it's possible to have a 6-hour wait if they are only letting in a couple hundred at a time.

That seems made up.  There's only so much parking there anyway.  Granted - as bored as I've been and stir crazy there's a slight possibility I would stand in that line just for something to do.
I drove by there Sunday and they had at least one of the parking structures closed off as well as a bunch of surface parking on the west side. 

I drove by there Sunday and they had at least one of the parking structures closed off as well as a bunch of surface parking on the west side. 
Yeah, I'm still leaning towards fake or exaggerated but I do think it's possible.  Let's take a simple hypothetical - let's say the place holds 700 people and the average patron stays in the store for an hour.  If they are only letting 100 in at a time, the other 600 that would normally be going in are on line - that could be a 6-hour wait.  Granted, that's crazy to actually wait in but it's at least more plausible than I thought at first.

Glad I got 5 months to see how this all shakes out before its our turn to go.  

No meet and greet, parades or fireworks should keep some folks away.  You gotta think there are a lot of people with the really young kids that go for mostly that stuff.  

No fireworks takes a lot of the fun away.   

I bet for an extra $50 you can assure your reservation in a certain park.  Is this when they start selling FP's too?  

Glad I got 5 months to see how this all shakes out before its our turn to go.  

No meet and greet, parades or fireworks should keep some folks away.  You gotta think there are a lot of people with the really young kids that go for mostly that stuff.  

No fireworks takes a lot of the fun away.   

I bet for an extra $50 you can assure your reservation in a certain park.  Is this when they start selling FP's too?  
Yep, I've got my Oct trip in mind too. I'm going for a conference and usually stay a few days to park hop, but I'll have to gauge where this things is going and if there is any possibility of a reinfection chance in fall.  

I could just go to the conf and back home but it would kill me to be that close to the parks and not go—esp if food and wine is going on!!! 

Yep, I've got my Oct trip in mind too. I'm going for a conference and usually stay a few days to park hop, but I'll have to gauge where this things is going and if there is any possibility of a reinfection chance in fall.  

I could just go to the conf and back home but it would kill me to be that close to the parks and not go—esp if food and wine is going on!!! 
Yeah, we haven't spent a penny on the trip at this point so I can take it or leave it.  If we can go, we're going though.  

We had made op our minds to go ahead and get season passes around Christmas, but waiting to buy them, thankfully.  Maybe something will go on sale, or we'll get some sort of priority? 

I didn't hear/see anything talking about how they determine what to do with those coming for the day etc.  We still haven't used the first day of our annual passes we started paying for in January.  Usually I take the kids during their spring break, but they were shut down by then.

And its not just local kids.  Its kids from all over the country and international as well.

Which IMO, is the big difference between the local park, or a theater or store or restaurant.
And that is really my point. You have people from all over the world coming into the theme parks. Why would anyone want to go to a theme park now. I would be waiting till this thing tides over to do that kind of travel. I mean think about that. 

I am all for getting the economy opened back up. But I am also about common sense. 

Now....with that being said people can do whatever they want. If they want to go to theme parks go ahead. 

Me? Been there enough to know it is not worth the risk to get this virus while we are in the first wave of the pandemic. We can wait a year or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess on reservations: there will be a certain number of people allowed into each park each day and you must have a reservation specifically for that park in that date to enter. So no walk ups at all. And I’m betting no park hoppers as well.

Right now they’re not allowing any more reservations/tickets to be booked. They are giving first shot at reservations to current hotel/ticket reservation holders, DVC members and annual pass holders. I’m guessing that they’ll phase out some kind of system reaching out to those groups to see if they intend to still come and allow them to lock in a reservation for certain parks on certain dates. Once a park is fully booked, that will be that unless someone cancels. But I would have to imagine this leaves some people with current reservations or plans out of luck.

We’re still a ways out from our November reservations so presumably things could change before then, but if they’re not allowing character interactions, parades or fireworks we may cancel. I get why they’d stop those things, especially the character interactions, but for my daughter’s first (and possibly only) trip I’d hate for her to miss out on so much.

And that is really my point. You have people from all over the world coming into the theme parks. Why would anyone want to go to a theme park now. I would be waiting till this thing tides over to do that kind of travel. I mean think about that. 

I am all for getting the economy opened back up. But I am also about common sense. 

Now....with that being said people can do whatever they want. If they want to go to theme parks go ahead. 

Me? Been there enough to know it is not worth the risk to get this virus while we are in the first wave of the pandemic. We can wait a year or two.
I would feel far more comfortable in a jam packed park full of people from Europe and Asia than one full of the average American.  We simply don't have the self awareness or desire to do the needful to drive the benefit of all.

We’re still a ways out from our November reservations so presumably things could change before then, but if they’re not allowing character interactions, parades or fireworks we may cancel. I get why they’d stop those things, especially the character interactions, but for my daughter’s first (and possibly only) trip I’d hate for her to miss out on so much.
:goodposting:  Same boat, we were supposed to go for the first, and maybe only, time about two months ago, and ended up rescheduling it for October.  But if we have to walk around in masks the whole week for a watered-down experience, I'll probably just end up canceling.  

I would feel far more comfortable in a jam packed park full of people from Europe and Asia than one full of the average American.  We simply don't have the self awareness or desire to do the needful to drive the benefit of all.
Ok then. 

I will simply stay local....till we have legit therapies and a vaccine before I think about cruising and traveling again. I can wait 6-12 months. It is not that vital to me over the next year.

Stay safe for those traveling to Disney. I love it there too. And look forward to going back....when I don’t have to wear masks or worry about anything anymore. And it will be like that again...just gotta let science and medicine as well as herd immunity take hold over the next year. We will get there before we know it.

Ok then. 

I will simply stay local....till we have legit therapies and a vaccine before I think about cruising and traveling again. I can wait 6-12 months. It is not that vital to me over the next year.

Stay safe for those traveling to Disney. I love it there too. And look forward to going back....when I don’t have to wear masks or worry about anything anymore. And it will be like that again...just gotta let science and medicine as well as herd immunity take hold over the next year. We will get there before we know it.
Please don't read more into my post.  I'm not going anytime soon unless it's an incredibly small number of people in the parks.  My point was, my concern isn't with those from other countries as much as it is with fellow Americans.  While it should be a year + from now that masks aren't required, if current behavior is any indication, it will be a mere matter of months before masks are an afterthought.  I am willing to bet there will be several "confrontations" documented on youtube in the coming months.

Users who are viewing this thread