What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (5 Viewers)

Just made dinner reservations for Ohana. :thumbup:

My parents are renting a house in Orlando for the entire month of March. Son and I will stay with them for a week. Sister, BIL, and nieces are doing the same thing. Free room. :shock:

Flight and car are booked. Still need to buy the park tickets. Leaning toward 7 day no-hopping this time. Though part of me thinks this would be the time (staying off-site for once) to try Universal.

Just made dinner reservations for Ohana. :excited:My parents are renting a house in Orlando for the entire month of March. Son and I will stay with them for a week. Sister, BIL, and nieces are doing the same thing. Free room. :goodposting:Flight and car are booked. Still need to buy the park tickets. Leaning toward 7 day no-hopping this time. Though part of me thinks this would be the time (staying off-site for once) to try Universal.
Got back last Saturday. Every time I go, I regret not making reservations for Ohana and LeCeller for two nights. Since we go often we don't need to go to the parks everyday, so we usually take off days. We have annual passes, so this time we made sure we got to the parks while the gates open. If there were magic hours for the morning we went to that park. Then by lunch time we went back to the hotel, went to DTD or played putt-putt (what we usually do on the off day). Then we head to dinner and back to a park for the fireworks. It worked out great as we got just as much stuff done in 2 hours as we would for half a day getting there usually an hour after it opens.

Heading there in mid-March after most of the week in Key West. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for 2 nights and doing the MK for one day. I bought Florida resident 1 day passes online and got voucher cards in the mail. Does anyone know if it is possible to exchange these for real tickets at any of the resorts? I think the answer is no, but I have read conflicting things.

If I can only exchange them at a park or the ticket and transportation center at MK, do I have to do it the same day or can I do it the night before for the next day? Really hate to wait in that line again. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah...dining reservations:

Fulton's dinner Friday night

Grand Floridian cafe Saturday for lunch

Kona Cafe for dinner Saturday night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure there are a lot of good suggestions throughout this thread but where should I be making reservations?

We have the obligatory breakfast with Cinderella in the castle. What else should we reserve?

Answered my own question (actually Disney did). Can exchange vouchers at any guest relations any time for one day tix. Since we are going to Fulton's Friday night, we will get our tix at Downtown Disney. Glad I don't have to wait at that awful line at the Ticketing and Transportation Center.

I'm sure there are a lot of good suggestions throughout this thread but where should I be making reservations?We have the obligatory breakfast with Cinderella in the castle. What else should we reserve?
Kids? Meal plan? Ohana and LeCeller is the best food. No characters and I don't think LeCeller is on the meal plan anymore.

Anyone been to Shula's steak house in the Dolphin hotel?

I am debating on either going there or leaving disney property and trying out a Ruth Chris or Mortons type of place.

I'm sure there are a lot of good suggestions throughout this thread but where should I be making reservations?We have the obligatory breakfast with Cinderella in the castle. What else should we reserve?
Kids? Meal plan? Ohana and LeCeller is the best food. No characters and I don't think LeCeller is on the meal plan anymore.
Meal plan. There will be ten people overall. 4 kids 8, 7, 7, 4

Meal plan. There will be ten people overall. 4 kids 8, 7, 7, 4
If you don't mind having lunch on the early side. (11:30 am or so), walk up at Le Cellier will get you in sans reservation.ETA: looks like they are going to Signature Dining on March 1 so expect to pay more.

snogger said:
Yankee23Fan said:
Disco Stu said:
Just made dinner reservations for Ohana. :excited:
It's like enjoying a fine woman who knows how to please your every desire, only with buffalo wings, steak, chicken and banana's foster bread pudding with ice cream.

Post pics.
;) Not sure if you want :pics: of the "Fine Woman" or the dinner?? ;)
The dinner is fine. I haven't been able to take care of two at once since college.

Do most people just book through the Disney website?

Im pretty inexperienced. So Im worried Ill be overpaying if I do that. Do travel agents have any deals that make them worth it?

Do most people just book through the Disney website?Im pretty inexperienced. So Im worried Ill be overpaying if I do that. Do travel agents have any deals that make them worth it?
I've heard from some people that there is a site called Small World Vacations that specialize in Disney vacations and that they can get you every deal possible,I've never used them, but next year, I'll be planning a trip and I think I am going to give them a shot. I've heard great things about them.

Do most people just book through the Disney website?Im pretty inexperienced. So Im worried Ill be overpaying if I do that. Do travel agents have any deals that make them worth it?
I've heard from some people that there is a site called Small World Vacations that specialize in Disney vacations and that they can get you every deal possible,I've never used them, but next year, I'll be planning a trip and I think I am going to give them a shot. I've heard great things about them.
:confused: :link: :lmao:

We used a travel agent once when we were flying. She was great to be honest and she did a great job of getting us deals and not raping us. We haven't used her since we started driving down there, though. Without the plane part of it, and having to compensate for longer driving times and whatnot, we do everything right through Disney. They go out of their way to help you get every deal that can be offered. My wife has been on the phone with them for an hour trying to structure everything a certain way. They usually come up with plans and setups she wasn't even thinking about.All you need is a rough idea of when you want to go and what you want to do (dining plan, stay on site, park hopper type stuff) and then work with them to figure it out.

Im pretty inexperienced. So Im worried Ill be overpaying if I do that. Do travel agents have any deals that make them worth it?
I've heard from some people that there is a site called Small World Vacations Kingdom Planners that specialize in Disney vacations and that they can get you every deal possible,I've never used them, but next year, I'll be planning a trip and I think I am going to give them a shot. I've heard great things about them.
:confused: :unsure: :lmao:

I go through the WDW site and get some pretty good Florida discounts on tix and lodging so I don't try other outlets.

Foosball God said:
2 new ones we tried that we liked were Captains Grill and The Wave...can't say enough about The Wave. My filet was better there than at LeCellier. We love Ohana too.

Foosball God said:
2 new ones we tried that we liked were Captains Grill and The Wave...can't say enough about The Wave. My filet was better there than at LeCellier. We love Ohana too.
Wave is pretty solid. I forget what I had, but Mrs. Osaurus liked it. Although I am not sure I liked the location of it in the bowels of the Contemporary. Where is Captain's Grill at? ETA: Yacht Club. Got it.

:goodposting: :kicksrock: :welcome:
Why is that funny, Yankees?? Is it a scam or something???

One thing I wish I knew was that 8 days with two children, one 4 and the other 1, is WAY too much time. The last two days were a repeat of everything we had already done.

One thing I wish I knew was that 8 days with two children, one 4 and the other 1, is WAY too much time. The last two days were a repeat of everything we had already done.
I can see that.The last time I went, we had an 8 day pass and it was like you said. Now, part of the problem is that I had my kids with me. My wife and I could go to Disney and spend two days in the World Showcase alone, drinking and walking around. Can't do that so much with the kids.To me, my sweet spot for Disney is a 6 day pass. Two days for MK and EP and 1 day each for HS and AK. If you go for a few extra days, you could take in Sea World or Universal or just shop or something.The next time we go, that's what we are going to try and do.

:shrug: :lmao: :lmao:
It's possible he was thinking of the Orange Whip Kingdom Planners fiasco. I have heard good things about Small World Vacations. They are the ones mentioned in the Mousesavers.com newsletter each month.

:thumbup: :lmao: :lmao:
It's possible he was thinking of the Orange Whip Kingdom Planners fiasco. I have heard good things about Small World Vacations. They are the ones mentioned in the Mousesavers.com newsletter each month.
Yeah - I thought that was a cut and paste of that post.

:thumbup: :lmao: :lmao:
I don't remember that fiasco. Link???

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:goodposting: I've gotten blamed at least once of doing the same thing as that :tfp:

As I've mentioned many times I have no affiliation with the site we use, but they have done great things for us on the two trips we have taken so I feel the need to share it :

The Magic for Less Saved us a lot of :moneybag: as they continued to watch for any discounts or bargains so I could just plan the trip without continually searching. :thumbup:

I've gotten blamed at least once of doing the same thing as that :tfp:

As I've mentioned many times I have no affiliation with the site we use, but they have done great things for us on the two trips we have taken so I feel the need to share it :

The Magic for Less Saved us a lot of :towelwave: as they continued to watch for any discounts or bargains so I could just plan the trip without continually searching. :thumbup:
I dropped the name snogger when I contacted Carla. :thumbup:

Cinderella's Royal Table at the Magic KingdomSunday, June 26th at 8:40 am24 hour cancellation policy – credit card guarantee‘Ohana at the PolynesianSunday, June 26th at 6:40 pmKona Cafe at the PolynesianMonday, June 27th at 9:05 amThe Wave at the ContemporaryTuesday, June 28th at 6:15 pmSupercalifragalistic Breakfast at 1900 Park FareWednesday, June 29 at 9:05 amThe Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at the PolynesianCategory 2 seatingThursday, June 30th at 5:15 pm48 hour cancellation policy – credit card guaranteeWhispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness LodgeFriday, July 1st at 6:15 pm
Anything I missed that I should try for? Has anyone done the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique thing for their daughter?

Anything I missed that I should try for? Has anyone done the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique thing for their daughter?
We did it when we went last month. She loved it. I can send you some pics at:sj:I will be going back in February since we just booked a cruise and have some free tix bc they messed up our reservation stuff last month

Cinderella's Royal Table at the Magic KingdomSunday, June 26th at 8:40 am24 hour cancellation policy – credit card guarantee‘Ohana at the PolynesianSunday, June 26th at 6:40 pmKona Cafe at the PolynesianMonday, June 27th at 9:05 amThe Wave at the ContemporaryTuesday, June 28th at 6:15 pmSupercalifragalistic Breakfast at 1900 Park FareWednesday, June 29 at 9:05 amThe Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at the PolynesianCategory 2 seatingThursday, June 30th at 5:15 pm48 hour cancellation policy – credit card guaranteeWhispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness LodgeFriday, July 1st at 6:15 pm
Don't have a daughter. You have some solid choices here.... O'hana obviously being the top choice.IF you are a fan of fish The Coral Reef in EPCOT is pretty good and you get to sit by the tank - kids usually love that. In fact there is just a ton of other stuff you can do - it's hard to list them all. Did you get locked out of Le'Cellier in Canada? That's a must.

:goodposting:

I've gotten blamed at least once of doing the same thing as that :tfp:

The Magic for Less Saved us a lot of :moneybag: as they continued to watch for any discounts or bargains so I could just plan the trip without continually searching. :thumbup:
I may check them out just to get an idea. The problem is, I think, that the constantly checking and changing and calling is part of the fun for my wife. :shrug: I just write the check and mentally prepare for O'hana.

We did it when we went last month. She loved it. I can send you some pics at:sj:I will be going back in February since we just booked a cruise and have some free tix bc they messed up our reservation stuff last month
Was that something you had to book way in advance too?
We did it when we made the rest of our reservations. We plan on trying to walk up to Le Celier if we go to EPCOT. We really havent talked about it yet. We are not staying on property this time

Cinderella's Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom

Sunday, June 26th at 8:40 am

24 hour cancellation policy – credit card guarantee

‘Ohana at the Polynesian

Sunday, June 26th at 6:40 pm

Kona Cafe at the Polynesian

Monday, June 27th at 9:05 am

The Wave at the Contemporary

Tuesday, June 28th at 6:15 pm

Supercalifragalistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare

Wednesday, June 29 at 9:05 am

The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at the Polynesian

Category 2 seating

Thursday, June 30th at 5:15 pm

48 hour cancellation policy – credit card guarantee

Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge

Friday, July 1st at 6:15 pm
Don't have a daughter. You have some solid choices here.... O'hana obviously being the top choice.IF you are a fan of fish The Coral Reef in EPCOT is pretty good and you get to sit by the tank - kids usually love that. In fact there is just a ton of other stuff you can do - it's hard to list them all. Did you get locked out of Le'Cellier in Canada? That's a must.
Didn't know to try for that one. Is it on the meal plan?

Cinderella's Royal Table at the Magic KingdomSunday, June 26th at 8:40 am24 hour cancellation policy – credit card guarantee'Ohana at the PolynesianSunday, June 26th at 6:40 pmKona Cafe at the PolynesianMonday, June 27th at 9:05 amThe Wave at the ContemporaryTuesday, June 28th at 6:15 pmSupercalifragalistic Breakfast at 1900 Park FareWednesday, June 29 at 9:05 amThe Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at the PolynesianCategory 2 seatingThursday, June 30th at 5:15 pm48 hour cancellation policy – credit card guaranteeWhispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness LodgeFriday, July 1st at 6:15 pm
It seems like you don't mind dinner shows, and if thats the case the Hoop de doo review is a must.Plus it comes with all you can drink draft beer and you need to take a boat ride to get there.

Was that something you had to book way in advance too?
We did it when we made the rest of our reservations. We plan on trying to walk up to Le Celier if we go to EPCOT. We really havent talked about it yet. We are not staying on property this time
Walking up to Le'Cellier is tough; nearly impossible. Initially, they clean the place out from the lunch crowd I wanna say around 3:00. There is a dead time for about a half hour as they regroup for dinner. I've been there with early reservations at 3:30-4:00 and the people walking up are turned away because there is nothing at all available. IT's become one of the top 3 places to go to for a meal and everyone shoots for it.I haven't tried lunch though - maybe that's your best bet.

‘Ohana at the Polynesian

Category 2 seating

Didn't know to try for that one. Is it on the meal plan?
It is but it counts as 2 meals. It's very very worth it though.

Cinderella's Royal Table at the Magic KingdomSunday, June 26th at 8:40 am24 hour cancellation policy – credit card guarantee'Ohana at the PolynesianSunday, June 26th at 6:40 pmKona Cafe at the PolynesianMonday, June 27th at 9:05 amThe Wave at the ContemporaryTuesday, June 28th at 6:15 pmSupercalifragalistic Breakfast at 1900 Park FareWednesday, June 29 at 9:05 amThe Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at the PolynesianCategory 2 seatingThursday, June 30th at 5:15 pm48 hour cancellation policy – credit card guaranteeWhispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness LodgeFriday, July 1st at 6:15 pm
It seems like you don't mind dinner shows, and if thats the case the Hoop de doo review is a must.Plus it comes with all you can drink draft beer and you need to take a boat ride to get there.
The wife, SIL, and step MIL love shows, I don't mind them but it isn't a big deal for me. The reason I didn't choose the Hoop de doo was that it cost 2 meals and we already spent two on the Cinderella breakfast.

Yeah, over to the camp ground - Fort Wilderness. Fun place. IF you shoot for that, you should also try to plan to do the Campfire Show - they set up fire pits to let kids roast marshmellows and Chip and Dale are there as well. Really really fun time with some entertainment.

The wife, SIL, and step MIL love shows, I don't mind them but it isn't a big deal for me. The reason I didn't choose the Hoop de doo was that it cost 2 meals and we already spent two on the Cinderella breakfast.
I went to both last yearHDDR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cinderella Ryoal Table

‘Ohana at the Polynesian

Category 2 seating

We enjoyed our meal there last time. Daughter kept giving strange glances towards the Tank which was right behind my head and back at her meal. I asked, what do you keep looking at?

She responded "Well, feels strange to be eating that guy's family member while he's looking at us :goodposting: " :moneybag:

I went to both last yearHDDR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cinderella Ryoal Table
I have to agree - but I don't have daughters. The whole castle experience is overrated to me having a son. We did the dinner once as a date night when other family came down and it was cool to see the fireworks from the dinningroom, but overall it wasn't so great that we need to go back. Again, though, with girls I'm guessing it goes to a whole 'nother level.This is one of the many reasons why we go back so much. There is just so many different things to do see and eat. You can go twice a year and never have the same vacation twice.

I went to both last year

HDDR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cinderella Ryoal Table
Yeah but we can't miss out on going into the Castle. We've got two 7 year old girls, not to mention I want to check the place Cinderella too.

Don't have a daughter. You have some solid choices here.... O'hana obviously being the top choice.

IF you are a fan of fish The Coral Reef in EPCOT is pretty good and you get to sit by the tank - kids usually love that. In fact there is just a ton of other stuff you can do - it's hard to list them all. Did you get locked out of Le'Cellier in Canada? That's a must.
We enjoyed our meal there last time. Daughter kept giving strange glasses towards the Tank which was right behind my head and back at her meal. I asked, what do you keep looking at?

She responded "Well, feels strange to be eating that guy's family member while he's looking at us :unsure: " :lmao:
Solid.

Yankee, planned on lunch when it opened at 11:30

Only way, dinner can never be walked in on

Will have to check out the hddr. Never heard of it

Since we are going alone without family, what is the deal with parents waiting on line together. Someone mentioned it in here once. Parent riding or something like that

Users who are viewing this thread