What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sherman & Shottenheimer could be next to be fired (1 Viewer)

gbill2004

Footballguy
Chargers | Smith and Schottenheimer not getting alongSun, 1 Jan 2006 09:54:59 -0800Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the situation between San Diego Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer and general manager A.J. Smith is getting worse. Sources close to Smith say if he had his way, he would fire Schottenheimer. Packers | Sherman possibly out as head coachSun, 1 Jan 2006 09:54:38 -0800Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Green Bay Packers QB Mike Sherman could be fired after the 2005 season. If Sherman is fired, the team would likely look for a coach with strong quarterback coaching skills or a fiery coach with the opposite approach of Sherman.

I hadn't expected Schottenheimer to be in jeopardy, that would throw an interesting monkey wrench into what's sure to be a busy coaching carousel this offseason. As to Sherman? He's been dead man walking for months now. :yes:

Peter King on WEEI in Boston was speculating on head coaching changes for next year. When speaking on GB he said (and I am paraphrasing) "I'm not saying the Packers will hire Mike Tice, but I can say that there are several people in the GB organization that like Mike Tice." :excited:

Peter King on WEEI in Boston was speculating on head coaching changes for next year.

When speaking on GB he said (and I am paraphrasing) "I'm not saying the Packers will hire Mike Tice, but I can say that there are several people in the GB organization that like Mike Tice."

:excited:
Mike Tice is a great guy, he still hangs around the same bar that he's frequented since he came to Minnesota years ago,he does things for charity that are never reported, he's approachable, and he's candid on his radio show.However, none of this translates top the football field, he's a lousy coach with no idea of how to manage a game. Viking fans should hope that this ludicrious rumor is true...

Peter King on WEEI in Boston was speculating on head coaching changes for next year.

When speaking on GB he said (and I am paraphrasing) "I'm not saying the Packers will hire Mike Tice, but I can say that there are several people in the GB organization that like Mike Tice."

:lmao: If that happens you watch all The Packer fans turn a 180 and show their support and say he got the shaft in Minnesota.

Living in Wisconsin I've heard the best..

Reggie White as an Eagle...He's over paid and not as good as the Eagles media would like you to believe.

Reggie's a Packer??? WOW He's one of the best of all time..

Freeman with the Packers was a god, great WR, one of the best..

He leaves and it's, ah he isn't that good any ways(proved to be true :thumbup: )

Could be a FUN off season. ;)

I like Marty, but if I had to choose between Marty and AJ it wouldn't be close. I'd choose AJ in a heartbeat. The rumors (just rumors -- the whole "fire Marty" thing is nothing but rumors) are that Wade Phillips would be elevated to head coach if Marty is a goner.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will NEVER happen.

If it does, you will NEVER see MrPack post again, NEVER.
If Tice is hired as the Packers coach? Are you serious about this?
If Tice got hired I don't think you need to worry about Mr. pack's Statement.. He'd explode. He :rant: :hot: :rant: :hot: hates Tice so much I think we'd hear the pop throughout Wisconsin if it happened.

This will NEVER happen.

If it does, you will NEVER see MrPack post again, NEVER.
If Tice is hired as the Packers coach? Are you serious about this?
If Tice got hired I don't think you need to worry about Mr. pack's Statement.. He'd explode. He :rant: :hot: :rant: :hot: hates Tice so much I think we'd hear the pop throughout Wisconsin if it happened.
:yes: :hot: :rant:

As to Sherman? He's been dead man walking for months now. :yes:
He should've been fired last season but there was no way to justify it after the Packers recovered from a horrible start to win another division title. But hopefully Thompson will make the right move and dump Sherman now.

:lmao: If that happens you watch all The Packer fans turn a 180 and show their support and say he got the shaft in Minnesota.
Actually, I'll consider Thompson to be the worst GM in the league and hope like hell he gets fired immediately. Only a fool would hire Mike Tice as a head coach.

I like Marty, but if I had to choose between Marty and AJ it wouldn't be close. I'd choose AJ in a heartbeat. The rumors (just rumors -- the whole "fire Marty" thing is nothing but rumors) are that Wade Phillips would be elevated to head coach if Marty is a goner.
Promoting Bumm's son would be the worst move ever.

Chargers | Smith and Schottenheimer not getting along

Sun, 1 Jan 2006 09:54:59 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the situation between San Diego Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer and general manager A.J. Smith is getting worse. Sources close to Smith say if he had his way, he would fire Schottenheimer.

Packers | Sherman possibly out as head coach

Sun, 1 Jan 2006 09:54:38 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Green Bay Packers QB Mike Sherman could be fired after the 2005 season. If Sherman is fired, the team would likely look for a coach with strong quarterback coaching skills or a fiery coach with the opposite approach of Sherman.
Mariucci will be the Packers next head coach. Write it down!

Promoting Bumm's son would be the worst move ever.
I disagree. I think Wade Phillips is just the guy to handle the Brees-Rivers situation diplomatically without causing any distractions or dividing the team. /sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread