What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the logo? (1 Viewer)

Amishmen

Footballguy
Please enlighten me. What is the logo along the sidelines at the 50 yard line on New England's filed.The Gray thing with yellow lightning bolts coming out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe there is a silouette of the stadium at the 20 or 30 yard markers... but on the 50yard mark is the Pats logo

This question has been asked a few times each of the last couple years.I believe it's a logo for the stadium.

A bunch of us were looking at it last night and we were trying to figure it out. Some of the guesses were: a razor, a bridge, part of a face mask, an ice cream scoop, a vibrator.Yes we were drunk but it sure is a goofy looking logo.

Ok...that is one question...the other is what is the point of having a corner of the stadium basically missing?Down on the one endzone, there are no corner seats? Is there a point to this large opening? Basically just missing out on some good lower level seating.

Ok...that is one question...the other is what is the point of having a corner of the stadium basically missing?

Down on the one endzone, there are no corner seats? Is there a point to this large opening? Basically just missing out on some good lower level seating.
Modern stadium architecture / design tries to bring the cityscape in to the stadium. That's a fancy way of saying that fans can see the city from their seats.Not knowing the sightline of the stadium I can't comment, but Philly and Baltimore do this.

Ok...that is one question...the other is what is the point of having a corner of the stadium basically missing?

Down on the one endzone, there are no corner seats?  Is there a point to this large opening?  Basically just missing out on some good lower level seating.
Modern stadium architecture / design tries to bring the cityscape in to the stadium. That's a fancy way of saying that fans can see the city from their seats.Not knowing the sightline of the stadium I can't comment, but Philly and Baltimore do this.
Heinz Field also has an open end which shows the city skyline.

Down on the one endzone, there are no corner seats?  Is there a point to this large opening?  Basically just missing out on some good lower level seating.
It also allows in the smell.

It also allows in the smell.
This was funny, even before I saw your avatar.

Down on the one endzone, there are no corner seats? Is there a point to this large opening? Basically just missing out on some good lower level seating.
Foxboro is a fairly small town near no big city and thus doesn't have any semblance of a skyline. (I've stayed there many times on past business trips.)

Foxboro is a fairly small town near no big city and thus doesn't have any semblance of a skyline. (I've stayed there many times on past business trips.)
I can't recall if you can see the Boston skyline from that part of the stadium (I'm pretty sure you can't) but you CAN see it from the top of Route 1 as you come into Walpole, a few miles past the stadium. On a clear day, you can see the entire Boston skyline.

Users who are viewing this thread