What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Healthy Patriots can't be stopped! (1 Viewer)

Thumper

Footballguy
The New England Patriots set a record tonight with their 10th consecutive playoff victory. The Pat's dominated a very good Jacksonville team tonight and seem ready to roll in the coming weeks to a threepeat and Lombardi trophy number 4 in 5 years.The time has come to ask are these Patriots the greatest team ever?The Patriots are simply mentally tougher than any other team. They just methodically wear teams down. The Patriots find your weakness and exploit it like no other team in the history of the NFL has ever done. Simply put these Patriots are the smartest team ever. Tom Brady conducts surgery on opposing defenses. He will pick you apart with seemingly 25 different weapons. Who is going to beat you today? Dillon,Watson,Givens,Faulk,Branch? You get my point . They are so balanced it's scaryOn defense Bill Belichick makes mega stars like Peyton Manning look like they are not good enough to play on the VJ team at their local high school. Remember last year when the Colts (One of the greatest offensive teams ever) couldn't put up more than 3 points in the playoffs vs New England? And that was with wr Troy Brown playing cornerback. If the team was 100% healthy Indy would not have scored. What about when Belichick game planned one of the greatest game plans in NFL history vs the greatest show on turf the STL Rams (remember them?) with a team that didn't have half the talent that the current team has. STL has NEVER been the same since Belichick gave the rest of the NFL the blueprint to shut down that offense.A 4th superbowl title in four years (which is even more impressive considering it has been done during the salary cap era where dynasty's are not suppose to exist) would put Belichick on the same level as the legendary Vince Lombardi.Is it just a coincedence that Bill Parcels has not won anything (been very mediocre) since Belichick left him? Parcels has never won a Superbowl w/out Belichick. Was Belichick in fact the brains behind Parcels big mouth?In my opinion this Patriots team is better (not as showy, but better) than the Cowboy teams of the early 90's and the 80's 49ers, I'll take it one step further and say Tom Brady is better than Joe Montana,John Elway,Peyton Manning and Dan Marino. Simply put I think Brady is the best qb ever. Remember Brady does not have a Jerry Rice on his team and he is going to win a 4th Superbowl in 5 years.We have now moved into the Patriots time of the season. The time of year when Peyton Manning and the soft Indy wr's become human again. The time of year when the Pittsburg Steelers iron curtain crumbles and leaves tough guy's like Hines Ward crying (go back and look at the press from last year) in post game interviews. It's the time of year where champions are made.It's the time of year the Patriots are built for.THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS WILL THREEPEAT AND WIN THEIR 4TH SUPEBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP IN 5 YEARS.IT'S TIME YOU MUST ASK, IS THIS THE GREATEST TEAM EVER?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it's the greatest team ever. Everything that is remotely exciting is the best ever and not because you are a naive tool, but because it happened during your lifetime.In other News Belichick > GodVince Young > Joe Montana and Johney Unitus combined.George "Dubya" Bush > LincolnPatriots > Sliced bread.

The New England Patriots set a record tonight with their 10th consecutive playoff victory. The Pat's dominated a very good Jacksonville team tonight and seem ready to roll in the coming weeks to a threepeat and Lombardi trophy number 4 in 5 years.

The time has come to ask are these Patriots the greatest team ever?

The Patriots are simply mentally tougher than any other team. They just methodically wear teams down. The Patriots find your weakness and exploit it like no other team in the history of the NFL has ever done. Simply put these Patriots are the smartest team ever. Tom Brady conducts surgery on opposing defenses. He will pick you apart with seemingly 25 different weapons. Who is going to beat you today? Dillon,Watson,Givens,Faulk,Branch? You get my point . They are so balanced it's scary

On defense Bill Belichick makes mega stars like Peyton Manning look like they are not good enough to play on the VJ team at their local high school. Remember last year when the Colts (One of the greatest offensive teams ever) couldn't put up more than 3 points in the playoffs vs New England? And that was with wr Troy Brown playing cornerback. If the team was 100% healthy Indy would not have scored. What about when Belichick game planned one of the greatest game plans in NFL history vs the greatest show on turf the STL Rams (remember them?) with a team that didn't have half the talent that the current team has. STL has NEVER been the same since Belichick gave the rest of the NFL the blueprint to shut down that offense.

A 4th superbowl title in four years (which is even more impressive considering it has been done during the salary cap era where dynasty's are not suppose to exist) would put Belichick on the same level as the legendary Vince Lombardi.

Is it just a coincedence that Bill Parcels has not won anything (been very mediocre) since Belichick left him? Parcels has never won a Superbowl w/out Belichick. Was Belichick in fact the brains behind Parcels big mouth?

In my opinion this Patriots team is better (not as showy, but better) than the Cowboy teams of the early 90's and the 80's 49ers, I'll take it one step further and say Tom Brady is better than Joe Montana,John Elway,Peyton Manning and Dan Marino. Simply put I think Brady is the best qb ever. Remember Brady does not have a Jerry Rice on his team and he is going to win a 4th Superbowl in 5 years.

We have now moved into the Patriots time of the season. The time of year when Peyton Manning and the soft Indy wr's become human again. The time of year when the Pittsburg Steelers iron curtain crumbles and leaves tough guy's like Hines Ward crying (go back and look at the press from last year) in post game interviews. It's the time of year where champions are made.

It's the time of year the Patriots are built for.

THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS WILL THREEPEAT AND WIN THEIR 4TH SUPEBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP IN 5 YEARS.

IT'S TIME YOU MUST ASK, IS THIS THE GREATEST TEAM EVER?
This is an embarassing post. Jacksonville is not a VERY good team. They played tonight with a QB who hadnt played in 6 weeks. Leftwich was a stationary target tonight and the front 7 of the Pats is on fire right now. Jacksonville didnt have a chance.IF the Pats get by Indy and win another SB, they have to go down in history as one of if not THE greatest team in history. However, that is a big IF. I am looking forward to the Pats playing Indy and hope that it happens next week. I am SO pumped for that game. However, I would suspect that the Pats will be 7 point underdogs for that game. The Pats are not unstoppable but definitely have a punchers chance against Indy.

The New England Patriots set a record tonight with their 10th consecutive playoff victory. The Pat's dominated a very good Jacksonville team tonight and seem ready to roll in the coming weeks to a threepeat and Lombardi trophy number 4 in 5 years.

The Patriots are simply mentally tougher than any other team. They just methodically wear teams down. The Patriots find your weakness and exploit it like no other team in the history of the NFL has ever done. Simply put these Patriots are the smartest team ever. Tom Brady conducts surgery on opposing defenses. He will pick you apart with seemingly 25 different weapons. Who is going to beat you today? Dillon,Watson,Givens,Faulk,Branch? You get my point . They are so balanced it's scary

On defense Bill Belichick makes mega stars like Peyton Manning look like they are not good enough to play on the VJ team at their local high school. Remember last year when the Colts (One of the greatest offensive teams ever) couldn't put up more than 3 points in the playoffs vs New England? And that was with wr Troy Brown playing cornerback. If the team was 100% healthy Indy would not have scored. What about when Belichick game planned one of the greatest game plans in NFL history vs the greatest show on turf the STL Rams (remember them?) with a team that didn't have half the talent that the current team has. STL has NEVER been the same since Belichick gave the rest of the NFL the blueprint to shut down that offense.

A 4th superbowl title in four years (which is even more impressive considering it has been done during the salary cap era where dynasty's are not suppose to exist) would put Belichick on the same level as the legendary Vince Lombardi.

Is it just a coincedence that Bill Parcels has not won anything (been very mediocre) since Belichick left him? Parcels has never won a Superbowl w/out Belichick. Was Belichick in fact the brains behind Parcels big mouth?

In my opinion this Patriots team is better (not as showy, but better) than the Cowboy teams of the early 90's and the 80's 49ers, I'll take it one step further and say Tom Brady is better than Joe Montana,John Elway,Peyton Manning and Dan Marino. Simply put I think Brady is the best qb ever. Remember Brady does not have a Jerry Rice on his team and he is going to win a 4th Superbowl in 5 years.

We have now moved into the Patriots time of the season. The time of year when Peyton Manning and the soft Indy wr's become human again. The time of year when the Pittsburg Steelers iron curtain crumbles and leaves tough guy's like Hines Ward crying (go back and look at the press from last year) in post game interviews. It's the time of year where champions are made.

THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS WILL THREEPEAT AND WIN THEIR 4TH SUPEBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP IN 5 YEARS.

This is an embarassing post. Jacksonville is not a VERY good team. They played tonight with a QB who hadnt played in 6 weeks. Leftwich was a stationary target tonight and the front 7 of the Pats is on fire right now. Jacksonville didnt have a chance.IF the Pats get by Indy and win another SB, they have to go down in history as one of if not THE greatest team in history. However, that is a big IF. I am looking forward to the Pats playing Indy and hope that it happens next week. I am SO pumped for that game. However, I would suspect that the Pats will be 7 point underdogs for that game. The Pats are not unstoppable but definitely have a punchers chance against Indy.
Indy will be defeated fairly easily by the Patriots.

So if the Patriots win three more games it's fair to call them " one of,if not the greatest team ever" but if if they don't they got lucky with their three superbowl championships in the ;ast 4 years?"A punchers chance"? The Patriots will dismantle Indy piece by piece in much the same way they have done the last few years. When they met early in the 05 season the Patriots had half their team on the injured list.

The last thing in the world the Indy Colts want to see is Tom Brady and Bill Beilichick paying a visit. The Colts are not playing well. Plus they have the added distraction of the tragedy (my sincere best wishes go out to the Dungy family) that coach Dungy has been going through.

If the Patriots get the Colts next week (Indy has not played a meaningfull game in a month) the Patriots will destroy them. By the time the Colts get the rust off they will be behind by 20 points.

A loss to the Patriots in the dome would be a franchise shattering event for the Colts. ALL the pressure will be on Manning and the Colts. And as always they will play as if the weight of the world is on their shoulders.

From there the Patriots will defeat Denver in a tight game (assuming they don't play Denver next week) and easily defeat the NFC representative in the Superbowl. Let's face it. THe best team in the NFC is not as good as the 4th best team in the AFC. The Patriots,Colts,Broncos or Steelers will crush whatever mediocrity the NFC has to offer in the face in the Superbowl.

Patriots=Dynasty

Pats are tough to beat. 10-0 in the playoffs the last few years is unheard of. Indy better bring their 'A' game next week to beat the Pats...

Just got back from the game. Denver is a better matchup even given that they always play like garbage there. New England's secondary is still their main weakness. Jacksonville was running 10 yard outs on them at will and their offense tonight was downright pathetic. I'd rather have Plummer picking apart my secondary than Manning.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

They need to worry about Denver 1st, 'cause Pitt will get the chance to knock off the rusty Colts. Its about time the Steelers get to win an AFC title game (now that it won't be in Pitt).

Will someone promise to bring this thread back up to the top after the Colts beat the Patriots?If nobody else will, I will.

Will someone promise to bring this thread back up to the top after the Colts beat the Patriots?

If nobody else will, I will.
Tell you what... I promise to bring it up right after the Steelers beat the Pats ;)

We have now moved into the Patriots time of the season. The time of year when Peyton Manning and the soft Indy wr's become human again. The time of year when the Pittsburg Steelers iron curtain crumbles and leaves tough guy's like Hines Ward crying (go back and look at the press from last year) in post game interviews. It's  the time of year where champions are made.

I have to agree the Patriots will kick Manning ###. The problem with Indy is they have no character . They are not a playoff team , they are a fancy passing team and that doesnt get you far in the playoff.

QUOTE(Pat Patriot @ Jan 8 2006, 01:58 AM

[right)
I have to agree the Patriots will kick Manning ###. The problem with Indy is they have no character . They are not a playoff team , they are a fancy passing team and that doesnt get you far in the playoff.

Yeah, just ask Vermiel and the Rams :rolleyes:

Yes it's the greatest team ever. Everything that is remotely exciting is the best ever and not because you are a naive tool, but because it happened during your lifetime.

In other News Belichick > God

Vince Young > Joe Montana and Johney Unitus combined.

George "Dubya" Bush > Lincoln

Patriots > Sliced bread.
:lmao:

I'm guessing 19.Yes, "19" is the age of the person who posted the initial post in this thread.HAS to be, unless he's younger than that!

I'm guessing 19.

Yes, "19" is the age of the person who posted the initial post in this thread.

HAS to be, unless he's younger than that!
No way he's that old...Just because there's no way I've matured that much in just four years.

I'm guessing 15, 16.

I said before the season started that I would be disappointed if Belichick does not win at least 6 super bowls in his tenure as head coach of the Patriots. I think we are watching the greatest coach in NFL history, we are just in the middle of it so its hard to truly appreciate what he is doing. That doesn't mean one of those 6 wins will be this year. He's got plenty of time to get the rest.

I said before the season started that I would be disappointed if Belichick does not win at least 6 super bowls in his tenure as head coach of the Patriots. I think we are watching the greatest coach in NFL history, we are just in the middle of it so its hard to truly appreciate what he is doing.

That doesn't mean one of those 6 wins will be this year. He's got plenty of time to get the rest.
I agree that "Loverboy look alike" is a great coach, and that he could very well win 5 or 6 Super Bowls before his days in NE are done. However, like you said, "That doesn't mean one of those 6 wins will be this year", and if NE plays Indy, I doubt this is one of those years. The Colts are a team of destiny this year. Yes they could lose to NE, but I like their chances.

that play call + fake coverage by Asante was done perfectly. I thought he was on the WR and he moved off him real quick once he showed where he'd be(or so they thought). On ESPN, the replay is still sweet. I didn't think he played well yesterday but he sold that one play perfectly.I think this year, BB may need to pull one of those type plays every week to win the Supe. That seems a bit much to ask. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though.

As I mentioned in Chase's thread about turnover margin, the big question remains as to what really matters . . . the regular season records, stats, and history or the post-season records, stats, and history.New England looked as good as ever last night. Those that feel they are superior in the post-season will say nothing has changed.Those that feel the Colts are superior will hang their hats on better regular season numbers and thump their chests because that suits their cause.I happen to think that this year's Pats were similar to a few of the 80s Lakers teams. They didn't kill themselves in the regular season and then flicked the effort switch up a notch for the postseason.Over the last few years, the Pats clearly have raised their level of play in the post-season. In prior years, the Colts have not. We'll have to see if the Colts can bring it in the playoffs this year or if they are more of a dominant team in the regular season.

Hold on people, I think the orginal poster may be spot on. The only thing I really need to know is if mini-Belichick or hooded-Belichick will be coaching the Pats v. the Colts. Hooded-Belichick wins by 5 TDs and a FG while mini-Belichick only wins by 3 TDs.

Hold on people, I think the orginal poster may be spot on. The only thing I really need to know is if mini-Belichick or hooded-Belichick will be coaching the Pats v. the Colts. Hooded-Belichick wins by 5 TDs and a FG while mini-Belichick only wins by 3 TDs.
12 inch Bears with a full sized Ditka?

The Patriots are unreal. However, if they lose Brady, then they are a below-average team. If Flutie played last night, they would have lost. Brady is unbelievable... The best in the game.

Here we go new england vs Indy well maybe? We have to wait till the cinn vs pitt game.Lets get one thing perfectly clear to be the best you must beat the best.Indy fans that I know which is a very big number would love the chance to play new england (best team in football) anytime you have a chance to play the best team in all of football for the right to move on in the playoffs is a chance of a lifetime. New England Patriots are a great team who has beaten the colts and send them packing twice from foxboro this time it will be in Indy will that make a diffrence we may be ready to find out.Go Colts :football:

Hold on people, I think the orginal poster may be spot on.  The only thing I really need to know is if mini-Belichick or hooded-Belichick will be coaching the Pats v. the Colts.  Hooded-Belichick wins by 5 TDs and a FG while mini-Belichick only wins by 3 TDs.
12 inch Bears with a full sized Ditka?
What if Belichick is driving the team bus?

Let's face it. THe best team in the NFC is not as good as the 4th best team in the AFC.
After getting rid of all the homerism stuff in your post, I am left with this. After reading it several times, I must agree with you somewhat. If the Patriots pull off 2 upsets in the next 2 weeks, they have a chance at a 3-peat. It doesn't matter if they play the Colts or Broncos, they will be the underdogs. Personally, I hope it's the Broncos that get to smack them back to reality because I will be there to watch.

Pats are tough to beat. 10-0 in the playoffs the last few years is unheard of. Indy better bring their 'A' game next week to beat the Pats...
Actually it's never been done before.

The Patriots are unreal. However, if they lose Brady, then they are a below-average team. If Flutie played last night, they would have lost. Brady is unbelievable... The best in the game.
Flutie could not have won last night? Didn't the Jags only score 3 points last night? Flutie could not have gotten one TD?

Flutie could not have won last night? Didn't the Jags only score 3 points last night? Flutie could not have gotten one TD?
I don't that it is that simple. When the Jags failed to recover that Pats fumble and then NE scored right after that to make it 14-3, you could see the air go out of their tires. And if Flutie plays, maybe he turns the ball over a few times leading to more points for Jacksonville.

Realistically, we do not know what would have happened had Flutie played last night. Odds are NE would have still won, but, well, read my sig to find out. :P

You waited on week to early to make this post.If they beat the Colts next week, then you can get puffy chested.Until then, you're doing nothing but jinxing your beloved Pats.

You waited on week to early to make this post.

If they beat the Colts next week, then you can get puffy chested.

Until then, you're doing nothing but jinxing your beloved Pats.
You know it's bad when Grid is telling fans how to not act like a homer.

You know it's bad when Grid is telling fans how to not act like a homer.
:lmao:

I would like to see the Colts play Pittsburgh, then NE. That way they can avenge playoff losses to both. I still remember that 1995 AFC Championship game. The Colts had 3 chances to win that game. First, Lamont Warren had clear sailing for a first down to the left and only a shoe string tackle saved Pittsburgh. Second, Quentin Coryatt dropped an interception that hit him between the 5 and the 5. That would have won the game for the Colts. Third, everyone thought Aaron Bailey caught that Hail Mary pass at the end. I know I did. Also, I hate that look on Cowher's face. As far as NE, well, that's well documented already.Edited to make it clear that I don't think the Hail Mary to Bailey was a bad call, but only say that when the play happened it looked like he caught it. I think everyone in that stadium thought he caught it, but the replay clearly showed he didn't. You could hear a pin drop in that stadium at that moment. That was heartbreaking.Edited to say that Kordell Stewart's TD reception shouldn't have counted. He stepped out of bounds in the back of the endzone and came back into play to catch it. Now that was a bad no call.

Pretty confident that Cincy beats Pittsburgh, huh?My bet is that the Pats go to Denver next week.

Third, everyone thought Aaron Bailey caught that Hail Mary pass at the end. I know I did.
You and everyone must be blind then since Bailey did not catch that ball. There is no doubt about it. That was not a catch.

Third, everyone thought Aaron Bailey caught that Hail Mary pass at the end.  I know I did. 
You and everyone must be blind then since Bailey did not catch that ball. There is no doubt about it. That was not a catch.
I didn't say he caught it, I said I thought he caught it. I never said anything about it being a bad call.

Third, everyone thought Aaron Bailey caught that Hail Mary pass at the end. I know I did.
I didn't say he caught it, I said I thought he caught it. I never said anything about it being a bad call.
The fact of the matter is that the Colts are soft. They run a finesse passing game that does not hold up well against physical teams. That is why the Patriots beat them year after year.Why is everyone putting the Colts (who lose year after year to the Patriots) on a pedestal while still doubting the three time Superbowl champions?

What have the Colts ever done to deserve such respect? They put up spectacular fantasy numbers (perhaps this is why so many people consider them a great team) but have yet to win a big game.

Who do you think will feel the pressure more the Pat's or the Colts? The Patriots have nothing to lose. If they lose they say Oh well,can't win them all. If the Colts lose this could shatter the franchise. They will be the Red Sox (well until 2004) of the last 86 years.

Infact it took the Red Sox 86 years to overcome the curse of the Bambino. A loss to the Patriots in 2006 would start the Colts on the same path as the Red Sox of the 20th century. The curse of Bill Belichick will haunt them for years to come.

The now healthy Patriots will not lose to the Colts.

The fact of the matter is that the Colts are soft. They run a finesse passing game that does not hold up well against physical teams.
That is not true. In might have been in the past, but it is not anymore. Did you see them beat the Steelers a few months back on Monday night? They outhit and were more physical than the Steelers, who are known for being one of the more physical teams in the NFL.

Third, everyone thought Aaron Bailey caught that Hail Mary pass at the end.  I know I did. 
Why is everyone putting the Colts (who lose year after year to the Patriots) on a pedestal while still doubting the three time Superbowl champions?
Please quit this crap. PLENTY of FBGs would pick the Pats over the Colts if they play next week. PLENTY.

Users who are viewing this thread