What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which SB matchup would you most look forward to? (1 Viewer)

Which SB matchup would you most look forward to?

• Indianapolis vs. Seattle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indianapolis vs. Chicago

• Indianapolis vs. Carolina

• Indianapolis vs. Washington

• Denver vs. Seattle

• Denver vs. Chicago

• Denver vs. Carolina

• Denver vs. Washington

• New England vs. Seattle

• New England vs. Chicago

• New England vs. Carolina

• New England vs. Washington

• Pittsburgh vs. Seattle

• Pittsburgh vs. Chicago

• Pittsburgh vs. Carolina

• Pittsburgh vs. Washington

• Total voters

Dolfan

Footballguy
Couldn't cover all possibilities, but I think these are the most likely at this point...Which game would you look most forward to watching for whatever reasons???

I voted Pittsburgh-Chicago. Pittsburgh's my favorite AFC team remaining (although I do feel like Colts fans "deserve" to make the SB this year), and I like what Love Smith's done in Chicago.Two classic NFL franchises playing a smashmouth Super Bowl just screams corporate suits to me. ;)

I voted Pittsburgh-Chicago. Pittsburgh's my favorite AFC team remaining (although I do feel like Colts fans "deserve" to make the SB this year), and I like what Love Smith's done in Chicago.

Two classic NFL franchises playing a smashmouth Super Bowl just screams corporate suits to me. ;)
Agree. I voted the same. I just feel like that would be a great matchup given the rich history of both- they're easily the most storied franchises remaining (although Washington might have something to say about that)

I would love a rematch of the Super Bowl two years ago. The Panthers and Patriots had one of the more entertaining Super Bowls in recent memory. Both teams have great coaches and would make for a pretty exciting game.

Pittsburgh and anyone else. I voted Pittsburgh vs Carolina. That's the game I'd like to see, but since I'm in Skins land and my sister and her husband are big Skins fans, I'd like nothing more than to see the Steelers kick the crap out of the Skins in the Super Bowl.

I voted Indianapolis and Chicago.Love to see the best offense in the league go up against the best defense in the league -- see who wins...Also would be interesting to see how Rex Grossman does in a SB.. Chicago insiders apparantly think he is something special -- he could surprise some of you and play a good game.

I voted Indianapolis and Chicago.

Love to see the best offense in the league go up against the best defense in the league -- see who wins...

Also would be interesting to see how Rex Grossman does in a SB..  Chicago insiders apparantly think he is something special -- he could surprise some of you and play a good game.
I think Indy would run them in this game. The Bears scored 260 points this season. You need an offense to win the SB.The Bears ranked 26th in point scored; the 2000 Ravens ranked 14th in point scored, the 1990 Giants ranked 15th and the 2002 Bucs ranked 18th.

That Bucs team (which had the worst offense) still scored 1.77 as many points as they allowed. This Bears team has scored only 1.29 as many points as they allowed. The Bears had scored 1.49 as many points as they allowed before the last week vs. Minnesota.

For what it's worth, the Patriots rank 17th in points allowed. I don't believe a team ever won a SB while ranking in the bottom half of the NFL in points allowed (and it definitely hasn't happened in at least 25 years).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see any of the following:(chicago homer)Chicago vs Indy (best defense vs best offense) (I voted for this one)Chicago vs Pitt (2 of the best defenses toughing it out against one another)Carolina vs NE (rematch from 2 yrs ago - this time Carolina better win)Seattle vs Indy (top team from each conference)

Would like to say Chicago/Indy, but I think the Bears vaunted defense has been picking on the worst division in football all season and the offense is maybe on par with some of the better high schools in Chicagoland. This might be one of those SB blowouts when the Bears get completely exposed. No thanks.Rather have Seattle with an offense that has a chance of putting up points.

Wow... no one wants to see the Broncos in the Super Bowl.
Well, they have been in 5 Super Bowls and only 1 was competitive.EDIT: forgot about XII... so make that 6 and only 1 was competitive

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see any of the following:

(chicago homer)

Chicago vs Indy (best defense vs best offense) (I voted for this one)
You'll see the best offense vs. the best defense in the NFC Championship game.

I voted Pittsburgh-Chicago. Pittsburgh's my favorite AFC team remaining (although I do feel like Colts fans "deserve" to make the SB this year), and I like what Love Smith's done in Chicago.

Two classic NFL franchises playing a smashmouth Super Bowl just screams corporate suits to me. ;)
my vote too for the same reasons

New England / Chicago, rematch of SuperBowl XX.
:thumbup: Imagine the hype machine going full out on this one...What better way for the 20th anniversary of the last Bears Superbowl appearance than a rematch of the same two teams..

Couldn't cover all possibilities, but I think these are the most likely at this point...

Which game would you look most forward to watching for whatever reasons???
Isnt that all the possibilities?

Here's the ironic thing about Indy -- they rank 2nd in both Points Scored and Points Allowed. Most people think of them as a great offense, but statistically it's pretty even. Seattle ranks 1st in PS and Chicago ranks 1st in PA. So there's a very good chance the SB will be No. 1 vs. No. 2, and Indy will be number two, regardless of whether it's the top two offenses or the top two defenses.

I voted NE vs. Seattle. I think I'd actually like the matchup of Indy vs. Seattle better, but NE vs Seattle would mean that NE rolled into Indy and sniped Peyton again, which for some reason just makes me giddy. :D I'm a Pacific Northwest guy, so I'm definitely rooting for Seattle to hit the bigtime. :thumbup:

As a Bears fan, I see no scenario of them beating Carolina. I think the Panthers are a lock and hope I'm wrong.Car(+3) over Chi Wash(+9) over Seattle - Defense wins this gameCar vs Wash- ???????Denver over NE- Denver should be favored by more than 3 hereIndy over PittDenver over Indy-upsetDenver over the NFC is the way I see the playoffs/S.Bowl

As a Bears fan, I see no scenario of them beating Carolina. I think the Panthers are a lock and hope I'm wrong.

Car(+3) over Chi

Wash(+9) over Seattle - Defense wins this game

Car vs Wash- ???????

Denver over NE- Denver should be favored by more than 3 here

Indy over Pitt

Denver over Indy-upset

Denver over the NFC is the way I see the playoffs/S.Bowl
You're predicting either a 5 or 6 seed to make the SB from the NFC???Has that ever happened before?

As a Bears fan, I see no scenario of them beating Carolina. I think the Panthers are a lock and hope I'm wrong.

Car(+3) over Chi

Car vs Wash- ???????

Denver over NE- Denver should be favored by more than 3 here

Indy over Pitt

Denver over Indy-upset

Denver over the NFC is the way I see the playoffs/S.Bowl
You're predicting either a 5 or 6 seed to make the SB from the NFC???Has that ever happened before?
No, but traditionally (i.e., since the WC format) the NFC has been much stronger and top-heavy than the AFC.

GB you Chase! Us Colts fans hope we get the chance!

Seattle has allowed less points this year than Washington.
Not to hijack my own thread, but you just reminded me of something I've been trying to find for a long time now and have not been able to...Does anyone publish PF and PA numbers with defensive/special teams scores taken out? For example, last week's Tampa Bay/Washington game would be scored 10-10 instead of 17-10 because Sean Taylor ran a fumble or interception in for a score. Tampa's defense really only allowed 10 points that game (this wouldn't account for the fact that Lavar Arrington's fumble recovery set up a very short field for the other Redskins' TD, but it would make the numbers more representative than straight up PF/PA)...

Not to hijack my own thread, but you just reminded me of something I've been trying to find for a long time now and have not been able to...Does anyone publish PF and PA numbers with defensive/special teams scores taken out? For example, last week's Tampa Bay/Washington game would be scored 10-10 instead of 17-10 because Sean Taylor ran a fumble or interception in for a score. Tampa's defense really only allowed 10 points that game (this wouldn't account for the fact that Lavar Arrington's fumble recovery set up a very short field for the other Redskins' TD, but it would make the numbers more representative than straight up PF/PA)...
I don't have that, but this is an interesting read.

My best friend's a huge, diehard Steelers fan so I'll always pull for them once the Jets are gone. But as I said in another thread, I've gained a lot of respect and admiration for the Colts and their fans this year. I'd be happy to see them win it all (and this coming from a guy who hated Peyton Manning with a passion for the first 5 years he was in the NFL because he turned down the Jets).

My best friend's a huge, diehard Steelers fan so I'll always pull for them once the Jets are gone. But as I said in another thread, I've gained a lot of respect and admiration for the Colts and their fans this year. I'd be happy to see them win it all (and this coming from a guy who hated Peyton Manning with a passion for the first 5 years he was in the NFL because he turned down the Jets).
Anything specifically that the Colts or their fans did that earned your respect this year?

Anything specifically that the Colts or their fans did that earned your respect this year?
I think the Colts this year have handled the 16-0 with a lot of respect. Obviously Manning and Dungy are two of the classiests persons in the NFL.The fans on this board have a strong sense of history and avoided getting caught up in the "give us our respect" shtick. It might be easy with the rest of the NFL saying how great the Colts are, but the fans on this board have never counted a win before it happenned, and always gave a good amount of respect to opposing teams (like the Jags and Patriots).

Additionally, since the world seems to be divided up into Pats fans and Colts fans, I know which group I'll side with on that. ;)

I think the Colts this year have handled the 16-0 with a lot of respect. Obviously Manning and Dungy are two of the classiests persons in the NFL.The fans on this board have a strong sense of history and avoided getting caught up in the "give us our respect" shtick. It might be easy with the rest of the NFL saying how great the Colts are, but the fans on this board have never counted a win before it happenned, and always gave a good amount of respect to opposing teams (like the Jags and Patriots).

Additionally, since the world seems to be divided up into Pats fans and Colts fans, I know which group I'll side with on that. ;)
:lmao:

I don't have that, but this is an interesting read.
That is a good read. It doesn't go into a whole lot of detail as to the specifics of how DVOA is calculated -- and it sounds a lot more complicated than what I'm asking for...I think what I'm asking for falls somewhere in between the PF/PA numbers you see everywhere and DVOA in both complexity to figure out and usefulness. Any 3rd grader can add up the PF and PA numbers for teams. What I'm asking for takes a little bit of work, but IMO would be far more useful. DVOA sounds like you need a Phd to figure out, and would maybe be better info than what I'm suggesting?

I would love a rematch of the Super Bowl two years ago. The Panthers and Patriots had one of the more entertaining Super Bowls in recent memory. Both teams have great coaches and would make for a pretty exciting game.
:thumbup: If I couldn't have the Patriots there, I'd take PIT/CAR, too. That'd be some good football. PIT/CHI isn't a bad option, either. Bettis has earned a shot to go to a Superbowl.

Users who are viewing this thread