What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Saints (1 Viewer)

Spergon Wynn

Footballguy
Saints | Superdome likely to host 2006 regular season gamesWed, 11 Jan 2006 14:56:26 -0800The Associated Press reports NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue says the New Orleans Saints will likely play all of their eight regular season games in 2006 at the Superdome. Tagliabue added that the Saints are being considered for a kickoff event before the first NFL game of the season and a New Year's Eve special tied into a game that night. The Saints are unlikely to play their preseason games in the Superdome, but team owner Tom Benson said they will likely be played somewhere in Louisiana. >>Purely a guess, but this sounds like N.O. could host the Thursday night game. Looking at the Saints home schedule (and knowing how the NFL loves ratings) I would think Philly, Washington, or Cincy.

Saints | Superdome likely to host 2006 regular season games

Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:56:26 -0800

The Associated Press reports NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue says the New Orleans Saints will likely play all of their eight regular season games in 2006 at the Superdome. Tagliabue added that the Saints are being considered for a kickoff event before the first NFL game of the season and a New Year's Eve special tied into a game that night. The Saints are unlikely to play their preseason games in the Superdome, but team owner Tom Benson said they will likely be played somewhere in Louisiana.

>>Purely a guess, but this sounds like N.O. could host the Thursday night game. Looking at the Saints home schedule (and knowing how the NFL loves ratings) I would think Philly, Washington, or Cincy.
The way the NFL has gone about handling the Saints, they will probably have them open up against the Lions on Thursday night opposit New England/ Indy. :bag:

The "new tradition" is for the Super Bowl champion to get this game....and at home.

So, I doubt it.
Nothing against the Saints, but the Saints hosting a game on that first Thursday really wouldn't be a ratings buster. If it does happen, it's the NFL throwing a bone the Saints way...and that isn't right either.

The "new tradition" is for the Super Bowl champion to get this game....and at home.

So, I doubt it.
Nothing against the Saints, but the Saints hosting a game on that first Thursday really wouldn't be a ratings buster. If it does happen, it's the NFL throwing a bone the Saints way...and that isn't right either.

Users who are viewing this thread