Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andy Dufresne

The "Build a franchise" draft. ***Official***

I had this written up for my previous pick, but will continue to use it for the rest of my offensive line picks. The rest of you who are still completing your OL may feel free to use this as well. :thumbup:

This <insert height>, <insert weight> bohemoth of an offensive lineman, singlehandedly was responsible for <insert RB teammate's> tremendous performance in <insert year>. Along with his devestating run blocking ability, his fancy footwork and superb upper body strength, allowed <insert QB> to save a lot of money on his laundry bills. Only <insert age>, he will continue to anchor the <insert team> line for many years to come.

I had this written up for my previous pick, but will continue to use it for the rest of my offensive line picks. The rest of you who are still completing your OL may feel free to use this as well. :thumbup:

This <insert height>, <insert weight> bohemoth of an offensive lineman, singlehandedly was responsible for <insert RB teammate's> tremendous performance in <insert year>. Along with his devestating run blocking ability, his fancy footwork and superb upper body strength, allowed <insert QB> to save a lot of money on his laundry bills. Only <insert age>, he will continue to anchor the <insert team> line for many years to come.

Crap. That was my guy.

Guess I'm looking at a DL instead.

19.05 Rob Petitti, RT (Dal)

18.16: Minnesota Vikings

(Andy Dufresne/Notorious T.R.E.)

Mike Anderson, RB

Westbrook + Anderson >> Bell + Anderson

I like that idea since both Bell and Anderson approached 1000 yards each. Plus, Anderson would be a decent FB in two back sets but also leave the defense guessing as to which guy is going to get the ball.

Very good pick :thumbup:

18.16: Minnesota Vikings

(Andy Dufresne/Notorious T.R.E.)

Mike Anderson, RB

Westbrook + Anderson >> Bell + Anderson

I like that idea since both Bell and Anderson approached 1000 yards each.  Plus, Anderson would be a decent FB in two back sets but also leave the defense guessing as to which guy is going to get the ball.

Very good pick :thumbup:

:thumbup: I agree!

19.06: Oakland Raiders (Tremendous Upside)

19.07: San Francisco 49ers (Sabertooth)

19.08 Buffalo Bills (Shake Zula)

19.09: Detroit Lions (-OZ-)

19.10: Arizona (JML) -

19.11: St.Louis(The Gator)-

19.12 Cleveland (Dolfan) -

19.13 Baltimore (dantheman8417) -

19.14 Philadelphia (Meat) -

19.15 Atlanta (Sammy3469) -

19.16 Miami (Dolfan) -

19.17 Minnesota (Andy Dufresne/Notorious T.R.E) -

Some commentary on my 2 picks that were made while I was in class [since nobody seemed to really notice them :( ]

18.17 Miami Dolphins - Doug Gabriel, WR (Raiders)

Gabriel joins Anquan Boldin and Drew Bennett to complete the most feared group of WRs in this league.

18.21 Cleveland Browns - Jon Kitna, QB (Bengals)

Kitna is the perfect tutor/backup for Charlie Frye. Frye has already shown the skills needed to excel at the pro level (and so far with a group of WRs inferior to the ones he'll have with the new and improved Browns -- Muhsin Muhammad, Joe Horn, and Kevin Curtis), but will only get better with Jon Kitna to talk to on the sidelines. Plus, should Frye falter or get injured, Kitna has already proven to be a more-than capable NFL starter.

TU is on the clock right?  Are we still at 30 minutes?

RU ####### serious?

We've been at 20 minutes since about day 3

Just checking. Cool off. Eat something out of your lunchbox.

am i up?

Odds are if you have to ask, it probably is.

am i up?

odds are if I saw you on the st.'s I'd kick you ### for that feminine response :thumbdown:

am i up?

odds are if I saw you on the st.'s I'd kick you ### for that feminine response :thumbdown:

Lighten up Francis, you got your own reputation during this draft. And Boooker has been taken.

am i up?

Lighten up Francis, you got your own reputation during this draft. And Boooker has been taken.

:P

Damn you! who took him?

Let me just say this.....

If you're considering someone named Taco Wallace as a possible starting WR for your franchise, you might have a problem....

19.08 Marty Booker, WR Bills

taken last round

Are we really at the point of the draft where everyone is all a-clamor for Marty Booker?

19.08 Marty Booker, WR Bills

taken last round

Are we really at the point of the draft where everyone is all a-clamor for Marty Booker?

:yes:

19.09 Detroit Lions take Corey Webster, CB, NYG

Feel very lucky to get a CB of his quality this late.

19.10: Arizona (JML) - OTC

19.11: St.Louis(The Gator)-

19.16 Miami (Dolfan) -

19.09 Detroit Lions take Corey Webster, CB, NYG

Feel very lucky to get a CB of his quality this late.

He will be starting for the Giants (in real life) next year. Good pick.

19.11 St. Louis Rams: ????? Mitchell,C

He is the C for the Panthers I forgot his first name and can't look it up right now.

19.16 Miami (Dolfan) -

19.18 Dallas (pgreenfan) -

19.19 San Diego (MelvinTScupper) -

19.20 Kansas City (Winston Smith) -

19.21 New England (Jeter23/RC94) -

19.22 Washington (RBM) -

19.23 Tampa Bay Bucs (Jmon348)-

19.24 Cincinnati Bengals (Shake Zula)-

He is the C for the Panthers I forgot his first name and can't look it up right now.

hilarious.

now the draft gets fun, kids.

pick 25.03 Lions take #66, That Fat Turd Backup Tackle (the one that went to a Big Ten school, i think Wisconsin), Texans

19.11 St. Louis Rams:  ????? Mitchell,C

pick 25.03 Lions take #66, That Fat Turd Backup Tackle (the one that went to a Big Ten school, i think Wisconsin), Texans

Perfect fit for my generic OL writeup.

19.11 St. Louis Rams:  ????? Mitchell,C

I wanted him :rant:

If you're considering someone named Taco Wallace as a possible starting WR for your franchise, you might have a problem....

I agree with the posting, but disagree with your point... There are a lot of quality WRs left. No #1s, but to think you can't establish a decent passing game out of the WR quality left is wrong. Lots of above average #2s left and a bunch of guys you could plug in as WR3 to stretch the field or make a possession grab if needed, depending on your style of play.

Jeff Mitchell

My 19th round pick is his middle name. Bastard. What? I'm a homer :banned:

I agree with the posting, but disagree with your point... There are a lot of quality WRs left. No #1s, but to think you can't establish a decent passing game out of the WR quality left is wrong. Lots of above average #2s left and a bunch of guys you could plug in as WR3 to stretch the field or make a possession grab if needed, depending on your style of play.

I had to look up your team to figure out just how much trouble you're in. Ike Bruce and Taco Wallace will make a fearsome combo. :lmao:

I had to look up your team to figure out just how much trouble you're in. Ike Bruce and Taco Wallace will make a fearsome combo. :lmao:

Seriously dude, there is still a lot of good WR talent out there. Not even talking about my team, there is just a lot of value there that I see. Guess we'll see.

19.12 Cleveland Browns - Bryan Johnson, FB (Bears)

Wanted Kreider, but Johnson is very comparable. A bulldozing type blocker of a fullback. Only one FB left who can block better, but he is about 20 years older. Johnson is still young and Shaun Alexander will not notice a drop off in Mack Strong paving the way for him or this guy...

The Baltimore Ravens select:

19.13-- Troy Vincent, S

Ravens land a player who is still one of the premier safeties in the league. Vincent doesn't turn 35 until June, so he's got a few good years left.

This 6-1", 201 lb. bohemoth of a safety, singlehandedly was responsible for Terrence McGee's tremendous performance in 2005. Along with his devestating cover ability, his fancy footwork and superb upper body strength allowed the Bills' linebacking corps to save a lot of money on their laundry bills. Only 34, he will continue to anchor the Ravens' defensive backfield for many years to come.

19.13-- Troy Vincent, S

Ravens land a player who is still one of the premier safeties in the league. Vincent doesn't turn 35 until June, so he's got a few good years left.

This 6-1", 201 lb. bohemoth of a safety, singlehandedly was responsible for Terrence McGee's tremendous performance in 2005. Along with his devestating cover ability, his fancy footwork and superb upper body strength allowed the Bills' linebacking corps to save a lot of money on their laundry bills. Only 34, he will continue to anchor the Ravens' defensive backfield for many years to come.

I say he is retired within 3 years.... that is many years to come?

Just saw the Pro Bowl skills competition and Larry Allen = AMAZING. 43 reps @ 225 :eek: , and for 40 of them it looked like he was lifting only the bar. He dhould have been the first guard taken just because of that.

Just saw the Pro Bowl skills competition and Larry Allen = AMAZING. 43 reps @ 225 :eek: , and for 40 of them it looked like he was lifting only the bar. He dhould have been the first guard taken just because of that.

That is a lot of reps. I am surprised he is still that strong.

19.13-- Troy Vincent, S

:whoosh:

He missed the world record in the bench press by 7 pounds in training camp last summer. He is the strongest man in the history of the NFL. He is possibly the strongest man in the world right now. He should not be drafted before at least 6 guards.

19.13-- Troy Vincent, S

Ravens land a player who is still one of the premier safeties in the league.  Vincent doesn't turn 35 until June, so he's got a few good years left. 

:whoosh:

damn