What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Latin America only. Good for them. Next year will be a big year for them here in the States (assuming there are no more announcements this year).
Why will next year be a big year?
Isn't '16 their Rock Hall year? I guess they'd have to be first ballot...

Maybe PJ25 somewhere.
yeah. I'm pretty sure I'll do whatever I can to be at the induction. One would assume that they will have shows planned around it as well.
Hmm, didn't realize any of that. I guess I know how I will answer the 2016 "What are you going to do with your tax return" thread.

Bull Dozier said:
Tiger Fan said:
Bobcat10 said:
Bull Dozier said:
Bobcat10 said:
Latin America only. Good for them. Next year will be a big year for them here in the States (assuming there are no more announcements this year).
Isn't '16 their Rock Hall year? I guess they'd have to be first ballot...Maybe PJ25 somewhere.
yeah. I'm pretty sure I'll do whatever I can to be at the induction. One would assume that they will have shows planned around it as well.
Hmm, didn't realize any of that. I guess I know how I will answer the 2016 "What are you going to do with your tax return" thread.
Pure speculation on my part, no idea how HOF tickets work or anything

Bull Dozier said:
Tiger Fan said:
Bobcat10 said:
Bull Dozier said:
Bobcat10 said:
Isn't '16 their Rock Hall year? I guess they'd have to be first ballot...

Maybe PJ25 somewhere.
This year the induction is in Cleveland. So bummed about that...would have been epic to have it here next year. I think we get it locally at the Hall every 4 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you haven't seen...Monday - Vedder is final musical guest on Letterman.

What do you think he plays? Man of the Hour?

Present Tense would be a ####### awesome send off.

(also, the BEST song they ever play live, when the entire crowd gets in to the singing)

"All Those Yesterdays"

Don't you think you ought to rest?

Don't you think you ought to lay your head down?

Don't you think you want to sleep?

Don't you think you ought to lay your head down tonight?

Don't you think you've done enough?

Oh, don't you think you've got enough, well maybe.

You don't think there's time to stop

There's time enough for you to lay your head down, tonight, tonight

Let it wash away

All those yesterdays

What are you running from?

Taking pills to get along

Creating walls to call your own

So no one catches you drifting off and

Doing all the things that we all do

Let them wash away

All those yesterdays

All those yesterdays

All those paper plates

You've got time, you've got time to escape

There's still time, it's no crime to escape

It's no crime to escape, it's no crime to escape

There's still time, so escape

It's no crime, crime.

All those yesterdays

Seems like an odd song to choose

This is a song about abuse, but hey, it says betterman in it so lets go with it

Also, I remember that Ed said in the Storyteller's episode where the meaning of "Alive" had changed over time for him b/c of things he's read from fans along the way. Perhaps there's something similar here. But I see what you mean.

Also, I saw on FB that gremmie.net posted the whole Ed + Townshend show from last week

PJ Twitter feed posted a teaser. The tenclub forms consensus is their appearance at a NYC festival, or a one off NYC show. Distant second option seems to be a Eddie solo tour, but that appears unlikely (but is definitely what I am hoping for).

Damn it. I just checked and apparently my auto renew never did and I am no longer a member. Eff me
:shock: :(

Call them and sometimes they will grace period you to keep your seniority....
Doesn't work if you have a 4-digit member number from the pre-internet era and contact them years later to tell them you want your old number back. :rant:
:goodposting:

As someone who "joined" (read: wrote them asking for some swag) early enough to get the Let Me Sleep vinyl (now signed by ed) and guitar picks and such.... I do regret saying "screw you guys" when they opted to start charging for 10club.... :cry:

VIP is the only way to see something like this IMO. I have not seen pricing yet but will take a whack at it tomorrow.
Sent an e-mail to the Global Citizen Festival folks and response is the VIPs range from $150/$175 a head. Seems very reasonable with what is included.

Just afraid of the "Greatest Hits" set, but, as only show of the year, may have to take what I can get...:spoiled:

Damn it. I just checked and apparently my auto renew never did and I am no longer a member. Eff me
:shock: :(

Call them and sometimes they will grace period you to keep your seniority....
Doesn't work if you have a 4-digit member number from the pre-internet era and contact them years later to tell them you want your old number back. :rant:
:goodposting:

As someone who "joined" (read: wrote them asking for some swag) early enough to get the Let Me Sleep vinyl (now signed by ed) and guitar picks and such.... I do regret saying "screw you guys" when they opted to start charging for 10club.... :cry:
How early was that? I remember opening up the liner notes for Ten and seeing the option of sending $15, or whatever it was back then, in to become a member of the fan club. I wasn't the first person to own Ten, but I did have it in '91.

VIP is the only way to see something like this IMO. I have not seen pricing yet but will take a whack at it tomorrow.
Sent an e-mail to the Global Citizen Festival folks and response is the VIPs range from $150/$175 a head. Seems very reasonable with what is included.

Just afraid of the "Greatest Hits" set, but, as only show of the year, may have to take what I can get...:spoiled:
What would "VIP" be? Fenced off area close to stage?

If I was near NYC this would be cool. No interest in traveling to this though (I couldn't anyways). This turned out to be a great year for me to not have to worry about PJ.

i remember saying "I'm not paying $5 to join a fan club" in '91.

I joined in '93ish and am # 133xxx
Yep. Nice to see I'm not the only idiot.... except I'm a bigger idiot and waited even longer before jumping back in so I'm like 430XXX:

04/20/2010 Pearl Jam ANALOG TENCLUB MEMBERSHIP $40 per Year $40.00

04/20/2009 Legacy Pearl Jam Membership (Start: 2009-04-20 End: 2010-04-20) $0.00

08/27/2001 Legacy Pearl Jam Membership (Start: 2001-08-27 End: 2007-04-29) $0.00

Apparently I was in for free as a legacy member from Aug 2001 till April 29, 2007, then took 2 years off because they started charging me and I'm a ####### moron. :hot:

What would "VIP" be? Fenced off area close to stage?

If I was near NYC this would be cool. No interest in traveling to this though (I couldn't anyways). This turned out to be a great year for me to not have to worry about PJ.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004EE38AD02D31

Only VIP 2 and 3 available via Ten Club

Users who are viewing this thread