What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Any recommendations for shows to download? Have 5 10C codes to use and have to admit I have not been keeping up on setlsts. Guessing the full No Code and Yield shows would be two. Any other recommendations?
Hartford 2010 (epic Porch), Charlottesville '13 (best show I've ever seen), Mexico City '15 (Comfortably Numb)

Any recommendations for shows to download? Have 5 10C codes to use and have to admit I have not been keeping up on setlsts. Guessing the full No Code and Yield shows would be two. Any other recommendations?
I'd do No Code, but not Yield. Pensacola 2012 was an awesome one. I never listened to the bootleg, but I assume Detroit last year sounds as good on there as it did in person.
Able to unpack this a bit? Poor versions of material? Poor sound?

I'd do No Code, but not Yield. Pensacola 2012 was an awesome one. I never listened to the bootleg, but I assume Detroit last year sounds as good on there as it did in person.
Able to unpack this a bit? Poor versions of material? Poor sound?
For me, timing. No Code came straight out of left field. It was the day after Detroit, arguably their best show on the tour, then they one-upped it the next day. The surprise was part of the appeal. When they did Yield it was more of a 'they have already done this and should have left it with that' feel.

Per their twitter Q&A with Jeff and Kelly Curtis yesterday, they'll be touring extensively in 2016....will announce the first part after the new year...and their working on something special for the 25th anniversary

Here's a link to the entire chat - https://twitter.com/hashtag/PJLiveChat?src=hash

Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis and the band’s bassist Jeff Ament held a live Twitter chat today and revealed that Pearl Jam will be announcing 2016 tour dates early next year.

Curtis said, “We will announce tour dates first part of the year.” When a fan asked if the band could play in Canada next year, he responded: “Of course.”

Additionally, he said the band has something planned to mark their 25th anniversary, but couldn’t share any specifics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per their twitter Q&A with Jeff and Kelly Curtis yesterday, they'll be touring extensively in 2016....will announce the first part after the new year...and their working on something special for the 25th anniversary

Here's a link to the entire chat - https://twitter.com/hashtag/PJLiveChat?src=hash

Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis and the band’s bassist Jeff Ament held a live Twitter chat today and revealed that Pearl Jam will be announcing 2016 tour dates early next year.

Curtis said, “We will announce tour dates first part of the year.” When a fan asked if the band could play in Canada next year, he responded: “Of course.”

Additionally, he said the band has something planned to mark their 25th anniversary, but couldn’t share any specifics.
That is so awesome. This band continues to kick so much ### after all these years.

Rumors seem to be they are headlining Bonnaroo 2016. This would jeopardize any rumored April/May location within the Bonnaroo radius, including the Nashville show.

If the NYC dates hold true, I'll likely be in Rutherford, NJ for work that week. Hello, MSG.

All of my super intel points to Pearl Jam being at Jazz Fest this year
And I was just about ready to book flights for FQ Fest. Now, I guess I'll wait a bit first. I really want a non-festival PJ show though.
this is the rumoured lineup. All signs point to PJ first weekend

Stevie Wonder, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Neil Young, Snoop Dog, Paul Simon, Van Morrison, My Morning Jacket, Gary Clark Jr., Johny Lang, Buddy Guy, Mavis Staples, Dr. John, Govt Mule, Arlo Gunthrie, Boz Scaggs, Tedeschi Trucks, Snarky Puppy, BB King Tribute, and Allen Tousaint Tribute, Elvis Castello, Bonnie Raitt, Julio Iglesias, Herbie Hancok & Wayne Shorter, Michael McDonald, Maxwell, Lauryn Hill, Galactic, Janelle Monae, Preservation Hall, Kermit Ruffins, The Isley Brothers, Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly, Chris Botti, Grace Potter, Brandi Carlile, Buffy Sainte Marie, Aaron Neville, Arturo Sandoval, Ellis Marsalis, Irma Thomas, CeCe Winans, Taj Mahal, Terence Blanchard, Gregory Porter, The Lone Bellow, Punch Brothers, Elvin Bishop, John Hammond, Alpha Blondy, Rhiannon Giddens, Elle King, Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk with Art Neville, Rebirth, Jonathan Batiste, Big Freedia, Mystikal, Nick Jonas, J Cole, Flo Rida, Donald Harrison Jr, The Mississippi Mass Choir, Ricky Dillard & New G, Nathan & the Zydeco Cha-Chas, Dwayne Dopsie & the Zydeco Hellraisers, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, The Revivalists, Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats

Is it Arlo Gunthrie or Arlo Guthrie.

Could be some really upset Guthrie fans if they misread that. Since they all need glasses to read and see things now

I did love that mr customs man song though

Could be some really upset Guthrie fans if they misread that. Since they all need glasses to read and see things now

Also Elvis Castello. I like to think it's an impersonator with broken arms.

Arlo Gunthrie sings 17 minute long 2nd amendment related protest tunes

What's the story with this thing, NO residents.. easy/cheap enough to get a hotel for a week?

Also Elvis Castello. I like to think it's an impersonator with broken arms.

Arlo Gunthrie sings 17 minute long 2nd amendment related protest tunes

What's the story with this thing, NO residents.. easy/cheap enough to get a hotel for a week?
Easy, yes. Cheap - depends. Best to book now before the lineup gets released IMO provided you get 100% cancellation recovered.

So Jazzfest -- cramped, long lines for food/beer/port-o-potties? That's become the usual experience at our Music Midtown, and I doubt I'll go there again unless it's something epic like the Stones.

My one PJ festival experience was a letdown compared to their actual concerts alone, but that's a hell of a lineup if accurate. :thinking:
Been to 20+ PJ shows. Worst one was Jazz Fest 2010. One of the best was Voodoo Fest 2014. Both in NOLA. :shrug:
Concur... that was not a great show at all. Enjoyed the atmosphere as my first Jazz Fest... but they didn't sound good
McCready:

"In the meantime, he's keeping his day job in Pearl Jam, who just launched an American tour at the New Orleans Jazz Festival. "Our first show in New Orleans was a little shaky," he says. "We could have probably rehearsed a little more. The crowd seemed to love it though. I'm probably overanalyzing it. The second show in Kansas City was fantastic. Jeff Ament and I have been wanting to come back to the Midwest for a while because we've been neglecting it."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/pearl-jams-mike-mccready-branches-out-for-eerie-fringe-score-20100505#ixzz3xAxhAVr6

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook"

So Jazzfest -- cramped, long lines for food/beer/port-o-potties? That's become the usual experience at our Music Midtown, and I doubt I'll go there again unless it's something epic like the Stones.
No, not at all. It's actually a great experience. One day last year there was a "perfect storm" situation. It had stormed all day Friday, so people stayed away. On Saturady, Elton John and Ed Sheeran were playing at the exact same time so it was literally jam packed (throw in all of the people who came Satuday to make up for Friday) and lots of mud.

That was the exception though and not the rule. There are plenty of port-o-potties and they have the beer lines down to a science. There are so many food options (with high quality food at good prices) it's ridiculous.

I highly recommend to any music fan. I'm a local and will typically go most days...it's that good

Jazz fest is the best music festival I've been to.

FYI just got a phone call last night from a buddy who lives down there and he was being super coy about something "hey man, I am sworn to secrecy.... But I just wanted to let you know you should plan on being at jazzfest this year. Someone you love may or may not be playing"

I laughed "pearl jam is playing"

"How did you know??!!! I didn't tell you!"

Sooooo apparently this is a done deal.

No, not at all. It's actually a great experience. One day last year there was a "perfect storm" situation. It had stormed all day Friday, so people stayed away. On Saturady, Elton John and Ed Sheeran were playing at the exact same time so it was literally jam packed (throw in all of the people who came Satuday to make up for Friday) and lots of mud.

That was the exception though and not the rule. There are plenty of port-o-potties and they have the beer lines down to a science. There are so many food options (with high quality food at good prices) it's ridiculous.

I highly recommend to any music fan. I'm a local and will typically go most days...it's that good
Was up front for Elton John after the Jerry Lee Lewis set - decided to stay for the start and then head over to Jazz Tent to see Terrence Blanchard. Effin scary how crowded it was to get out of there.

The mud is not fun - but on great weather days it's a fantastic time. The amount of music you see is incredible. Food is first rate. And if you know the secrets about the bathrooms it's not bad at all.

Night shows are the bomb.

Talked to another friend in the industry and she said she heard 3 dates "in your area" (in range of memphis)... and said heavily rumored Bonnaroo was a no go for one reason or another. She's trying to confirm.

These were the rumored dates - from what I hear, jazz fest will replace the Lexington date and will either be April 23 or 24

4/8 Ft Lauderdale

4/9 Miami

4/11 Tampa

4/13 Jacksonville

4/15 Atlanta (a second person also confirmed)

4/16 Nashville

4/18 Columbia SC

4/20 Charlotte

4/21 Raleigh

4/23 Lexington

4/26 Pittsburgh

4/28&29 Philly

5/1&2 NYC

5/5 Buffalo

5/6 Albany or Hartford

5/8 Quebec

5/10 Ottawa

5/11 Montreal

5/13&14 Toronto

So I signed up for Tenclub. Do I need to do anything else to get preaale access?

So I signed up for Tenclub. Do I need to do anything else to get preaale access?
you have to wait until they announce the tour. Then put in for which shows you want. Chances are you wont get any. I didnt for five years.Eta: you got a membership to the fanclub right, not just sign up for the message boards

you have to wait until they announce the tour. Then put in for which shows you want. Chances are you wont get any. I didnt for five years.Eta: you got a membership to the fanclub right, not just sign up for the message boards
I paid $20 for the digital one. Do I need Analog? I'm in no rush for tickets. Just curious.

No, digital is fine. I just wanted to make sure. Good luck. I may try for Albany or Hartford. Nyc is so tough

No, digital is fine. I just wanted to make sure. Good luck. I may try for Albany or Hartford. Nyc is so tough
My buddy has alot of seniority and always gets tickets. We were discussing a road trip where we could possibly see P.J. and Dead and Co. I think Memphis or Stl. is about as far as I want to go.

My buddy has alot of seniority and always gets tickets. We were discussing a road trip where we could possibly see P.J. and Dead and Co. I think Memphis or Stl. is about as far as I want to go.
seniority doesn't always = tickets by any means.

TU always used to say he only has one skill in life, and it's getting tickets via ten club to PJ shows

These were the rumored dates - from what I hear, jazz fest will replace the Lexington date and will either be April 23 or 24

4/8 Ft Lauderdale

4/9 Miami

4/11 Tampa

4/13 Jacksonville

4/16 Nashville

4/18 Columbia SC

4/20 Charlotte

4/21 Raleigh

4/23 Lexington

4/26 Pittsburgh

4/28&29 Philly

5/1&2 NYC

5/5 Buffalo

5/6 Albany or Hartford

5/8 Quebec

5/10 Ottawa

5/11 Montreal

5/13&14 Toronto
First of two legs I assume (hope)?

seniority doesn't always = tickets by any means.

TU always used to say he only has one skill in life, and it's getting tickets via ten club to PJ shows
:goodposting:

I've been lucky and have never been denied... and I have a crappy member number (430743) after letting my original membership lapse 20-odd years ago. :hot: ... however I've never tried for major market (philly, NY, etc) tickets... it's always been in smaller markets like Memphis, Knoxville, Nashville, Birmingham, St Louis, Charlotte, etc... markets with likely much less competition for tickets.

4/8 Ft Lauderdale

4/9 Miami

4/11 Tampa

4/13 Jacksonville

4/16 Nashville

4/18 Columbia SC

4/20 Charlotte

4/21 Raleigh

4/23 Lexington

4/26 Pittsburgh

4/28&29 Philly

5/1&2 NYC

5/5 Buffalo

5/6 Albany or Hartford

5/8 Quebec

5/10 Ottawa

5/11 Montreal

5/13&14 Toronto
First of two legs I assume (hope)?
IF those end up being the dates, there's zero.zero percent chance that's NOT leg 1 of 2... Every date is east of the Mississippi.

Users who are viewing this thread