What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Soulfly3 said:
Anyone who decides to hit the TO show, hit me up. We can catch a few beers and slam a strip club or two afterwards
put my bid in for TO, so we'll see on Monday if I'm coming.

Bobcat10 said:
Just noticed this:

*Members can enter for New York and Philly shows, but can only possibly be drawn for one of the two shows in each city. We have a lot of members in those cities and we want to spread the love. For example, you can enter for both ticket options GA and Reserved for both Philly shows resulting in 4 total entries, but you can only possibly be drawn for 1 of those 4 entries.
That sort of messes things up if you want to go to both shows in Philly or NYC.
One year I did both MSG shows, first night nosebleeds through Ticketmaster, second night 10C seats about 10 rows up right next to the stage. That was the night Ace Frehley came out and they played Black Diamond. Pretty huge difference...it would be an exaggeration to say it wasn't worth even bothering to attend the first night, but it's close.

How does Pearl Jam keep the prices down? They're still through Ticketmaster, no? I just dropped $225 a pop to be on the floor for Tool.
Just saw Tool last night. had 8th row on the side risers near the stage. Face was 75 but I got them free through a radio station buddy. I think floor was $100. I'm guessing SOME of it is market dependent.

You're in for a treat... they put on a phenomenal show. It was my 3rd and a buddy's 5th. We both agreed it was the best we've seen from them.
Nice! Setlist?

Face here was $85, but as soon as they went on sale through Ticketmaster they were gone. EG started a thread about it. The brokers are gouging like crazy. Anything on the floor through a broker was $175, and after they bust you for the service fees and taxes they're effing $225. It's ridiculous, but it's just money. Beats sitting at home watching Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives re-runs.
Setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2016/landers-center-southaven-ms-53f39ff9.html

Given Tool performs to a video wall, they keep setlists semi-consistent night to night. Used the previous nights list to plan beer runs, bathroom breaks. Works like a charm.
Forty Six & 2 :headbang:

Jacksonville and Raleigh each have 99% reserve percentage

I say why bother going there if you dont have enough fans that want to go

They should clearly just do another show or two in NYC

The die hard fans in those cities shouldn't be punished just because not enough of their neighbors also like Pearl Jam. I've waited 10 years for a show based on this logic while New Yorkers have probably had 25-30 opportunities to see them in that same span. Now, the math and the money make that so and I accept that, but if once a decade they decide to play for the fans they have down here, it's a bit selfish to indicate they should cancel and play more NYC appearances. This is coming from a former NY/NJ resident, as you know...

The die hard fans in those cities shouldn't be punished just because not enough of their neighbors also like Pearl Jam. I've waited 10 years for a show based on this logic while New Yorkers have probably had 25-30 opportunities to see them in that same span. Now, the math and the money make that so and I accept that, but if once a decade they decide to play for the fans they have down here, it's a bit selfish to indicate they should cancel and play more NYC appearances. This is coming from a former NY/NJ resident, as you know...
I was just riling you up GB. Obviously I dont think they should play 4 shows in NYC.

I was just riling you up GB. Obviously I dont think they should play 4 shows in NYC.
They probably SHOULD actually, I'm just glad they aren't.

So if they didn't have this Jacksonville show (forget about New York for now), you wouldn't go to any of the other Florida shows (Mia, Ft. Laud, Tampa) if not all of them? I would think many "die hard" fans would have no issue doing that. I bust a nut when I see Pitt, Det, Columbus, Cincy, etc on the docket...which rarely includes Cleveland.

My buddy and I were actually texting today about this....he said no way they ever go to Jax, Raleigh or Columbia again. I thought that was a bit of a stretch to say "never", but I can sorta see his POV.

I think there is a method to this madness that I don't have knowledge about. Do they know people from NE Ohio, for example, travel to surrounding cities at a high rate over the years? Data could help them put together a hub/spoke type layout all over the country. How big of a factor is arena availability to fit the schedule they want? Was Charlotte or Atlanta not available on the date they wanted so they went to their next tiered city in the same geographical area?

So if they didn't have this Jacksonville show (forget about New York for now), you wouldn't go to any of the other Florida shows (Mia, Ft. Laud, Tampa) if not all of them? I would think many "die hard" fans would have no issue doing that. I bust a nut when I see Pitt, Det, Columbus, Cincy, etc on the docket...which rarely includes Cleveland.

My buddy and I were actually texting today about this....he said no way they ever go to Jax, Raleigh or Columbia again. I thought that was a bit of a stretch to say "never", but I can sorta see his POV.

I think there is a method to this madness that I don't have knowledge about. Do they know people from NE Ohio, for example, travel to surrounding cities at a high rate over the years? Data could help them put together a hub/spoke type layout all over the country. How big of a factor is arena availability to fit the schedule they want? Was Charlotte or Atlanta not available on the date they wanted so they went to their next tiered city in the same geographical area?
I'm not going to the Jacksonville show. But I'm pretty sure there are more than a few "me"s in the Jacksonville area who wouldn't drive 5 hours to get to Miami, Tampa, or Georgia to see a show and this is pretty much the only chance they've got. I think they want to give everyone a chance (within reason) to see them once in a blue moon.

I don't get why they would do Columbia and Greenville instead of these. Didn't put in for 10C tickets because unsure if I'll make it.

My god the probabilities for getting 10C for the MSG shows are awful. I put my requests in it was at 99% chance, now it's at like 17%. UGH.

Edit: Funny, five minutes later I received an email that I won the 5/2 reserved seating tickets!

Last edited by a moderator:

Assuming they have all the data on hand from when everything went electronic, they would definitely be able to make some sort of assumption of the % of fans that travel based upon zip code from ten club registration and # of shows they registered for.

Also, they did sent out a survey this year and they asked things like "how far have you traveled for a show", "how far would you travel", etc.

The only thing that seems really weird is that they've basically ignored Houston (zero shows) and Atlanta (sans one festival show) since 2003. Those are 2 of the biggest cities in the country. There has to be a good concentration of fans there.

My god the probabilities for getting 10C for the MSG shows are awful. I put my requests in it was at 99% chance, now it's at like 17%. UGH.

Edit: Funny, five minutes later I received an email that I won the 5/2 reserved seating tickets!
I got the same show. Bobcat, how did you do

EG, if you go to your tickets section on web site it will let you know if you are still in it. Will say entered or lost

EG, if you go to your tickets section on web site it will let you know if you are still in it. Will say entered or lost
I guess it's still ongoing. All shows still show entered.

I got shut out. Gonna try public sale on Friday.

That will change and you will get an email either way. I got the bummer email.

Bobcat10 said:
AcerFC said:
Neo said:

you want me to hold off asking anyone

Bobcat10 said:
Evilgrin 72 said:
AcerFC said:
Neo said:

That will change and you will get an email either way. I got the bummer email.
Just got it. Floor for Lauderdale and reserved for Miami. I pulled back my Tampa request b/c initial reports were that no one wanted to schlep out there on a Monday and I didn't feel like going out there alone and trying to sell a single ticket in the parking lot.

Is there a pre-sale before they hit Ticket master? I have a buddy who wants to go to one of the S. Florida shows but doesn't have a fan club membership.

AcerFC said:

Really should have done Charlotte instead of Raleigh, like the rumors suggested. That's what they get.

Bobcat10 said:
AcerFC said:
Neo said:

you want me to hold off asking anyone
It's up to you. Looks like you got msg2. If you want to go with a friend I definitely wouldn't hold that against you. Are you only wanting to go to msg2?On Friday I'm trying for msg1 for sure. I have a buddy who I think wants to go, but he wouldn't go to msg2, he'd fly back on Monday. If I can only score a single, I'm just taking it, as msg1 is my preferred show because of work if I have to choose one. But if I'm there I can't imagine not finding my way to both.

Is there a pre-sale before they hit Ticket master? I have a buddy who wants to go to one of the S. Florida shows but doesn't have a fan club membership.
Negative on that.Edit: to clarify-- thru 10c no. I have no idea if other pre sales exist. If they did I'm sure they would be well known.

Anyone who decides to hit the TO show, hit me up. We can catch a few beers and slam a strip club or two afterwards
you get 10c tix for TO?
No, i let mine expire, completely forgot about it.

Tried for Edge presales yesterday, literally shutout even tho I was on within 1 second

Trying today for general seats, if I can squeeze out of a meeting

Post here if you strike out for NYC

I cant promise anything, but my wife said to take someone who would appreciate it more. I have a few texts out to real life friends. No commitments yet. I may have a ticket for an ifriend. But like I said, no promises right now

you get 10c tix for TO?

Tried for Edge presales yesterday, literally shutout even tho I was on within 1 second

Ya the Edge one was tough. I got my ticket through there though about 25 minutes into the presale. There weren't many/any doubles but seems like everyone I heard that got tickets through the EDGE sale was single tickets

you get 10c tix for TO?

Ya the Edge one was tough. I got my ticket through there though about 25 minutes into the presale. There weren't many/any doubles but seems like everyone I heard that got tickets through the EDGE sale was single tickets
you get 10c tix for TO?

where are your seats?

you get 10c tix for TO?

you get 10c tix for TO?

where are your seats?
Just got a single seat in section 103 way at the back. Will likely go stand with my friends though, just happy to have gotten a seat into the building. Good luck in 2 minutes.

denied floors within 5sec of ticketing opening...

got offered a sec 105, and threw it back in...

still trying to get even a single ticket. getting slapped. #### this and #### bots and #### TM

Looks like MSG is done...not even singles coming up.

Acer, we meet on the 2008 or 2009 pre-shows with TU at the bar across the street from the Garden. Will throw my hat in the ring:)

Singles weren't coming up seconds into it to me. I still have one window timing on the original request. My other 3 windows have been unsuccessful multiple time.

Although my wife pulled a single about 10 minutes ago but Ticketbastard screwed her and she lost it.

Users who are viewing this thread