What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Friday @ Fenway:Got 4 at Field Box 21 Row M Behind 1st base dugout (hard cost $105ea)
Got 2 at Loge Box 135 Row FF Behind Home (hard cost $95ea)Sunday @ Fenway:

Got 2 10Club Seats : Unknown Location (hard cost $94ea)
You seem to be a man who knows things - grabbed 4 for Friday night in "Section G7"; $75 face/$94 total. Is that the grandstand? I can choose between those and floor, one of the back sections.

Thanks!
Grandstand 7 is the upper rows of the right field seats facing toward the green monster/center field. This map should help folks figure out Fenway's crazy ### seating system. You are in the blue box on the right side with 7 in it. Another view here with PJ specific seating shows you're going to have a somewhat sharp viewing angle toward the stage, but not TOO bad.

HEre is a 3D Simulated view from your general viscinity. You WILL be under an overhang in the event of bad weather, which is nice.

[icon] said:
kneeshooter said:
[icon] said:
Friday @ Fenway:Got 4 at Field Box 21 Row M Behind 1st base dugout (hard cost $105ea)
Got 2 at Loge Box 135 Row FF Behind Home (hard cost $95ea)Sunday @ Fenway:

Got 2 10Club Seats : Unknown Location (hard cost $94ea)
You seem to be a man who knows things - grabbed 4 for Friday night in "Section G7"; $75 face/$94 total. Is that the grandstand? I can choose between those and floor, one of the back sections.

Thanks!
Grandstand 7 is the upper rows of the right field seats facing toward the green monster/center field. This map should help folks figure out Fenway's crazy ### seating system. You are in the blue box on the right side with 7 in it. Another view here with PJ specific seating shows you're going to have a somewhat sharp viewing angle toward the stage, but not TOO bad.

HEre is a 3D Simulated view from your general viscinity. You WILL be under an overhang in the event of bad weather, which is nice.
Thanks - that's a big help. Seeing that I'll probably go with the seats on the floor in back.

I hate using that Fenway site to buy seats. I never know when to "go in" to buy tickets. Went in 5 minutes early and got put in the "waiting room" and ended up with those seats. Don't know if that's the better strategy or do click right at noon.

I had 3 different browsers open (chrome/safari/firefox) and in the waiting room as soon as it opened (~15min early). Staggered them slightly so the :45 countdown clocks were spaced out.

Interestingly the first browser into the waiting room was the last to get in for seats... So it's NOT a first in first through system.

I had 3 different browsers open (chrome/safari/firefox) and in the waiting room as soon as it opened (~15min early). Staggered them slightly so the :45 countdown clocks were spaced out.

Interestingly the first browser into the waiting room was the last to get in for seats... So it's NOT a first in first through system.
one browser open

countdown hit zero at about about 10 seconds to noon.....figured it would reset and I was screwed

Heard a cheer from my browser and I was in.

:pumped:

So pumped for wrigley. Glad everyone seemed to get in to the shows they were looking for.

Did anyone come up empty for wrigley Saturday? There's a slight chance I can come up with two more. But I won't know for sure for a few weeks. Even then, it's small.

Last edited by a moderator:

one browser opencountdown hit zero at about about 10 seconds to noon.....figured it would reset and I was screwed

Heard a cheer from my browser and I was in.

:pumped:
:thumbup: That's how ya do it, enjoy!

Just saw something about 4 ticket Limit.... Hoping they don't cancel my tickets for getting 2 more on another order :hot:

Booked at Best Western Hotel Tria, Cambridge. 5mi from the park for $450 for Friday>Monday. Best price on Same hotel anywhere else ~850. Thank you Hotwire.

AirBnb is picked over and didn't want uncertainty (have had #######s cancel on me).

Looks like I'm a 7-8 min walk from Alewife on the red line. Roughly how long of a ride from there over to Kenmore on Green Line?

Looks like last train out is around 1:30 on Friday and 12:30 or so on Sunday? Guessing Uber/Cab is likely the safer play on Sunday....

Uber from Fenway to the hotel appears to be about $30 with 2.5x surge right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is known - but Telluride RIDE Festival has a pretty good lineup including PJ - http://ridefestival.com/

Should easily be the prettiest place they play on this tour

Pearl JamCage The ElephantThe Temperance MovementJerry Joseph & The JackmormonsThe SheepdogsRadio MoscowHoneyHoneyBig SomethingLittle HurricaneThe Band of HeathensTyler Bryant & The ShakedownMike Farris & The Roseland Rhythm Revue

Saw Deadpool last night and there was a preview for Neighbors 2. Seth Rogen is wearing this old school shirt in the preview

tshirt_-_pearl_jam_choices_7.jpg

10 year + 2 day anniversary of this thread.  64th longest thread in the history of the FFA.  Should be top 50 by the end of this tour :headbang:

My boys had to bring "p-word" cutouts to school this week for the letter "P".  One of them brought Pearl Jam :thumbup:   None of them brought ##### :thumbdown:

Still waiting for a "second leg" but at time passes, that seems less and less likely.

I'm considering bringing my 14 year old son to the Chicago show.  Of course, that means he needs to become a PJ fan over the next few months....

Still waiting for a "second leg" but at time passes, that seems less and less likely.

I'm considering bringing my 14 year old son to the Chicago show.  Of course, that means he needs to become a PJ fan over the next few months....
Zero chance this is the extent of their shows west of the MS river.... 

Given their past issues with NC (I was at the little white lies jesse helms / gloria stienham show) It wouldn't shock me. 
Are you talking about the 1995 "retirement shw" for Jesse Helms?  My first PJ show.

Playing some PJ for this kids tonight.   Getting fired up for Greenville & Jazz Fest.

I guess you can Periscope hop around to basically see/hear the entire show.  Most feeds are good tonight.  One dude was in the front row but it got choppy during WMA.  Been on about 5 different one's so far.  

So the wheelchair guy on stage from last nights show - my wife's cousin. Brother-in-law and several others also there. All he said was clear your calendar when I get back Tuesday - I have some stories to tell.

killer set tonight - https://www.periscope.tv/w/1MnxnOMneVYKO

who else is going to jazz fest?  I don't think I'll be able to coordinate a big spot like last time due to kids and such and not sure when i can get out there...but would try to at least meet up for a beer or something if we can swing it.

Also, for those who need recommendations for NOLA and or Jazz Fest in general, please let me know.

killer set tonight - https://www.periscope.tv/w/1MnxnOMneVYKO

who else is going to jazz fest?  I don't think I'll be able to coordinate a big spot like last time due to kids and such and not sure when i can get out there...but would try to at least meet up for a beer or something if we can swing it.

Also, for those who need recommendations for NOLA and or Jazz Fest in general, please let me know.
Wish I could join, can't make it down. Enjoy!

love the Tampa setlist.. Solid B+/A- IMO.

31 songs and 3 hours is how it's done, kids. Take notes. 

Holy crap, some wild setlists. Opening with harder stuff instead of the usual Pendulum/Release etc. and keeping that going 4-5 songs deep. And playing some new covers and digging up stuff from their catalog that had been dormant for a while. These all look like awesome shows so far. 

:hey: Wife and I will be there.  I'll PM you before then. 

Tampa tonight!  :thumbup:
There are few guarantees at a Pearl Jam show, but one is that somewhere in the encore — or the second encore, or the third — you'll probably hear Alive, one of the early hits that set them on this wild path to superstardom.

It's a ripcord that can rev any crowd's engines into overdrive, as guitarist Mike McCready's most towering solo erupts to the rafters; and Eddie Vedder, soaked from two hours of furious howling, screams at the top of his lungs: "I'M STILL ALIVE! I'M STILL ALIVE!"

Twenty-five years in, those words have never sounded truer. Days after launching a massive silver anniversary tour in South Florida, Pearl Jam roared into Tampa's Amalie Arena not as relics from the grunge era, but as an act still busy writing its legacy as a great American band.

In a nearly three-hour set packed with hits, covers, career-spanning deep cuts and bolts of actual lightning, the band showed 18,429 fans why they're becoming their generation's live answer to Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band — and why they could be for years to come.

"We got a lot of friends and family here tonight," Vedder told the crazed crowd, which, judging from signs and flags, included fans from Italy and Brazil. "Who knew we knew so many people in Tampa?"

Well, it has been eight years since Pearl Jam's last show here. But fans were eager to have them back. One even brought an old stage prop, a cow that according to Vedder used to sit on guitarist Stone Gossard's amps during the band's early years. Vedder took it from the pit and returned it to its rightful home.

The band wasted no time reminding everyone of their prowess with an electric opening five-song run — Go, Mind Your Manners, Animal, Got Some and Corduroy — that felt relentless, breathless, pummeling and punishing, and still somehow like they were only getting warmed up.

No matter your Ten Club number, you had to like the setlist the band picked Monday. There were big, familiar tracks like Daughter, embellished with a bit of Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall; and Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town, performed facing the back of the open stage as a gift for the fans in the rear view. And of course there was Better Man, one of the warmest sing-alongs in the band's catalog, which ended with Vedder demolishing a guitar at center stage.

There were also rarities, such as the muddy swamp-rocker In the Moonlight; and Hard to Imagine, a fuzzy, dreamlike Vs./Vitalogy-era track played live only a few times this decade. They covered John Lennon's Imagine in tribute to a host of military veterans in the building. And in a moment you won't see anywhere else, the band kicked off Lightning Bolt by cueing the Tampa Bay Lightning's Tesla coil in the rafters to spark tendrils of actual lightning. (Vedder loved it so much he asked to see it again during Better Man. Alas, one shot was all he got.)

Vedder doesn't go stage-diving anymore — he's more into responsible stage-sauntering, as he skipped off for a palm-slapping lap around the floor and a few bars face to face with the pit during a full-throttle Porch. But he can still execute a mean split kick from time to time, and his possessed howl on Do the Evolution still connects like the claws of a grizzly.

The band's not-so-secret weapon has long been McCready, whose clean, crisp, soaring solos are the stuff of '70s-kid dreams, harkening to masters like Rick Nielsen and Ace Frehley. He toed the edge of the stage during wondrous solos on Corduroy and Love Boat Captain; hopped down and literally bent over backwards in the pit on Even Flow; and even raced down to the pit for that epic signature solo on Alive.

While Pearl Jam is a band that shines as a whole, every member got their individual moments. For drummer Matt Cameron, it was a thundering solo on Even Flow; for bassist Jeff Ament, the buzzing, burning intro and outro to Jeremy; Gossard blazing like a buzzsaw through Do the Evolution. It's a band that just loves to rock out, as evidenced by their closing covers of the Who's Baba O'Riley and Jimi Hendrix's Little Wing, both delivered with the house lights all the way up.

Vedder told a story. He was 23, working the graveyard security shift at some fancy hotel, and couldn't resist the temptation to grab the valet's keys to a Ferrari and go joyriding.

"I was never going to own one of those cars," he said. "Even if I somehow, by some crazy dream, ended up in a band that made a lot of money, I still wouldn't buy one of those f---ing cars."

He still remembers how cool it felt. And yet.

"All these fancy cars," he said, "and nothing rode like how it is now. Standing in front of this drummer right here."

He pointed to McCready. "Ferrari."

He pointed to Ament. "Lamborghini."

Twenty-five years in, they're still firing on all cylinders, giving it all at every show. Pearl Jam is still alive, all right. And they're not letting their feet off the gas until we feel that way, too.

Users who are viewing this thread