What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Does a "ticket drop" only occur at the box office or would those tickets also show up on the app/online?  

If you have more details on what generally happens at the venue, please let me know.  For example, is there a line at the box office and people just wait there?  Then the window lady calls up the 1st person if something comes available?

Just shot this to my good buddy who knows Matt Cameron (he's blues legend bobby blue bland's son, and a professional drummer himself) : 

"Hey buddy!  So I'm gonna be at PJ Fenway 1 & 2 and just got an idea. Going up for my 40th bday to see my fave band (as you know) in my favorite venue (Boston native, lifelong Red Sox fan as you know)... And it just occurred to me that Wash would be the perfect request for Fenway, a venue that blares "dirty water" after every win. "This water, so dirty, like my mind in ways"...  I think that might be the perfect cherry on top to an epic 40th bday weekend. 

If I typed up a short request note to Matt C, any chance you could pass it along? if you'd rather not, I totally understand. Just thought I'd give it a shot!  Thanks buddy... Hope all is well."

i looked it up... In 86 performances of wash, PJ has never played it in Boston. Only in Mansfield in 08. 

Going to make a big push to make this happen. If Matt C bites on it, maybe can get a shout out from Ed.... Who knows :)  

Just shot this to my good buddy who knows Matt Cameron (he's blues legend bobby blue bland's son, and a professional drummer himself) : 

"Hey buddy!  So I'm gonna be at PJ Fenway 1 & 2 and just got an idea. Going up for my 40th bday to see my fave band (as you know) in my favorite venue (Boston native, lifelong Red Sox fan as you know)... And it just occurred to me that Wash would be the perfect request for Fenway, a venue that blares "dirty water" after every win. "This water, so dirty, like my mind in ways"...  I think that might be the perfect cherry on top to an epic 40th bday weekend. 

If I typed up a short request note to Matt C, any chance you could pass it along? if you'd rather not, I totally understand. Just thought I'd give it a shot!  Thanks buddy... Hope all is well."

The actual lyric is "This city is so filthy, like my mind in ways"...

Found a MSG1 ticket for face value.  Behind stage but at this point I'll take anything.  Maybe I can upgrade day of show.  Selling this single off would be simple.  This one I actually have the PDF for (still a little worried that my MSG2 10c ticket won't come through).  

And it just occurred to me that Wash would be the perfect request for Fenway, a venue that blares "dirty water" after every win. "This water, so dirty, like my mind in ways"...  I think that might be the perfect cherry on top to an epic 40th bday weekend. 

The actual lyric is "This city is so filthy, like my mind in ways"...
:lol:  

I'm aware... it's an idea on wordplay to tweak a lyric to fit a venue (something Ed does a lot). :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to one of the philly shows where they shut down the spectrum. Obviously I had bought tickets well in advance. Turned out that my JV soccer squad made the county championships. I told my AD I had a concert and to reschedule. He did. We played two days later. I thank the coach and tell him I had a PJ show. They were undefeated and we beat them 1-0 in OT for the championship. Their whole team acted like ####### and the coach accused me of cheating. It was bad. Parents in the stands called their AD etc. 

Anyway, I get a call from my AD that I need to come see him. He looks at me and says, I rescheduled your game for a ####### Pearl Jam concert. I laughed and said, yup. He told me to never do that again. I reminded him I told him about it in September. He wasnt amused. 

I went to one of the philly shows where they shut down the spectrum. Obviously I had bought tickets well in advance. Turned out that my JV soccer squad made the county championships. I told my AD I had a concert and to reschedule. He did. We played two days later. I thank the coach and tell him I had a PJ show. They were undefeated and we beat them 1-0 in OT for the championship. Their whole team acted like ####### and the coach accused me of cheating. It was bad. Parents in the stands called their AD etc. 

Anyway, I get a call from my AD that I need to come see him. He looks at me and says, I rescheduled your game for a ####### Pearl Jam concert. I laughed and said, yup. He told me to never do that again. I reminded him I told him about it in September. He wasnt amused. 
:lmao: :thumbup:

Lost dogs?
That would be crazy but I'm hoping for Vitalogy.

Didn't think Philly or MSG had a shot for a full album but tonight obviously has me thinking otherwise.  Binaural would be cool too...I'd get 4 songs I've never heard.  Riot Act has 4 also.  Hoping to be able to cross off the full version of WMA too.

What an amazing show last night. Eddie had me teary eyed going into Release. First time he spoke after ripping through Ten up to that point. He talked about death and healing and coping with the loss of a loved one, he dedicated it to two fans who were brothers who had lost a 3rd brother. Then they went into Breakerfall and had us wondering if all of Binaural was next on tap. Knew that was a longshot, not gonna be greedy of course. The star spangled banner at the end was just perfect. 

What an amazing show last night. Eddie had me teary eyed going into Release. First time he spoke after ripping through Ten up to that point. He talked about death and healing and coping with the loss of a loved one, he dedicated it to two fans who were brothers who had lost a 3rd brother. Then they went into Breakerfall and had us wondering if all of Binaural was next on tap. Knew that was a longshot, not gonna be greedy of course. The star spangled banner at the end was just perfect. 
Yeah just from reading that setlist you could tell it was one of "those" shows. Can't wait for the bootleg.

REALLY good audience recorded bootleg from last night in Philly. GREAT Crowd/Band balance on audio, my favorite part of crowd-boots. Something the sterile band-released soundboard boots lack sometimes. 

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/fe8df5a800ca00724875446cbea3962720160430175116/e6b4c151ee2c50bba19733ed873c507020160430175116/6d5c9f

Pearl Jam
April 29, 2016
Wells Fargo Center
Philadelphia, PA
Source: Schoeps mk41 > actives > NBox+ > Sony PCM-M10 (24/48)
Transfer: Sony PCM-M10 > USB > Audacity (resample/dither) > CD Wave > Trader's Little Helper (level 8) > tagged using Foobar2000
Taped and Transferred by T.J. Samulis

SETLIST:
01. Master/Slave
02. Once
03. Even Flow
04. Alive
05. Why Go
06. Black
07. Jeremy
08. Oceans
09. Porch
10. Garden
11. Deep
12. Release
13. Breakerfall
14. Corduroy
15. Who You Are
16. Let The Records Play
17. Spin The Black Circle
18. Do The Evolution
19. Encore Break One
20. Bee Girl
21. Just Breathe
22. All Or None
23. Comfortably Numb
24. Mind Your Manners
25. Given To Fly
26. Daughter/WMA
27. Rearviewmirror
28. Encore Break Two
29. Last Kiss
30. Better Man
31. Leash
32. Throw Your Hatred Down
33. Sonic Reducer
34. Baba O’Riley
35. Yellow Ledbetter
36. Star Spangled Banner

Flight delayed...which causes a missed connection. They put me on an 8:15pm flight, best they could apparently. Getting to the NYC area is a ##### today. Well that won't work, called my work travel booking number and got me a 12:16pm flight. These check in attendants must be clueless. Back on track!

Flight delayed...which causes a missed connection. They put me on an 8:15pm flight, best they could apparently. Getting to the NYC area is a ##### today. Well that won't work, called my work travel booking number and got me a 12:16pm flight. These check in attendants must be clueless. Back on track!
Good luck, Bobcat...lousy day to be flying in so hope it works out.  Still holding out hope for ticket drop, as I can catch a 5ish train to NYC and still get in in time for the show.

There has been a ticket drop for every show on the tour. Check Twitter post time history to see roughly when they hit. I think just after lunch but don't recall for sure 

edit: looks like they cleaned up some past tweets, but last drop was at 1:01pm ct / 

There has been a ticket drop for every show on the tour. Check Twitter post time history to see roughly when they hit. I think just after lunch but don't recall for sure 

edit: looks like they cleaned up some past tweets, but last drop was at 1:01pm ct / 
Well, taking a spin through those messages, looks like a bummer for me, as they appear to only release them at the box office.  Was hoping for the online drop. 

It is what it is, but think they really need to rethink their pre-sale policy.  Kind of a bummer to live in the market areas where everyone wants to see them, so chances of scoring tickets in their new method are slim and none.  Yes, I know, they play here more often than most places, but location (and to some degree, seniority) should have some impact rather than a completely random selection.

Well, taking a spin through those messages, looks like a bummer for me, as they appear to only release them at the box office.  Was hoping for the online drop. 

It is what it is, but think they really need to rethink their pre-sale policy.  Kind of a bummer to live in the market areas where everyone wants to see them, so chances of scoring tickets in their new method are slim and none.  Yes, I know, they play here more often than most places, but location (and to some degree, seniority) should have some impact rather than a completely random selection.
The ticket drops are on Ticketmaster and the box office simultaneously. On past tours they would happen any time between 10 and 4 on the day of the show.

For this tour, Greenville dropped around 9AM the day before the show, which was weird. I can't say when the others were. 

On past tours MSG was the hottest ticket by far, and there was no drop. In fact they had a long line of people on show nights hoping for a last-minute drop/cancellations/SRO. 

The ticket drops are on Ticketmaster and the box office simultaneously. On past tours they would happen any time between 10 and 4 on the day of the show.

For this tour, Greenville dropped around 9AM the day before the show, which was weird. I can't say when the others were. 

On past tours MSG was the hottest ticket by far, and there was no drop. In fact they had a long line of people on show nights hoping for a last-minute drop/cancellations/SRO. 
Hope you are right on the simultaneous part and wrong on the MSG part, but, frankly, it is what I expect.  Even the PJ boards are scarce when in comes to MSG tickets.  Debated heading up to one of the pre-parties, as I have always seen tickets floating around those, but don't have the time for a strikeout excursion (especially when it is a crappy day out, so minimizes enjoyment of just cruising NYC).  "What a drag it is getting old....":)

Odd... Works for me
Got it to work.  Sounds awesome! Thx for posting.

I told my wife after the Greenville show when they played Vs., the Ten show is coming, and they need to play Master/Slave when they take the stage and go directly into Once. I know that crowd completely lost their #### when they realized what was happening.

Hope you are right on the simultaneous part and wrong on the MSG part, but, frankly, it is what I expect.  Even the PJ boards are scarce when in comes to MSG tickets.  Debated heading up to one of the pre-parties, as I have always seen tickets floating around those, but don't have the time for a strikeout excursion (especially when it is a crappy day out, so minimizes enjoyment of just cruising NYC).  "What a drag it is getting old....":)
Box office drop was at 2:30 according to the 10C board. No mention if there were seats on TM simultaneously. Hope you score tix!

Box office drop was at 2:30 according to the 10C board. No mention if there were seats on TM simultaneously. Hope you score tix!
Saw the same.  Never saw anything come up on TM, so guess I'll have to listen to the boot or figure out Periscope, as I have seen TF and some others here say they have been watching the shows that way. 

Looks like a good show tonight but nothing mind blowing. Hopefully they save that for tomorrow. 

Need a ruling. I know you cant wear the t shirt of the band playing, but what about a zip up sweatshirt? Cool and rainy here tomorrow. Thinking of wearing the pj 20 sweatshirt with the wrong city. 

Looks like a good show tonight but nothing mind blowing. Hopefully they save that for tomorrow. 

Need a ruling. I know you cant wear the t shirt of the band playing, but what about a zip up sweatshirt? Cool and rainy here tomorrow. Thinking of wearing the pj 20 sweatshirt with the wrong city. 
PJ is an exception to the tshirt rule. Always see tons of them at shows.

I was in the 400s behind Stone and some chick wanted to swap tickets so her dude could sit with her. I obliged and ended up in the 200s 2nd row caddy corner to Mike. 

The sound at the Garden is pretty exceptional. Quite an amazing, yet odd, arena. That Chase balcony is real nice. I imagine watching the show from there would be pretty cool. 

They came out cranking and then played Release at about song 7. Nuts! Mostly a standard first set, very rocking. In Hiding was tremendous. PJ was into it as always, Ed loves him some Garden. The 1st encore was one of the best I've ever seen. 

Hopefully they dig a little deeper tomorrow night.

AcerFC said:
Anyone ever watch a show from a box. Outside chance I can get in one tomorrow, but not sure I want to
Saw a Metallica/Kid Rock show from a box back in 2000.  It was definitely a different experience.  I'm not one to enjoy standing in GA mashed up against other people, so I rather enjoyed it.  Plus there was a chick right in front of our box that was flashing the box for free beers, so that was interesting.

Saw a Metallica/Kid Rock show from a box back in 2000.  It was definitely a different experience.  I'm not one to enjoy standing in GA mashed up against other people, so I rather enjoyed it.  Plus there was a chick right in front of our box that was flashing the box for free beers, so that was interesting.
Thanks. I guess I will see where we are sitting when I get the tickets today. Ive been in the box. Super nice but if you are not sitting in the 12 seats they have, it will be tough for a hobbit like me to actually see anything

Effing poster sold out already. This will be my only show I dont have. Stoopid nyc. Hoping I can land one inside

Why are there people lined up in chairs and sleeping wrapped around msg. I dont feel like asking. These people look dirty and hungry

Anyway, my tickets say floor section e. Is that good or bad. 
My guess is you are on one side of the soundboard area. Those seats were like a raised bleacher behind what I'm assuming was sect A B and C on the floor. I texted my buddy last night that I wouldn't mind a raised floor seat tonight. I think they'll be good.

About to catch the train and head in now. Where are you going preshow? I was at the Italian place across from msg last night and I'm probably going there again. Low key nice place.

When I posted dig deeper last night, I tmeant into the catalog. They were def fired up to play. Ament was on fire.

My guess is you are on one side of the soundboard area. Those seats were like a raised bleacher behind what I'm assuming was sect A B and C on the floor. I texted my buddy last night that I wouldn't mind a raised floor seat tonight. I think they'll be good.

About to catch the train and head in now. Where are you going preshow? I was at the Italian place across from msg last night and I'm probably going there again. Low key nice place.
My sister and I are going to eat at brother jimmys bbq on 31st and 8th. Im wearing a camo NY Rangers hat. 

Users who are viewing this thread