What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (3 Viewers)

JZilla said:
Got another present for you guys.  This was my distraction while I was out of town last week dealing with the fallout of my dad's passing.  Took last month's four Florida shows and squished them into one fine 700mb collection.. perfect for an mp3 CD.  Nerded out on order/flow as best I could.  Real good stuff, it's anchored primarily by the Tampa show which sounds ####### electric.  Had to trim a few, about 60 MB worth.  No Even Flow, sorry you'll have to pause the music when you go take a leak.

So this one's for you EG, but don't forget to think of our gb Tremendous Upside, who always spent a good chunk of time working down there in the penis state.  The stretch of tracks 56, 57 and especially 58 make me think of Sean.

http://ul.to/hjq8x2vv

Thx Zilla...and sorry to hear about your dad.

Thought I'd lighten the mood.  I was seeing this French girl who had never seen PJ but had always wanted to.  I surprised her with plane tickets, a hotel reservation and tickets to the 8/20 Wrigley Field show a few months ago.  We broke up and I was stuck with a non-refundable plane ticket.  My best friend from high school and college is now going and paying for golf at Cog Hill the morning of the show.  I would have broken up for her for that alone.

Got another present for you guys.  This was my distraction while I was out of town last week dealing with the fallout of my dad's passing.  Took last month's four Florida shows and squished them into one fine 700mb collection.. perfect for an mp3 CD.  Nerded out on order/flow as best I could.  Real good stuff, it's anchored primarily by the Tampa show which sounds ####### electric.  Had to trim a few, about 60 MB worth.  No Even Flow, sorry you'll have to pause the music when you go take a leak.

So this one's for you EG, but don't forget to think of our gb Tremendous Upside, who always spent a good chunk of time working down there in the penis state.  The stretch of tracks 56, 57 and especially 58 make me think of Sean.

Somehow just getting to this.  Not to add to the misery, but lost a good friend of mine less than a week after being with him in Mexico.  '16 is one ##### of a year (and thinking back to TU in '15...many good times at PJ cornholes in the tri-state area).  Thanks Zilla!

-fish- said:
Thought I'd lighten the mood.  I was seeing this French girl who had never seen PJ but had always wanted to.  I surprised her with plane tickets, a hotel reservation and tickets to the 8/20 Wrigley Field show a few months ago.  We broke up and I was stuck with a non-refundable plane ticket.  My best friend from high school and college is now going and paying for golf at Cog Hill the morning of the show.  I would have broken up for her for that alone.
:banned:  

FWIW, Finally took a look at the Deep Magazine that was this year's "analog" gift from 10club.  Very cool, my favorite magazine they've done so far.  One of the bands rodies, who has been with them the entire time was finally retiring and basically shared pictures of all of his nostalgia he saved over the years.

Cool set from Telluride fest:

Walk On Music: Pendulumorphosis 7:17Band On Stage: 7:18Band Off Stage: 9:5101. Nothingman02. Pendulum(Ed greets the audience. Tells the crowd that they have time so they can ease into the show. He mentions Kurt Vonnegut noting that it doesn’t get better than this. He tells a story about touring in the old days and sharing hotel rooms and holds a sticker from a local radio station that acted as a sort of window to greener space than the bad hotels in the city they were staying in.)03. Thin Air 04. Sleeping By Myself05. Off He Goes(Ed has something passed to a kid down front. He admits to making a mistake in “Off He Goes”. He talks about the difficulty of trying to sing and play and remember lyrics in the thin atmosphere. He talks about celebrating the manager Kelly Curtis’ birthday and tells a story about some marijuana that was stronger than he had anticipated.)06. Just Breathe (Ed stops during the solo and asks for the lights to be turned down and seems to be having trouble hearing the other band guys)("Some of you may know that this next song doesn’t get played much and some of you may not.” It was written by the guy who was our drummer. Dave Abruzzese, We wish him well.)07. Angel (first time played since March 13, 1994 in Chicago)(This is the first time Pearl Jam has played this song as a band. A local requested it and minutes before they came onstage the sister of Chris McCandless [Into The Wild] called Ed. Ed thinks the Chris would have found found Telluride eventually if he hadn’t passed away and he would have certainly loved it.)08. Society-(Hannan) First Pearl Jam performance09. Low Light(Before we start the next section I would like to thank the locals for having us out here and thank the people who found this place so many years ago. Let’s make sure we clean up after our selves so they ask us back again. This is for the locals.)10. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town11. Setting Forth12. Corduroy13. Why Go14. Mind Your Manners15. Even Flow(Ed mentions that heard there was a Pearl Jam Karaoke contest in town a few days earlier. He wishes he had known figuring he could have at least come in third “on a good day”. He asks if the winners are in the audience. Two young women start to come on stage. He pleads not yet, he isn’t ready for them and is a little intimidated. He says “you thought you had to have balls to sing like this. Nope.”16. Glorified G17. Daughter/WMA (Brittany Hale and Caitlin Ketel, the Karaoke winners join Ed briefly for a chorus of Daughter.)18. Sirens(We have been thinking a lot about what has been going on lately so just because we are not talking about it doesn’t mean it isn’t on our minds….)19. Unthought Known20. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)Encore Break (Ed chats up the audience and compliments the area and the audience. He thinks the next song will explain what it feels like to be here with just a few little tweaks.)21. Santa Cruz (sung as Telluride) (Ed thanks the bands that played before them. Especially Dirty Knobs which features Mike Campbell from Tom Petty & The Heart Breakers.)22. I Won't Back Down-(Lynne, Petty) for Mike Campbell23. Smile (dedicated to David who lost his pilot brother Mikey. Their family is at the show)(this is for the same folks…)24. Given To Fly(Ed thanks the people who set up this festival and praises them. A women named Jennifer is the organizer of the festival and the band want to wish her Happy Birthday)25. Comfortably Numb-(Gilmour, Waters)26. Black(Ed compares the night sky in Hawaii with Telluride because the number of stars you can see. He introduces Boom)27. Crazy Mary-(Williams)28. Alive29. Yellow Ledbetter

Cool set from Telluride fest:

Walk On Music: Pendulumorphosis 7:17Band On Stage: 7:18Band Off Stage: 9:5101. Nothingman02. Pendulum(Ed greets the audience. Tells the crowd that they have time so they can ease into the show. He mentions Kurt Vonnegut noting that it doesn’t get better than this. He tells a story about touring in the old days and sharing hotel rooms and holds a sticker from a local radio station that acted as a sort of window to greener space than the bad hotels in the city they were staying in.)03. Thin Air 04. Sleeping By Myself05. Off He Goes(Ed has something passed to a kid down front. He admits to making a mistake in “Off He Goes”. He talks about the difficulty of trying to sing and play and remember lyrics in the thin atmosphere. He talks about celebrating the manager Kelly Curtis’ birthday and tells a story about some marijuana that was stronger than he had anticipated.)06. Just Breathe (Ed stops during the solo and asks for the lights to be turned down and seems to be having trouble hearing the other band guys)("Some of you may know that this next song doesn’t get played much and some of you may not.” It was written by the guy who was our drummer. Dave Abruzzese, We wish him well.)07. Angel (first time played since March 13, 1994 in Chicago)(This is the first time Pearl Jam has played this song as a band. A local requested it and minutes before they came onstage the sister of Chris McCandless [Into The Wild] called Ed. Ed thinks the Chris would have found found Telluride eventually if he hadn’t passed away and he would have certainly loved it.)08. Society-(Hannan) First Pearl Jam performance09. Low Light(Before we start the next section I would like to thank the locals for having us out here and thank the people who found this place so many years ago. Let’s make sure we clean up after our selves so they ask us back again. This is for the locals.)10. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town11. Setting Forth12. Corduroy13. Why Go14. Mind Your Manners15. Even Flow(Ed mentions that heard there was a Pearl Jam Karaoke contest in town a few days earlier. He wishes he had known figuring he could have at least come in third “on a good day”. He asks if the winners are in the audience. Two young women start to come on stage. He pleads not yet, he isn’t ready for them and is a little intimidated. He says “you thought you had to have balls to sing like this. Nope.”16. Glorified G17. Daughter/WMA (Brittany Hale and Caitlin Ketel, the Karaoke winners join Ed briefly for a chorus of Daughter.)18. Sirens(We have been thinking a lot about what has been going on lately so just because we are not talking about it doesn’t mean it isn’t on our minds….)19. Unthought Known20. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)Encore Break (Ed chats up the audience and compliments the area and the audience. He thinks the next song will explain what it feels like to be here with just a few little tweaks.)21. Santa Cruz (sung as Telluride) (Ed thanks the bands that played before them. Especially Dirty Knobs which features Mike Campbell from Tom Petty & The Heart Breakers.)22. I Won't Back Down-(Lynne, Petty) for Mike Campbell23. Smile (dedicated to David who lost his pilot brother Mikey. Their family is at the show)(this is for the same folks…)24. Given To Fly(Ed thanks the people who set up this festival and praises them. A women named Jennifer is the organizer of the festival and the band want to wish her Happy Birthday)25. Comfortably Numb-(Gilmour, Waters)26. Black(Ed compares the night sky in Hawaii with Telluride because the number of stars you can see. He introduces Boom)27. Crazy Mary-(Williams)28. Alive29. Yellow Ledbetter
Holy ####### ####

Wrigley getting closer and closer. My wife and I have tickets to both nights. But we're going with some friends that only could get tickets to the first night. Anyone somehow have 2 tickets for night 2 that are available?

I've got 4 for Saturday night at me

my wife wants me to sell them, secondary market is getting $800 each 

apparently she's not going with me 

Just received my Tampa bootleg.  :)

I've got 4 for Saturday night at me

my wife wants me to sell them, secondary market is getting $800 each 

apparently she's not going with me 
Fenway is kinda the same way. I've got 4 behind 1st base dugout and scalpers have them in that area around 800-900. Ridiculous. My little brother and GF who I'm giving two tickets to have both said to sell them and we'll do something else that night. Told them i'd rather enjoy PJ's first show at Fenway on my birthday weekend with them at my side. :headbang:  

May scalp my 4th to cover beer for all of us for the two shows. Will see. 

Semi related, I see Temple of the Dog has announced a tour starting in November.  Ticketmaster shows five shows, hopefully more are announced.

So kind of a fun story, at least in the essence of my marriage anyway, regarding the Temple of the Dog mention.  I was out on a date with my now wife very early on in our relationship, and of course, back in those days our dates revolved around trips to the bar.  Well, we got pretty loose, and on the ride home I had the music going on pretty good.  One of those moments where you're just kind of getting lost in it.  We get to her place and I change the song to Hunger Strike.  We pull in to a parking spot and I'm rocking out and loudly singing along and she says:

Wife:  Don't you want to go upstairs?

Me:  Do you have Temple of the Dog upstairs?

Wife:  What's a temple of the dog?

Me:  I guess that's a no.  We're staying right here until this song is over.

Wife: :rolleyes:

Now any time Hunger Strike comes on she asks me if I have a Temple of the Dog upstairs.

So kind of a fun story, at least in the essence of my marriage anyway, regarding the Temple of the Dog mention.  I was out on a date with my now wife very early on in our relationship, and of course, back in those days our dates revolved around trips to the bar.  Well, we got pretty loose, and on the ride home I had the music going on pretty good.  One of those moments where you're just kind of getting lost in it.  We get to her place and I change the song to Hunger Strike.  We pull in to a parking spot and I'm rocking out and loudly singing along and she says:

Wife:  Don't you want to go upstairs?

Me:  Do you have Temple of the Dog upstairs?

Wife:  What's a temple of the dog?

Me:  I guess that's a no.  We're staying right here until this song is over.

Wife: :rolleyes:

Now any time Hunger Strike comes on she asks me if I have a Temple of the Dog upstairs.
Desperado

Semi related, I see Temple of the Dog has announced a tour starting in November.  Ticketmaster shows five shows, hopefully more are announced.
Sounds like a short concert! I bet they will play some Mother Love Bone, along with of course some Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. Tempted to go to the show at The Forum.

Sounds like a short concert! I bet they will play some Mother Love Bone, along with of course some Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. Tempted to go to the show at The Forum.
I'm sure Ed will be there. They'll crush some great covers with him. I'd def want to go if it was in my backyard. 

Fenway is kinda the same way. I've got 4 behind 1st base dugout and scalpers have them in that area around 800-900. Ridiculous. My little brother and GF who I'm giving two tickets to have both said to sell them and we'll do something else that night. Told them i'd rather enjoy PJ's first show at Fenway on my birthday weekend with them at my side. :headbang:  

May scalp my 4th to cover beer for all of us for the two shows. Will see. 
I passed on the Fenway show.  Oops.

Spent the entire day yesterday doing stuff around the house and wanted to get back in PJ mode for Wrigley...made it all the way from Ten to halfway through Riot Act in order. :thumbup:

After all this time, the only track I skip is Stupid Mop.
That song really is so terrible :lol:

PJ MSG was near impossible odds this year and the public sale was a joke.  If you don't get lucky with those, and are persistent, you can find tickets (public and 10C) for face value on the PJ forum.  It really ramps up as the dates near.  My f5 button is pretty worn down thanks to April 2016.

Anyone get word yet?  Cannot seem to find the "Win/Lose" page on the PJ site.  Last odds I saw right before 1 EDT were 6% for Philly and 32% for MSG (did not pay attention to West Coast dates, as I did not submit for those).

ETA: Select "My TIckets" tab on Ten Club Tickets page...duh!  Scored a pair to MSG!

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting custom shirt made for fenway shows... if ya spot me say hey (matt).  Will be behind 1B dugout for Friday then who knows where (10C) Sunday.  Will be with a little korean chick (GF) and my brother friday, and just the korean chick sunday. :lol:

IF anyone is getting in merch before Friday's show and is willing to grab me an extra Friday poster, I would be forever in your debt (cash, beer, whatever). My flight doesn't land until 3pm Friday and I've got to get out to harvard to dump luggage and get back to fenway for the show... likely won't have time to get thru merch lines. :(   Willing to paypal/venmo cash on the front end if you prefer. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread