Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tiger Fan

***Official Pearl Jam Thread***

52 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

I remember looking through the liner notes for Ten with a buddy back in the day (for the cassette we had) and noticed the address to mail in for the fan club.  We joked about it, but little did I know he actually sent in the SASE and joined the club.  He liked to wave to me from the front row of the few shows we went to together with our own tickets.  I didn't join until mid 90s, but let it lapse.  :kicksrock: 

We did the same thing just before Vitalogy came out and we saw an MTV news story of how PJ mailed out to NY 10c members tickets to a show, or the chance to buy tickets.  We scored a sweet 10c number (71,xxx) but have never been in the front row.  7th row for the 10 year anniversary show in Vegas.  Although we did score front row for Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles so I think that more than makes up for no PJ front row...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bull Dozier said:

I remember looking through the liner notes for Ten with a buddy back in the day (for the cassette we had) and noticed the address to mail in for the fan club.  We joked about it, but little did I know he actually sent in the SASE and joined the club.  He liked to wave to me from the front row of the few shows we went to together with our own tickets.  I didn't join until mid 90s, but let it lapse.  :kicksrock: 

Similar story here. My lifelong friend joined 10C probably some time in the 90s. He may have gotten me to join too, because I vaguely recall getting 45s from the fan club in the mail and not having a record player to listen to them. We both let our memberships lapse and rejoined probably 5-6 years ago. 

I told my kids this story recently: I was a freshman in college when "Ten" came out. My younger brother got me into PJ. He and his friends all got tickets to PJ at Mesa Amphitheater in Arizona in May 1992. Tickets were $10. This was back when you had to go to a physical ticket window, and I didn't know about the show until it was sold out. I went down anyway to try to buy one off a scalper. These guys were asking outrageous prices. I could hear the opening band starting to play, so I said, "FINE!" and gave the scalper what he wanted and ran inside. I was pissed because I had to pay $20 for the ticket.

• Like 1

Got Quebec City email confirmation. 

Nothing on Ottawa yet. 

No details on if it's GA/Reserved

• Like 2

13 hours ago, [icon] said:

I put in for Nashville too.
If I go We should grab a beer GB. 

Loved the GA odds for Ottawa and Quebec City (like 60% and 75%). Fingers crossed for at least one. 

Also made the jump and officially put in for STL and Nash even though I'm not 100% sure I'm going given CAN shows will run ~$3k by the time it's said and done.

IF I don't go to one or both I'll have tix available via the resale market wth decent 10C number (400k). 

Wish I never let it lapse when they started charging. Guessing I was one of the first 5-7k folks (got Let me Sleep on vinyl w pics and crap when I wrote in about 10C). Woulda had front row for life :lol: 

Thumbup

Think I may have ####ed up by putting Ottowa (59%) ahead of Quebec City (68%) in an attempt to get GA for both. 

Sounds like nobody got QC GA as second choice, which means I'm only a hair better than a coinflip to get GA at all (in Ottawa) :( 

Now a 10 day wait :( 

I got the only show I requested (Oakland 4/18).   I'd be fine with either reserved or GA since I have decent seniority for a reserved seat, but the odds were good for GA.

Putting in for shows and then not getting details for what you "won" until days after they go on sale to the public is dumb. Pretty sure Im going to try buy tickets in the fan verified sale too and then keep the better of the two sets, assuming I'm selected.

• Like 1

Got both LA shows and both Oakland shows.  Waiting for SD still.  Night 1 of LA/SD i put in for seats and i think BA for night 2.  If i get a GA selection I'll camp out and get a spot early in line while the wife is in the hotel. 

Best of luck to those who still are waiting for lottery pulls...

Im too short for GA so I always go reserved. Havent heard anything. 

MSG and Baltimore today. The PJ website forums offer some comic relief if you have never been. I get being disappointed to not get tickets, but some people take this way too seriously.

I only did GA for Nashville.  Reading a few things on the forums, looks like I should've selected Best Available instead for better odds.  I havent' heard anything yet, but hoping the fan to fan transfer thing comes through if I dont' get them.

1 hour ago, Tiger Fan said:

I only did GA for Nashville.  Reading a few things on the forums, looks like I should've selected Best Available instead for better odds.  I havent' heard anything yet, but hoping the fan to fan transfer thing comes through if I dont' get them.

Yeah GA has been pretty brutal I think. Gllll peas. 

18 hours ago, cap'n grunge said:

Putting in for shows and then not getting details for what you "won" until days after they go on sale to the public is dumb. Pretty sure Im going to try buy tickets in the fan verified sale too and then keep the better of the two sets, assuming I'm selected.

This is really happening?  Never been like that in the past.

46 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

This is really happening?  Never been like that in the past.

Seat locations for 10C were typically not released until day of show for a long time. 

Notifications of In/Out go out now. Then starting the 27th your ticket locations will be set and visible (and will find out if GA/Reserved). 

I have a theory that folks getting earlier emails are getting GA, then the later waves might be for those getting Reserved. 

My email times were (all Best Available)
#1) Ottawa 6:18ET (early, potentially GA? Confirmed same-ish time as someone who went GA-only and scored) 
#2) Quebec 4:50ET

#1) St Louis 10:58ET (very early, potentially GA?)
#2) Nashville 1:11ET

Edited by [icon]

8 hours ago, [icon] said:

Yeah GA has been pretty brutal I think. Gllll peas. 

Got lucky. Not sure if it was luck or not, but got my GA for Nashville. Looking forward to that beer GB. 

Same here for both MSG and Baltimore. Since they went to new system,  have only won for Temple of the Dog. Sucks that neither seniority or proximity to the shows makes a difference anymore. 

Congrats to those who scored!

46 minutes ago, Tiger Fan said:

Got lucky. Not sure if it was luck or not, but got my GA for Nashville. Looking forward to that beer GB. 

Hell yeah! Congrats man! What was your email time stamp (CT I presume)?

2 hours ago, AcerFC said:

Denied

1 hour ago, Big Blue Wrecking Crew said:

Same here for both MSG and Baltimore. Since they went to new system,  have only won for Temple of the Dog. Sucks that neither seniority or proximity to the shows makes a difference anymore. 

Congrats to those who scored!

Did you guys go for GA only? :unsure:

edit: acer I know you went reserved. That sucks :( 

Edited by [icon]

32 minutes ago, [icon] said:

Hell yeah! Congrats man! What was your email time stamp (CT I presume)?

10:05 Central

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Tiger Fan said:

10:05 Central

Further supports my early message theory. :thumbup:

I really think I'm GA in Ottawa and STL. If so I have a buddy going with me that is down to camp and go after rail if the weather is right. Haven't done rail for PJ since 94 

Edited by [icon]
  • Like 1

Looks like a bunch of folks who were confirmed and charged for Nash and St Louis are now getting cancellation emails :unsure: 

buddy of mine just lost his STL tix despite the charge still being on his card. 

Edit: TM fan support just sent an email saying the cancellation was a glitch. 

Edited by [icon]

12 hours ago, [icon] said:

Did you guys go for GA only? :unsure:

edit: acer I know you went reserved. That sucks :( 

BA here.

Not unexpected with only 2 northeast shows, but in new system  (along with ability to make multiple show choices,) I feel penalized, as everyone wants to see them ar MSG (or Philly/Boston/etc). So, unless I want to travel to see them. Here's to hoping for second leg that is not just stadiums/festivals. 

Edited by Big Blue Wrecking Crew

1 hour ago, Big Blue Wrecking Crew said:

BA here.

Not unexpected with only 2 northeast shows, but in new system  (along with ability to make multiple show choices,) I feel penalized, as everyone wants to see them ar MSG (or Philly/Boston/etc). So, unless I want to travel to see them. Here's to hoping for second leg that is not just stadiums/festivals. 

Damn GB sorry :( 

Heres my theory...

They're trying to capitalize on FOMO so they're not hitting the usual home run places as hard. They know they could sell out 2-3 nights Easy at NY and Philly. 

Imo they're teasing the NE with a couple shows to hold folks over, scratching Canada's itch (knowing the NE will fly up and backfill, then making a few stops in Flyover country (TN/MO/OK/CO) that folks will travel to, THEN hitting the left coast hard (5 shows in Cali + Phoenix) for half the US dates.

Then next tour you'll get 4-5 shows up there plus prob a lot of battleground states (Ohio, Florida, etc)

Got my two reserved seats for Phoenix. Now we see what is available for the fan verified presale.

• Like 1

Talk to me about this fan verfied sale. Is this for 10club?

3 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Talk to me about this fan verfied sale. Is this for 10club?

no, Ticketmaster verified fan.   It's an attempt to let fans buy tickets instead of all of them selling out in 10 seconds to server banks in Bangladesh.  You had to register already, and if you got verified you get a chance to buy tickets in a presale.   For the Home Shows I got verified fan, logged on the second the sale started, hit "best available," it showed me tickets, I hit "buy," it said they were no longer available, I hit search for "best available" and it was sold out.   

now they've added safetix (electronic tickets where the barcode changes every 30 seconds) and have made them transferable at face value only to try to eliminate tickets on the secondary market.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 4:23 PM, [icon] said:

Seat locations for 10C were typically not released until day of show for a long time. 

Notifications of In/Out go out now. Then starting the 27th your ticket locations will be set and visible (and will find out if GA/Reserved). 

Agreed, but I didn't think he was talking about exact seat locations.  I read the claim as, he would not know GA/Reserved prior to the public sale.  I believe it has never been like that in the past and that's coming from experience (and a bad memory).  

My buddy did send me some pics of arena maps with the 10C sections in blue.  That's new.  He said it did not drill down to see the actual rows/seats.  I thought there was no way ALL of the blue could be 10C, just a number of the best rows in those sections.  Some of the shots I saw showed almost every section facing the stage in blue. 

• Like 1

My problem with this setup is I am particular with the seats I get and have money to be where I want (which isn’t the front). I’d rather pay 3x face value to know I have seats I will like.

3 minutes ago, Shrugs said:

My problem with this setup is I am particular with the seats I get and have money to be where I want (which isn’t the front). I’d rather pay 3x face value to know I have seats I will like.

If they are able to control the secondary market the way they claim they can, the only way to guarantee where you sit is to buy the seats you want through verified fan, the public sale, or the fan to fan exchange.   There supposedly will not be any sales above face value since none of the tickets are transferable outside of NY and CO, who have state laws requiring tickets to be transferred.

1 hour ago, -fish- said:

If they are able to control the secondary market the way they claim they can, the only way to guarantee where you sit is to buy the seats you want through verified fan, the public sale, or the fan to fan exchange.   There supposedly will not be any sales above face value since none of the tickets are transferable outside of NY and CO, who have state laws requiring tickets to be transferred.

is GA going to be 100% fan club?

Looks like stubhub for me. 

Won for St. Louis.  Only show I put in for, and I put in for BA.  I'm planning on getting reserved, which shouldn't be too bad with my member number, but will be pleasantly surprised if I get the pit.

cheapest ticket on stubhub for MSG is $410

No thanks. Ill try the ole ticketmaster general public sale but not optimistic 

16 hours ago, Tiger Fan said:

is GA going to be 100% fan club?

I doubt it but it doesn’t actually say anywhere.  

On 1/20/2020 at 7:08 AM, Bobcat10 said:

Agreed, but I didn't think he was talking about exact seat locations.  I read the claim as, he would not know GA/Reserved prior to the public sale.  I believe it has never been like that in the past and that's coming from experience (and a bad memory).  

My buddy did send me some pics of arena maps with the 10C sections in blue.  That's new.  He said it did not drill down to see the actual rows/seats.  I thought there was no way ALL of the blue could be 10C, just a number of the best rows in those sections.  Some of the shots I saw showed almost every section facing the stage in blue. 

I only put in for Reserved for 10C. Others that put best available won't know if they got GA or Reserved until after public tickets sold. For me I was talking about seat location because it could be anywhere in the building. Should just tell you before public sale.

Where did he get the arena maps with 10c highlights? Would like to see that.

Edited by cap'n grunge

1 hour ago, ConstruxBoy said:

This sounds way too complicated just to get tickets to a concert. 

It really isn't that bad.   The alternative is the traditional:  tickets go on sale and sell out  in 30 seconds to ticket resellers outsourcing to India, who then jack up prices by 100-5000%.   PJ is trying to have a tour where all tickets go for face value (except NY and CO, who have laws preventing that).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ConstruxBoy said:

It took me 2 minutes to sign up and request reserved seats for three shows via the band's fan club. A few days later I got the notification that I got tickets to all three shows.

OR

I could set a reminder on my phone to log in to a ticket-selling web site at a specific time when I probably have other things to do, then spend an hour getting a message that says, "No tickets available, please try again" over and over until the ticketseller eventually gives me a message saying the show has sold out, only to find out later that tickets were gone within the first minute, and that they're currently available on Stubhub for triple the cost. 

I will always support PJ's efforts to keep tickets at face value and in the hands of fans. They tried to do this before the Internet age and, while I appreciated the effort, it was a disaster because of monopolies like Ticketmaster. It's much easier now and more bands should do it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, phandango said:

It took me 2 minutes to sign up and request reserved seats for three shows via the band's fan club. A few days later I got the notification that I got tickets to all three shows.

OR

I could set a reminder on my phone to log in to a ticket-selling web site at a specific time when I probably have other things to do, then spend an hour getting a message that says, "No tickets available, please try again" over and over until the ticketseller eventually gives me a message saying the show has sold out, only to find out later that tickets were gone within the first minute, and that they're currently available on Stubhub for triple the cost. 

I will always support PJ's efforts to keep tickets at face value and in the hands of fans. They tried to do this before the Internet age and, while I appreciated the effort, it was a disaster because of monopolies like Ticketmaster. It's much easier now and more bands should do it. 

yeah, if this safetix technology catches on and more states don't require tickets to be transferable, this could kill resale markets.

1 hour ago, cap'n grunge said:

I only put in for Reserved for 10C. Others that put best available won't know if they got GA or Reserved until after public tickets sold. For me I was talking about seat location because it could be anywhere in the building. Should just tell you before public sale.

Where did he get the arena maps with 10c highlights? Would like to see that.

When you went to put in for a request for a particular arena, they showed you where the 10c tix were.

@JZilla

Hi GB I'm going to try and get tickets for Oakland when they go on sale Friday, you around during their upcoming shows?

28 minutes ago, phandango said:

OR

:goodposting:Some of us (like myself) are making it out to be way more complicated than it is by obsessing over odds and such, but the reality is the core process is dead simple. 

I was able to get a pair of tickets at face value to all 4 shows I wanted with minimal effort.
Paid about a Grand for the 8 tix. Without 10C I likely would have paid somewhere $5-8k for these same tickets (pending any GA/PIT hits). 

It's got warts like any system, but overall I think the Band goes way beyond what should be expected of a band in an effort to get tickets into the hands of fans for a reasonable price.

Yes, they've caved to the devil (Ticketmaster) out of convenience, but they've negotiated some serious arrangements in our favor. 

Edited by [icon]
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ConstruxBoy said:

what i think happened that is causing the most confusion for people, who obsessed over odds/priority of shows/GA BA or Reserved, is that they put in their initial order.  Then they went in and changed something without re-doing all their choices.  I did this to add a show and luckily something caught my eye in the announcement or whatever, but I went back in and all that was there was the show I added.  I quickly added all the shows with no regard to priority and chose Reserved seats and maybe GA or BA for night two shows in LA or Oakland.  Then i left it alone.  Not sure how many people realized that if you made a change, no matter how small, it affected your whole order.  This is where i see people blaming TM, or 10C when in fact it may have been the purchasers problem  I have never been denied a request with this new system.  I went 5/5 SD-Oak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Inhiding said:

I went 5/5 SD-Oak.

Agree 100% with your theory. 

Also... :highfive: on 5/5

• Like 1

4 hours ago, -fish- said:

When you went to put in for a request for a particular arena, they showed you where the 10c tix were.

I never saw that

51 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:
5 hours ago, -fish- said:

I never saw that

I briefly joined the PJ 2020 Tour FB page before I got disgusted with it.  Seems like almost a 50/50 split of people that saw the maps and people that didn't.   It was one extra click once you got to the page to request tickets for a particular venue.  There are screenshots floating around that group, but I'm not diving back into that cesspool to find them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inhiding said:

gonna have to listen to that one a couple more times....

Meh, hoping that's not the best this album has to offer.