Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tiger Fan

***Official Pearl Jam Thread***

Recommended Posts

I really like David Byrne.  It’s cool hearing PJ play his music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some Roxy Music feel in there too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man... 

I kinda LIKE it 😶

 

edit: I REALLY Like it. :wub: 

Edited by [icon]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10-12 listens in. I ####### love this track. 
I am looking forward to the next track mid-feb to see how much this new vibe carries into the guitar-forward stuff 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely a different vibe.  It always takes me a lot of listens to get used to new PJ music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't like it on low volume first time. Cranked up with earbuds was much better. Got better each time I listened. That said I hope the rest of the album doesn't follow the same vibe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It reminds me of when AFI went from punk to 80s synth/EDM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [icon] said:

10-12 listens in. I ####### love this track. 
I am looking forward to the next track mid-feb to see how much this new vibe carries into the guitar-forward stuff 

whats this about mid Feb? 

From XM PJ Radio:  Matt wrote the music, Ed wrote the lyrics, Stone plays bass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Matt actually plays the drums on the recording...it's not a machine.  Would've never thought that unless they explicitly said it.

Took me a few listens, but I'm digging it.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Tiger Fan said:

And Matt actually plays the drums on the recording...it's not a machine.  Would've never thought that unless they explicitly said it.

Took me a few listens, but I'm digging it.

I looked up the lyrics, and the random page i looked at had a credit for "drum programming" for Matt as well as playing the drums.  It wasn't a PJ page so who knows how legit that is.

 

 

I've listened a few more time.  It is growing on me, but as with many PJ songs, I have no idea what the message of the lyrics is supposed to be. :shrug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

I looked up the lyrics, and the random page i looked at had a credit for "drum programming" for Matt as well as playing the drums.  It wasn't a PJ page so who knows how legit that is.

 

 

I've listened a few more time.  It is growing on me, but as with many PJ songs, I have no idea what the message of the lyrics is supposed to be. :shrug: 

The whole album is about climate change, I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inhiding said:

whats this about mid Feb? 

From XM PJ Radio:  Matt wrote the music, Ed wrote the lyrics, Stone plays bass...

The track "Superblood Wolfmoon" is rumored to be the second single to be released in mid Feb.

Word is someone in the know announced the release of this track, with SW to follow in mid feb, then the album in late March... then deleted the part about SW in mid February.

This was before the track listing was public.... so "SW"being an actual track lends validity to the rumor. 

Just going off what I read on the forums. 

Edited by [icon]
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BeTheMatch said:

The whole album is about climate change, I think

Ya, I've heard that but even trying to back the lyrics into that idea, it is a little abstract for me.  But that has always been Eddie's style, with a few exceptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ray McKigney said:

This song really sucks. 

Sounds like the talking heads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting to see if I a a verified fan so I can try to get tickets tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, tuffnutt said:

Sounds like the talking heads.

Talking heads are great.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got 10am Ticketmaster Verified Fan codes for Nashville, Ottawa, and Quebec City.  Crazy. Going for Nashville tickets tomm to help some buddies out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant believe i missed this verified thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a verified fan code for Phoenix but my wife shot it down. Financially she is right but I'm still mad about it but I am swallowing that anger deep down inside and staying the course. I guess I can not give my code away, otherwise I would give it to someone here.

😡 :wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodluck to those chasing NYC/BAL tickets in VF right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tuffnutt said:

Sounds like the talking heads.

Yup, this.  And the beginning sounds like The Cannonballs.  Link

Add in a bit of Arcade Fire newer dance vibe and wala....new PJ song.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Big Blue Wrecking Crew said:

Landed 2 behind the stage Row 8 Section 112 for MSG. Have heard all the good stories about these behind the stage seats....guess I get to find out myself.

Via Ticketmaster Verifed sale, not Fan Club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bull Dozier said:

Via Ticketmaster Verifed sale, not Fan Club?

Yes. 10 Club seat locations won't be announced until next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

Via Ticketmaster Verifed sale, not Fan Club?

Yes...shut out via 10C. For MSG, all seats I saw were behind/side stage with exception of two furthest sections from the stage. Opted to try the backstage route based on that. Actually went fairly smooth for me, but have read on the PJ message boards that others had some challenges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nashville was all 300 level nosebleeds. I passed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was able to snag Baltimore tickets. Section 205, side stage.

Edited by STBootleg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok maybe someone can help me. I put in for St. Louis show verified fan presale( not 10club) I received and email that was put on waitlist and if additional tickets came up I would recieve a text with a code. I just did and followed link and hit the queue to purchase tickets and it won’t give me access. I don’t see a place to put in code. No idea what to do next

Edited by tuffnutt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Blue Wrecking Crew said:

Landed 2 behind the stage Row 8 Section 112 for MSG. Have heard all the good stories about these behind the stage seats....guess I get to find out myself.

I'll be right there with ya in section 113

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guess I'll be waiting for the 2nd stage of the tour. 

:kicksrock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tuffnutt said:

Ok maybe someone can help me. I put in for St. Louis show verified fan presale( not 10club) I received and email that was put on waitlist and if additional tickets can up I would revive a text with a code. I just did and followed link and hit joking the queue to purchase tickets and it won’t give me access. I don’t see a place to put in code. No idea what to do next

Got in! I’m going to Pearl Jam!!! First time seeing them!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to need someone to explain all this to me if the second leg of the tour gets near Charlotte. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, tuffnutt said:

Got in! I’m going to Pearl Jam!!! First time seeing them!

:hifive:   Great news, I'll be there too.  I'm at around 10 shows now I think?  Always a great experience.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, prosopis said:

I got a verified fan code for Phoenix but my wife shot it down. Financially she is right but I'm still mad about it but I am swallowing that anger deep down inside and staying the course. I guess I can not give my code away, otherwise I would give it to someone here.

😡 :wall:

Section 221 row L in Phoenix 

My wife had a change of heart and did it for me. She says there was an option to print tickets. I thought all of this was to prevent scalping? How does that work if I can print them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already have SD tickets via 10 Club but the Ticketmaster verified fan sale lets you get 4 tickets so I thought I'd see where the seats were in case my wife and daughter wanted to go (I'm already going with a friend).

Signed on right at 10. It said there were 2000 people in front of me. After 10 minutes, I got to 89 people in front of me. For the past 20 minutes, it has been stuck on 89 people in front of me. 

This is exactly why PJ sells tickets through the fan club. TM is such a garbage system.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, phandango said:

I already have SD tickets via 10 Club but the Ticketmaster verified fan sale lets you get 4 tickets so I thought I'd see where the seats were in case my wife and daughter wanted to go (I'm already going with a friend).

Signed on right at 10. It said there were 2000 people in front of me. After 10 minutes, I got to 89 people in front of me. For the past 20 minutes, it has been stuck on 89 people in front of me. 

This is exactly why PJ sells tickets through the fan club. TM is such a garbage system.

Finally got in a couple min later. All the available tickets are behind the stage, with some adjacent to stage. What the hell? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just thinking of the full album shows for some reason. One of them was done in the past on Record Store Day. This year that "holiday" is celebrated on Saturday, April 18th, the first Oakland show. Wondering if they knock off one of the albums they haven't done at a show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, prosopis said:

Section 221 row L in Phoenix 

My wife had a change of heart and did it for me. She says there was an option to print tickets. I thought all of this was to prevent scalping? How does that work if I can print them?

The $10 printed ticket is souvenir purposes only, and can't be used to gain access. This was to appease a lot of fans who bemoaned not having a ticket stub from the show. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phandango said:

Finally got in a couple min later. All the available tickets are behind the stage, with some adjacent to stage. What the hell? 

Pearl Jam's 10 Club got access to a TON of tickets this year. At most venues it was the vast majority of the floor, much of the 100 level, and often a lot of the 200 level. This was done to appease complaints from members of the club who were frequently losers in the club lottery to get tickets. 

Ticketmaster Verified fan tickets for most shows were MOSTLY limited to behind stage (which can be great on lower level at these shows), and 200-300 level. Some scattered back floor or 100 level were available for some shows. Shows like Quebec City had tons of great seats due to lack of demand. 

If you're serious about seeing Pearl Jam, the 10 Club is about $10-15 a year and offers phenomenal access to show tickets. I'm going to 4 shows on this tour at face value. I've gotten solid seats / GA for Fenway/Wrigley shows as well as other Arena shows.. solo Eddie Shows (Ryman Theater, Orpheum Theater). Totally worth it. Joining now would make you eligible for Fall Tour tickets when announced. 

Edited by [icon]
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tuffnutt said:

Got in! I’m going to Pearl Jam!!! First time seeing them!

 

1 hour ago, Bull Dozier said:

:hifive:   Great news, I'll be there too.  I'm at around 10 shows now I think?  Always a great experience.

I'll be at STL as well. Getting into town the night before and staying at Drury Inn by Union Station 2 blocks from the Venue. If i don't get GA/PIT I think we may hit the Cardinals Game earlier that day and hang out on the Budweiser Party Deck. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, [icon] said:

 

I'll be at STL as well. Getting into town the night before and staying at Drury Inn by Union Station 2 blocks from the Venue. If i don't get GA/PIT I think we may hit the Cardinals Game earlier that day and hang out on the Budweiser Party Deck. 

 

I'm over in downtown by the convention center.  We saw a game last time we were in St. Louis, so I'm hoping to find something more appeasing to the wife this time around (particularly since she's not a PJ fan).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

I'm over in downtown by the convention center.  We saw a game last time we were in St. Louis, so I'm hoping to find something more appeasing to the wife this time around (particularly since she's not a PJ fan).

:lol: I hear ya. The GF is only coming to Ottawa and Quebec City on this tour. Have buddies joining for Nashville and St Louis so more guy-centric trips. My buddy joining in STL is a huge Cards fan so we may hit that 1:15 game with some cheap tix if the weather looks good. 

This tour will be shows 20/21/22/23 for me (counting 4 EV solo shows). A good assortment (10 Cities across 7 states) but these will be my first international shows. There are some fans with 5x or more as many shows as me. :eek: 

 

 

Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18

 


2020 Shows: Ottawa '20 / Quebec City '20 / Nashville '20 / St Louis '20

 

 

Edited by [icon]
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phandango said:

Finally got in a couple min later. All the available tickets are behind the stage, with some adjacent to stage. What the hell? 

I ended getting adjacent to stage. Section 119 in  St. Louis. Never sat in side seats for a concert before. Hope I’m not staring at back of Eddie’s head all night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, [icon] said:

:lol: I hear ya. The GF is only coming to Ottawa and Quebec City on this tour. Have buddies joining for Nashville and St Louis so more guy-centric trips. My buddy joining in STL is a huge Cards fan so we may hit that 1:15 game with some cheap tix if the weather looks good. 

This tour will be shows 20/21/22/23 for me (counting 4 EV solo shows). A good assortment (10 Cities across 7 states) but these will be my first international shows. There are some fans with 5x or more as many shows as me. :eek: 

 

  Hide contents

Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18

 


2020 Shows: Ottawa '20 / Quebec City '20 / Nashville '20 / St Louis '20

 

 

Nice run of shows!  Did you get the poster from Knoxville?  I love that one...

 

Ive done:

1992:  Ventura Theater, Lollapalooza x2 Mtn View.  1993:  Indio, shoe throwing show.  1995:  Sacramento, SF Golden Gate Park (Neil Jam).  1996:  Seattle.  1997:  Santa Cruz (Honking Seals secret show (i was on the bands guest list, specifically under Eddies guest)  as a warm up for Rolling Stones opening slot, Oakland as an opener for Stones.  1998:  Portland, Seattle, Sacramento, LAx2, San Diego, Vegas.  1999:  Bridge School benefits x2,.   2000:  Portland, Mt View, Sacramento, San Bernadino, Fresno, San Diego, Vegas (10 year anniversary show!!  7th row center).  2001:  Mt View (Bridge School).  2003:  Santa Barbara (mini ToTD reunion), Mt View x2.  2005:  The Gorge, Vancouver BC.  2006:  The Gorge x2, SF x3, Mt View x2, 2010:  Mt View x2.  2013:  LA, Oakland, Portland.  2014:  Mt Viewx2.  2016:  MSG,

2020 upcoming:  SD, LA,LA,Oak, Oak. 

I think i am missing some as well... i thought i was in the 55 range.  10C has been very very good to me.  Although in 2000 Mt View show we pulled 1st row, which would have allowed us up to the rail, there was a row of temporary chairs set aside for superfan Kathy Davis and crew.... ugh.... 

 

My poster collection can put my kids through college..  😲

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Inhiding said:

Nice run of shows!  Did you get the poster from Knoxville?  I love that one...

 

Ive done:

1992:  Ventura Theater, Lollapalooza x2 Mtn View.  1993:  Indio, shoe throwing show.  1995:  Sacramento, SF Golden Gate Park (Neil Jam).  1996:  Seattle.  1997:  Santa Cruz (Honking Seals secret show (i was on the bands guest list, specifically under Eddies guest)  as a warm up for Rolling Stones opening slot, Oakland as an opener for Stones.  1998:  Portland, Seattle, Sacramento, LAx2, San Diego, Vegas.  1999:  Bridge School benefits x2,.   2000:  Portland, Mt View, Sacramento, San Bernadino, Fresno, San Diego, Vegas (10 year anniversary show!!  7th row center).  2001:  Mt View (Bridge School).  2003:  Santa Barbara (mini ToTD reunion), Mt View x2.  2005:  The Gorge, Vancouver BC.  2006:  The Gorge x2, SF x3, Mt View x2, 2010:  Mt View x2.  2013:  LA, Oakland, Portland.  2014:  Mt Viewx2.  2016:  MSG,

2020 upcoming:  SD, LA,LA,Oak, Oak. 

I think i am missing some as well... i thought i was in the 55 range.  10C has been very very good to me.  Although in 2000 Mt View show we pulled 1st row, which would have allowed us up to the rail, there was a row of temporary chairs set aside for superfan Kathy Davis and crew.... ugh.... 

 

My poster collection can put my kids through college..  😲

 

Damn man! That's insane. Some killer shows in there. Always wanted to hit a bridge school show. 

Sadly I never really got big into the posters until fairly recently. My gem is a Hatch Show Print from the EV Solo 2 Night Stand at the Ryman Theater.

Actually got it signed "To Matt: Eddie Vedder". A buddy's family helped fund the Orpheum in Memphis, where Ed was playing 2 nights after the Ryman shows. He offered to put something backstage for me. I was torn between the Hatch Print and my 1991 Let Me Sleep Vinyl. Buddy said just leave both.
 

I attached a short note to the Hatch saying  I had just caught both shows at the Ryman and was excited to see "what rabbits you pull out of your hat tonight". He personalized the poster to me which was pretty rad IMO. The LMS vinyl was nerve wracking to leave, but is now perhaps my "prize possession". 

Worst part: my buddy left a guitar backstage and Ed didn't sign it, despite signing both my items. He didn't know Ed hates signing guitars because they always end up sold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, [icon] said:

Pearl Jam's 10 Club got access to a TON of tickets this year. At most venues it was the vast majority of the floor, much of the 100 level, and often a lot of the 200 level. This was done to appease complaints from members of the club who were frequently losers in the club lottery to get tickets. 

Ticketmaster Verified fan tickets for most shows were MOSTLY limited to behind stage (which can be great on lower level at these shows), and 200-300 level. Some scattered back floor or 100 level were available for some shows. Shows like Quebec City had tons of great seats due to lack of demand. 

If you're serious about seeing Pearl Jam, the 10 Club is about $10-15 a year and offers phenomenal access to show tickets. I'm going to 4 shows on this tour at face value. I've gotten solid seats / GA for Fenway/Wrigley shows as well as other Arena shows.. solo Eddie Shows (Ryman Theater, Orpheum Theater). Totally worth it. Joining now would make you eligible for Fall Tour tickets when announced. 

I pay $40 a year. You have a discount code?

And I didnt get tickets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, [icon] said:

Pearl Jam's 10 Club got access to a TON of tickets this year. At most venues it was the vast majority of the floor, much of the 100 level, and often a lot of the 200 level. This was done to appease complaints from members of the club who were frequently losers in the club lottery to get tickets. 

Ticketmaster Verified fan tickets for most shows were MOSTLY limited to behind stage (which can be great on lower level at these shows), and 200-300 level. Some scattered back floor or 100 level were available for some shows. Shows like Quebec City had tons of great seats due to lack of demand. 

If you're serious about seeing Pearl Jam, the 10 Club is about $10-15 a year and offers phenomenal access to show tickets. I'm going to 4 shows on this tour at face value. I've gotten solid seats / GA for Fenway/Wrigley shows as well as other Arena shows.. solo Eddie Shows (Ryman Theater, Orpheum Theater). Totally worth it. Joining now would make you eligible for Fall Tour tickets when announced. 

Thanks, I've been a 10C member for a while. I was just checking out the presale to see if there was any chance of getting really good seats. (I was trying to get four seats together, since the 10C sale allowed two tickets max.) Good to know that the best tickets were reserved for fan club members. Already got my tix to San Diego and both Oakland shows. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.