Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tiger Fan

***Official Pearl Jam Thread***

Recommended Posts

These lines hit me a bit tonight: 

"Oh, it's a fragile thing
This life we lead
If I think too much
I can get overwhelmed
by the grace
By which we live our lives
with death over our shoulders"

not sure why... 

Hoping for A full Chloe/crown at one of the shows I'm catching this tour 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, [icon] said:

These lines hit me a bit tonight: 

"Oh, it's a fragile thing
This life we lead
If I think too much
I can get overwhelmed
by the grace
By which we live our lives
with death over our shoulders"

not sure why... 

Hoping for A full Chloe/crown at one of the shows I'm catching this tour 

I’ll tell you why.  Because it’s a dark, beautiful lyric.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can get Guns n Roses tickets right now for $128 and Motley Crue tix for $122 right now

Cheapest PJ ticket $405

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AcerFC said:

I can get Guns n Roses tickets right now for $128 and Motley Crue tix for $122 right now

Cheapest PJ ticket $405

All secondary? Surprised GNR is that cheap though they are playing stadiums 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, [icon] said:

All secondary? Surprised GNR is that cheap though they are playing stadiums 

yes, stubhub

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

yes, stubhub

Wonder how they intend to transfer them to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Wonder how they intend to transfer them to you.

NY and CO are exempt from the restriction due to state law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, [icon] said:

NY and CO are exempt from the restriction due to state law.

Yeah, didn't know what show he was trying to go to.   Checked out some of the other venues on the fan to fan exchange.   Slim pickings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -fish- said:

Wonder how they intend to transfer them to you.

Screen shot will work 

 

just hope they don’t screen shot it to anyone else 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, [icon] said:

All secondary? Surprised GNR is that cheap though they are playing stadiums 

they've also been touring pretty non stop for the past 3 years....so market saturated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Screen shot will work 

 

just hope they don’t screen shot it to anyone else 

Screen shots won't work on this tour. The code changes every 20 seconds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there are still tickets to the Sunday night Oakland show but they are all behind the stage, are those seats worth it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

So there are still tickets to the Sunday night Oakland show but they are all behind the stage, are those seats worth it?

They always seem to play last kiss to the crowd behind the stage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, [icon] said:

Screen shots won't work on this tour. The code changes every 20 seconds 

Hmmmm, this changes everything

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Big Blue Wrecking Crew said:

PJ @ the Apollo announced. Looks like you need to be a SiriusXM subscriber to get in the door.

https://www.siriusxm.com/PJApollo

Crossing fingers. Would be awesome to see them at the apollo. they should pick me bc it will save them money on airfare imo

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cobalt_27 said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pearl-jam-superblood-wolfmoon-app-augmented-reality-951836/

Sigh.  I'm ready for this album to be about the music.  I don't give a #### about the AR and VR and the technology stuff.  Finding it distracting and, quite frankly, getting kind of annoying.

I don't use safari, so before I read the instructions I did it in chrome, which doesn't work with their AR.  With chrome, you just point the crosshairs at the picture of the moon on the page and you get 20-30 seconds of the song.  I imagine in Safari you get the same thing if you actually point it at the moon.

Edited by -fish-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, -fish- said:

I don't use safari, so before I read the instructions I did it in chrome, which doesn't work with their AR.  With chrome, you just point the crosshairs at the picture of the moon on the page and you get 20-30 seconds of the song.  I imagine in Safari you get the same thing if you actually point it at the moon.

I got 20-30 seconds.  I wish I had them back and had waited until next week to listen to the whole thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, cobalt_27 said:

I got 20-30 seconds.  I wish I had them back and had waited until next week to listen to the whole thing.

I think it's looped twice also.  So only like 15 seconds of the actual song.  Not sure if it's gonna be intro/outro/chorus...I think that will matter.

Works with a light bulb for those who have not tried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Officially official for Lollapalooza Paris Day 2.  This is going to be....interesting.  

Anyone listed here I should most definitely listen to prior and catch at the festival?  Vampire Weekend, Burna Boy, Haim, Illenium, Rezz, Alec Benjamin, Little Simz, Rufus Du Sol, Klingande, Griz, Subtronics, Boogie T, Whipped Cream, and Asdek.

I'm sure I've heard a few of Vampire's songs, but other than them, Haim and Griz, I can't say I've ever heard any of these other acts.

PJ hasn't been to Paris since 2006 I believe, so hoping for a good one!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bobcat10 said:

Officially official for Lollapalooza Paris Day 2.  This is going to be....interesting.  

Anyone listed here I should most definitely listen to prior and catch at the festival?  Vampire Weekend, Burna Boy, Haim, Illenium, Rezz, Alec Benjamin, Little Simz, Rufus Du Sol, Klingande, Griz, Subtronics, Boogie T, Whipped Cream, and Asdek.

I'm sure I've heard a few of Vampire's songs, but other than them, Haim and Griz, I can't say I've ever heard any of these other acts.

PJ hasn't been to Paris since 2006 I believe, so hoping for a good one!

Saw Rufus Du Sol at Lolla in Chicago.  Definitely worth getting familiar with their music.

Edited by -fish-
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Digging the new song.....not blow your mind away....but solid.

 

Side note = this thread is almost 14 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tiger Fan said:

Digging the new song.....not blow your mind away....but solid.

 

Side note = this thread is almost 14 years old.

Agreed.  Sounds like PJ at least.  Will give it time to see if it grows on me more, but it at least gives me hope for the rest of the album.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Pearl Jam postponed spring tour due to Corona virus 

Edited by tuffnutt
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

I got tickets for the Sea Hear Now Festival in September. 

Is that the one in Asbury Park?

My dad sent it to me today. Billy Idol on the ticket as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Is that the one in Asbury Park?

My dad sent it to me today. Billy Idol on the ticket as well

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tuffnutt said:

Pearl Jam postponed spring tour due to Corona virus 

I am seeing this a lot but I have not received any official notice. Is this real and will we receive some kind of notice other than twitter and reddit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, prosopis said:

I am seeing this a lot but I have not received any official notice. Is this real and will we receive some kind of notice other than twitter and reddit?

I was emailed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

I was emailed

I was emailed as well.  I found it funny that I received an email Friday or Saturday about their appearance on two new festivals, and then the next day an email of their tour cancellation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, prosopis said:

I am seeing this a lot but I have not received any official notice. Is this real and will we receive some kind of notice other than twitter and reddit?

I received an email also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, prosopis said:

I am seeing this a lot but I have not received any official notice. Is this real and will we receive some kind of notice other than twitter and reddit?

In addition to the email, I had saved all my tickets in my Apple Wallet on my phone, and Ticketmaster changed all the dates to "TBA." (I was supposed to go to San Diego and the two Oakland shows.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inhiding said:

call a plumber cuz this album has leaked

Quick Escape is a jam!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JZilla said:

Quick Escape is a jam!

gonna need the headphones for this listen through

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paused now four in, but Mike McCready was alive and well for that last one

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just got my daughters Beats (pink if you must know) on.  Its amazing how much Jeff is all over the albums... the secret weapon of the band

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what separates this from the past few albums is the production is not so slick and compressed.  everything/everyone has room to breathe on it.  Ed's vocals feel rich and have depth that have been missing.  Jeff is an animal as always, Mike has learned to harness his noises in a good way.  Stone has his turns but seems understated and Matt provides a great canvas for the rest to shine...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, prosopis said:

link?

it was on Reddit but the mods have removed it.  Not sure where to go now..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2020 at 10:32 PM, JZilla said:

Quick Escape is a jam!

Absolutely killer track!  Love the bass and drums dynamic going on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For once being on the west coast pays off, gonna need a few more listen throughs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Alright might be my favorite track. Those visuals on YouTube are a great addition to the songs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.