What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (3 Viewers)

These lines hit me a bit tonight: 

"Oh, it's a fragile thing
This life we lead
If I think too much
I can get overwhelmed
by the grace
By which we live our lives
with death over our shoulders"

not sure why... 

Hoping for A full Chloe/crown at one of the shows I'm catching this tour 

These lines hit me a bit tonight: 

"Oh, it's a fragile thing
This life we lead
If I think too much
I can get overwhelmed
by the grace
By which we live our lives
with death over our shoulders"

not sure why... 

Hoping for A full Chloe/crown at one of the shows I'm catching this tour 
I’ll tell you why.  Because it’s a dark, beautiful lyric.

I can get Guns n Roses tickets right now for $128 and Motley Crue tix for $122 right now

Cheapest PJ ticket $405

So there are still tickets to the Sunday night Oakland show but they are all behind the stage, are those seats worth it?

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pearl-jam-superblood-wolfmoon-app-augmented-reality-951836/

Sigh.  I'm ready for this album to be about the music.  I don't give a #### about the AR and VR and the technology stuff.  Finding it distracting and, quite frankly, getting kind of annoying.
I don't use safari, so before I read the instructions I did it in chrome, which doesn't work with their AR.  With chrome, you just point the crosshairs at the picture of the moon on the page and you get 20-30 seconds of the song.  I imagine in Safari you get the same thing if you actually point it at the moon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't use safari, so before I read the instructions I did it in chrome, which doesn't work with their AR.  With chrome, you just point the crosshairs at the picture of the moon on the page and you get 20-30 seconds of the song.  I imagine in Safari you get the same thing if you actually point it at the moon.
I got 20-30 seconds.  I wish I had them back and had waited until next week to listen to the whole thing.

cobalt_27 said:
I got 20-30 seconds.  I wish I had them back and had waited until next week to listen to the whole thing.
I think it's looped twice also.  So only like 15 seconds of the actual song.  Not sure if it's gonna be intro/outro/chorus...I think that will matter.

Works with a light bulb for those who have not tried.

Officially official for Lollapalooza Paris Day 2.  This is going to be....interesting.  

Anyone listed here I should most definitely listen to prior and catch at the festival?  Vampire Weekend, Burna Boy, Haim, Illenium, Rezz, Alec Benjamin, Little Simz, Rufus Du Sol, Klingande, Griz, Subtronics, Boogie T, Whipped Cream, and Asdek.

I'm sure I've heard a few of Vampire's songs, but other than them, Haim and Griz, I can't say I've ever heard any of these other acts.

PJ hasn't been to Paris since 2006 I believe, so hoping for a good one!

Officially official for Lollapalooza Paris Day 2.  This is going to be....interesting.  

Anyone listed here I should most definitely listen to prior and catch at the festival?  Vampire Weekend, Burna Boy, Haim, Illenium, Rezz, Alec Benjamin, Little Simz, Rufus Du Sol, Klingande, Griz, Subtronics, Boogie T, Whipped Cream, and Asdek.

I'm sure I've heard a few of Vampire's songs, but other than them, Haim and Griz, I can't say I've ever heard any of these other acts.

PJ hasn't been to Paris since 2006 I believe, so hoping for a good one!
Saw Rufus Du Sol at Lolla in Chicago.  Definitely worth getting familiar with their music.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am seeing this a lot but I have not received any official notice. Is this real and will we receive some kind of notice other than twitter and reddit?
In addition to the email, I had saved all my tickets in my Apple Wallet on my phone, and Ticketmaster changed all the dates to "TBA." (I was supposed to go to San Diego and the two Oakland shows.)

just got my daughters Beats (pink if you must know) on.  Its amazing how much Jeff is all over the albums... the secret weapon of the band

what separates this from the past few albums is the production is not so slick and compressed.  everything/everyone has room to breathe on it.  Ed's vocals feel rich and have depth that have been missing.  Jeff is an animal as always, Mike has learned to harness his noises in a good way.  Stone has his turns but seems understated and Matt provides a great canvas for the rest to shine...

Users who are viewing this thread