What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (1 Viewer)

What's the advantage of joining their fan club?
First chance at getting great tickets to any of their concerts a few weeks before they go on sale. I've bought tickets for about 7 concerts so far and always end up with incredible seats.That's about all I join for! It's worth paying $20/year for me.

:clap:   :clap:   :clap:

We are close to some live PJ!
I'm pumped. I hope I can catch at least 3 shows this tour :thumbup:
A-#######-men. Should catch them in Phoenix, San Diego, Vegas and NYC. Great birthday present for me.
OHHHH YAAAA. Last tour I caught them in Cleveland, Columbus, State College :shock: , Pittspuke, and Las Vegas. I don't think I'll be able to pull another five out of my hat for the next tour, but three or four should be no problem once again.Brought into work Detroit 2000 for my listening pleasure today. I happened to be at that one too. :thumbup:

What I'm really hoping for is to be within dirving distance to the last show of a leg. I've hit the end of the first leg for each of the last two tours. In 2000, Pittsburgh was amazing (I suggest a buy on this one), and then in 2003 State College was (I think) their longest concert ever. They always make those leg enders top notch and thank heavens in the midwest.
Penn State is one of my favorite shows--wish I could've been there! I only saw them once in 2003 (in West Palm).Check out this site--they have a large collection of live shows.

:clap:   :clap:   :clap:

We are close to some live PJ!
I'm pumped. I hope I can catch at least 3 shows this tour :thumbup:
A-#######-men. Should catch them in Phoenix, San Diego, Vegas and NYC. Great birthday present for me.
OHHHH YAAAA. Last tour I caught them in Cleveland, Columbus, State College :shock: , Pittspuke, and Las Vegas. I don't think I'll be able to pull another five out of my hat for the next tour, but three or four should be no problem once again.Brought into work Detroit 2000 for my listening pleasure today. I happened to be at that one too. :thumbup:

What I'm really hoping for is to be within dirving distance to the last show of a leg. I've hit the end of the first leg for each of the last two tours. In 2000, Pittsburgh was amazing (I suggest a buy on this one), and then in 2003 State College was (I think) their longest concert ever. They always make those leg enders top notch and thank heavens in the midwest.
That's the problem with living in the South, I'm lucky to get a show in New Orleans....Houston is a 4 hour drive and after that, Atlanta (7 hour) & Dallas (9) are the closest.

First chance at getting great tickets to any of their concerts a few weeks before they go on sale. I've bought tickets for about 7 concerts so far and always end up with incredible seats.That's about all I join for! It's worth paying $20/year for me.
I've been in the fan club since '94 and I've gotten front row tix to the last 3 concerts I've been to :thumbup:

I've been in the fan club since '94 and I've gotten front row tix to the last 3 concerts I've been to :thumbup:
:jealous:

Funny thing is that I remember writing the 10 club in 1991 and I thought it was ridiculous that they wanted $5 a year to join a fan club.

What will this album be called?
"Don't Buy the CD, Just Download Our Crappy Songs Instead"
Posty, you could F-up a Poptart.
[/QUOTE]posty's probably the one person who doesn't like the frosted ones.
[/QUOTE]I don't even eat Pop-Tarts...
[/QUOTE]Pop-Tars ain't #### when you eat deep-fried sticks of butter for breakfast.

Funny thing is that I remember writing the 10 club in 1991 and I thought it was ridiculous that they wanted $5 a year to join a fan club.
You know what sucks? I signed on back in the day as well... back when they gave out guitar picks from each member of the band.. got the Let Me Sleep single...etc. Then they started charging and I thought it was BS that they wanted $ for it so I let my membership lapse. Then I realized that they did the tickets for members and tried to resign up... no dice. So now my membership only dates back to 96 or 97.... I've gotten 3rd and 4th row but no front row seats :sadbanana:

]
You know what sucks? I signed on back in the day as well... back when they gave out guitar picks from each member of the band.. got the Let Me Sleep single...etc. Then they started charging and I thought it was BS that they wanted $ for it so I let my membership lapse. Then I realized that they did the tickets for members and tried to resign up... no dice. So now my membership only dates back to 96 or 97.... I've gotten 3rd and 4th row but no front row seats :sadbanana:
You still have the Let Me Sleep single? That's the only one I need....

]
:yes: I'll have that f'er when I'm 100

]
bummer. I wonder what kind of seats I can expect since I just joined last year?

]
great song. I have it on Lost Dogs. Is the single any different?

]
All fan club seats are solid.. you're likely in the first 5 or 10 rows, depending on demand for the show. :thumbup:

]
]
All fan club seats are solid.. you're likely in the first 5 or 10 rows, depending on demand for the show. :thumbup:
Well hell, that's close enough for me.

Nope.. it's just the rarest PJ collectible as they only pressed 1500 copies of it. It was their first holiday single that was only mailed to fan club members who were on board from go. It can be had but usually for 150-200 bucks if you can find it. Side B is the original "ramblings" which was recorded backstage when they were on tour opening for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers (you can hear them playing in the BG). Very loose, informal "merry christmas" message.

EDITED TO LOWER THE QTY PRESSED... I had no idea it was that low. :eek:

1991 : "Let Me Sleep" (the "Rhino" single): 1,500 copies were pressed

1992: "Sonic Reducer" ("Who Killed Rudolph"): 25,000 copies were pressed

1993: "Angel" (also the "#### Me In The Brain" or "Indio" or "Shoe Show"): 50,000 copies were pressed

1995: Double single - "History Never Repeats" - 80,000 copies (?)

So it's safe to assume that after 1995, the band were producing and mailing out probably close to 100,000 copies of each single. One of the main factors that determines an item's rarity is quantity. So it makes no sense whatsoever to pay more money for a 1996, 1997, 1998 or 1999 single than you would for "Let Me Sleep" -- they will also be easier to find.
I had no idea it was so rare... now there's REALLY no chance I'll ever part with it :eek: :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a website that tracked everyone's member number and where they sat for each show. I'll see if i can dig it up.

]
]
Well hell, that's close enough for me.
Yeah, but that's just not true. All seats are good, but you aren't guaranteed floor. Many are around the first "ring" of the venue (or farther back on the floor)...especially at bigger cities.Still, a GREAT deal. :thumbup:

Yeah, but that's just not true. All seats are good, but you aren't guaranteed floor. Many are around the first "ring" of the venue (or farther back on the floor)...especially at bigger cities.

Still, a GREAT deal. :thumbup:
Really? Hrmm... never heard of anyone not getting floor but I don't doubt ya. :thumbup:

I've been in the teens (usually 15-25) and my number is in the 180xxx's. I doubt he'd get top 10, but you never know I guess. It does depend on the venue.

I wish they would mix it up somehow. Like I should be able to get a top 5 row seat for my "home" city or something like that. Then for the rest of my buys it would be normal.

I've been in the teens (usually 15-25) and my number is in the 180xxx's. I doubt he'd get top 10, but you never know I guess. It does depend on the venue.

I wish they would mix it up somehow. Like I should be able to get a top 5 row seat for my "home" city or something like that. Then for the rest of my buys it would be normal.

FWIW my member # is 133xxx

FWIW my member # is 133xxx
holy crap, mine is 348xxx. :sadbanana: maybe they'll give me a seat out in the parking lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
]
Nope.. it's just the rarest PJ collectible as they only pressed 1500 copies of it. It was their first holiday single that was only mailed to fan club members who were on board from go. It can be had but usually for 150-200 bucks if you can find it. Side B is the original "ramblings" which was recorded backstage when they were on tour opening for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers (you can hear them playing in the BG). Very loose, informal "merry christmas" message.

1993: "Angel" (also the "#### Me In The Brain" or "Indio" or "Shoe Show"): 50,000 copies were pressed

So it's safe to assume that after 1995, the band were producing and mailing out probably close to 100,000 copies of each single. One of the main factors that determines an item's rarity is quantity. So it makes no sense whatsoever to pay more money for a 1996, 1997, 1998 or 1999 single than you would for "Let Me Sleep" -- they will also be easier to find.
I had no idea it was so rare... now there's REALLY no chance I'll ever part with it :eek: :excited:
Before the internet was so popular (at least for me) I used to buy PJ concerts and rare cd's for $30 a pop. I actually had "let me sleep" from one of them. Great song!

,Mar 2 2006, 09:07 PM]

Before the internet was so popular (at least for me) I used to buy PJ concerts and rare cd's for $30 a pop. I actually had "let me sleep" from one of them. Great song!
Apparently you didn't frequent trade shows where you could get them for $20 at the beginning of a show or wait talk them down in price in the closing hours. I miss those days :cry:

,Mar 2 2006, 09:07 PM]

Me too...no telling how much I used to spend just to get a few extra songs. Luckilly, I burned them all and got some of the money back via ebay

Rumored Tracklisting:

01 Life Wasted

02 World Wide Suicide

03 Comatose

04 Severed Hand

05 Marker In The Sand

06 Parachutes

07 Unemployable

08 Big Wave

09 Gone

10 Wasted Reprise

11 Army Reserve

12 Come Back

13 Inside Job

Rumored Tracklisting:

01 Life Wasted

02 World Wide Suicide

03 Comatose

04 Severed Hand

05 Marker In The Sand

06 Parachutes

07 Unemployable

08 Big Wave

09 Gone

10 Wasted Reprise

11 Army Reserve

12 Come Back

13 Inside Job
:pickle:

A post frrom a Pearl Jam fan board:

I was one lucky ******* today. I was invited to go to a Sony/BMG records meeting in which 6 of the new PJ songs were played for staff. I'm not excactly sure how to describe what I heard, and I didn't take notes but I will try to describe as much as possible. 1st off, crapshoot IS comatose. As the songs were played each song title was mentioned for the song was played. The last song I heard was Comatose, when it came on I instantly recognized it. Straight up 100%, and it was ####### raw as ####, almost like they recorded it in one take. Even had a little banter at the end of one of the guys saying something like "that was pretty good" or something like that. The one main thing I remember about it was how huge that openning riff sounded. These are the rest of the songs they played (i think in this order, I could be wrong about the first two names)... Inside Job Life Wasted Worldwide Suicide Unemployable Parachutes Comatose I came in the room and the first song was already started, and I remember thinking that if this was pearl jam, they are finally back. Im pretty sure it was inside job, but dont quote me. Dont remember much of the 1st and 2nd tracks other than they just sounded flat out great. Just really upbeat and hard hitting. And ed sounded really energetic, FINALLY. Ok, Worldwide Suicide. Let me jsut say that they picked the worst ####### 15 seconds of the song to preview on the radio. This song blew my socks off. You will all realize wednesday, this song is ####### sick. Unemployable was also great, I think it may have been a tad bit slower than the other tracks, but i dont remember for sure. I only heard these songs once after all. Parachutes, wow. This was a more acoustic song, almost a ballad. It reminded me a bit of Light Years as far as the tempo goes. And, you may be interested to know that this was the only song that I heard any organ/Boom. There was a little solo a ways in, but I didnt notice any other organ. Overall, I'm really happy to say that they FINALLY have captured the way they sound live, in the studio. And, Ed sounding energetic as #### was really exciting. I see why Mike early on was saying that this sounded more like VS. This album is going to be big, I dont know about Green Day big, but its going to sell better than the previous two records did, hands down. As one of the reps said in the meeting "its good to know we have a pearl jam record we can actually get behind". Also, I guess the radio station feedback was really great, since I guess they have the track and have heard it, but cant play it. They even mentioned the Indy leak last week. One sad note, I heard not a single Mike solo anywhere. Hopefully this will be fixed once we hear the rest of the album.

I was one lucky ******* today. I was invited to go to a Sony/BMG records meeting in which 6 of the new PJ songs were played for staff. I'm not excactly sure how to describe what I heard, and I didn't take notes but I will try to describe as much as possible.

1st off, crapshoot IS comatose. As the songs were played each song title was mentioned for the song was played. The last song I heard was Comatose, when it came on I instantly recognized it. Straight up 100%, and it was ####### raw as ####, almost like they recorded it in one take. Even had a little banter at the end of one of the guys saying something like "that was pretty good" or something like that. The one main thing I remember about it was how huge that openning riff sounded.

These are the rest of the songs they played (i think in this order, I could be wrong about the first two names)...

Inside Job

Life Wasted

Worldwide Suicide

Unemployable

Parachutes

Comatose

I came in the room and the first song was already started, and I remember thinking that if this was pearl jam, they are finally back. Im pretty sure it was inside job, but dont quote me.

Dont remember much of the 1st and 2nd tracks other than they just sounded flat out great. Just really upbeat and hard hitting. And ed sounded really energetic, FINALLY.

Ok, Worldwide Suicide. Let me jsut say that they picked the worst ####### 15 seconds of the song to preview on the radio. This song blew my socks off. You will all realize wednesday, this song is ####### sick.

Unemployable was also great, I think it may have been a tad bit slower than the other tracks, but i dont remember for sure. I only heard these songs once after all.

Parachutes, wow. This was a more acoustic song, almost a ballad. It reminded me a bit of Light Years as far as the tempo goes. And, you may be interested to know that this was the only song that I heard any organ/Boom. There was a little solo a ways in, but I didnt notice any other organ.

Overall, I'm really happy to say that they FINALLY have captured the way they sound live, in the studio. And, Ed sounding energetic as #### was really exciting. I see why Mike early on was saying that this sounded more like VS. This album is going to be big, I dont know about Green Day big, but its going to sell better than the previous two records did, hands down.

As one of the reps said in the meeting "its good to know we have a pearl jam record we can actually get behind". Also, I guess the radio station feedback was really great, since I guess they have the track and have heard it, but cant play it. They even mentioned the Indy leak last week.

One sad note, I heard not a single Mike solo anywhere. Hopefully this will be fixed once we hear the rest of the album.
:o :o :o :o :o :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

]
]
I remember getting somewhat screwed on the last tour. I only made it the Atlanta show same as the tour before that where I had 2nd row seats. Except this time, the seats were not specifically assigned. I went to will call an hour before the show. They had 3 windows with different ranges of member #'s at each. Well, I guess everybody else got the memo because I was at the lowest # window (member # 125xxx) but wound up with seats 15-20 rows back. Not a huge deal, but it was my wife's first show. Did this happen to anybody else? I sure hope they go back to the old way this time.

I remember getting somewhat screwed on the last tour. I only made it the Atlanta show same as the tour before that where I had 2nd row seats. Except this time, the seats were not specifically assigned. I went to will call an hour before the show. They had 3 windows with different ranges of member #'s at each. Well, I guess everybody else got the memo because I was at the lowest # window (member # 125xxx) but wound up with seats 15-20 rows back. Not a huge deal, but it was my wife's first show.

Did this happen to anybody else? I sure hope they go back to the old way this time.
I was at that Atlanta show, and yes the block system sucked. If you wanted better seats, you had to wait around for hours. They will not be going this route again. I saw them 3 times in Canada and they have changed the system. This time you will have pre-assigned seats based on your member number, so I imagine you will be better off the next go around.

regularguy, they have indeed made changes. I actually liked the way they did it that tour, because if you got there earlier, you'd be better off (to some degree)...but whatever.

Anyway, it will be different. Go look for the rules, they are there somewhere. They always try to make it as fair as possible, and when they think they have a better way to do it, they try. In any case, you will be happy with a member # that low, I assure you.

Oh, you know I didn't care too much about a few rows once the show started. I was just disappointed that they went away from a system that seemed to work. Then again, like Sonny says, maybe it made it a little more fair for others for once. I think the show was on a weeknight so we didn't get there really early. What sucked was that we stood around drinking beer for a couple of hours before going to will call because we didn't know any better. :wall:

I'd have had no problem getting there early. My first PJ show was a general admission show at a small football stadium in Charlotte about ten years ago. My two buddies and I left GA before dawn and were at the gate by noon with a cooler full of beer. I don't think the show started until 7 or so. Ben Harper played an awesome opener that night. But I digress......

Hey KT, let me know if you make it down to ATL for a show. Maybe we can arrange a beer swap.

I'd have had no problem getting there early. My first PJ show was a general admission show at a small football stadium in Charlotte about ten years ago. My two buddies and I left GA before dawn and were at the gate by noon with a cooler full of beer. I don't think the show started until 7 or so. Ben Harper played an awesome opener that night. But I digress......

Hey KT, let me know if you make it down to ATL for a show. Maybe we can arrange a beer swap.
Funny, that Charlotte show was also my first PJ show. We didn't get there until maybe 30 minutes before the show. We started off in the bleachers, but eventually made our way towards the front. That was a really awesome show. It was the first and last time I ever crowd-surfed. I actually have a bootleg VCR tape of that show somewhere, but the quality is crappy.Yeah, we'll have to see what the tour brings, but if we are going to the Atlanta show I will be in touch.

I was one lucky ******* today. I was invited to go to a Sony/BMG records meeting in which 6 of the new PJ songs were played for staff. I'm not excactly sure how to describe what I heard, and I didn't take notes but I will try to describe as much as possible.

1st off, crapshoot IS comatose. As the songs were played each song title was mentioned for the song was played. The last song I heard was Comatose, when it came on I instantly recognized it. Straight up 100%, and it was ####### raw as ####, almost like they recorded it in one take. Even had a little banter at the end of one of the guys saying something like "that was pretty good" or something like that. The one main thing I remember about it was how huge that openning riff sounded.

These are the rest of the songs they played (i think in this order, I could be wrong about the first two names)...

Inside Job

Life Wasted

Worldwide Suicide

Unemployable

Parachutes

Comatose

I came in the room and the first song was already started, and I remember thinking that if this was pearl jam, they are finally back. Im pretty sure it was inside job, but dont quote me.

Dont remember much of the 1st and 2nd tracks other than they just sounded flat out great. Just really upbeat and hard hitting. And ed sounded really energetic, FINALLY.

Ok, Worldwide Suicide. Let me jsut say that they picked the worst ####### 15 seconds of the song to preview on the radio. This song blew my socks off. You will all realize wednesday, this song is ####### sick.

Unemployable was also great, I think it may have been a tad bit slower than the other tracks, but i dont remember for sure. I only heard these songs once after all.

Parachutes, wow. This was a more acoustic song, almost a ballad. It reminded me a bit of Light Years as far as the tempo goes. And, you may be interested to know that this was the only song that I heard any organ/Boom. There was a little solo a ways in, but I didnt notice any other organ.

Overall, I'm really happy to say that they FINALLY have captured the way they sound live, in the studio. And, Ed sounding energetic as #### was really exciting. I see why Mike early on was saying that this sounded more like VS. This album is going to be big, I dont know about Green Day big, but its going to sell better than the previous two records did, hands down.

As one of the reps said in the meeting "its good to know we have a pearl jam record we can actually get behind". Also, I guess the radio station feedback was really great, since I guess they have the track and have heard it, but cant play it. They even mentioned the Indy leak last week.

One sad note, I heard not a single Mike solo anywhere. Hopefully this will be fixed once we hear the rest of the album.
:excited: :pickle: :clap:

regularguy, they have indeed made changes. I actually liked the way they did it that tour, because if you got there earlier, you'd be better off (to some degree)...but whatever.

Anyway, it will be different. Go look for the rules, they are there somewhere. They always try to make it as fair as possible, and when they think they have a better way to do it, they try. In any case, you will be happy with a member # that low, I assure you.
I liked it in 2000 when you could get there early.Either way no biggie.

Can't find any new rules out there, I would think we'd have to wait till some tour announcements. Something was published?

Users who are viewing this thread