Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tiger Fan

***Official Pearl Jam Thread***

Going to Camden as well from Chicago. Should be a good time!

I think red, TF and I are just doing Camden. Trying to save some scrilla myself. Would be cool to see you there though. Jump on a train with T-Ups.

yeah, can't get away for anything other than Camden. Hell, I'm actually pissed I can't swing being there for REM on Wed night
Do it, we can hit that ballgame then REMI would be deaf by Saturday for sure

Going to Camden as well from Chicago. Should be a good time!

The more the merrier
He's sleeping with you.

I think red, TF and I are just doing Camden. Trying to save some scrilla myself. Would be cool to see you there though. Jump on a train with T-Ups.

yeah, can't get away for anything other than Camden. Hell, I'm actually pissed I can't swing being there for REM on Wed night
you trying to get me divorced?

Christ what the hell is going on here? :popcorn:

TU and some guy who's never entered the thread before are sleeping together in Camden.

Christ what the hell is going on here? :popcorn:

TU and some guy who's never entered the thread before are sleeping together in Camden.
When you put it that way it sounds so dirty

you trying to get me divorced?
Trying to get your wife divorced :hot:

Big Blue, actually there are tix for around a 100 bucks...WITH OPEN BAR. If you drink, that is cheaper than a normal GA ticket for sure. Plus, it's tax deductible.

Also, I guess the organization is not set up to take the onslaught of PJ'ers and has, from what I hear, maybe one person taking orders. People leave messages and this chick from the charity gets back to them; pretty funny. So you may very well be able to get in still. Venue looks awesome -- that's gonna be a helluva show. I would get all over that if I were you (in the area)...keep calling.

Left a message, so I guess I will see what they have to say if/when they get back to me. Sure the Pit is in a froth over this one...haven't dipped my toe in that pool in awhile.

So, MSG, who's in? Let's start getting the list together.

They just called me back abut the message I left on Tuesday afternoon before I got through to them on Wednesday...

CC was just charged today, they're a bit backed up

I would keep calling if you want to go, don't wait for them to call you back

As far as MSG, I will be there both nights with buddies of mine

SLBD, I think Canada Mike said he'll be there also, right?

Other than that, not sure

BBWC, you should come down to Camden

Gonna be a PJ/FFA fest

Per the receptionist, "Voice Mail only. We only have one person handling this event." At least the Pit can't complain about the servers on this one :hot:

Big Blue, actually there are tix for around a 100 bucks...WITH OPEN BAR. If you drink, that is cheaper than a normal GA ticket for sure. Plus, it's tax deductible.

Also, I guess the organization is not set up to take the onslaught of PJ'ers and has, from what I hear, maybe one person taking orders. People leave messages and this chick from the charity gets back to them; pretty funny. So you may very well be able to get in still. Venue looks awesome -- that's gonna be a helluva show. I would get all over that if I were you (in the area)...keep calling.

Left a message, so I guess I will see what they have to say if/when they get back to me. Sure the Pit is in a froth over this one...haven't dipped my toe in that pool in awhile.

So, MSG, who's in? Let's start getting the list together.

They just called me back abut the message I left on Tuesday afternoon before I got through to them on Wednesday...

CC was just charged today, they're a bit backed up

I would keep calling if you want to go, don't wait for them to call you back

As far as MSG, I will be there both nights with buddies of mine

SLBD, I think Canada Mike said he'll be there also, right?

Other than that, not sure

BBWC, you should come down to Camden

Gonna be a PJ/FFA fest

Per the receptionist, "Voice Mail only. We only have one person handling this event." At least the Pit can't complain about the servers on this one :hot:
Good news: They're raising $3 million for charity

Bad news: Lucy is going to have a nervous breakdown

So are you guys tailgating beforehand? I never been to Camden. Is it very scenic? From what I heard, it looks like North and West Philly.

My fiance' is comming along as well. She is a Philly native.

I never been to Camden. Is it very scenic?

There are some pretty bad scenes there, if that's what you mean

So are you guys tailgating beforehand? I never been to Camden. Is it very scenic? From what I heard, it looks like North and West Philly.

My fiance' is comming along as well. She is a Philly native.

Mike Crimes thinks it is:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2004/1...den.slide.2.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2004/1...n.184.2.650.jpg

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/06/...330194209990002

So are you guys tailgating beforehand? I never been to Camden. Is it very scenic? From what I heard, it looks like North and West Philly.My fiance' is comming along as well. She is a Philly native.

I understand there is some solid tailgaiting in Camden for concerts. I don't think we have anything finalized, but at a minimum we'll be at some bar near the river beforehand so we can catch the ferry over for the show.

In for Camden:

Tiger Fan

JZilla

Tremendous Upside

Scorchy

Red Raiders (night 2 only)

SLBD (potentially, needs peer pressure)

Vedder

Looking like JZilla, TU and myself will be straight chillin at the Holiday Inn in the historic district, unless we priceline a better deal. Hotels with refundable rates were very tough to come by.

If anyone has any bar ideas to pregame, feel free to post them. I understand there's a pretty good tailgaiting scene at Camden, but not sure how organized we'll have to be to do that

Got a B&M buddy flying up from Houston as well for night 1 :shrug:

In for Camden:

Tiger Fan

JZilla

Tremendous Upside

Scorchy

Vedder

Looking like JZilla, TU and myself will be straight chillin at the Holiday Inn in the historic district, unless we priceline a better deal. Hotels with refundable rates were very tough to come by.

If anyone has any bar ideas to pregame, feel free to post them. I understand there's a pretty good tailgaiting scene at Camden, but not sure how organized we'll have to be to do that

Got a B&M buddy flying up from Houston as well for night 1 :thumbup:
Just night one?

Do we need another room?

Does he have a ticket?

In for Camden:

Tiger Fan

JZilla

Tremendous Upside

Scorchy

Vedder

Got a B&M buddy flying up from Houston as well for night 1 :goodposting:
Just night one?

Do we need another room?

Does he have a ticket?

yeah, just night one....he's staying with his brother.....and has to be back in houston for the weekend

Regarding Camden, the city: The area in and around the venue is not bad at all. You have the aquarium and venue along the waterfront, and great views of the Philly skyline (anxious to see how the just completed 975 foot Comcast Center looks) and the Walt Whitman bridge. You hear the stories all the time, but I've been to many shows in Camden and NEVER had a problem. The worst thing you'll encounter are homeless guys trying to hawk soft pretzels and "concert" t shirts.

Regarding Camden tailgating: by far, the best tailgates I've ever experienced have been in Camden (better than Eagles tailgates) and most of my tailgates at Camden have been for Pearl Jam shows. You'll see alot of elaborate tent and BBQ setups, hear lots of PJ and whippet balloons being filled, smell (smoke? :)) lots of weed...cops do very little to stop the festivities and really only drive thru the lot to make sure that no one is dead...lol.....generally an awesome time...we set up my custom beer pong table and had had a big horseshoes tournament at the 2006 shows...everyone tries to lay claim to their city or town being the biggest Pearl Jam supporters, but the love for Pearl Jam in Philly and surrounding areas is immense. It seems like everyone who is a fan is a BIG fan, and it really shows in the parking lot at the tailgate. People are just hyped for the shows. We have been spoiled in the past in that we always get two shows and they usually fall on Friday and Saturday nights. With these shows falling on Thursday and Friday, I'm curious to see how good the Thursday tailgate will be, but I suspect that Night 2 will be crazy. My advice is skip going to a bar in Philly and head right to the parking lot....grab a dispoable cooler, fill it with your brew of choice, find a tailgate to hang at, save yourself from having to pay $4-5 for a beer at a bar, and you'll probably have a better time anyway.

My PJ stickman tattoo and giant foam cowboy hat that I've worn to PJ shows dating back to 1998 will be on display for any FBG'ers that I am able to meet up with. :thumbdown: Less than 3 weeks away! :thumbdown:

ETA: Y'all can hang at my tailgate if you want. It will probably be bigger for night 2, but we'll still have a great time on June 19 too!

Edited by Vedder

Regarding Camden, the city: The area in and around the venue is not bad at all. You have the aquarium and venue along the waterfront, and great views of the Philly skyline (anxious to see how the just completed 975 foot Comcast Center looks) and the Walt Whitman bridge. You hear the stories all the time, but I've been to many shows in Camden and NEVER had a problem. The worst thing you'll encounter are homeless guys trying to hawk soft pretzels and "concert" t shirts.Regarding Camden tailgating: by far, the best tailgates I've ever experienced have been in Camden (better than Eagles tailgates) and most of my tailgates at Camden have been for Pearl Jam shows. You'll see alot of elaborate tent and BBQ setups, hear lots of PJ and whippet balloons being filled, smell (smoke? :)) lots of weed...cops do very little to stop the festivities and really only drive thru the lot to make sure that no one is dead...lol.....generally an awesome time...we set up my custom beer pong table and had had a big horseshoes tournament at the 2006 shows...everyone tries to lay claim to their city or town being the biggest Pearl Jam supporters, but the love for Pearl Jam in Philly and surrounding areas is immense. It seems like everyone who is a fan is a BIG fan, and it really shows in the parking lot at the tailgate. People are just hyped for the shows. We have been spoiled in the past in that we always get two shows and they usually fall on Friday and Saturday nights. With these shows falling on Thursday and Friday, I'm curious to see how good the Thursday tailgate will be, but I suspect that Night 2 will be crazy. My advice is skip going to a bar in Philly and head right to the parking lot....grab a dispoable cooler, fill it with your brew of choice, find a tailgate to hang at, save yourself from having to pay $4-5 for a beer at a bar, and you'll probably have a better time anyway.My PJ stickman tattoo and giant foam cowboy hat that I've worn to PJ shows dating back to 1998 will be on display for any FBG'ers that I am able to meet up with. :confused: Less than 3 weeks away! :confused:ETA: Y'all can hang at my tailgate if you want. It will probably be bigger for night 2, but we'll still have a great time on June 19 too!

Sounds awesome Vedder:lmao:That's one thing about NYC, we don't have tailgates, unfortunately

Regarding Camden, the city: The area in and around the venue is not bad at all. You have the aquarium and venue along the waterfront, and great views of the Philly skyline (anxious to see how the just completed 975 foot Comcast Center looks) and the Walt Whitman bridge. You hear the stories all the time, but I've been to many shows in Camden and NEVER had a problem. The worst thing you'll encounter are homeless guys trying to hawk soft pretzels and "concert" t shirts.Regarding Camden tailgating: by far, the best tailgates I've ever experienced have been in Camden (better than Eagles tailgates) and most of my tailgates at Camden have been for Pearl Jam shows. You'll see alot of elaborate tent and BBQ setups, hear lots of PJ and whippet balloons being filled, smell (smoke? :lmao:) lots of weed...cops do very little to stop the festivities and really only drive thru the lot to make sure that no one is dead...lol.....generally an awesome time...we set up my custom beer pong table and had had a big horseshoes tournament at the 2006 shows...everyone tries to lay claim to their city or town being the biggest Pearl Jam supporters, but the love for Pearl Jam in Philly and surrounding areas is immense. It seems like everyone who is a fan is a BIG fan, and it really shows in the parking lot at the tailgate. People are just hyped for the shows. We have been spoiled in the past in that we always get two shows and they usually fall on Friday and Saturday nights. With these shows falling on Thursday and Friday, I'm curious to see how good the Thursday tailgate will be, but I suspect that Night 2 will be crazy. My advice is skip going to a bar in Philly and head right to the parking lot....grab a dispoable cooler, fill it with your brew of choice, find a tailgate to hang at, save yourself from having to pay $4-5 for a beer at a bar, and you'll probably have a better time anyway.My PJ stickman tattoo and giant foam cowboy hat that I've worn to PJ shows dating back to 1998 will be on display for any FBG'ers that I am able to meet up with. :lmao: Less than 3 weeks away! :lmao:ETA: Y'all can hang at my tailgate if you want. It will probably be bigger for night 2, but we'll still have a great time on June 19 too!

Sounds like a blast. I'll send you a pm for info :lmao:

Only 3 blocks from my office. Can I stop by at lunch for a nooner with one of ya?

Only 3 blocks from my office. Can I stop by at lunch for a nooner with one of ya?
I think we've changed it to the Westin downtown. But I am always up for a nooner.

Nice treat for the left coast 10c members

Hi Fans ~

Pearl Jam will be performing the VH1 Rock Honors Presents The Who event taking place Saturday, July 12 from the Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles. Other performers will include Foo Fighters, The Flaming Lips and a special performance from The Who themselves.

The Ten Club, in conjunction with Ticketmaster, is hosting a ticket pre-sale for current members (active as of June 3, 2008). The pre-sale will begin at 10am PDT on Saturday June 7, 2008. To access the pre-sale ticket opportunity, please go to:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0B0040BDED9B6686

Your Password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You will have a greater chance of achieving tickets to the event if this password is not distributed, so your discretion is appreciated. Ticket sales are limited and only available while supplies last. All customer service for tickets will be handled by Ticketmaster.com.

Public on-sale for these tickets will take place on Sunday, June 8th at 10am (PDT) through Ticketmaster.com and all participating outlets.

If you are unable to make the show, the performance will be televised by VH1 on July 17th at 9pm (ET/PT). Please visit www.VH1.com for more information on the event.

All the best from the 10club staff

PS. - Information about 2008 bootlegs will be coming soon.

Hi Fans ~

Pearl Jam will be performing the VH1 Rock Honors Presents The Who event taking place Saturday, July 12 from the Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles. Other performers will include Foo Fighters, The Flaming Lips and a special performance from The Who themselves.

The Ten Club, in conjunction with Ticketmaster, is hosting a ticket pre-sale for current members (active as of June 3, 2008). The pre-sale will begin at 10am PDT on Saturday June 7, 2008. To access the pre-sale ticket opportunity, please go to:

You will have a greater chance of achieving tickets to the event if this password is not distributed, so your discretion is appreciated. Ticket sales are limited and only available while supplies last. All customer service for tickets will be handled by Ticketmaster.com.

Public on-sale for these tickets will take place on Sunday, June 8th at 10am (PDT) through Ticketmaster.com and all participating outlets.

If you are unable to make the show, the performance will be televised by VH1 on July 17th at 9pm (ET/PT). Please visit www.VH1.com for more information on the event.

When did you get this? I haven't received this (yet).

Hi Fans ~

few minutes ago. the 10c emails are usually pretty staggered. i'm sure you'll get it in no time

Hi Fans ~

few minutes ago. the 10c emails are usually pretty staggered. i'm sure you'll get it in no time
Thanks, and I hope I get it soon. If not, I may have to ask someone to send me the password via PM pro favor.

ETA: Just got it. Thanks again!

Edited by GDogg

left coast, right coast, left coast, right coast. at least there is some good booter info to look forward to at the bottom for the rest of us. :thumbup:

Might have some decent news for some of you. Looks like a buddy of mine (CM) isn't gonna make the two Camden shows cuz of work. And with my prospects looking bleak, maybe he can transfer the tickets to some of you. He has a very low 10C, in the 70XXX's.

When I'm officially OUT, I'll let you know.

Not even gonna make the LA/Who show...:popcorn:

Might have some decent news for some of you. Looks like a buddy of mine (CM) isn't gonna make the two Camden shows cuz of work. And with my prospects looking bleak, maybe he can transfer the tickets to some of you. He has a very low 10C, in the 70XXX's.When I'm officially OUT, I'll let you know.Not even gonna make the LA/Who show...:whistle:

They're apparently not allowing ANY transfers this time aroundAlthough for those tix I think I would get a fake ID made up in Mike's name and use that to pick up the tixkeep us postedETA: especially since I don't even have 10C seats to the shows, I'm sitting in the Ticketbastard section Edited by Tremendous Upside

Might have some decent news for some of you. Looks like a buddy of mine (CM) isn't gonna make the two Camden shows cuz of work. And with my prospects looking bleak, maybe he can transfer the tickets to some of you. He has a very low 10C, in the 70XXX's.When I'm officially OUT, I'll let you know.Not even gonna make the LA/Who show...:whistle:

They're apparently not allowing ANY transfers this time aroundAlthough for those tix I think I would get a fake ID made up in Mike's name and use that to pick up the tixkeep us postedETA: especially since I don't even have 10C seats to the shows, I'm sitting in the Ticketbastard section
I know they weren't accepting transfers for the Vedder tour; have you confirmed it about THIS one?

Might have some decent news for some of you. Looks like a buddy of mine (CM) isn't gonna make the two Camden shows cuz of work. And with my prospects looking bleak, maybe he can transfer the tickets to some of you. He has a very low 10C, in the 70XXX's.When I'm officially OUT, I'll let you know.Not even gonna make the LA/Who show...:goodposting:

They're apparently not allowing ANY transfers this time aroundAlthough for those tix I think I would get a fake ID made up in Mike's name and use that to pick up the tixkeep us postedETA: especially since I don't even have 10C seats to the shows, I'm sitting in the Ticketbastard section
I know they weren't accepting transfers for the Vedder tour; have you confirmed it about THIS one?
That's what they saidAnd apparently people have emailed them and they're answer has consistently been noIf Mike's not coming, I bet we can figure something out though

Might have some decent news for some of you. Looks like a buddy of mine (CM) isn't gonna make the two Camden shows cuz of work. And with my prospects looking bleak, maybe he can transfer the tickets to some of you. He has a very low 10C, in the 70XXX's.When I'm officially OUT, I'll let you know.Not even gonna make the LA/Who show...:goodposting:

That's what they saidAnd apparently people have emailed them and they're answer has consistently been noIf Mike's not coming, I bet we can figure something out though
Yeah, it'd be worth it. You know what I might do is see if they'll transfer to me. I have someone that's helped me before on this and if she will again, maybe that'll push me over the ledge...

DO IT

I think I'm all set with Tiger's 10C seats on Thursday, and the nosebleeds with scorch on Friday.

Still working logistics, but if there's a spare ticket floating for Friday, let me know. The 70XXX 10C ticket, if available, could be too good to pass up :rolleyes:

On another note, got a call back from Robin Hood Foundation for the PJ show at the Beacon in NYC. Only $500/$2500 seats left. $2500 gets you into a pre-show gathering. And, for the low, low price of $10K, you get the pre-show and post-show gathering, with PJ appearing at the post show.

Boy, I wish I was wealthy:)

No dice. :sadbanana:NDLS, fire up the fake id.

I seriously doubt the 10c checks IDs that hard....you shouldn't have a problem, right? Get your buddy to make an ID at the DMV and you throw on a hat or something? Edited by Tiger Fan

I have two extra tickets for the June 17 show at the Virginia Beach ampitheater. Section 203, row Q, seats 51-52. I paid ~$80 apiece for them, including fees. Please PM me if you are interested.

Quote from Mike in Tampa paper article

The band's next album is "in its infancy stage," McCready says, so although new material isn't likely to find its way into the set lists, McCready promises some surprises."We'll be doing some of our more interesting B-sides," McCready says. "We'll be doing some stuff the fans have not heard in a long time."