What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Five Guys thread, a 130+ page swordfight. (2 Viewers)

Had them for the first time this weekend at the Baltimore Inner Harbor.

Really greasy, like you said, but ridiculously tasty. Lots of topping options, went with Mustard, Ketchup, Mayo, and Lettuce. Comes with two patties and your choice of cheeses.

Fries were excellent as well.

Also really enjoyed the tubs of peanuts around the restaurant, toss the shells anywhere.

Good stuff here, wish they had this place in Philly.

I love them and have been thankful that there isn't one within 10 miles of my house. Makes me go there less often. But now they're putting one within 2 miles of me. Hello weight gain and heart attack.

We have one three miles from our house. Great burgers and properly cooked (i.e. blanched, then fried) skin-on fries. Love - L-O-V-E - the place. Blows Red Robin away (and it's not even close) for half the price.

We have one three miles from our house. Great burgers and properly cooked (i.e. blanched, then fried) skin-on fries. Love - L-O-V-E - the place. Blows Red Robin away (and it's not even close) for half the price.
It really isn't close. As far as chain places go, only Fuddruckers compares, IMHO.

Really greasy, like you said, but ridiculously tasty. Lots of topping options, went with Mustard, Ketchup, Mayo, and Lettuce. Comes with two patties and your choice of cheeses.

Also really enjoyed the tubs of peanuts around the restaurant, toss the shells anywhere.

I think there is one in Glen Mills. Edited: There is. And according to their website, there is one in Clifton Heights now too.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think there is one in Glen Mills. Edited: There is. And according to their website, there is one in Clifton Heights now too.
hmmmm, you are correct sir.45 minutes from where I live.

Close enough to be able to go once in a while

Far enough where I can't force myself to go too often

Perfect location.

Thanks!

A Monsterburger from Pete's Fish and Chips here in the Phoenix area. :thumbup:

The one in Tempe used to be like the old lunch counter/malt shop design. Sit at the counter, and you could almost get splattered by the grease from the grill. Aahhhh...mmmm. :D

Now they're like a Sonic, and you can't even go inside. :thumbdown: But them's good eats!!

We have one three miles from our house.  Great burgers and properly cooked (i.e. blanched, then fried) skin-on fries.  Love - L-O-V-E - the place.  Blows Red Robin away (and it's not even close) for half the price.
It really isn't close. As far as chain places go, only Fuddruckers compares, IMHO.
:thumbup:

We have one three miles from our house.  Great burgers and properly cooked (i.e. blanched, then fried) skin-on fries.  Love - L-O-V-E - the place.  Blows Red Robin away (and it's not even close) for half the price.
When it comes to good eats and good beers, no one has better taste than bakes.

Hey, back at ya GB! :thumbup: The way I figure it, there are only two things in this life that people do on a regular basis that involve all five senses when done correctly - eating and sex. May as well enjoy the hell out of both of them.

Now if i can just convince my wife to try out that body chocolate tonight... :pickle:

[QUOTE=']Definitely not a place to go if you have peanut allergies...
[/QUOTE]Which is a shame because fries in peanut oil = yum!

I've never been to nor heard of that place, but from the description I immediately thought of Fuddruckers.They are putting a Fuddruckers up where I live and I can't wait. :)

I've never been to nor heard of that place, but from the description I immediately thought of Fuddruckers.They are putting a Fuddruckers up where I live and I can't wait. :)
I've always thoguht Fuddruckers was very overrated.

Hey, back at ya GB! :thumbup: The way I figure it, there are only two things in this life that people do on a regular basis that involve all five senses when done correctly - eating and sex. May as well enjoy the hell out of both of them.

Now if i can just convince my wife to try out that body chocolate tonight... :pickle:
:lmao: Couldn't agree more.

Really? I'd never heard raves - I'd only heard it dismissed as a "chain joint," but they make a damned good burger. As far as places that most people have actually heard of, it's the top of the list, IMO.

I am like a goldfish as Fuddruckers. If there is an unlimited amount of nacho sense, I just can't stop. Eventually it comes down to dipping every fry in cheese three times. I disgust myself.

:goodposting: I guess if you like paying $5 for a burger, then go ahead... But it sure as hell isn't worth it...

:yes: Five Guys roxor.

Currently, the closest one is about 15 minutes from. But, I'm getting one soon about 5 minutes away. Five minutes will be much better for picking some up and taking them home. There's one near FedEx Field and that's where I usually go before Redskins game.

I've lived in the DC area my entire life and never had Five Guys until about three years ago. I can never get those 27 years back.

But, I have two words for Five Guys: Credit cards. This cash only thing is annoying.

Currently, the closest one is about 15 minutes from. But, I'm getting one soon about 5 minutes away. Five minutes will be much better for picking some up and taking them home. There's one near FedEx Field and that's where I usually go before Redskins game.

I've lived in the DC area my entire life and never had Five Guys until about three years ago. I can never get those 27 years back.

But, I have two words for Five Guys: Credit cards. This cash only thing is annoying.
You mean they don't have an ATM inside the one that you frequent?

'][QUOTE=dgreen] :yes: Five Guys roxor. Currently said:
Of course they do...an ATM that isn't my bank.I just don't carry cash very often. We actually have to plan to go to Five Guys because we rarely have cash.

Where are you at dude?

Just got a Five Guys in my hometown a few months ago. Best...Burger...Ever. And the fries absolutely rock.
Just saw that there is one COMING SOON! only about 10 minutes away. After all this talk, I think I'm gonna have to be gettin' me some Five Guys. Oh wait, that didn't come out right. :X

Where are you at dude?
Centreville area.

'][QUOTE=Rayderr][QUOTE=KnowledgeReignsSupreme][QUOTE=Evilgrin 72][QUOTE=bakes]We have one three miles from our house.  Great burgers and properly cooked (i.e. blanched said:

[/QUOTE]I've always thoguht Fuddruckers was very overrated.
[/QUOTE] :goodposting: I guess if you like paying $5 for a burger, then go ahead... But it sure as hell isn't worth it...

[/QUOTE]Really?I'd rather pay the $4.89 I paid for a 1/2 lb Fudd's burger on Friday than the $3 it costs for a McDonald's double QP w/cheese. You're talking about a 63% price increas for about a 400% upgrade in quality and flavor.

[QUOTE=']
Rayderr said:
KnowledgeReignsSupreme said:
bakes said:
:goodposting: I guess if you like paying $5 for a burger, then go ahead... But it sure as hell isn't worth it...
Really?I'd rather pay the $4.89 I paid for a 1/2 lb Fudd's burger on Friday than the $3 it costs for a McDonald's double QP w/cheese. You're talking about a 63% price increas for about a 400% upgrade in quality and flavor.

[/QUOTE]yeah, but you're comparing it McDonalds. I've had veggie burgers that taste better than McD's.

[QUOTE=']
bakes said:
Really?I'd rather pay the $4.89 I paid for a 1/2 lb Fudd's burger on Friday than the $3 it costs for a McDonald's double QP w/cheese. You're talking about a 63% price increas for about a 400% upgrade in quality and flavor.
yeah, but you're comparing it McDonalds. I've had veggie burgers that taste better than McD's.
[/QUOTE]Where else besides the fast-food joints are you going to get a good burger for less than $4.89?

[QUOTE=']
bakes said:
yeah, but you're comparing it McDonalds. I've had veggie burgers that taste better than McD's.
Where else besides the fast-food joints are you going to get a good burger for less than $4.89?
[/QUOTE]I think Roy Roger's Double R Bar Burger is pretty damn good.

[QUOTE=']
bakes said:
Where else besides the fast-food joints are you going to get a good burger for less than $4.89?
I think Roy Roger's Double R Bar Burger is pretty damn good.
[/QUOTE]I frigging love Roy's, but they closed most of them down and the nearest one to me is in VA. Damn shame - they were the Cadillac of fast food burgers.Their prices were kind of high back in the day, though - I'd bet that a Double-R-Bar burger costs $3-4 these days

[QUOTE=']
bakes said:
I think Roy Roger's Double R Bar Burger is pretty damn good.
I frigging love Roy's, but they closed most of them down and the nearest one to me is in VA. Damn shame - they were the Cadillac of fast food burgers.Their prices were kind of high back in the day, though - I'd bet that a Double-R-Bar burger costs $3-4 these days

[/QUOTE]$3.09 i believe. they may come back. Some guys up in Frederick MD bought the franchising rights to it a few years ago. They are expanding again. They're at just about every rest stop on I-95 from Baltimore to NYC.Give it time, I'm sure they'll get back down there.

[QUOTE=']
Rayderr said:
bakes said:

[/QUOTE]I've always found that the key to Fuddrucker's burgers is to have them put some Cajun seasoning on them before cooking. Transforms them from "damned good" to "HELL yeah!" The quality of the burgers, buns, toppings, etc. at Fuddruckers torches anything available at a typical fast food place. Freshly ground beef trumps frozen. Freshly baked buns top trucked in. And don't even look at the sorry white excuse for lettuce that you get at McWendeHardeKing.

There's a local place in the Syracuse area - Zebb's - that does burgers similar to Fuddruckers. Not quite as good, but it works when the kids are too cranky to take to the Dinosaur BBQ.

$3.09 i believe. they may come back. Some guys up in Frederick MD bought the franchising rights to it a few years ago. They are expanding again. They're at just about every rest stop on I-95 from Baltimore to NYC.

Give it time, I'm sure they'll get back down there.
:excited: I would be so happy. I grew up in NJ - they were all over the place when I was younger. I even worked there for about a month when I was 16.

Roast beef 'N' Cheese, bacon cheeseburger, double R Bar burger, fried chicken are all killer.

[QUOTE=']
Rayderr said:
I've always found that the key to Fuddrucker's burgers is to have them put some Cajun seasoning on them before cooking. Transforms them from "damned good" to "HELL yeah!" The quality of the burgers, buns, toppings, etc. at Fuddruckers torches anything available at a typical fast food place. Freshly ground beef trumps frozen. Freshly baked buns top trucked in. And don't even look at the sorry white excuse for lettuce that you get at McWendeHardeKing.

There's a local place in the Syracuse area - Zebb's - that does burgers similar to Fuddruckers. Not quite as good, but it works when the kids are too cranky to take to the Dinosaur BBQ.

[/QUOTE]I am going to have to try the Cajun seasoning now.Dinosaur BBQ RULES ! I went there about 8 years ago and had some of the best ribs I've ever had. You wouldn't think upstate NY for BBQ, but if any of you are up that way and skip Dinosaur, you're missing out.

[QUOTE=']
Rayderr said:
I've always found that the key to Fuddrucker's burgers is to have them put some Cajun seasoning on them before cooking. Transforms them from "damned good" to "HELL yeah!" The quality of the burgers, buns, toppings, etc. at Fuddruckers torches anything available at a typical fast food place. Freshly ground beef trumps frozen. Freshly baked buns top trucked in. And don't even look at the sorry white excuse for lettuce that you get at McWendeHardeKing.

I am going to have to try the Cajun seasoning now.Dinosaur BBQ RULES ! I went there about 8 years ago and had some of the best ribs I've ever had. You wouldn't think upstate NY for BBQ, but if any of you are up that way and skip Dinosaur, you're missing out.

[/QUOTE] :thumbup: The Syracuse Dinosaur is located about eight blocks from my agency's regional office, and I have to walk right past middle Ages Brewing Co. to get there. Think I schedule a few meetings in Syracuse? :yes: The chicken and pulled pork are good, but the ribs are freaking outstanding. Great sides as well, and the recipes are all in their cookbook.

[QUOTE=']
Rayderr said:

I am going to have to try the Cajun seasoning now.Dinosaur BBQ RULES ! I went there about 8 years ago and had some of the best ribs I've ever had. You wouldn't think upstate NY for BBQ, but if any of you are up that way and skip Dinosaur, you're missing out.
:thumbup: The Syracuse Dinosaur is located about eight blocks from my agency's regional office, and I have to walk right past middle Ages Brewing Co. to get there. Think I schedule a few meetings in Syracuse? :yes: The chicken and pulled pork are good, but the ribs are freaking outstanding. Great sides as well, and the recipes are all in their cookbook.
[/QUOTE]I used to get up that way quite a bit, as my best friend's GF lived in Oswego. That town, for whatever reason, cards NO ONE at bars, so from the time I was 17 (1989) - we would go up there to get loaded at least 5-6 times a year. Often made the trip over to Syracuse to visit buddies at school there and one time, my buddy took me to the Dinosaur. The ribs blew me away to the point where I took a to go menu as a souvenir. I had it hanging in my office at my last job, in Salt Lake City, but lost it during the move to FLA in 2002. :hot:

One of the worst burgers I ever had was at the Five Guys in Frederick, MD. Dry, overcooked, and tiny.

I will never go again. Fries were average.

Much rather have a medium rare Red Robin, or even a McDs.

One of the worst burgers I ever had was at the Five Guys in Frederick, MD.  Dry, overcooked, and tiny.

I will never go again.  Fries were average.

Much rather have a medium rare Red Robin, or even a McDs.
I go the Five Guys in Gaithersburg a lot - the kentlands one. Also go to the one in Germantown from time to time. And have had great experiences with both locations.I agree I love the burgers. Greasy, yes but they rock. Also the seasoned fries are awesome as well. When I am in the burger mood I would take Five Guys over Red Robin anyday espically since the price is great.

If I want a more sophisticaed burger I would take Houstons over Red Robin.

The burgers are well done but it is no bother for me. I eat all my meat very rare except for burgers.

Sorry you had a bad experience, if you are down in Germantown or Gaithersburg sometime check out one of those locations.

I am going to have to try the Cajun seasoning now.

Dinosaur BBQ RULES ! I went there about 8 years ago and had some of the best ribs I've ever had. You wouldn't think upstate NY for BBQ, but if any of you are up that way and skip Dinosaur, you're missing out.
:thumbup: The Syracuse Dinosaur is located about eight blocks from my agency's regional office, and I have to walk right past middle Ages Brewing Co. to get there. Think I schedule a few meetings in Syracuse? :yes: The chicken and pulled pork are good, but the ribs are freaking outstanding. Great sides as well, and the recipes are all in their cookbook.
I used to get up that way quite a bit, as my best friend's GF lived in Oswego. That town, for whatever reason, cards NO ONE at bars, so from the time I was 17 (1989) - we would go up there to get loaded at least 5-6 times a year. Often made the trip over to Syracuse to visit buddies at school there and one time, my buddy took me to the Dinosaur. The ribs blew me away to the point where I took a to go menu as a souvenir. I had it hanging in my office at my last job, in Salt Lake City, but lost it during the move to FLA in 2002. :hot:
PM me if you need a replacement menu. I go there once every other month at least.Edited to add: This post typed with a big sloppy Five Guys burger in front of me. Thanks for nuking my diet ya scoundrel. :rant:

Hardees thickburger is probably the best "chain" burger I've ever had, although it's been a long time since I had Fuddruckers. There is a 5 guys near work though, will have to check it out...

5G's is expanding very quickly. There is a recent washington post article about them. Give them time, they will be everywhere....

They are spreading like wildfire. I was just at one in Charlotte and one in Chantilly, VA. Actually at both of those places they now take credit cards as well.

Great burgers, period. Definitely better than Fudd's IMHO and don't get me wrong, I like Fudd's. The burgers remind me of the good small burger joints in upstate NY, CT and in the Northeast in general.

Users who are viewing this thread