What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Five Guys thread, a 130+ page swordfight. (1 Viewer)

Nipsey said:
I just walked by the Five Guys near me and not a soul in the place. 1:30pm. The Chipotle that's a few doors down had a line of about 15 people. It was so dead in Five Guys I thought it might be closed so I pulled on the door a little just to see if it would open. It does open a crack **and I hear at least three guys who were working behind the counter yell "ONE TOUCHING THE DOOR!!!!!" It completely startled me so I let go of the door handle and scurry away. I'm about 15 steps down the sidewalk and I hear a guy come bursting out of the place calling after me. "Sir! Sir! Please come back in. We didn't mean to scare you! Sir!" I give him the "I'm good" wave and continue walking. The guy won't stop calling after me and now he's running. Now I'm freaked out so I start running. We go about a block and a half almost full sprint and he's gaining on me, still screaming "Sir! Sir! Please stop!" I start noticing these projectiles flying by my head. It takes me a few seconds to figure out what they were and what they were were peanuts! Guy is whipping peanuts at me! They start hitting me in the shoulder, the legs, the back of the head, all over my body. This is my Nam, I'm thinking. One catches me perfectly in the back of the neck and must've nicked my spinal chord because everything goes numb and I fall to the ground. Guy calls over a few other workers, they scoop me off the ground and carry back to Five Guys. I'm like "why the hell are you guys doing this?" but I can't speak, I'm just giving them that kind of look. They carry through the door at which point other workers inside yell "LIMP BODY IN THE DOOR!" They plop me on a chair, put some peanuts in my lap and slide me over to the register. Guy behind the register asks how I'm doing today. I don't answer. Anyway, I got the bacon cheeseburger and regular fries. $15.75!!!!

**story made up from this point on
:lmao:  

rockaction said:
Don't look at the textual interpretation of it, think of original intent and the tradition of that which qualifies a restaurant under the rubric that is "fast food."
5 Guys doesn't have a drive thru and they cook your food to order.  Like, they start with raw meat.  That's not fast food.

It’s meh. Give it a shot. Good milkshakes. But you can get those anywhere. 
If you want to make a great milkshake at home, instead of using milk, use a 50%/50% combination of milk (whole) and Half & Half. Or you could use 75% milk and 25% whole cream.

Also don't use a low fat ice cream. Use at least 10% butterfat ice cream, but preferably 14% to 16% butterfat.

This is all that restaurants that make great shakes do. It's simply a matter of keeping the amount of butterfat high. A great shake has a lot. A crappy shake has too little.

I recommend sharing it with the family, as it is one hell of a calorie bomb. 

Small burgers.
A shake shack opened up next to the Five Guys near us and I prefer Five Guys (my kids do as well). It tasted good but the burgers were tiny, made me think of White Castle size. The crinkle fries were tasty as well but it’s as expensive as Five Guys but you certainly don’t feel like you get a lot. You definitely can’t share fries. My boys love the peanuts so even if it’s all 4 or 5 (wife and/or oldest), we can easily split one Five Guys fries.

I don’t want to say it’s bad but Five Guys is expensive for 1, but for a few it’s a much better deal. I’d rather get a Five Guys burger. Let’s put it this way if I just want a burger to go and nothing else, Shake Shack won’t do but Five Guys will satisfy me.

I tried the Impossible Whopper at BK for lunch today. 
Verdict: disappointing. 

I think the patty, which has a diameter to match the BK bun, is too thin. This leads to the patty being overcooked and blah. The Impossible patty really needs to be thicker so it can retain more of it's juices and flavor. I had high hopes for this Whopper but I'm not giving it a second chance. The impossible burgers at Fatburger and Islands are much better and worth the higher prices.

I tried the Impossible Whopper at BK for lunch today. 
Verdict: disappointing. 

I think the patty, which has a diameter to match the BK bun, is too thin. This leads to the patty being overcooked and blah. The Impossible patty really needs to be thicker so it can retain more of it's juices and flavor. I had high hopes for this Whopper but I'm not giving it a second chance. The impossible burgers at Fatburger and Islands are much better and worth the higher prices.
My daughter is hooked on Umami's Impossible burgers and Beyond Meat tacos at Del Taco. I just can't.

My daughter is hooked on Umami's Impossible burgers and Beyond Meat tacos at Del Taco. I just can't.
I want to try Umami's impossible burger, everyone says good things about them. I had the beyond meat from Del Taco and they tasted like salty sponge bits.
I'm still hoping for a low sodium, no cholesterol meat substitute. 

Wow, I went to 5 Guys with my son, I had a little chesseburger, he had a bacon little cheeseburger, we split a small cajun fries, and each had a small fountain drink.  $30.

C'mon, man... they're good burgers and good fries, but that's just silly.

Small burgers.
A shake shack opened up next to the Five Guys near us and I prefer Five Guys (my kids do as well). It tasted good but the burgers were tiny, made me think of White Castle size. The crinkle fries were tasty as well but it’s as expensive as Five Guys but you certainly don’t feel like you get a lot. You definitely can’t share fries. My boys love the peanuts so even if it’s all 4 or 5 (wife and/or oldest), we can easily split one Five Guys fries.

I don’t want to say it’s bad but Five Guys is expensive for 1, but for a few it’s a much better deal. I’d rather get a Five Guys burger. Let’s put it this way if I just want a burger to go and nothing else, Shake Shack won’t do but Five Guys will satisfy me.

You can get a beer at Shake Shack. Not sure why the teetotalers at Five Guys refuse to offer cold beer to grownups. I suppose yelling at us when we touch the door knob and giving us free peanuts is superior to providing adults with alcohol.

Small burgers.
A shake shack opened up next to the Five Guys near us and I prefer Five Guys (my kids do as well). It tasted good but the burgers were tiny, made me think of White Castle size. The crinkle fries were tasty as well but it’s as expensive as Five Guys but you certainly don’t feel like you get a lot. You definitely can’t share fries. My boys love the peanuts so even if it’s all 4 or 5 (wife and/or oldest), we can easily split one Five Guys fries.

You can get a beer at Shake Shack. Not sure why the teetotalers at Five Guys refuse to offer cold beer to grownups. I suppose yelling at us when we touch the door knob and giving us free peanuts is superior to providing adults with alcohol.
It took you 3 years to get so angry at being able to drink a beer with slider sized burgers at a fast food place to finally post this?

Hamburger
Double cheeseburger
2 bacon cheeseburgers
2 large fries

$62.05 and then I gave them a 20% tip

Probably would have been $100 if I got drinks

Hamburger
Double cheeseburger
2 bacon cheeseburgers
2 large fries

Yeah. I doordashed it once for like 6 of us. It was $100+

Still damn good though

Semi-related to DoorDash…. I’ve found Five Guys a bit difficult on there, particularly during peak times. Last time I tried it on a Friday night, DoorDash spent about an hour trying to find a driver, which I’ve never encountered any other time with any other restaurant. My sense is that the DoorDash drivers hate it because the order is never ready when they arrive.

Hamburger
Double cheeseburger
2 bacon cheeseburgers
2 large fries

Out of control…..we have basically stopped eating out save for maybe…..maybe two times a week.

Simply out of total control.
Same. I used to eat out/door dash all the time. Now it’s a joke. I only do now when the apps send me a “we miss you! Here is a BOGO offer. Come back!” Then I buy two of the most expensive things they have. And wait For the next offer.Just did this recently with Chipotle.

Hamburger
Double cheeseburger
2 bacon cheeseburgers
2 large fries

Out of control…..we have basically stopped eating out save for maybe…..maybe two times a week.

Same. I used to eat out/door dash all the time. Now it’s a joke. I only do now when the apps send me a “we miss you! Here is a BOGO offer. Come back!” Then I buy two of the most expensive things they have. And wait For the next offer.Just did this recently with Chipotle.

Single and/or live in a metro area? So foreign to me. We order out once/week now. Pre-covid that was like once or MAYBE twice/month. Pricing is out of control, and wife and I both hate cooking at this point.

Hamburger
Double cheeseburger
2 bacon cheeseburgers
2 large fries

Single and/or live in a metro area? So foreign to me. We order out once/week now. Pre-covid that was like once or MAYBE twice/month. Pricing is out of control, and wife and I both hate cooking at this point.
Single and live in a metro area haha. Its just hard to cook for one. Like, if i make pasta, i better be committed to eating that pasta the next 4 nights haha

Hamburger
Double cheeseburger
2 bacon cheeseburgers
2 large fries

Still damn good though

Semi-related to DoorDash…. I’ve found Five Guys a bit difficult on there, particularly during peak times. Last time I tried it on a Friday night, DoorDash spent about an hour trying to find a driver, which I’ve never encountered any other time with any other restaurant. My sense is that the DoorDash drivers hate it because the order is never ready when they arrive.

I had a Chick-Fil-a Grubhub order issue this weekend. The driver was sitting there for like 15 minutes. Then my estimated time changed by 30min and there was a new driver assigned. Then my order was canceled and apparently the store closed at 6pm on a Saturday.

Small burgers.

It took you 3 years to get so angry at being able to drink a beer with slider sized burgers at a fast food place to finally post this?

Somebody else bumped the thread, Columbo.

Hamburger
Double cheeseburger
2 bacon cheeseburgers
2 large fries

Still damn good though

Or they don't like getting screamed at every time they open a door.

Hamburger
Double cheeseburger
2 bacon cheeseburgers
2 large fries

Still damn good though

I’ve read that here before. They don’t yell at our local place

Small burgers.

Still really grumpy, these might help:

Small burgers.

So weird.

Small burgers.

So weird.
They are. It’s a strange rabbit hole you can go down. I provided the links as a joke obviously, but I am pretty sure I never thought to myself that I really liked hearing someone chew on a cheeseburger.

Hamburger
Double cheeseburger
2 bacon cheeseburgers
2 large fries

Still damn good though

I’ve read that here before. They don’t yell at our local place
None of them near me do that. I did hear it once when I was traveling, don't remember where.

I'd just like to check in again and say Five Guys is absurdly expensive, but I've never heard them yell at me, nor chase me down on the street and assault me with peanuts. (Only been to two locations, though, so there's that.)

I'd just like to check in again and say Five Guys is absurdly expensive, but I've never heard them yell at me, nor chase me down on the street and assault me with peanuts. (Only been to two locations, though, so there's that.)
My wife and I only spend 5-6 bucks more there than at Wendy’s

Loaded cheeseburger, fries and vanilla shake from 5G is pretty much my death row meal. But nowadays I’m still paying for it the next couple days with bowel issues. Only reason I still go back is because I underestimate the agony that is about to ensue. I can’t decide if the suffering is worth it or not. Some part of my brain obviously believes it is.

Their fries are the best anywhere, especially if you get them still piping hot. Five Guys via a delivery app is a complete waste imo.

Five Guys ends up significantly more than that for me, but Wendy's usually has pretty good offers in the app and I usually order through that. Right now, I see stuff in the Wendy's app for buy one sandwich, get another for $1; or $3 off any $15 purchase. Five Guys never offers stuff like that.

Five Guys ends up significantly more than that for me, but Wendy's usually has pretty good offers in the app and I usually order through that. Right now, I see stuff in the Wendy's app for buy one sandwich, get another for $1; or $3 off any $15 purchase. Five Guys never offers stuff like that.
Good to know. I don’t have any apps for restaraunt, I’ll check it out thanks

Five Guys is absurdly expensive

This and other posts caused me to Google the local menu in Virginia Beach. I have liked 5 Guys when I have eaten it in the past, but these prices are pretty outrageous IMO:

Little Cheeseburger $10.19
One fresh, hand-formed patty hot off the grill with a slice of Kraft American cheese. Add as many toppings as you want.

Little Cajun Fries $5.99
Freshly made boardwalk-style fries, cooked in pure, cholesterol-free, 100% peanut oil, and then showered with a heavy dose of Cajun spice. Cut fresh and cooked twice – firm on the outside and mashed potato on the inside.

Coke Bottle $3.47
Delicious and refreshing, one-of-a-kind taste to complete your meal.

That is representative of what I might order for myself, though I would prefer to split the fries with someone if possible. Fountain drinks weren't listed, but assume that price is similar.

With tax, that is basically $21. I can't imagine that is only $5 more than a single burger/fries/drink meal at Wendy's.

Good to know. I don’t have any apps for restaraunt, I’ll check it out thanks
Chick-Fil-A is putting in separate drive-through lanes for app orders, it rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread