What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Five Guys thread, a 130+ page swordfight. (1 Viewer)

Been a little while since I read this runaway train... But if we are just comparing random food, shut it down, Katz Reuben
I love the Reuben, but much as I was saying about the sausage/beef combo above, I prefer straight up pastrami on rye with mustard from Katz's. No cheese, no condiments other than mustard. I ate two entire pastrami sandwiches last May when I was there - they dare you to eat one, ha !

BTW : this thread has gone completely off the rails. I feel like I should change the title again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a little while since I read this runaway train... But if we are just comparing random food, shut it down, Katz Reuben
I love the Reuben, but much as I was saying about the sausage/beef combo above, I prefer straight up pastrami on rye with mustard from Katz's. No cheese, no condiments other than mustard. I ate two entire pastrami sandwiches last May when I was there - they dare you to eat one, ha !

BTW : this thread has gone completely off the rails. I feel like I should change the title again.
We'll work our way back to Five Guys, no doubt.

If I recap this as "I haven't eaten one, and I don't like your explanation of why it's better, so I'm going to assume that it isn't" will you be upset? Or should I add "I didn't read the part where you said it's simmering in gravy all day?"
Italian Beef is cooked all day too. So it's the gravy?

yes, that recap would upset me very much.

How does someone eat 2? That is insane... I weigh about 225, so I'm no runway model, but I couldn't imagine taking back a second.

Katz is my fav deli... Others like Carnegie or 2nd Ave, but I think Katz is the best!

Wife and I usually split a Reuben, Hot Dog, Knish, & french fries and sometimes don't finish.

If I recap this as "I haven't eaten one, and I don't like your explanation of why it's better, so I'm going to assume that it isn't" will you be upset? Or should I add "I didn't read the part where you said it's simmering in gravy all day?"
Italian Beef is cooked all day too. So it's the gravy?

yes, that recap would upset me very much.
I don't understand why this is hard to get.

so you're saying this sandwich is definitively better than the other two? no doubt about it?

I'm not sure I was being serious earlier. I didn't realize how serious you guys take your debris. I'm sure it's awesome and would love to try one.

so you're saying this sandwich is definitively better than the other two? no doubt about it?
I think the last time I said anything about one thing being better than the other, it was the post about Beef on Weck, and what I said was "Doesn't hold a candle to an Acme Ten Napkin Roast Beef Po'boy, in my opinion, but that's personal taste."

And in my opinion, no doubt about it, I like a good roast beef po'boy more than an italian beef sandwich. No doubt about it for me.

How about you? Oh, right, you haven't had one of them. Well, please, regale me with your arguments anyway.

:lmao:

serious eats in here.

(see my previous edit please. tia).
How often, in your actual life, do people slap you?
I don't understand how we got here, but I thought this was a mostly shtick thread and we were trash talking based on food we liked.

if I upset you to the point where you want to hit me, I apologize.

I will never say another negative word about debris or po boys.

serious eats in here.

I don't understand how we got here, but I thought this was a mostly shtick thread and we were trash talking based on food we liked.

Yeah Henry may be just a tad too emotionally involved here.

I've met Rude. Twice. I'd like nothing more than to give him a big high five and have a pitcher of cheap domestic beers with him.

And, also....a WHIZITY WICK WICK WIT WECK!!11 :excited: :excited: :excited:

serious eats in here.

Dude you came across as a major tool in this thread. :2cents:

Aaron Rudnicki said:
also, I'll take a Beef on Weck from Buffalo or an Italian Beef from Chicago over your Beef Debris Po Boy any day of the week.
this is why I'm an #######?

if you grow up eating something, don't you tend to prefer it over stuff you haven't tried yet? Not sure why this upset the debris crowd so much. I said it was my own preference.

geez.

serious eats in here.

I also think this is a mostly shtick thread and we are trash talking based on food we like.

serious eats in here.

It's the Friday before Mardi Gras and I'm at work.

I'm not actually concerned with whether Aaron wants to eat a po'boy.

How does someone eat 2? That is insane... I weigh about 225, so I'm no runway model, but I couldn't imagine taking back a second.

Katz is my fav deli... Others like Carnegie or 2nd Ave, but I think Katz is the best!

Wife and I usually split a Reuben, Hot Dog, Knish, & french fries and sometimes don't finish.
I'm about 185#, can get through two with no issue at all. I had pickles and fries (split with the wife, not a whole order) on top of the two sandwiches.

I also think this is a mostly shtick thread and we are trash talking based on food we like.
yeah, but now 36th Chamber doesn't like me so things got real.
Maybe you should eat an inferior beef sandwich and cry softly into your pillow tonight as punishment.
might have to hit this instead:

https://www.facebook.com/Edzos/photos/a.429221533719.206994.294223848719/10152046712553720/?type=1&relevant_count=1

Maybe you should eat an inferior beef sandwich and cry softly into your pillow tonight as punishment.

https://www.facebook.com/Edzos/photos/a.429221533719.206994.294223848719/10152046712553720/?type=1&relevant_count=1
Perfect. Ruin some wonderful corned beef by covering it in thousand island dressing and sauerkraut. I think that will be plenty of punishment.

I would tear that the f### up.

I would tear that the f### up.
Seriously. Reuben fries should be a more universal dish.

I'm about 185#, can get through two with no issue at all. I had pickles and fries (split with the wife, not a whole order) on top of the two sandwiches.
That is ####### crazy.... Those sandwiches are huge! If I'm starving I can hammer one out, but 2 is only on a bet - That would leave me full beyond comfort.

That is ####### crazy.... Those sandwiches are huge! If I'm starving I can hammer one out, but 2 is only on a bet - That would leave me full beyond comfort.
I did, however, walk across the Brooklyn Bridge before hand to work up an appetite. But I ate 2 dirty water dogs on the way across, too, so maybe that doesn't count in my favor.

serious eats in here.

Just pickin

serious eats in here.

Just pickin
It doesn't matter any more. I'm the last one in the office, and I'm breaking out the booze.

serious eats in here.

Just pickin
It doesn't matter any more. I'm the last one in the office, and I'm breaking out the booze.
I left work an hour early just because. Now I am packing a bowl so :hifive:

Chicago Beef rules. Unbelievably good.

It's right up there with the Rhode Island Style Hot Weiner as the best food on the planet, almost as good.

When you guys order these "po' boys" do you just say "poor boy" or do you go for it and give it the complete James Carville and say something like "pwa bwoi"? I don't think i could ever get one of these things because I'd be too embarrassed to say it. Kind of reminds me of going to Baja Fresh back in the day when it was good. They had something called a Burrito Mexicano. When you ordered it you could do the americanized version and say mexicano while pronouncing the x (mecks-ee-ca-no), or you could go silent x and say it authentically (me-he-ca-no) but both felt a little weird. Of course if you decided to go silent x then you could also roll the double rr's in burrito and give it the full Monteblan but I never went there. After a couple of visits just ended up going with a different burrito.

When you guys order these "po' boys" do you just say "poor boy" or do you go for it and give it the complete James Carville and say something like "pwa bwoi"? I don't think i could ever get one of these things because I'd be too embarrassed to say it. Kind of reminds me of going to Baja Fresh back in the day when it was good. They had something called a Burrito Mexicano. When you ordered it you could do the americanized version and say mexicano while pronouncing the x (mecks-ee-ca-no), or you could go silent x and say it authentically (me-he-ca-no) but both felt a little weird. Of course if you decided to go silent x then you could also roll the double rr's in burrito and give it the full Monteblan but I never went there. After a couple of visits just ended up going with a different burrito.
Do you ever order a gyro?

Gave those up for same reason.

Gave those up for same reason.
I figured that might be the case

Just opened a new Shake Shack by me... Going now, fairly excited :thumbup:
Summer of 2009 I worked right by Madison Park, which is where Shake Shacks first/flagship location is... I used to go early and beat the line, I remembered it being delicious... The new Brooklyn Heights location has the exact same menu/ingredients/etc, but I was underwhelmed by meal.

This article compares FG/INO/SS:

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/05/in-n-out-vs-five-guys-vs-shake-shack-the-first-bi-coastal-side-by-side-taste-test.html

Shake Shack and Five Guys are priced similarly, but I'll prob continue going to FG as I think it is better. My wife agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread