What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Five Guys thread, a 130+ page swordfight. (3 Viewers)

Day 1 in So Cal. Like 1000's of others, first stop is In N Out.

No one has ever said that about 5Losers.

$13 for two double doubles with fries and drink.

The fries were awesome, but I had to ask for help opening the salt packet. Tear in the right corner Rud!!!
Like thousands of lemmings, yes.

It's ok drunk food and every so often their burgers are worth a shot.

But if you are going to go out of your way and want a real treat while in LA, find a location of The Hat. Worth a half hour drive, EASY.

Best pastrami dpi and chili fries anywhere. Period.
What is a pastrami dpi?And if you are getting pastrami in Los Angeles and don't include Langer's in the conversation then you...well you're missing something.
And as good as Langers is, I'm including Katz's Deli and all NY comers, and The Hat is the best Pastrami I've ever had.

http://www.thehat.com/
:no: :speechless:
Have you had the Pastrami Dip at The Hat?
No, but I just can't believe any Pastrami (or corned beef) could be better than Katz... It's just too delicious.
Great, more New Yorkers and their magic water.

Way to put their Bat signal Koya.

Okay so we've settled the fact that In-N-Out>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Five Guys and that the Phili Cheesesteak is just another sandwich.

What's next?
Moved to San Diego a month ago. I had 5G within the week before I left VA and had INO a couple weeks ago. IMO:

5G burger > INO burger

5G fries >> INO fries.
Just a skirmish, the war is over man In-N-Out crushed 5G.And the cheesesteak is JAS.

Don't hang on to a lost cause, it's just sad.
Perhaps you missed this :shrug:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=703805&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

I guess Chaka's word is the deciding factor though.

Okay so we've settled the fact that In-N-Out>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Five Guys and that the Phili Cheesesteak is just another sandwich.

What's next?
Moved to San Diego a month ago. I had 5G within the week before I left VA and had INO a couple weeks ago. IMO:

5G burger > INO burger

5G fries >> INO fries.
Just a skirmish, the war is over man In-N-Out crushed 5G.And the cheesesteak is JAS.

Don't hang on to a lost cause, it's just sad.
Perhaps you missed this :shrug:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=703805&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

I guess Chaka's word is the deciding factor though.
Please. That poll is completely skewed by the size of each franchise and you know it.

In-N-Out won, just move on.

ETA: And the reason McDonalds didn't fare better is because nobody has the courage to admit they eat there. If you were to judge by what people say in here you would think McDonalds was a little mom'n'pop in Butte Montana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chaka said:
fantasycurse42 said:
Koya said:
fantasycurse42 said:
Koya said:
Chaka said:
Koya said:
Getzlaf15 said:

The fries were awesome, but I had to ask for help opening the salt packet. Tear in the right corner Rud!!!

But if you are going to go out of your way and want a real treat while in LA, find a location of The Hat. Worth a half hour drive, EASY.

What is a pastrami dpi?And if you are getting pastrami in Los Angeles and don't include Langer's in the conversation then you...well you're missing something.
And as good as Langers is, I'm including Katz's Deli and all NY comers, and The Hat is the best Pastrami I've ever had.

No, but I just can't believe any Pastrami (or corned beef) could be better than Katz... It's just too delicious.

I have no idea what any of this means.

Chaka said:
fantasycurse42 said:
Koya said:
fantasycurse42 said:
Koya said:
Chaka said:
Koya said:
Getzlaf15 said:

I have no idea what any of this means.
Apparently New York gets their water directly from Hogwarts which is why you can't make good pizza or bagels anywhere else in the world.

And Shake was delicious. And there is nothing like tasting the piping hot burger and the ice cold tomato and lettuce at the same time.

What's next?
I didn't realize this was settled... Also as a lifelong NYer, I'd say Philly Cheesesteaks dominate what I can find locally.
He's trying to slip that one by us
The cheesesteak is fine but it's JAS.

Let's move on guys. We know the best sushi, wine and Mexican food is in California and we'll give NY their pizza because no one wants to argue about the mystical properties of their magic water. Might just have to concede Italian food as a whole to NY as well. Deli food too (although there is plenty good deli in Los Angeles it's just not on the scale that NY has to offer).

So what about BBQ? I gotta say that if your BBQ requires you to slather on gallons of molasses & ketchup based sauces then your BBQ pretty much sucks.

So, eliminating BBQ sauce based BBQ because it sucks, which cities make do the best dry rub BBQing? We may have to break it down into beef v pork too.

What's next?
I didn't realize this was settled... Also as a lifelong NYer, I'd say Philly Cheesesteaks dominate what I can find locally.

Let's move on guys. We know the best sushi, wine and Mexican food is in California and we'll give NY their pizza because no one wants to argue about the mystical properties of their magic water. Might just have to concede Italian food as a whole to NY as well. Deli food too (although there is plenty good deli in Los Angeles it's just not on the scale that NY has to offer).

So what about BBQ? I gotta say that if your BBQ requires you to slather on gallons of molasses & ketchup based sauces then your BBQ pretty much sucks.

So, eliminating BBQ sauce based BBQ because it sucks, which cities make do the best dry rub BBQing? We may have to break it down into beef v pork too.
BBQ is a thread unto itself. Texas is way different than NC say (beef vs. pork as just the beginning). Ribs or Shoulder... list goes on and on.

But it's definitely not NY.

And Shake was delicious. And there is nothing like tasting the piping hot burger and the ice cold tomato and lettuce at the same time.
No doubt.
Honestly this was way ahead of its time. I dont understand why it didnt catch on, I guess because most habitual fast food people dont care enough about quality? There's a reason most sit down/service restaurants serve the bun and cold toppings off to the side of the actual burger.

What's next?

Take this elsewhere or start a thread - which Im pretty sure there already are plenty on BBQ. No need to muddy up this thread where the majority thinks 5G's provides a better burger and fries than INO so you can I guess try to sidestep this fact.

What's next?
The cheesesteak is fine but it's JAS.Let's move on guys. We know the best sushi, wine and Mexican food is in California and we'll give NY their pizza because no one wants to argue about the mystical properties of their magic water. Might just have to concede Italian food as a whole to NY as well. Deli food too (although there is plenty good deli in Los Angeles it's just not on the scale that NY has to offer).

It really doesn't shock me that an in-n-out supporter hates BBQ sauce and deep dish pizza.

Think the sweet spot might be Carl's Jr. Super Star combo, sub onion rings or criss-cut fries with a shake no whip. Pull up and out in 5 minutes.

No shakes at 5G and In-N-out can be 15+ minutes.

Carl's not as good as In-N-Out but satisfying enough and so much quicker.

Only thing 5G has is superior fries. Which will bring me in now and again. Think I need to time that when I'm in a mood for a hotdog.

What's next?
The cheesesteak is fine but it's JAS.Let's move on guys. We know the best sushi, wine and Mexican food is in California and we'll give NY their pizza because no one wants to argue about the mystical properties of their magic water. Might just have to concede Italian food as a whole to NY as well. Deli food too (although there is plenty good deli in Los Angeles it's just not on the scale that NY has to offer).

It really doesn't shock me that an in-n-out supporter hates BBQ sauce and deep dish pizza.
In-N-Out>>>>>>>5G has been settled and 5G lost so carrying the torch like that just makes me sad for you.

I love Chicago style pizza but it foolish not to concede pizza to NY.

BBQ sauce is only viable as a way to mask poorly prepared meat. If you cook the meat properly it is a travesty to drown it in that super secret BBQ sauce your great grandpappy passed down to you (i.e. ketchup and molasses).

Think the sweet spot might be Carl's Jr. Super Star combo, sub onion rings or criss-cut fries with a shake no whip. Pull up and out in 5 minutes.

No shakes at 5G and In-N-out can be 15+ minutes.

Carl's not as good as In-N-Out but satisfying enough and so much quicker.

Only thing 5G has is superior fries. Which will bring me in now and again. Think I need to time that when I'm in a mood for a hotdog.
I gotta admit I am a big fan of the onion rings and it's been a long time since I ate at Carls but IIRC the burger was surprisingly above average.

In-N-Out>>>>>>>5G has been settled and 5G lost so carrying the torch like that just makes me sad for you.I love Chicago style pizza but it foolish not to concede pizza to NY.

BBQ sauce is only viable as a way to mask poorly prepared meat. If you cook the meat properly it is a travesty to drown it in that super secret BBQ sauce your great grandpappy passed down to you (i.e. ketchup and molasses).
It appears we have moved from warp speed straight to plad :lmao:

What's next?

In-N-Out>>>>>>>5G has been settled and 5G lost so carrying the torch like that just makes me sad for you.

We don't allow nets here. Hooks only please.

What's next?

If you think BBQ sauce is always made from ketchup and molasses, it is just further proof that you know nothing about food except how to order it through a clown's head.

5G burger > INO burger

5G fries >> INO fries

Of course, 5G costs a fair amount more than INO. So, as with most things, it's a case of getting what you pay for. 5G is better food for higher price.

More importantly, I went to Burger Lounge yesterday, which completely blows both 5G and INO away. I'd happily pay more for Burger Lounge from here on out than ever eating again at 5G or INO.
Burger Lounge has the best patties, but their buns are top big IMO. And they don't give you enough cheese.

What's next?

We don't allow nets here. Hooks only please.
This thread won't get to 100 pages without a little push every now and again.

I had Fatburger for lunch today. It was waaay more average than I remembered. Maybe it's the location but my Large fatburger was just ok, and they don't salt their fat-fries. The heck!?!?

What's next?

If you think BBQ sauce is always made from ketchup and molasses, it is just further proof that you know nothing about food except how to order it through a clown's head.
Whatever you say Emeril. I will try very hard not let the pity I feel for you reflect in my posts.

5G burger > INO burger

5G fries >> INO fries

Of course, 5G costs a fair amount more than INO. So, as with most things, it's a case of getting what you pay for. 5G is better food for higher price.

More importantly, I went to Burger Lounge yesterday, which completely blows both 5G and INO away. I'd happily pay more for Burger Lounge from here on out than ever eating again at 5G or INO.
Burger Lounge has the best patties, but their buns are top big IMO. And they don't give you enough cheese.
Good burger. And they have the best veggie burger I have ever tried, no soy, excellent texture and lots of flavor.

Organic Quinoa, Brown Rice, Zucchini, Garbanzo, Carrot, Corn, Chipotle
Surprisingly delicious.

5G burger > INO burger

5G fries >> INO fries

Good burger. And they have the best veggie burger I have ever tried, no soy, excellent texture and lots of flavor.
Surprisingly delicious.
Boy, that does sound tasty. This kind of recommendation is the hallmark of a guy who knows his BBQ.

5G burger > INO burger

5G fries >> INO fries

Surprisingly delicious.
Boy, that does sound tasty. This kind of recommendation is the hallmark of a guy who knows his BBQ.
I am sure they could provide you with plenty of extra ketchup, but it's BYOM.

Maurile Tremblay said:

5G burger > INO burger

5G fries >> INO fries

Not even talking about establishments discussed in here, but this really deserves its own thread. Whats the deal with hamburger buns, bagels, sub rolls, ciabatta, etc always being cut so the top is like 75% of said bread, and the bottom is like 25%? Bunch of math dropouts slicing buns at the Schwebel's factory?!

Maurile Tremblay said:

5G burger > INO burger

5G fries >> INO fries

Not even talking about establishments discussed in here, but this really deserves its own thread. Whats the deal with hamburger buns, bagels, sub rolls, ciabatta, etc always being cut so the top is like 75% of said bread, and the bottom is like 25%? Bunch of math dropouts slicing buns at the Schwebel's factory?!
I think he meant to type "too" big.

Maurile Tremblay said:

5G burger > INO burger

5G fries >> INO fries

Yes, but I like the direction KP took it.

Maurile Tremblay said:

5G burger > INO burger

5G fries >> INO fries

Yes, but I like the direction KP took it.
Thank you, and I stand by my statement. :grad:

Why doesn't every fast food place have a shake machine like In-N-Out? They just pull a lever and a shake comes out. No "making" a shake. It's ready to go and consistent. Better tasting then all the other places too.

Peanuts instead of shakes is weak.

Why doesn't every fast food place have a shake machine like In-N-Out? They just pull a lever and a shake comes out. No "making" a shake. It's ready to go and consistent. Better tasting then all the other places too.

Most places use something frozen for their shakes.

What does that even mean? In-N-Out has the best shakes for fast-food places. Don't care how they do it.

What does that even mean? In-N-Out has the best shakes for fast-food places. Don't care how they do it.
Cool.It means they make two claims: their shakes are made from real ice cream; and they don't have a freezer on site.

Their shake mixture is proprietary. That's why not everyone does it. It's a non-frozen mixture they pour into a machine.

Cool.It means they make two claims: their shakes are made from real ice cream; and they don't have a freezer on site.

Their shake mixture is proprietary. That's why not everyone does it. It's a non-frozen mixture they pour into a machine.
Hey now. I thought we were keeping the lawyering confined to that one thread.

Hey now. I thought we were keeping the lawyering confined to that one thread.
This isn't lawyering.

Yeah, sorry....100 times out of 100 I'll take a shake made with real ice cream over something from a bag dumped into a freezer. Is there really a question about that?

Yup. They actually returned my email with a phone call (talk about excellent customer service) confirming that is their shake process.

You seem to know a lot about the whole shake process (if nothing about BBQ, but that's for another post) aren't there a lot of formulas that could be used in that process? You have said that they are allowed to use minimal dairy but are they required to? I know they probably don't but couldn't they primarily use a mixture of cream, milk, sugar and vanilla extract? That wouldn't require a freezer.

Either way their shakes are better than anything 5G has on the menu.

I'm in a suburb of LA, CA.

A Five Guys opened up (inexplicably) in the same shopping complex as an In-n-Out.

Genius move, or more likely arrogant move on their part. Opening a restaurant next door to IN-n-Out..
Just realized this is about 5 miles away from my place. Northridge? 5 Guys & In-N-Out right next to each other, with a Chick-Fil-A across the street. Might have to organize a tasting session soon and settle this once and for all.

In N Out fest is over. 6 times in nine days. Awesome each time. We did the fries extra crispy last time and won't ever being doing that again.

Users who are viewing this thread