Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Evilgrin 72

Five Guys thread, a 130+ page swordfight.

Now that Bob from The Chive says In-N-Out >>>>>>>>5G I think we can put this to bed.

Meatheads - Smashburger - Tom & Eddie's - Fuddruckers are all better than 5 Guys IMHO

Meatheads has the same fresh cut fries and better burger offerings - Smashburger and Tom & Eddie's have milkshakes that are ridiculous and Smashburger's olive oil rosemary & garlic seasoned "smash fries" are awesome, while Tom & Eddie's has better gourmet burger offerings - Fuddruckers has been doing gourmet burgers for about 3 decades and has held a place near and dear to my heart since I discovered them in Houston back in the '80s. 5 Guys is good but there are better offerings out there for the same price point.

No In & Outs here in Chicagoland

:kicksrock:

So to throw in another sandwich place. Had Jimmy Johns for the first time a couple of days ago. Absolutely not seeing it. Really my grocery store deli makes a better sub. It was very pedestrian and that's being generous.

• Like 2

So to throw in another sandwich place. Had Jimmy Johns for the first time a couple of days ago. Absolutely not seeing it. Really my grocery store deli makes a better sub. It was very pedestrian and that's being generous.

yeah, place is gross. never understood it either ncc

Well damn....now I get the disconnect. How is "best burger" in a state from a chain? I don't know how that's even possible.

They picked a chain in DC too; one that is nowhere near best burger in DC. Odd list.

This is what I go to the Chive for - Bad Ideas for the Weekend. Stick with what people are good at.

Yeah, I remember one opening up in school, and just remember thinking of it as a cheap, crappy sub alternative to Subway. I haven't had one since then, but I've been surprised to hear people speaking pretty highly of it.

Well damn....now I get the disconnect. How is "best burger" in a state from a chain? I don't know how that's even possible.

They picked a chain in DC too; one that is nowhere near best burger in DC. Odd list.

This is what I go to the Chive for - Bad Ideas for the Weekend. Stick with what people are good at.

Agree. Hump day and Mind the Gap mondays are :wub:

• Like 1

FLBP doesn't hurt either. Well, not the viewer at least.

Hump Day is a favorite

FLBP doesn't hurt either. Well, not the viewer at least.

Pic number 25 this week was certainly all that.

It's not even that good of a chain. I paid $7 for a burger there, and a $5 burger at Five Guys is better.

Oh, and Five Guys is still overpriced.

I have yet to have a hoagie/sub or cheesesteak from a chain that is even close to as good as you get from any Mom & Pop place here in PIttsburgh (probably true for any city)

I just noticed that the whole burger list is a plagiarism of a Business Insider list. Down to the same exact pictures and text accompanying them. :lol:

Edited by Don Quixote

I have yet to have a hoagie/sub or cheesesteak from a chain that is even close to as good as you get from any Mom & Pop place here in PIttsburgh (probably true for any city)

Pittsburgh has good street food.

Doing some Moo Burger in an hour... Basically bc of the 50 pictures I looked at yesterday. Major diet buster :bag:

This thread is unhealthy for me.

Yeah, I remember one opening up in school, and just remember thinking of it as a cheap, crappy sub alternative to Subway. I haven't had one since then, but I've been surprised to hear people speaking pretty highly of it.

The JJ Gargantuan is about 400 billion times better than anything Subway can crank out.

Jimmy Johns sucks but it's because it's very overpriced, not because it's "cheap".

Jimmy John's sucks because those sandwiches can easily be made at home by most people.

Made a huge mistake today at lunch having to settle for Hardees and not waiting to get into Burger King(yes they both suck but I had limited choices and time).

Got the 1/3 lb Bacon Cheese Thickburger which was very bland and the fries were even worse.Thankfully the drink washed down what I could eat but Hardees(Carls Jr to some)is now on my never visit list.Horrible.

8 bucks wasted.

The JJ Gargantuan is about 400 billion times better than anything Subway can crank out.

This isn't exactly setting a very high bar GB. More like digging a hole in the ground. All you gotta do is step over it ;)

5 Beloved Restaurants That Are Seriously Overrated

Listen, I'm not saying In-N-Out makes a bad burger by any stretch of the imagination. They make ####### terrible fries. Like, almost the worst in existence. The burger is fine for the most part, though.

The thing is, people don't treat In-N-Out Burger like it makes a fine burger; people treat In-N-Out Burger like it cures cancer and performs other assorted miracles. I'd heard all of the over-the-top "It will change your life" kind of praise before I moved to Los Angeles, so, naturally, I was very much looking forward to investigating the hype once I arrived. I did. It was fine. Except for the fries, which, again, are total ###.

When I delivered this review to my new California friends, I was met with an almost universal response: "Well, you must not have ordered it the right way. You should have gotten it animal style.

First of all, grilled onions do not come from an animal. Also, I'd appreciate a little less pressure to put Thousand Island dressing on that ####. That is the worst dressing ever made. I would put raspberry vinaigrette on a burger before I'd consider that nonsense. Besides, that there is a "right" way to order is your first indication that you're dealing with an overrated sandwich.

There are burger places in this world that are so confident in their wares that they expressly prohibit customers from making any special requests. Extra onions? Nope. Hold the garlic pesto mayo? Hold your tongue, you heathen. Don't get me wrong, I hate that ####, too, but at least places like that earn their reputation based on the quality of the food, as opposed to the amount of prep time and detective work it takes to place a palatable order.

Speaking of that, what's with all the secrecy around the menu? If an item is available for the ordering, ####### tell us. I shouldn't have to consult Snopes to make sure that what I'm ordering actually exists. That #### should just be on the menu where I can order it.

Then again, why do they have a ####### menu at all? From every report I've seen or heard, you can kind of walk into In-N-Out and ask for just about anything and they'll make it for you. Someone ordered a burger with 100 patties once and they made it without question. If you ask me, a business that adheres to "the customer is always right" with that much vigor probably has some kind of ulterior motive.

Also, they don't have bacon. Not on their real menu, and not on that secret menu that people love so much. Does the Internet know this? I personally feel like a lot of false In-N-Out fandom would be destroyed if this glaring lack of available salty pork was a fact more people knew about. There should be laws on the books that force burger joints to serve bacon. It is a vital part of the experience. Even if you don't initially order bacon on your burger, it's at least nice knowing there's some around if the taste goes south halfway through and you have to call in reinforcements. This is not an option at In-N-Out Burger, and that alone should be enough to remove it from contention for the title of America's best burger restaurant.

Also, Fatburger is every bit as awesome as that Ice Cube song made it seem. If you're visiting California and must eat at a burger chain, go there.

Edited by Officer Pete Malloy
  • Like 1

Listen, I'm not saying In-N-Out makes a bad burger by any stretch of the imagination. They make ####### terrible fries. Like, almost the worst in existence. The burger is fine for the most part, though.

The thing is, people don't treat In-N-Out Burger like it makes a fine burger; people treat In-N-Out Burger like it cures cancer and performs other assorted miracles. I'd heard all of the over-the-top "It will change your life" kind of praise before I moved to Los Angeles, so, naturally, I was very much looking forward to investigating the hype once I arrived. I did. It was fine. Except for the fries, which, again, are total ###.

When I delivered this review to my new California friends, I was met with an almost universal response: "Well, you must not have ordered it the right way. You should have gotten it animal style.

First of all, grilled onions do not come from an animal. Also, I'd appreciate a little less pressure to put Thousand Island dressing on that ####. That is the worst dressing ever made. I would put raspberry vinaigrette on a burger before I'd consider that nonsense. Besides, that there is a "right" way to order is your first indication that you're dealing with an overrated sandwich.

There are burger places in this world that are so confident in their wares that they expressly prohibit customers from making any special requests. Extra onions? Nope. Hold the garlic pesto mayo? Hold your tongue, you heathen. Don't get me wrong, I hate that ####, too, but at least places like that earn their reputation based on the quality of the food, as opposed to the amount of prep time and detective work it takes to place a palatable order.

Speaking of that, what's with all the secrecy around the menu? If an item is available for the ordering, ####### tell us. I shouldn't have to consult Snopes to make sure that what I'm ordering actually exists. That #### should just be on the menu where I can order it.

Then again, why do they have a ####### menu at all? From every report I've seen or heard, you can kind of walk into In-N-Out and ask for just about anything and they'll make it for you. Someone ordered a burger with 100 patties once and they made it without question. If you ask me, a business that adheres to "the customer is always right" with that much vigor probably has some kind of ulterior motive.

Also, they don't have bacon. Not on their real menu, and not on that secret menu that people love so much. Does the Internet know this? I personally feel like a lot of false In-N-Out fandom would be destroyed if this glaring lack of available salty pork was a fact more people knew about. There should be laws on the books that force burger joints to serve bacon. It is a vital part of the experience. Even if you don't initially order bacon on your burger, it's at least nice knowing there's some around if the taste goes south halfway through and you have to call in reinforcements. This is not an option at In-N-Out Burger, and that alone should be enough to remove it from contention for the title of America's best burger restaurant.

Also, Fatburger is every bit as awesome as that Ice Cube song made it seem. If you're visiting California and must eat at a burger chain, go there.

/end thread

Isn't there a KFC you should be eating at?

White Castle was on that list. Place should be illegal.

WC is what it is - and for that is awesome.

I had in & out two weeks ago tonight. Drive thru line was about 30 cars so had to brave the elements and go inside. Got two double-doubles and 2 fries to go. Stellar. Not sure how anyone could hate on that burger. For $3 and change nothing comes close. Always fresh and never a bad batch. Same every time. Fries were perfect. Just exactly what you'd expect french fried potatoes to taste like. No frills. Piping hot.

• Like 3

I had in & out two weeks ago tonight. Drive thru line was about 30 cars so had to brave the elements and go inside. Got two double-doubles and 2 fries to go. Stellar. Not sure how anyone could hate on that burger. For $3 and change nothing comes close. Always fresh and never a bad batch. Same every time. Fries were perfect. Just exactly what you'd expect french fried potatoes to taste like. No frills. Piping hot.

Excellent posting.

The author of the article can't even spell his middle name right.

I move that his testimony be stricken from the record!

This isn't exactly setting a very high bar GB. More like digging a hole in the ground. All you gotta do is step over it ;)

:lmao: Very true.

Isn't there a KFC you should be eating at?

I haven't had KFC in probably 10 years.

They always come after the best and the best keeps on winning.

I still can't get over the fact that in that area of the country, a chain has the "best burger" :mellow: That D.C. has the same issue is just icing on the cake.

I still can't get over the fact that in that area of the country, a chain has the "best burger" :mellow: That D.C. has the same issue is just icing on the cake.

It's just one guy making a list and putting it on the internet. It's not a fact. Obviously there are many better burgers in the state.

Yep. Have no idea why the fries get a bad rap. They are outstanding.

Yep. Have no idea why the fries get a bad rap. They are outstanding.

Just don't get this. Tasteless with poor texture. Other than that, great!

Again the Steak Fries at Fatburger are way better

Going to in and out for lunch ordering a double double and fries.

Going to in and out for lunch ordering a double double and fries.

Love them fries!

Take pics of how to open the salt packet for Rude. He's really missing out.

It's just one guy making a list and putting it on the internet. It's not a fact. Obviously there are many better burgers in the state.

According to this very thread, that's not possible :shrug:

You haven't read the thread then.

Don't bother.

Read plenty of it...all with the appropriate amount of sarcasm. Perhaps you should do the same. Though, I do find it funny that the guy mailed it in when it came to Cali and DC. Good shtick :thumbup:

Don't bother.

oooooooof

The fries are not good, guys. It's ok to admit it. You're among friends here.

You know who's fries are not good? Wendy's. I got roped into a road trip a few months back and hit a Wendy's for the first time in years. I couldn't believe how bad it was, the fries especially. Awful.

I'm convinced if In & Out just drenched their fries in salt that the haters would suddenly stop hating them. Don't understand why people hate them other than maybe that they don't over salt them. Potato>slicer>fryer>done. What's to hate about that?

Wendy's fries also terrible. Like everything on their menu besides the frosty and maybe the chicken sandwich.

Wendy's fries also terrible. Like everything on their menu besides the frosty and maybe the chicken sandwich.

I had the spicy chicken sandwich and it was on par with the fries. Awful. Dry, super thin with a spongy bun. I had something called a double-stack too which I took one bite of and threw out the window. Just vile.

• Like 1