What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Five Guys thread, a 130+ page swordfight. (1 Viewer)

You guys are going to flip when you get to eat some good fries one day. Sorry you're stuck with the worst fries in the fast food industry. At least the burgers are good though.

Should probably take your own advice and replace the fries with some delicious almonds.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: at a place selling burgers, fries, and shakes being framed as a pure healthy alternative.

I skip the In N Out fries and chew on ice cubes instead. Tastes much better.
Nobody is saying it's health food but there's no debate that In & Out trumps all comers in terms of quality of ingredients. We can all agree on that, can't we?
If the quality is so great, why is there no taste?
I'm going to call that "user error".
Everybody hates them except for the brainwashed who don't know any better. It happened.
Pretty sure that didn't happen either.

A very vocal minority in this thread hates them, which is fine, I think they could be improved but they would no longer be made to order. Not sure if that is a big deal or not.

:lmao: at a place selling burgers, fries, and shakes being framed as a pure healthy alternative.

Nobody is saying it's health food but there's no debate that In & Out trumps all comers in terms of quality of ingredients. We can all agree on that, can't we?
Because the preparation method is awful.
The method is simple. I saw a commercial the other day for some crappy pizza and the guy is dunking his pizza slice in some kind of pre packaged dip that came with it. You see that commercial and probably think that's the right way to eat pizza.
You probably think a slice of tomato on a piece of bread with cheese melted over it is pizza.

"Hey, it's a really quality tomato. They shouldn't have to actually prepare it!"

You guys are going to flip when you get to eat some good fries one day. Sorry you're stuck with the worst fries in the fast food industry. At least the burgers are good though.

Should probably take your own advice and replace the fries with some delicious almonds.
The worst fries in the fast food industry are jack in the box followed closely by Wendy's. I haven't eaten at BK in 15 years so no clue what's going on there.

Penn Station slices the potatoes right in front of you too. They are the best fries in the game and it isn't even close.

The method is simple. I saw a commercial the other day for some crappy pizza and the guy is dunking his pizza slice in some kind of pre packaged dip that came with it. You see that commercial and probably think that's the right way to eat pizza.
You probably think a slice of tomato on a piece of bread with cheese melted over it is pizza.

"Hey, it's a really quality tomato. They shouldn't have to actually prepare it!"
If the sauce, dough and cheese are all top notch quality then all you have to do is cook it at the right temp for the right period of time. You don't have to be Luigi Batali to know that.

The worst fries in the fast food industry are jack in the box followed closely by Wendy's. I haven't eaten at BK in 15 years so no clue what's going on there.
BK sucks
Whoa, whoa, you might piss off Aaron

You probably think a slice of tomato on a piece of bread with cheese melted over it is pizza."Hey, it's a really quality tomato. They shouldn't have to actually prepare it!"
If the sauce, dough and cheese are all top notch quality then all you have to do is cook it at the right temp for the right period of time. You don't have to be Luigi Batali to know that.
Right, but you have to make sauce out of the tomatoes. You don't just chop them up and call it sauce.

If I wanted a slightly undercooked potato, I wouldn't order "french fries."

WHY THOMAS KELLER LOVES IN-N-OUT BURGERI really respect a company that holds its ground when there is so much pressure to follow the “what’s next, what’s new” trend. In-N-Out’s quality lies in the simplicity of what it promises and delivers. To be able to do something over and over with integrity and excellence, even if it is fast food, is something to be truly admired. Don't get the hate for the fries either.

You probably think a slice of tomato on a piece of bread with cheese melted over it is pizza."Hey, it's a really quality tomato. They shouldn't have to actually prepare it!"
Right, but you have to make sauce out of the tomatoes. You don't just chop them up and call it sauce.
Oh boy.

Oh boy.
I think it's the whole "made from" issue his mind can't resolve.

Maybe a Domino's cookie pizza is more your speed

Don't forget the dipping sauce.

Penn Station slices the potatoes right in front of you too. They are the best fries in the game and it isn't even close.
In N Out slices the fries in front of you also. I've been to many InNout drive thrus where you can see them do this while in line.
Do they fry them twice? So the ones they are cutting aren't to order?
They use a can crusher like device to slice a whole potato at once. Then they fry them. :shrug:

In N Out slices the fries in front of you also. I've been to many InNout drive thrus where you can see them do this while in line.
They use a can crusher like device to slice a whole potato at once. Then they fry them. :shrug:
like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_svflxYM2w

like this?
They don't peel the spuds. That's where all the flavor is.

78 pages of I&O vs 5G, gotta love the FFA.

Just ate at my first Five Guys this past weekend.

Very average burger and terrible fries, not to mention waaay over-priced.

Carry on.
The changing thread title can be confusing. This is a 5G's thread. InO didn't get into the mix until years later. If anything, Fuddruckers was crowned champion early on and never refuted.

I have no idea what that is. Does Dominick's season their food really well or something?

Or get them to plop dos avocados into the fryer.

You can't really compare a 5g's burger to I&O because of cost. Really you need to compare 5g's burgers to other $12-$15 burgers. You can buy like 3 or 4 burgers at I&O for that price.

The bottom line:

If you want a fresh, high quality burger at a decent prices go to I&O.

If you want a greasy, medium quality burger and fries and over pay for both, stop on in to 5g's, get yelled at, and enjoy!
:lmao: @$12-$15 burgers

They're opening the first Dairy Queen in NYC near my office... I'm excited to bust my diet with a blizzard, but the food looks cheap on the menu, anyone ever eat their burgers/fries/etc?

They're opening the first Dairy Queen in NYC near my office... I'm excited to bust my diet with a blizzard, but the food looks cheap on the menu, anyone ever eat their burgers/fries/etc?
Completely hit or miss depending on location. At best, solid greasy spoon level burger for a hangover, at worst, shoe leather with a stale bun.

Fries at best, burger king before they changed the recipe, at worst undercooked Wendy's fries.

If it helps, I find the only decent DQ burgers are out in the middle of nowhere where it used to be a Tasty Freeze and was the only burger joint in town.

Sounds like a margherita pizza to me. You know the original pizza and still served in any good pizza place.

Sounds like a margherita pizza to me. You know the original pizza and still served in any good pizza place.
You know pizza has been around longer than Europeans have had tomatoes, right?

Modern pizza originated in Italy as Neapolitan flatbread. Legend has it the first pizza was a magherita pizza named after the queen. But that recipe traces back at least 30 years before that. Still that is the one that caught on and is considered the first modern pizza.

Sorely disappointed in my INO experience.

OK burger, bottom shelf frozen fries.
They suck but I don't think they are frozen
Look and taste just like the crap my wife tried to pass off on our kids last week, assumed they were. If they aren't, that is a special type of awful.
Sounds like you prefer your fries with special ingredients.

POTATOES, VEGETABLE OIL (SUNFLOWER, COTTONSEED, SOYBEAN, AND/OR CANOLA), SALT, DEXTROSE, DISODIUM DIHYDROGEN PYROPHOSPHATE, ANNATTO (VEGETABLE COLOR)
This. Maybe your taste buds are so screwed up from all these years of #### ingredients in your food that when you taste what an actual fried potato tastes like you can't handle it.
Or maybe I just like my fries to taste like they aren't frozen.

Like I said, hard to imagine making fresh fries taste that piss poor. :shrug:
Almost every fast food french fry you have ever eaten was frozen at one point or another. I think you mean that you don't like fries that taste like they have never been frozen.
Allow me to cut the frozen/not frozen part out of it. Irrelevant really.

Let me restate: The fries were awful. I think that sums it up well enough.

Seems I have offended a burger chain cult. :shrug:

Modern pizza originated in Italy as Neapolitan flatbread. Legend has it the first pizza was a magherita pizza named after the queen. But that recipe traces back at least 30 years before that. Still that is the one that caught on and is considered the first modern pizza.
Oh, the first modern pizza. Okay. And you think it was a slice of tomato on a piece of bread with cheese melted over it?

Oh, the first modern pizza. Okay. And you think it was a slice of tomato on a piece of bread with cheese melted over it?
Essentially:

According to popular tradition, in 1889, 28 years after the unification of Italy, during a visit to Naples of Queen Margherita of Savoy, wife of King Umberto I, chef Raffaele Esposito of Pizzeria Brandi and his wife created a pizza resembling the colors of the Italian flag, red (tomato), white (mozzarella) and green (basil). They named it after the Queen - Pizza Margherita.
Now it was on flat bread as that was the custom and it likely was lightly brushed with olive oil but essentially it's cheese and tomato.

Users who are viewing this thread