What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Five Guys thread, a 130+ page swordfight. (2 Viewers)

I think it's clear that it's time that the government regulate what a pizza is and is not.
what is the required percentage of cheese for the government to classify it as a pizza?
New York, Chicago, or St Louis style?
NY style of course - this is the only style for a pizza. A casserole with "pizza" ingredients is not a pizza.
I'm not a fan of the floppy, foldable, doughy, triangle shaped behemoth slices you call pizza. Nor am I a fan of a pizza that needs to be eaten like it's a cheesecake.

St Louis style is the only style for pizza!
While I agree that St Louis style pizza is great (certainly better than NY/Chicago styles), Detroit Style is the best, IMO
Unfortunately, Little Caesars has ruined Detroit's reputation for pizza.

"PIZZA PIZZA!"
Agreed. I can't stand their pizza (or their ads). That $5 Hot and Ready is vile. Although their Detroit Style (Pan Pan)... which they just started maybe 15 years ago... is decent.

might head down to the farmers market later today and buy some french fries. they don't fry them, cut them up, or do anything to do them.

you just grab a potato, sprinkle some salt on it, and then bite into it kind of like you would with an apple. you can't get fresher french fries than that. not sure why more restaurants aren't going with this style.
you should dip your potato into the INO government approved shake mix - perfect combination of salty and sweet

Sorely disappointed in my INO experience.

OK burger, bottom shelf frozen fries.
They suck but I don't think they are frozen
Look and taste just like the crap my wife tried to pass off on our kids last week, assumed they were. If they aren't, that is a special type of awful.
Sounds like you prefer your fries with special ingredients.

POTATOES, VEGETABLE OIL (SUNFLOWER, COTTONSEED, SOYBEAN, AND/OR CANOLA), SALT, DEXTROSE, DISODIUM DIHYDROGEN PYROPHOSPHATE, ANNATTO (VEGETABLE COLOR)
This. Maybe your taste buds are so screwed up from all these years of #### ingredients in your food that when you taste what an actual fried potato tastes like you can't handle it.
Or maybe I just like my fries to taste like they aren't frozen.

Like I said, hard to imagine making fresh fries taste that piss poor. :shrug:
Almost every fast food french fry you have ever eaten was frozen at one point or another. I think you mean that you don't like fries that taste like they have never been frozen.
Allow me to cut the frozen/not frozen part out of it. Irrelevant really.

Let me restate: The fries were awful. I think that sums it up well enough.

Seems I have offended a burger chain cult. :shrug:
Not at all. I would never allow myself to be offended by simple ignorance.
At least you never disputed they taste awful, so we have that in common.

Why are we debating the integrity of fry processing?

We did a pole where McD's won best fries easily (I agree), and I'm not even sure those are potatoes.

Maybe In&Out should watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2-LX9Z5VPc

Notice the soaking process!
Too bad they don't come out good. Greasy, mushy, undercooked sticks of meh. Can we all agree that the extra fry dump thing on top is a sham? They give you the exact amount of fries the order dictates only they use a smaller container. Can't believe people fall for that trick.
Back to proper fry consumption techniques, tell me, do you close the 5G bag on the way home when getting takeout?

Too bad they don't come out good. Greasy, mushy, undercooked sticks of meh. Can we all agree that the extra fry dump thing on top is a sham? They give you the exact amount of fries the order dictates only they use a smaller container. Can't believe people fall for that trick.
Back to proper fry consumption techniques, tell me, do you close the 5G bag on the way home when getting takeout?
I ate it there. They were under. No debate from anyone at the table on that point.

I ate it there. They were under. No debate from anyone at the table on that point.
Just checking.

I agree 5G aren't super crispy, but I like them.

Did you try them Animal Style?

I think it's clear that it's time that the government regulate what a pizza is and is not.
what is the required percentage of cheese for the government to classify it as a pizza?
NY style of course - this is the only style for a pizza. A casserole with "pizza" ingredients is not a pizza.
I'm not a fan of the floppy, foldable, doughy, triangle shaped behemoth slices you call pizza. Nor am I a fan of a pizza that needs to be eaten like it's a cheesecake.

While I agree that St Louis style pizza is great (certainly better than NY/Chicago styles), Detroit Style is the best, IMO
How do you distinguish that from guts spilled on the front lawn in Detroit?

might head down to the farmers market later today and buy some french fries. they don't fry them, cut them up, or do anything to do them.

you just grab a potato, sprinkle some salt on it, and then bite into it kind of like you would with an apple. you can't get fresher french fries than that. not sure why more restaurants aren't going with this style.
Is that called beast style?

I'm not a fan of the floppy, foldable, doughy, triangle shaped behemoth slices you call pizza. Nor am I a fan of a pizza that needs to be eaten like it's a cheesecake.St Louis style is the only style for pizza!
or the feared DOUBLE DECKER!

I get it... because there are lots of violence and murders in Detroit :lmao:

Too bad they don't come out good. Greasy, mushy, undercooked sticks of meh.

Can we all agree that the extra fry dump thing on top is a sham? They give you the exact amount of fries the order dictates only they use a smaller container. Can't believe people fall for that trick.
Too bad In & Out comes out bland and below average :shrug:

Maybe once they learn how to prepare them they will come out better tasting?

Don't agree with the whole list but would agree Arby's has the best fries of the fast food chains.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/justinabarca/the-definitive-ranking-of-fast-food-french-fries
Never had Arby's fries (or at least I don't remember).

From that list I'd put McD's #1, JitB curly fries #2, and Chick-Fil-A #3. Burger King has no business in the top 10.
Never had the majority of those options, but I agree with the bolded. Also, I have never had a krinkle-cut french fry that is any good at all. Del Taco's french fries are terrible

I've never eaten food from In & Out.
Neither have I.
You're not missing out on anything really.
Ultimately it is hard to argue against that point. Then again you could say the same thing about any of the places that have been mentioned in this thread.
Wrong.

If you have spent a decent amount of time in the LA area and have not tried The Hat, you are absolutely missing out (small chain, like half a dozen LA area locations).

Don't agree with the whole list but would agree Arby's has the best fries of the fast food chains.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/justinabarca/the-definitive-ranking-of-fast-food-french-fries
They finally put a Chic-fil-a out here and while i was fan of the sandwich, the waffle fries were disappointing. Leathery almost.
CFA is another brand that has become more "cool" than it is good. That's not to say it's not tasty because they have some nice chicken sammiches, but it's hardly otherworldly.

Final analysis: Tasty, but not worth being called a bigot for.

Arby's seasoned curly fries are awesome.

Chik-Fil-A fries are ok. I usually skip them though.
Arby's has awesome curly fries. Too bad the rest of the menu is questionable to say the least.
horsey sauce

I get it... because there are lots of violence and murders in Detroit :lmao:
Or that your preferred pizza looks like someone took a bloody crap on the front lawn in July.

Arby's has awesome curly fries. Too bad the rest of the menu is questionable to say the least.
yeah I have to agree the rest of the menu isn't that great.

I usually go for the French Dip& Swiss with a large Curly Fries and I'm good but don't really care for much else.Used to love the Beef and Cheddar's but they were pretty bad the last time I tried one.

horsey sauce
Arby's Sauce is still perhaps my fav fast food condiment.

And while it's of questionable origin (as if that's ever stopped me before), I do love their Roast Beef.

We had the same curly fries at college, and for a year, it was the most awesome thing ever. After four years of those fries I took (literally) a 15 year break from them. Just now getting back in the groove.

It's somewhat sad that there is no real competitor for a hot Roast Beef sandwich. Roy Rogers used to have one but it got sketchy as the chain faltered, and Hardees had one, but it was years ago, long before they become Carl's Jr.

Am I the only one who loves Wendy's spicy chicken nuggets drizzled with the flavoring packets meant for their chili? Sooo good.

horsey sauce

And while it's of questionable origin (as if that's ever stopped me before), I do love their Roast Beef.

We had the same curly fries at college, and for a year, it was the most awesome thing ever. After four years of those fries I took (literally) a 15 year break from them. Just now getting back in the groove.

It's somewhat sad that there is no real competitor for a hot Roast Beef sandwich. Roy Rogers used to have one but it got sketchy as the chain faltered, and Hardees had one, but it was years ago, long before they become Carl's Jr.
Lion's Choice is the place for roast beef. It's actual seasoned roasted beef, not that really processed "beef product" Arby's has. Fantastic stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

horsey sauce

Lion's Choice is the place for roast beef. It's actual seasoned roasted beef, not that really processed stuff "beef product" Arby's has. Fantastic stuff.
Looks really good. Only in St L, eh?

I've never eaten food from In & Out.
Neither have I.
You're not missing out on anything really.
Ultimately it is hard to argue against that point. Then again you could say the same thing about any of the places that have been mentioned in this thread.
Wrong.

If you have spent a decent amount of time in the LA area and have not tried The Hat, you are absolutely missing out (small chain, like half a dozen LA area locations).
Born and raised in LA and I'm feeling pretty good about not having been to The Hat. I am sure it is fine but 1) There are a ton of other options that are just as good 2) I could try to sell you the same line about places like Pink's, or Tito's Tacos or Father's Office or Oki Dog or Roscoe's or any number of other places but I am sure you are doing okay if you haven't been to them and 3) The Hat advertises themselves as having World Famous Pastrami. Seriously? They are gonna run that noise in the same town as Langer's? Come on now, are they world famous for not being as good as Langer's? Because that I would buy, otherwise The Hat can GTFO.

Users who are viewing this thread