Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Evilgrin 72

Five Guys thread, a 130+ page swordfight.

My post workout smoothie is

2 fl oz coconut water

1 heaping table spoon of maca/raw cacao powder

2 scoops greens and whey chocolate protein powder

1 frozen banana

1 heaping tablespoon of peanut butter

Do you make your peanut butter from 5Gs real Macon peanuts?

• Like 1

Two days until Vegas an INO

Just order 2 burgers and skip the fries.

Speaking of fries I made a kickass batch yesterday at a cookout we had.Soaked them for about 3 hours and then double fried them,came out amazing!!

Please elaborate. :thumbup:

Pretty simple actually to do.

Cut up the spuds into fry size gems and washed them off.Then placed them in a airtight bowl filled with cold water for 3 hours or so in the fridge.Got the deep fryer up to 325 degrees(once close to temp I drained the fries and patted them dry),cooked them until soft on the inside(about 5 minutes) and then removed them from the heat and into a dish with paper towels to soak up oil(about 10 minute period to wait),while waiting got the oil back up to 350 degrees and then cooked them until golden brown and crispy(3 to 4 minutes tops but could go longer,keep a close eye on them for how you want them done).Once done they went straight into a dish to then be salted and seasoned as wanted.

If you do a large batch of fries I suggest doing them in smaller loads for better results.

Peanut or Vegetable oil is what I use.

ETA:Soaking is key-this removes the starch, keeps the potatoes from sticking together, and eliminates the sugars that prevent the potatoes from achieving maximum crispness

Edited by tom22406
  • Like 1

My post workout smoothie is

2 fl oz coconut water

1 heaping table spoon of maca/raw cacao powder

2 scoops greens and whey chocolate protein powder

1 frozen banana

1 heaping tablespoon of peanut butter

Do you make your peanut butter from 5Gs real Macon peanuts?

Of course. And I shell them by flexing my bicep with the peanut in my elbow.

For those of you in SoCal and looking for a non fast food burger hit up Slaters 50/50. Burger patty is 50% ground beef, 50% ground Bacon. Build your own and delicious!!!

https://slaters5050.com/

Finally got into DQ, had a bliazzrd for lunch, kept it healthy... Choc, cookie dough, sprinkles, caramel - Delicious! Didn't eat the food, but it didn't look all that good while I was standing there. Now that they aren't just giving #### out, the crowds have thinned - I anticipate DQ in Manhattan being a ghost town within a few months while the FG next door will continue to prosper.

Edited by fantasycurse42

Finally got into DQ, had a bliazzrd for lunch, kept it healthy... Choc, cookie dough, sprinkles, caramel - Delicious! Didn't eat the food, but it didn't look all that good while I was standing there. Now that they aren't just giving #### out, the crowds have thinned - I anticipate DQ in Manhattan being a ghost town within a few months while the FG next door will continue to prosper.

I think DC will do well. They have a nice niche, in addition to their desserts. Don't they have chicken fingers with country gravy?

I think DC will do well. They have a nice niche, in addition to their desserts. Don't they have chicken fingers with country gravy?

I saw a chicken finger basket meal on the menu, don't know if it has gravy...

DQ has a $5 Lunch from 11-4 (I think). A cheeseburger, 3-piece chicken strips, or chili cheese dog with some fries, a drink, and a sundae. Tasty and cheap!

DQ has a $5 Lunch from 11-4 (I think). A cheeseburger, 3-piece chicken strips, or chili cheese dog with some fries, a drink, and a sundae. Tasty and cheap!

I'd rather wipe my ### with that $5 bill, then go to 5G.

Actually, that's what toilet paper costs at 5G

• Like 1

I like Five Guys. But at the end of the day, they are just an average burger with some nifty toppings. Aside from the grilled onions and mushrooms, and the sauces, most of them are pretty standard. The most impressive thing about the fries are the sacks of potatoes stacked around the place. I guess if you really like potatoes, it's the place to stuff yourself with them. Five Guys just isn't impressive enough to be exclusive. :shrug:

Edited by desert rose

Yeah, but you get 50 rolls.

If you don't know how or have the time to prepare them this would be the way to go.

It's all about the taste for me and I don't care if they are frozen or fresh as long as they are tasty.

In&Out has yet to learn what a tasty fry is so they continue to serve bland ones.

BUT THEY CUT THEM UP RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!! THEY MUST BE AWESOME!!!!!!

The shark move is to use the shells from the free peanuts.

The shark move is to use the shells from the free peanuts.

Like demolition man.

What do we think of potbelly sandwich shop?

Looks good enough to try.
Love it

It's subway, but with good milkshakes and oatmeal cookies.

Love it

WAY better than Subway, although they have less toppings (no spinach is a bummer to me)

Love it

WAY better than Subway, although they have less toppings (no spinach is a bummer to me)
I'll get the chicken at both potbelly and subway. The quality of chicken at potbelly is far and away better than at subway. Rolls are better too. Also, I can get a biggie chicken sandwich for at least a dollar less than a footlong chicken teriyaki, unless they feature it for $5.

Love it

It's a little better than subway but lets not get carried away. It's still a mediocre at best sandwich. Unfortunately it's one of the few places located near my office so I have way more experience with them than I would like.

How is In N Out not #1?

they couldn't even make #1 at the kids table (fast food chain burgers).

How is In N Out not #1?

they couldn't even make #1 at the kids table (fast food chain burgers).

That's it... I'll never try it now...

meh

Jimmy John's >>> Potbelly

Its Cosco Pizza Friday here.

Subway is crap. Togos and Jersey Mikes are better.

Jimmy John's >>> Potbelly >>>> Jersey Mike's >>>>>>> Schlotzsky's >>> the others mentioned are pretty much inedible so I'm not going to bother listing them.

ETA: schlotsky's

Edited by Joe T

you are insane.

• Like 3

you are insane.

Local classic NY Deli >>> decent NY corner / neighborhood deli or bodega >>> any of those chains.

Local classic NY Deli >>> decent NY corner / neighborhood deli or bodega >>> any of those chains.

nobody cares

• Like 8

meh

Wat? Cold tasteless sandwiches are better than hot tasty sandwiches?

you are insane.

NY does have some good delis. But most Delis >>>>> any of those chains.

meh

Wat? Cold tasteless sandwiches are better than hot tasty sandwiches?

Yes.

nobody cares

Just cause you are jealous.

Fwiw, I was going to say local deli and not NY, but I can't really speak for other areas. LA had awful delis more or less. Langers is super awesome, a few are ok but pretty meh overall to downright crap. Unless things have magically changed in the last decade.

you are insane.

NY does have some good delis. But most Delis >>>>> any of those chains.

I should have been more clear. You are correct. But east coast Delis in my experience (north east) are very solid. The south no. The west no.