What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Five Guys thread, a 130+ page swordfight. (2 Viewers)

Some of you are either intentionally trolling or really dense. There are different styles of food with in the same category. You can get a street vendor taco that tastes great, then go to a very fancy restaurant and get a very fancy taco. No one would conflate the two. Yet for some reason, the in and out crowd needs to be able to compare that food to higher-priced burgers.

In and out is a fast food restaurant. Five guys, smash burger, those are fast casual restaurants. They are not even technically the same category of restaurant.
Only when it is better as is the case with In-N-Out>>>>>>>>5G.

5G provides a dry tasteless burger that they disguise by letting you put as much junk as you want on it to hide the dry blandness and get you to pay twice the price.

They're doing that well and good on them for roping so many sheep.

flapgreen said:
TenTimes said:
Update:

1. Five Guys

2. Pretty much anything that isn't a fast food burger place, could be any bar/grill or even a chain like Max & Erma's

3. Tolly Ho

4. Steak N Shake

5. Roy Rogers

6. White Castle

7 Wendy's

8. In-N-Out

9. Hardee's

10. Burger King

11. Mcdonalds
If you ever get to Texas I bet you'd prefer Whataburger to In-n-out.
Terrible nasty ####
Worst burger I ever had.

NC got me jonesing for Fried Chicken - too far to popeyes and didn't want KFC, so got me an 8 piece at the supermarket. Supermarket Fried Chicken is way underrated.

If your place has decent potato wedges, thats a nice fast meal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not down in I&O. For the price, it's as good or better than 5G. If you didn't have to pay for either or didn't know the price, 5G is better. If for no reason other than you can put more than 4 things on your burger.
If you are putting more than four things on your burger, does it matter how good it is? Seems at that point, you wouldn't even be tasting the meat. Kind of like buying a high quality steak and having it cooked well done then smothering it in A1.
Med Rare, Onion, dijon mustard, pickles and tomato but i don't need them as long as I have the other two.

Some of you are either intentionally trolling or really dense. There are different styles of food with in the same category. You can get a street vendor taco that tastes great, then go to a very fancy restaurant and get a very fancy taco. No one would conflate the two. Yet for some reason, the in and out crowd needs to be able to compare that food to higher-priced burgers.

In and out is a fast food restaurant. Five guys, smash burger, those are fast casual restaurants. They are not even technically the same category of restaurant.
Speaking of dense. Let's get the definitions right.

Where I live there is a place called burger-fi, not sure they are everywhere but basically it is a chain http://www.burgerfi.com that has burgers and fries that add up to about $10-$15 depending on what you order but they have a beer selection that puts them in a different dimension than 5G. The beers are like $3 or $4 for a 12-16 oz pour and a good chunk of it is craft beer. If you are gonna charge what 5G is and want to enter the gourmet zone than I think you better act the part. 5G is limited in what you can order similar to In N Out, 5G prides themselves in burning the burgers to kingdom come and back with very little flavor, even the way they serve those greasy fries in a brown bag and offer no plates or silverware to grab them with, they might as well say 2 savages walking thru the door because that's how they treat you, like a bunch o savages in that place.

I just do not understand the appeal of 5G. If I could perhaps get the burger cooked to order then maybe that would give them a leg up but no. No shakes, burger quality is no better than In n Out, I defy anyone to say 5G literally is tastier bite for bite because I just do not agree. Even if 5G charged what In n Out does I still would go to In n Out, to each their own.

Update:

1. Five Guys

2. Pretty much anything that isn't a fast food burger place, could be any bar/grill or even a chain like Max & Erma's

3. Tolly Ho

4. Steak N Shake

5. Roy Rogers

6. White Castle

7 Wendy's

8. In-N-Out

9. Hardee's

10. Burger King

11. Mcdonalds
Good lord. This is beyond atrocious. Serious question, do you have permanent taste bud damage?

Chaka said:
Looks like GM finally killed poor Shuke's taste buds.
Ah, there we go....a savvy and intelligent veteran like Chaka recognizes the issue here with Shuke. Taste bud damage is the only reason for a list this vomitous.

flapgreen said:
TenTimes said:
Update:

1. Five Guys

3. Tolly Ho

4. Steak N Shake

5. Roy Rogers

6. White Castle

7 Wendy's

8. In-N-Out

9. Hardee's

10. Burger King

11. Mcdonalds
If you ever get to Texas I bet you'd prefer Whataburger to In-n-out.
Terrible nasty ####
Worst burger I ever had.
I love Whataburger. By far my favorite fast food burger. :shrug:

I'm not down in I&O. For the price, it's as good or better than 5G. If you didn't have to pay for either or didn't know the price, 5G is better. If for no reason other than you can put more than 4 things on your burger.
If you are putting more than four things on your burger, does it matter how good it is? Seems at that point, you wouldn't even be tasting the meat. Kind of like buying a high quality steak and having it cooked well done then smothering it in A1.
bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickle, and onion. No ketchup or mustard.Why does that seem like too much for a burger?

bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickle, and onion. No ketchup or mustard.Why does that seem like too much for a burger?
BECAUSE A REAL BURGER HAS ONLY MEAT !!!!! TASTE THE PURITY OF 80/20 GROUND CHUCK!!!

BECAUSE A REAL BURGER HAS ONLY MEAT !!!!! TASTE THE PURITY OF 80/20 GROUND CHUCK!!!
So then you're basically admitting there's no difference between the meat quality? Thanks for that. Now we can move along.

So then you're basically admitting there's no difference between the meat quality? Thanks for that. Now we can move along.
I'm saying that 'burger' is more than 'patty'. HTH.

I'm saying that 'burger' is more than 'patty'. HTH.
Hmm, that actually makes sense I reckon. I assumed these wars were all about the beef patty. Maybe I've been thinking about this from the wrong point of view the whole time.

A hamburger, to me, is a sandwich. The burger is the most important single item, but not more important than the whole of the sandwich.

A hamburger, to me, is a sandwich. The burger is the most important single item, but not more important than the whole of the sandwich.
It makes the whole topping thing make sense. I guess not seeing anyone mention buns and toppings, other than the cheese comment, had me thinking it was all about who had the better quality meat. I made a bad assumption I suppose.

White Castle should be illegal. It's like eating literal garbage.
White Castle is great if you like a wonder bread like bun loaded with onions and a paper thin burger. McDonalds burgers are better and those barely qualify as real meat.
Also great for people who like to spend most of the next day on the toilet.
This just proves you don't know what you're talking about. You NEVER have to wait until the next day. I pretty much just eat them while sitting on the toilet.

White Castle is great if you like a wonder bread like bun loaded with onions and a paper thin burger. McDonalds burgers are better and those barely qualify as real meat.
This just proves you don't know what you're talking about. You NEVER have to wait until the next day. I pretty much just eat them while sitting on the toilet.
A side order of TP would be a nice addition for WC for sure.

My father loved White Castle. We used to eat there fairly regularly. Never had this problem you guys seem to have.

My father loved White Castle. We used to eat there fairly regularly. Never had this problem you guys seem to have.
I think those that eat if regularly get used to it. I've known people who ate it for the first time that ended up spending hours on the can.

I think those that eat if regularly get used to it. I've known people who ate it for the first time that ended up spending hours on the can.
It's kind of like Indian food in that way.

Not my work but spot on

Look, Midwesterners. Let me speak as one who lives among you and knows your sometimes incomprehensible ways. The rest of us know you love your White Castle, and, really, we’re content to let you have it. But the very second you claim that those vile, dwarfish patties of indeterminate origin are good by any other definition than the “this is something my intestines won’t quite reject,” or, possibly, the “we’re doing our part to clean up Mother Earth by recycling all those dead possums you find on rural highways” sense of the word, you lose. White Castle is as far from being a good burger as it is culinarily possible to be, a sort of anti-burger, if you will, that if it were to ever meet a real burger, would annihilate itself, not in a physical “anti-matter meeting matter” sense, but out of pure and simple shame. Claiming a White Castle slider represents a good burger is like pointing to mole rat and saying it’s an excellent example of a giraffe. You’re just so wildly wrong that all the rest of us can do is stare, agog, at the wonder of people who are actually capable of confusing the two.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad Chuck in Chicago enjoys his White Castle. I just feel sorry for him that those insidious little squares of minced rodent and sawdust have so disfigured his tastebuds, so crushed and denatured them and inured them to a life of deprivation, that when they were confronted with an actual burger, a superior burger, his brain simply couldn’t decipher their joy. It’s like the burger equivalent of the Stockholm Syndrome. You can’t argue with that. You can just try to understand.

In any event. Midwesterners, it’s okay if you like White Castle. Just don’t expect any of the rest of us to go along with the theory that they’re actual hamburgers. And for God’s sake don’t suggest to us that they’re better than other hamburgers. You’ll never recover your credibility, not just on matters of food but indeed on any other subject which requires critical evaluation. Because someone who is that wrong on something that obvious is simply not to be trusted. Pitied, yes. Trusted, no.

I get far more exploded from chipotle than I ever have from WC

Not my work but spot on

Look, Midwesterners. Let me speak as one who lives among you and knows your sometimes incomprehensible ways. The rest of us know you love your White Castle, and, really, were content to let you have it. But the very second you claim that those vile, dwarfish patties of indeterminate origin are good by any other definition than the this is something my intestines wont quite reject, or, possibly, the were doing our part to clean up Mother Earth by recycling all those dead possums you find on rural highways sense of the word, you lose. White Castle is as far from being a good burger as it is culinarily possible to be, a sort of anti-burger, if you will, that if it were to ever meet a real burger, would annihilate itself, not in a physical anti-matter meeting matter sense, but out of pure and simple shame. Claiming a White Castle slider represents a good burger is like pointing to mole rat and saying its an excellent example of a giraffe. Youre just so wildly wrong that all the rest of us can do is stare, agog, at the wonder of people who are actually capable of confusing the two.

Dont get me wrong, Im glad Chuck in Chicago enjoys his White Castle. I just feel sorry for him that those insidious little squares of minced rodent and sawdust have so disfigured his tastebuds, so crushed and denatured them and inured them to a life of deprivation, that when they were confronted with an actual burger, a superior burger, his brain simply couldnt decipher their joy. Its like the burger equivalent of the Stockholm Syndrome. You cant argue with that. You can just try to understand.

In any event. Midwesterners, its okay if you like White Castle. Just dont expect any of the rest of us to go along with the theory that theyre actual hamburgers. And for Gods sake dont suggest to us that theyre better than other hamburgers. Youll never recover your credibility, not just on matters of food but indeed on any other subject which requires critical evaluation. Because someone who is that wrong on something that obvious is simply not to be trusted. Pitied, yes. Trusted, no.
Well, since it's popularity goes far beyond the Midwest we can pretty much discard anything said in the quote

Not my work but spot on

Look, Midwesterners. Let me speak as one who lives among you and knows your sometimes incomprehensible ways. The rest of us know you love your White Castle, and, really, were content to let you have it. But the very second you claim that those vile, dwarfish patties of indeterminate origin are good by any other definition than the this is something my intestines wont quite reject, or, possibly, the were doing our part to clean up Mother Earth by recycling all those dead possums you find on rural highways sense of the word, you lose. White Castle is as far from being a good burger as it is culinarily possible to be, a sort of anti-burger, if you will, that if it were to ever meet a real burger, would annihilate itself, not in a physical anti-matter meeting matter sense, but out of pure and simple shame. Claiming a White Castle slider represents a good burger is like pointing to mole rat and saying its an excellent example of a giraffe. Youre just so wildly wrong that all the rest of us can do is stare, agog, at the wonder of people who are actually capable of confusing the two.

Dont get me wrong, Im glad Chuck in Chicago enjoys his White Castle. I just feel sorry for him that those insidious little squares of minced rodent and sawdust have so disfigured his tastebuds, so crushed and denatured them and inured them to a life of deprivation, that when they were confronted with an actual burger, a superior burger, his brain simply couldnt decipher their joy. Its like the burger equivalent of the Stockholm Syndrome. You cant argue with that. You can just try to understand.

In any event. Midwesterners, its okay if you like White Castle. Just dont expect any of the rest of us to go along with the theory that theyre actual hamburgers. And for Gods sake dont suggest to us that theyre better than other hamburgers. Youll never recover your credibility, not just on matters of food but indeed on any other subject which requires critical evaluation. Because someone who is that wrong on something that obvious is simply not to be trusted. Pitied, yes. Trusted, no.
Well, since it's popularity goes far beyond the Midwest we can pretty much discard anything said in the quote
:goodposting:

I get far more exploded from chipotle than I ever have from WC
White Castle poop isn't explosive.... it sliiiiiiiiiiiiiides.

I ate 16 on the way to a Dead show once. Ended up getting the runs while peaking on 3 hits of double-dipped blotter acid and had to use the Giants Stadium portajohns on a 90 degree summer afternoon. I assure you, there are few things less fun than tripping balls and trying to hover in the worst smelling portapotty on Earth while spraying White Castle diarrhea like a popped fire hydrant and having 10 hippies pound on the door begging you to get out. Let's just say I didn't always exercise perspicacious judgment in my youth.

Not my work but spot on

A lot of people have no idea what a good burger is then,Midwest or not.

If you didn't have to pay for either or didn't know the price, 5G is better bigger.
I like both burgers. But on a per-bite basis, I would not say that 5G tastes better.
For the whole experience, I would say that I can build a better Burger at five guys. I actually think in and out may have a better hamburger but at five guys I can put jalapenos, grilled mushrooms, bacon, barbecue sauce. Unless I missed something, you can't really do that much at in and out.
Order it animal style an In-n-Out.

I agree that the availability of toppings is nice at 5g, but that's the only thing good about that place. I don't even get the rage with the fries. Like the burger, they're not better (they're actually worse) than most, there are just more of them.
Yeah, but you get an entire bag of fries. That's a pretty big positive in the supersize generation.

tom22406 said:
Koya said:
tom22406 said:
Not my work but spot on

A lot of people have no idea what a good burger is then,Midwest or not.
It's horses for courses. Sometimes there's nothing better than a few sliders. Doesn't means its in pat with the Peter Luger lunch burger.

However I can say that judging InO by the other horses in its race it's way overrated.

Yeah, but you get an entire bag of fries. That's a pretty big positive in the supersize generation.
It's a negative to me, because you pay for a ton of fries whether you want that many or not. Their smallest order of fries costs $2.50. It'd be nice if they just offered a normal portion for a normal price.

It's a negative to me, because you pay for a ton of fries whether you want that many or not. Their smallest order of fries costs $2.50. It'd be nice if they just offered a normal portion for a normal price.
A lg fry at mcd is 1.80, so you're getting at least double for .70 more.

But the $1.80 worth is all I want. I don't care if I get double, triple or 10 times as much. If I end up pitching them, it's not a good deal.

I guess if you're eating in a group you can get some value out of that. Although the one time I ate there with friends, I couldn't convince them that 2 little fries would be enough for 4 people.

But the $1.80 worth is all I want. I don't care if I get double, triple or 10 times as much. If I end up pitching them, it's not a good deal.

I guess if you're eating in a group you can get some value out of that. Although the one time I ate there with friends, I couldn't convince them that 2 little fries would be enough for 4 people.
For 80 cents more, they also taste better than just about every fast good place out there.

Five Guys Testing Customizable Milkshakes, Includes Bacon

Fans of the Five Guys burger chain will be pleased to hear that you can absolutely prolong your order time now that they’re testing customizable milkshakes. That’s gotta be wonderful for the lines. Though, hey, bacon and Oreo milkshake!
Customers begin with a vanilla base for their milkshake. They’re then given the option to mix in as many topping options as their artery-clogged hearts desire. Some of the more notable toppings include salted caramel, coffee, Oreo cookies and of course bacon.

Not sure yet if it’s a Highlander type situation where the fewer ingredients you choose, the more you’ll get or if each shake will have a fixed amount. Regardless, customers can now relish in the fact that their entire meal is customizable. In a few years, they’ll probably let us choose how to cook our burgers and fries as well.

The milkshakes are currently being tested at select Five Guys locations, specifically in the East Coast.
http://www.foodbeast.com/2014/08/18/five-guys-testing-customizable-milkshakes-bacon-included/#QdDouiGFK3w2yt9e.99

Fans of the Five Guys burger chain will be pleased to hear that you can absolutely prolong your order time now that they’re testing customizable milkshakes. That’s gotta be wonderful for the lines. Though, hey, bacon and Oreo milkshake!
Customers begin with a vanilla base for their milkshake. They’re then given the option to mix in as many topping options as their artery-clogged hearts desire. Some of the more notable toppings include salted caramel, coffee, Oreo cookies and of course bacon.

Not sure yet if it’s a Highlander type situation where the fewer ingredients you choose, the more you’ll get or if each shake will have a fixed amount. Regardless, customers can now relish in the fact that their entire meal is customizable. In a few years, they’ll probably let us choose how to cook our burgers and fries as well.

The milkshakes are currently being tested at select Five Guys locations, specifically in the East Coast.
http://www.foodbeast.com/2014/08/18/five-guys-testing-customizable-milkshakes-bacon-included/#QdDouiGFK3w2yt9e.99
Well, well, well. Look what we have here. A dagger to the heart of the In-N-Out crowd.

Well, well, well. Look what we have here. A dagger to the heart of the In-N-Out crowd.
I have a store right near me that is doing this so I will report back my findings!

I'm kinda torn as to what my first shake should be?

Any ideas?

Clearly bacon will be had at some point just because it's ####### bacon.

Users who are viewing this thread