What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lebron James will never win a championship... (1 Viewer)

culdeus said:
I hadn't really ever watched a full LBJ game till last night. The East hardly exists in my world, but I don't see what the big deal is about LBJ. Seems very, very above average. And now it's obvious to anyone that he wants to avoid the choke tag more than he wants the clutch tag. What a #####.
Watching this post unfold is the best kind of humor in the FFA. From first time viewer to expert on the subject in 5 sentences.
I do remember this particularly clangtastic set of events in a game earlier this year that I caught the second half of: James Free Throw 1 of 1 (39 PTS) 0:41[CLE 92-95] 0:18 Terry Layup Shot: Missed 0:17 Dampier Rebound (Off:4 Def:4) 0:15 Dampier Turnover:Bad Pass (2 TO) Steal:Varejao (2 ST) 0:13 Nowitzki Foul:Shooting (3 PF)James Free Throw 1 of 2 missed 0:13 Team Rebound 0:13 Marshall Substitution replaced by Brown 0:13 James Free Throw 2 of 2 missed 0:13 Brown Rebound (Off:1 Def:0) 0:13 Team Timeout:Short 0:10 Snow Substitution replaced by Marshall 0:10 Brown Substitution replaced by Gibson 0:10 James 3pt Shot: Missed 0:04 Varejao Rebound (Off:4 Def:8) 0:03 James 3pt Shot: Missed 0:00 0:00 Dampier Rebound (Off:4 Def:5)Seriously, I get it he's good, but he's just not some jawdropping superstar stud. This guy is more like a Yao level bust. Yes he puts up good numbers, but they are empty numbers very AROD-esque.
:hot:
:coffee: "empty numbers". Numbers over a consecutive 3-year period only one other NBA player in history has accomplished (the Big O). Are you comparing the Cavs to the Yankees? Yao to LBJ? :blush:

Capella said:
No. 16 said:
2. LBJ gets the ball... top of the key... drives to the rim and instead of going up and jamming it down Tayshuan's and Sheed's throat.... he passes to Marshall.... miss.

Dude is a choke artist and doesn't want the pressure of the game winning shot.
:yawn: now you're just fishing. that was a terrific play to a wide-open marshall -- he should've nailed that 3.edit: I hope you're fishing, but history indicates you probably are not.
Jimmy McGinty: Falco! If I had wanted Cochran to have the ball I would've called it that way!

Shane Falco: I read blitz.

Jimmy McGinty: Bull####! I put the game in your hands... you got scared.

Shane Falco: I READ BLITZ.

Jimmy McGinty: [walks over and looks at Falco with disgust] Winners always want the ball... when the game is on the line.

(......)

Shane Falco: I want the ball.

Jimmy McGinty: Winners always do.
Words to live by.
:lmao: now we're judging the guy on hollywood quotes. I love this place.
John Mason: Your "best"! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and #### the prom queen.
Did LBJ even go to his prom?? :popcorn: :pics: :lmao: :D

Capella said:
No. 16 said:
2. LBJ gets the ball... top of the key... drives to the rim and instead of going up and jamming it down Tayshuan's and Sheed's throat.... he passes to Marshall.... miss.

Dude is a choke artist and doesn't want the pressure of the game winning shot.
;) now you're just fishing. that was a terrific play to a wide-open marshall -- he should've nailed that 3.edit: I hope you're fishing, but history indicates you probably are not.
:confused: Marshall didnt have a player w/in 10 feet of him. He makes that shot 9/10 times. Lebron wasnt going to finish that drive . . . he was going to be hacked. I thought it was a good play.
Exactly and LBJ knew that.... he didn't want to go to the line... where NO ONE WOULD BE GUARDING HIM AT ALL and he could take his precious time.If the Cavs were down 3... I would not fault that play. However, being down only 2 point... you have to take it strong to the rack... any contact and LBJ would have gottena foul call. He already dipped his shoulder and got ahead of Prince.... all he had to do was launch that 6'8", 240 pound body into the air. According to 82games.com LBJ makes close range shots at a

close range: 66.7%

dunks: 97.3%

for a inside paint average: 72.4%

FT he shoots at... 70%

What's the percentage of Marhsall's shot?

He shoots 3pt regular season... 34.9%, post season - 40%, and career... 35%.

So he was smart to pass it up?
He did that at least 3-6 times during the game and didn't get a single call! How can you put the game into the refs hands if you are just looking for a foul? He made one of those shots he got hammered on iirc. I think it's more towards 5, so 1 of 5 let's say. I'll take Marshall making that shot 20% of the time ahead of Lebron getting a no call where he makes the tough shot from the left 20% of the time.
He's a superstar he would have gotten the call, but even then... he was ahead of Prince, had dipped his shoulder already... if he would have put his mind to slam it home... he could have. He's made much more difficult dunks than the one that presented itself last night. He just had the mindset from the beginning to pass.Like I said... down by 3. You hear nothing from me, unless LBJ passes up a wide open 3 to one of his teammates. Down by 2. Stupid move.

And really... Marshall said it himself... THE PLAY WASN'T DESIGNED FOR HIM! Even Mike Freakin Brown knew that the best play was to give LBJ the ball, clear out, and let him drive.
The play was designed for a clear out for LBJ at the top of the key. Marshall was not expecting to get the ball to shoot that 3. Even if he makes it, I still wouldn't like the play, the Cavs were right there the entire 2nd half and could have easily stolen the game from the pistons who played AWFUL. That last play showed what LBJ did all game, if he would have been more aggressive from the get-go, Cavs would have easily stolen this game, but instead he finished 5-15 when the Cavs desperately needed his scoring, which they did not get. If your best player by far on your team gets 10pts in the conference finals...YOU are most likely going to lose, simple as that.

if he would have put his mind to slam it home... he could have.
OhMyGAWDIt's the Conference Finals against the Detroit Pistons with less than a minute left. Nobody. NOBODY. Not Jordan. Not Kobe. Not Lebron. Nobody. Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ain't got NO-BOOOOOOOODY...Nobody is getting to the rack in that situation without getting annihilated, Son. :lmao:

if he would have put his mind to slam it home... he could have.
OhMyGAWDIt's the Conference Finals against the Detroit Pistons with less than a minute left. Nobody. NOBODY. Not Jordan. Not Kobe. Not Lebron. Nobody. Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ain't got NO-BOOOOOOOODY...Nobody is getting to the rack in that situation without getting annihilated, Son. :banned:
Let's see? Last I checked Jordan or Kobe didn't have power forward bodies and strength. He already had Tayshuan beat and he's way more explosive than Sheed who was coming from the weak side. Would have been a dunk.Even then... why not take FT shots to tie the game.... oh yah. LBJ is a choker.

This criticism of James is absurd.

How is it his fault that his teammate missed a wide open three?

People keep saying that he has to take shots like that if he wants to be the next Jordan. When did James ever say he wanted to be the next Jordan?! People are trying to make him into something he is not.

I heard some idiot on ATH today say that James needs to take shots like that to shut his critics up. Um, last time I checked, his job is to help his team win games, not to give a #### what critics say or think. He made a great pass to give his teammate an open three. The guy simply missed the shot. If he had made the shot, and the Cavs had gone on to win as a result, everyone would be praising James for making a great decision there. So basically, he is being criticized for something he had no control over (the guy making the three).

By showing trust in his teammates, whether or not they deserve it, James is showing that he is a team player and not some ball hog who always feels like he has to hit the big shot. Basketball is a team game, ya know.

Last edited by a moderator:
This criticism of James is absurd. How is it his fault that his teammate missed a wide open three? People keep saying that he has to take shots like that if he wants to be the next Jordan. When did James ever say he wanted to be the next Jordan?! People are trying to make him into something he is not. I heard some idiot on ATH today say that James needs to take shots like that to shut his critics up. Um, last time I checked, his job is to help his team win games, not to give a #### what critics say or think. He made a great pass to give his teammate an open three. The guy simply missed the shot. If he had made the shot, and the Cavs had gone on to win as a result, everyone would be praising James for making a great decision there. So basically, he is being criticized for something he had no control over (the guy making the three). By showing trust in his teammates, whether or not they deserve it, James is showing that he is a team player and not some ball hog who always feels like he has to hit the big shot. Basketball is a team game, ya know.
I think that's the whole point.You want you franchise player to be a ball hog during clutch situations. You want him to take over the game. He doesn't have to be Jordan, but if you're the franchise... you must want to take the last shot.

This criticism of James is absurd. How is it his fault that his teammate missed a wide open three? People keep saying that he has to take shots like that if he wants to be the next Jordan. When did James ever say he wanted to be the next Jordan?! People are trying to make him into something he is not. I heard some idiot on ATH today say that James needs to take shots like that to shut his critics up. Um, last time I checked, his job is to help his team win games, not to give a #### what critics say or think. He made a great pass to give his teammate an open three. The guy simply missed the shot. If he had made the shot, and the Cavs had gone on to win as a result, everyone would be praising James for making a great decision there. So basically, he is being criticized for something he had no control over (the guy making the three). By showing trust in his teammates, whether or not they deserve it, James is showing that he is a team player and not some ball hog who always feels like he has to hit the big shot. Basketball is a team game, ya know.
I think that's the whole point.You want you franchise player to be a ball hog during clutch situations. You want him to take over the game. He doesn't have to be Jordan, but if you're the franchise... you must want to take the last shot.
He WAS the ####### ball hog at the end of Monday's game. He controlled the action. As the play developed he kicked it out to a wide open player. No, he doesn't have to be Jordan or like any other individual player. He's a mold of many of the great one's. He's got more of Magic's game in him at 22 years of age than Jordan ever had. Let him be Lebron.Was Jordan critiqued like this when he deferred to Paxson, Kerr, Wennington, etc? If Marshall makes the shot, trip-doub Lebron and Marshall are heroes for a day.

I hadn't really ever watched a full LBJ game till last night. The East hardly exists in my world, but I don't see what the big deal is about LBJ. Seems very, very above average. And now it's obvious to anyone that he wants to avoid the choke tag more than he wants the clutch tag. What a #####.
Watching this post unfold is the best kind of humor in the FFA. From first time viewer to expert on the subject in 5 sentences.
I do remember this particularly clangtastic set of events in a game earlier this year that I caught the second half of: James Free Throw 1 of 1 (39 PTS) 0:41[CLE 92-95] 0:18 Terry Layup Shot: Missed 0:17 Dampier Rebound (Off:4 Def:4) 0:15 Dampier Turnover:Bad Pass (2 TO) Steal:Varejao (2 ST) 0:13 Nowitzki Foul:Shooting (3 PF)James Free Throw 1 of 2 missed 0:13 Team Rebound 0:13 Marshall Substitution replaced by Brown 0:13 James Free Throw 2 of 2 missed 0:13 Brown Rebound (Off:1 Def:0) 0:13 Team Timeout:Short 0:10 Snow Substitution replaced by Marshall 0:10 Brown Substitution replaced by Gibson 0:10 James 3pt Shot: Missed 0:04 Varejao Rebound (Off:4 Def:8) 0:03 James 3pt Shot: Missed 0:00 0:00 Dampier Rebound (Off:4 Def:5)Seriously, I get it he's good, but he's just not some jawdropping superstar stud. This guy is more like a Yao level bust. Yes he puts up good numbers, but they are empty numbers very AROD-esque.
:wall:
:thumbup: "empty numbers". Numbers over a consecutive 3-year period only one other NBA player in history has accomplished (the Big O). Are you comparing the Cavs to the Yankees? Yao to LBJ? :hot:
Wow. Apparently he didn't watch a single Eastern Conference playoff game last year. LeBron absolutely carried the Cavs last year. And he's pretty much carried the Cavs THIS year in the playoffs so far as well.

Except for when Jordan passed to Paxson and Kerr for game winning 3s.

may or may not have been a foul (I think it was, Rip was draped on him), but Wade was getting those calls last year.

Well, the Cavs have proved they can play and stick with Detroit for 47:30, but just can't close out games against them. With the 2 games so close in Detroit, Cleveland should win the next 2 at home. After that, who knows, but Detroit should win the series.

James does not seem comfortable with the ball late.

Get a point guard to do the work..then dish it off. James should have dunked the first game, should have passed tonight. Bad decisions..but I cut him some slack because he is not a point guard.

They are trying to make him a player that he is not.

I really liked the aggression LBJ showed tonight, I think it was a definite foul from Richard Hamilton because he did not have his arms straight up they were at an arc towards LBJ. Terrible non-call, refs put away their whistle there and did not have the guts to make a call. Larry Hughes missed a good shot and the Cavs lose. Two games the Cavs could have won. I like LBJ attacking this time, he'll get that call at home. We saw him attack this time because a previous possession he passed out to Pavlovic and showed he did not want to take that shot. LBJ knew what had to be done and he did, just didn't get the call. More aggressive LBJ proved to work well as they had a 12pt lead at the half. LBJ needs to work on his mid-range shot, where he goes to the basket and stops for a pull-up jumper.

Does anyone else feel like they are waiting for LeBron to endure the moment and win the game ala MJ? I just think once he does it in a playoff game we will forever see him perform at that level until he is unable to perform at that level physically. He is showing poise and involving his teammates. This is fun watching him earn his playoff stripes. :goodposting: I remember MJ trying so hard and when he finally broke through it gave us about 8 years of nothing short of spectacular performances.

At least Lebron learned one basketball move from Kobe...

They better suspend him or I'm not going to be happy at all. I am a Laker fan and Kobe got suspended not once but twice for what he did. LBJ did the same exact thing, and everyone says its not a basketball move. He should get suspended, but he probably won't because the league will look away and say its playoff basketball. So unfair.

:mellow: and people wondered why James didn't take the shot in Game 1. Hamilton is all over James and there's no call. Even after Hughes's shot you can see a Piston practically giving James a bear hug so that he can't get the rebound.

And yet Wallace takes a terrible shot and flops to the floor and gets a foul call. I rewound it and watched it in slow motion and couldn't even see a Cav player touch him. Then two possessions later he blatantly shoves Varajao with no call. Yes Varajao is a flopper, but that was a pretty obvious shove by Wallace.

The only thing that I can fault James for, is that instead of driving down low then posting with his back to the basket, he should have just driven and dunked it. Although the Pistons are masters of sliding under guys and getting charge calls so even that probably wouldn't have worked.

:unsure: and people wondered why James didn't take the shot in Game 1. Hamilton is all over James and there's no call. Even after Hughes's shot you can see a Piston practically giving James a bear hug so that he can't get the rebound.And yet Wallace takes a terrible shot and flops to the floor and gets a foul call. I rewound it and watched it in slow motion and couldn't even see a Cav player touch him. Then two possessions later he blatantly shoves Varajao with no call. Yes Varajao is a flopper, but that was a pretty obvious shove by Wallace. The only thing that I can fault James for, is that instead of driving down low then posting with his back to the basket, he should have just driven and dunked it. Although the Pistons are masters of sliding under guys and getting charge calls so even that probably wouldn't have worked.
:lmao:Like Rasheed gets any benefit from the refs.The call at the end was very borderline and greg anthony, dee brown, barkely, kenny smith and magic plus golic this morning all said no foul was the right call, so im not sure what your seeing

:confused: and people wondered why James didn't take the shot in Game 1. Hamilton is all over James and there's no call. Even after Hughes's shot you can see a Piston practically giving James a bear hug so that he can't get the rebound.And yet Wallace takes a terrible shot and flops to the floor and gets a foul call. I rewound it and watched it in slow motion and couldn't even see a Cav player touch him. Then two possessions later he blatantly shoves Varajao with no call. Yes Varajao is a flopper, but that was a pretty obvious shove by Wallace. The only thing that I can fault James for, is that instead of driving down low then posting with his back to the basket, he should have just driven and dunked it. Although the Pistons are masters of sliding under guys and getting charge calls so even that probably wouldn't have worked.
:bowtie:Like Rasheed gets any benefit from the refs.The call at the end was very borderline and greg anthony, dee brown, barkely, kenny smith and magic plus golic this morning all said no foul was the right call, so im not sure what your seeing
Has Barkley and that gang ever really said anything good about the Cavs? NO way, especially Barkley, all Barkely does is criticize them and Lebron. I also think Barkley said there was probably a foul, but that on the road you are not going to get that call most of the time. That's a big difference than just coming out and saying there was absolutely no foul. Everyone knows there was checking around the foul line and contact on the shot, it's clear on the replay. And I think you're wrong about Kenny Smith right after the game iirc. For every guy you name there is Hubie Brown and Greenberg saying Lebron was fouled and has been getting mugged all series. So if you're implying that Lebron has only been fouled 3 times when shooting in two games then I'm not sure what you're seeing.

I really liked the aggression LBJ showed tonight, I think it was a definite foul from Richard Hamilton because he did not have his arms straight up they were at an arc towards LBJ. Terrible non-call, refs put away their whistle there and did not have the guts to make a call. Larry Hughes missed a good shot and the Cavs lose. Two games the Cavs could have won. I like LBJ attacking this time, he'll get that call at home. We saw him attack this time because a previous possession he passed out to Pavlovic and showed he did not want to take that shot. LBJ knew what had to be done and he did, just didn't get the call. More aggressive LBJ proved to work well as they had a 12pt lead at the half. LBJ needs to work on his mid-range shot, where he goes to the basket and stops for a pull-up jumper.
LBJ started the drive with a stiff arm to Rip... was a good no call both ways.

Does anyone else feel like they are waiting for LeBron to endure the moment and win the game ala MJ? I just think once he does it in a playoff game we will forever see him perform at that level until he is unable to perform at that level physically. He is showing poise and involving his teammates. This is fun watching him earn his playoff stripes. :confused: I remember MJ trying so hard and when he finally broke through it gave us about 8 years of nothing short of spectacular performances.
I thought last year the Cavs/Lebron earned some respect, but clearly this season has showed that is not the case. Last year, Lebron won games vs the Wizards at the end and absolutely carried the team during the Pistons series stretching it 7 games. That series also factored into the Heat series because the Cavs took it to them. I guess you gotta get to the Conf Finals to get some mojo.

:pics: and people wondered why James didn't take the shot in Game 1. Hamilton is all over James and there's no call. Even after Hughes's shot you can see a Piston practically giving James a bear hug so that he can't get the rebound.And yet Wallace takes a terrible shot and flops to the floor and gets a foul call. I rewound it and watched it in slow motion and couldn't even see a Cav player touch him. Then two possessions later he blatantly shoves Varajao with no call. Yes Varajao is a flopper, but that was a pretty obvious shove by Wallace. The only thing that I can fault James for, is that instead of driving down low then posting with his back to the basket, he should have just driven and dunked it. Although the Pistons are masters of sliding under guys and getting charge calls so even that probably wouldn't have worked.
:lmao:Like Rasheed gets any benefit from the refs.The call at the end was very borderline and greg anthony, dee brown, barkely, kenny smith and magic plus golic this morning all said no foul was the right call, so im not sure what your seeing
Has Barkley and that gang ever really said anything good about the Cavs? NO way, especially Barkley, all Barkely does is criticize them and Lebron. I also think Barkley said there was probably a foul, but that on the road you are not going to get that call most of the time. That's a big difference than just coming out and saying there was absolutely no foul. Everyone knows there was checking around the foul line and contact on the shot, it's clear on the replay. And I think you're wrong about Kenny Smith right after the game iirc. For every guy you name there is Hubie Brown and Greenberg saying Lebron was fouled and has been getting mugged all series. So if you're implying that Lebron has only been fouled 3 times when shooting in two games then I'm not sure what you're seeing.
Oh the refs are "letting them play" which favors the pistons. But the cavs D has been better than expected. The cavs are gaining my respect for how good D they are playing. But give Detroit credit too for holding LBJ under 20 for two games. I expect more calls to go the Cavs way in Cleveland though.

He did that at least 3-6 times during the game and didn't get a single call! How can you put the game into the refs hands if you are just looking for a foul? He made one of those shots he got hammered on iirc. I think it's more towards 5, so 1 of 5 let's say. I'll take Marshall making that shot 20% of the time ahead of Lebron getting a no call where he makes the tough shot from the left 20% of the time.
He's a superstar he would have gotten the call
:lmao:

:lmao: and people wondered why James didn't take the shot in Game 1. Hamilton is all over James and there's no call. Even after Hughes's shot you can see a Piston practically giving James a bear hug so that he can't get the rebound.

And yet Wallace takes a terrible shot and flops to the floor and gets a foul call. I rewound it and watched it in slow motion and couldn't even see a Cav player touch him. Then two possessions later he blatantly shoves Varajao with no call. Yes Varajao is a flopper, but that was a pretty obvious shove by Wallace.

The only thing that I can fault James for, is that instead of driving down low then posting with his back to the basket, he should have just driven and dunked it. Although the Pistons are masters of sliding under guys and getting charge calls so even that probably wouldn't have worked.
:lmao: Like Rasheed gets any benefit from the refs.

The call at the end was very borderline and greg anthony, dee brown, barkely, kenny smith and magic plus golic this morning all said no foul was the right call, so im not sure what your seeing
I think that this picture is pretty clear. Hamilton clearly has his body into James and his arm is definitely clipping his elbow. No question that it's a foul.

:lmao: and people wondered why James didn't take the shot in Game 1. Hamilton is all over James and there's no call. Even after Hughes's shot you can see a Piston practically giving James a bear hug so that he can't get the rebound.

The call at the end was very borderline and greg anthony, dee brown, barkely, kenny smith and magic plus golic this morning all said no foul was the right call, so im not sure what your seeing
I think that this picture is pretty clear. Hamilton clearly has his body into James and his arm is definitely clipping his elbow. No question that it's a foul.
:lmao: Looking like Rip is standing his group and James is initiating the contact to me. Rips arm is straight in the air. actually looks like rasheed is pushing Rip into LBJ alittle

:lmao: Looking like Rip is standing his group and James is initiating the contact to me. Rips arm is straight in the air. actually looks like rasheed is pushing Rip into LBJ alittle
Rasheed should have been charged with a foul! :lmao: I don't think that still photo is clear. I'm positive Rip made more arm and body contact than what it looks like there.

He's a superstar he would have gotten the call

Can you find the picture showing LeBron stiff-arming/pushing off on Rip to start the play?Thanks.

matuski said:
GroveDiesel said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
GroveDiesel said:
:porked: and people wondered why James didn't take the shot in Game 1. Hamilton is all over James and there's no call. Even after Hughes's shot you can see a Piston practically giving James a bear hug so that he can't get the rebound.

:bag: Like Rasheed gets any benefit from the refs.

Can you find the picture showing LeBron stiff-arming/pushing off on Rip to start the play?Thanks.
Sorry, no such picture. Perhaps you could provide any such picture? What I see in the video is Hamilton slapping James across the chest and James smacking his arm away. LINK

He was molested at least 4 times on his way to the rim. Maybe you dont make the initial call because of the timing, but once Rip slaps him the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th times and while he was actually taking the shot, the whistle needed to be blown.

matuski said:
GroveDiesel said:
GroveDiesel said:
:popcorn: and people wondered why James didn't take the shot in Game 1. Hamilton is all over James and there's no call. Even after Hughes's shot you can see a Piston practically giving James a bear hug so that he can't get the rebound.

:popcorn: Like Rasheed gets any benefit from the refs.

Sorry, no such picture. Perhaps you could provide any such picture? What I see in the video is Hamilton slapping James across the chest and James smacking his arm away. LINK
Wow, they didn't call Rip for anything in that last possession? Daaammmmmn.

Capella said:
may or may not have been a foul (I think it was, Rip was draped on him), but Wade was getting those calls last year.
Yep. Go back and watch the foul called against Nowitzki in game 5 last year, and then ask yourself if there should have been a foul called last night. I think it is pretty obvious. It seems like Lebron James cannot win. He makes a great pass, but is criticized when the guy misses the potential game-winning shot in game 1. Then in game 2, he actually takes the shot, gets hammered, and no foul is called. I am sure it will all be his fault somehow, too, though. :bye:

matuski said:
GroveDiesel said:
GroveDiesel said:

This is no surprise. The officiating in the NBA seems to get worse every year. Yet another reason to not want to watch. It's ridiculous they wouldn't call a foul with that type of contact at the end of the game. I hate those guys. :bye:

matuski said:
GroveDiesel said:
GroveDiesel said:

:bye:

As much as I'm unimpressed with LBJ for the most part that looked like he sought and got enough contact to go to the line there.

His second half disappearance cost them the game, not the end stuff though. He had what? 4 points in the second half up to the last couple minutes.

matuski said:
GroveDiesel said:
GroveDiesel said:

:thumbup:
you can't see a damn thing on that crappy link above.try this one and freeze on :06 second mark.

Lebron pushes off, Rip fouls - no call, simple. :thumbup:

No doubt Lebron needs to be more consistent throughout the game, but not calling a foul on that last posession is criminal. Hamilton was draped on his arm/body all the way down the lane, and there was body and arm contact on the shot.

Plus, Wallace blatantly shoved Varejo under the basket on the rebound (although id never expect that one to be called)

Lebron had to take that shot after what happened in game 1, and the pistons knew it. They dared the refs to call a foul, and they swallowed their whistles. Im not a Cavs fan or anything, but that sucks IMO.

And the more i see the game 1 replay, the more convinced i am that Lebron could have taken 1 more step and dunked it.

matuski said:
GroveDiesel said:
GroveDiesel said:

you can't see a damn thing on that crappy link above.try this one and freeze on :06 second mark.

there is a difference between pushing off and slapping the defenders arm off of your chest.

One thing that's not LBJs fault is the use of the last time out around the 24 second mark by Mike Brown.

Whether or not the "play" was to get a quick shot after the time out or wait for the last shot is unknown. So I can't comment on that part, but they surely left little time after LBJs miss and the rebound miss.

But, instead of calling that timeout, Brown should have instructed LBJ to get the ball and take it in quick. If there is a no call or a missed shot, the Cavs would have just fouled and been down at most 3 points, maybe just 2 points, WITH a time out to move the ball to half court for a final possession. If they made a shot, let the Pistons decide if they wanted to take a last second shot.

matuski said:
GroveDiesel said:
GroveDiesel said:

The Youtube link is MUCH better than the AOL one. Don't know what you're talking about. The live play isn't so great but the replay is much closer in and it's absolutely crystal clear that Hamilton rakes James across the body and James swats his hand away. There's nothing even close to a push off.

matuski said:
GroveDiesel said:
GroveDiesel said:

This is no surprise. The officiating in the NBA seems to get worse every year. Yet another reason to not want to watch. It's ridiculous they wouldn't call a foul with that type of contact at the end of the game. I hate those guys. :bag:
Officiating is the main problem right now in the NBA imo. If this is a regular season game against Memphis, is this foul called? Absolutely. It really is a bad way of doing things when calls are made and not made depending on game situation, player with ball, player guarding player with ball. A foul in the early game can often be dupliated without a call late in the game and since players know this, it would be silly to think they don't play rougher defense on purpose knowing the refs don't want to blow the whistle and allow the players to decide.

That play happens in the first quarter, there is a foul. In a regular season game, there is a foul. But hey, this is the end of the 4th quarter in a playoff game so my definition of foul gets changed so this is a no call.

Users who are viewing this thread