What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Master of Puppets (1 Viewer)

Cunk

Footballguy
Some of you might not of ever heard "Master of Puppets" by Metallica. I recommend you listen to it.

:Understatement:

Some of you might not of ever heard "Master of Puppets" by Metallica. I recommend you listen to it.

do you mean the song, or the album? I reccomend the whole album. Truely Metallica at it's finest.20 years ago...wow.

do you mean the song, or the album? I reccomend the whole album. Truely Metallica at it's finest.20 years ago...wow.
Maybe this is a dumb question, but who hasn't heard of MOP?

Maybe this is a dumb question, but who hasn't heard of MOP?
:shrug: it has been 20 years...anyone listening to todays Metallica might not be so inclined to dig into their older stuff...

Master! Master!

Where's the dreams that I've been after?

Master! Master!

Promised only lies.

Laughter! Laughter!

All I hear and see is laughter.

Laughter! Laughter!

Laughing at my cries.

This whole album kicks ###.

Yeah I heard that movie "Back to the Future" is pretty damn good too...A shame about the Challenger exploding though.

Damage, Inc. is the name of one of my fantasy teams each year.

edit: one of the lines from that song is part of my sig.

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize they're not in touring condition, but Lars really looked to be struggling last night. Like barely able to even keep the beat. He's always been the weak link live, but he looked like he might have been sick or even fallen off the wagon. I thought the others sounded great.

I realize they're not in touring condition, but Lars really looked to be struggling last night. Like barely able to even keep the beat. He's always been the weak link live, but he looked like he might have been sick or even fallen off the wagon. I thought the others sounded great.
kinda felt bad for them at the show last night. whoever was mixing, at least from the HBO feed, did them a disservice. vocals missing a couple of times outside of James messing up his own mic, bass missing in a couple parts as well.

agree with Lars struggling: he looked out of shape.

most disappointing was the crowd. i know it wasn't a stadium show with Metallica headlining, but the first 20 rows were more interested in recording the show on their phones than putting a fist in the air. of course, it took "Enter Sandman" for that to happen, and that's all the "new" Metallica fans want to hear anyway.

\m/

kinda felt bad for them at the show last night. whoever was mixing, at least from the HBO feed, did them a disservice. vocals missing a couple of times outside of James messing up his own mic, bass missing in a couple parts as well.

agree with Lars struggling: he looked out of shape.

most disappointing was the crowd. i know it wasn't a stadium show with Metallica headlining, but the first 20 rows were more interested in recording the show on their phones than putting a fist in the air. of course, it took "Enter Sandman" for that to happen, and that's all the "new" Metallica fans want to hear anyway.

\m/
Most of what we saw on TV was the forward section that was reserved for military families. And I think they had already weeded all the Metallica fans out and put them on the back of the stage.

I realize it's one of their more well-known songs, but MOP was a strange choice for the occasion. Especially given how misunderstood it's likely to be by some military people unfamiliar with it. I wonder if maybe Lars has fallen off the wagon and that was James giving him the bizness. It was in the low 50s by the time they went on and he was sweating like a pig right off the bat.

:tinfoilhat:

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize it's one of their more well-known songs, but MOP was a strange choice for the occasion. Especially given how misunderstood it's likely to be by some military people unfamiliar with it. I wonder if maybe Lars has fallen off the wagon and that was James giving him the bizness. It was in the low 50s by the time they went on and he was sweating like a pig right off the bat.

:tinfoilhat:
i figured they went MOP because it's one of their more popular songs (with fans at least) and there's a chorus to chant along to.

"Disposable Heroes," "Battery," or even "One" would have worked, though with the tone of the event those might have come off as inappropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread