What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:Merged: Parcells - Owens (1 Viewer)

When do you think Parcells will retire?

• Anytime T.O signing was the final straw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After Season he will stick it out one more year

• not sure he might wait and see if he can handle T.O.

• midseason after first or secnd T.O incident

• Total voters

Buckeyedawgs

Footballguy
News just came out Parcells not happy. So why not put a poll out on our prediction how much longer he will be coach of the Cowboys?

My guess is anytie. The days are numbered!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/404972p-342987c.html

this article doesn't really clearify anything. But there is increased speculation all over the football world he could leave anytime or deal with it his last year so I just

thought it would be a nice poll to put out. Roto is speculating it could be soon also. He loved Keyshawn. Another reaon for him to be upset. Could you imagine Keyshawn and T.O both on same team? haha

Another good poll question over this would be do you think Parcells will punch T.O at some point if he does stick around? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought news of this broke yesterday...on April 1st. I'm pretty sure it is an April Fools day prank...with an ounce of truth... :banned:

PARCELLS RETIREMENT RUMORS FLYEven though the lead item of our annual April Fool's edition regarding the resignation of Cowboys coach Bill Parcells is phony, we're hearing rumors that Parcells might indeed pack it in after three years with the Cowboys.The catalyst for the speculation is the addition of former Eagles receiver Terrell Owens, which might have occurred without the input or over the objection of the head coach.Parcells has said nothing about the arrival of Owens, and Parcells was the only coach who blew off the ownership meetings in Florida this week.  His absence has fueled talk that he's very unhappy with the signing of Owens, and that Parcells doesn't want to have to talk about the situation to the media, or to anyone else.The deeper problem here is that the events of the past two weeks have created the impression that Parcells has no say in what goes on with his team.  For a guy like Parcells, who plops more football knowledge into the porcelain every day that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones ever will acquire, the notion of being undermined publicly is the last thing he deserves, especially as his coaching career moves into its final days.

There is increasing speculation that Bill Parcells is close to retirement because of the Terrell Owens signing.

The New York Daily News, profootballtalk.com, and other sources believe Parcells could consider retiring this offseason or will gear up for one final year. The Terrell Owens signing was reportedly not his idea. Apr. 2 - 10:50 am et

here is a few other sources! vote as you pleae.

I remember back in December Parcells wasn't high on Owens. Jerry Jones is a different matter though. I tried to find where I read it and found this:

-- Parcells Shuns Owens --

Sun Dec 4, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Dallas Cowboys HC Bill Parcells said he wants nothing to do with Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens.

I believe that Parcells skipped the owners meeting last year also. I can't confirm or deny this however.

Parcells will coach one more year and then see, as he seems to have been doing for several years.

This could be the Tuna's greatest work. It is possible he is trying to give TO some of his own medicine. TO might feel like he has to prove something now. :lmao:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5464302

Bill Parcells doesn't think Terrell Owens will be a problem for the Cowboys. (Ronald Martinez / Getty Images)

Tuna OK with Owens

There has been a lot of debate in Dallas that Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells wasn't keen on acquiring bad-boy receiver Terrell Owens. That's not exactly true. Twice in the final week of negotiations with Owens and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, Dallas owner Jerry Jones and his son, Stephen, the club's contract negotiator, asked Parcells if he was OK with T.O.; talks heated up, and he gave the thumbs up.

"Bill is fine with this," Jones said.

Although Parcells was in Florida watching exhibition baseball with his good friend, ex-Green Bay GM Ron Wolf, he knew what was going on with the Cowboys and Owens. A lot of football people believe that Parcells and T.O. won't be able to co-exist, but they fail to realize that Owens has always been a very strong practice player besides being very competitive on the field.

Now, Owens can be a huge distraction like he was in Philadelphia last season, but you should remember that in his first year with the Eagles he was the team MVP, and he shocked the world by rehabbing from a broken fibula to play in the Super Bowl that season. Now that he has his money in Dallas, Jones and the Cowboys expect T.O. to be on his best behavior this season.

In 2007, who knows? By then, Parcells could be retiring. You can bet his decision will be based on how T.O. and the Cowboys, who still don't have a quarterback for the future, play this season.

I would like for Parcells to comment on this himself instead everybody else saying he is "OK" with it. On the other hand, if he isn't OK with it, it wouldn't be the best thing to admit at this point.

Terrell Owens, according to my chrystal and magic eight balls, will never have discipline or injury problems in Dallas.

(Wishful T.O. dynasty owner. :unsure: :loco: :confused: :X :rolleyes: :( :wall: :no: :whistle: :bag: :hophead: :toilet: :crazy: )

Fat chance.

I highly doubt that if Parcells or Jones had a problem with Owens, he would have been brought in...

Doesn't Parcells consider retiring after EVERY season?? There was speculation he was going to retire THIS offseason. Now that TO is a cowboy it will be his fault when Parcells does retire. :rolleyes: Even if it is in two or three years.

Nice article, from NEW YORK, not from Texas. let me know when a real story surfaces..
So unless the story is broken in Texas, it's not real?
Yeah that is exactly what I meant. :rolleyes: The fact is there are all of these "rumblings" but none of them are from the Cowboys, or sources close to the Cowboys, or anyone in the Cowboys camp. When it starts coming out of there, I will beleive it.

If you think Jerry Jones made this decision without Parcell's OK, then you know nothing about how things have been run in Dallas the past few years.

Doesn't Parcells consider retiring after EVERY season?? There was speculation he was going to retire THIS offseason. Now that TO is a cowboy it will be his fault when Parcells does retire. :rolleyes: Even if it is in two or three years.
He's the Brett Favre of coaches.

There is increasing speculation that Bill Parcells is close to retirement because of the Terrell Owens signing.

The New York Daily News, profootballtalk.com, and other sources believe Parcells could consider retiring this offseason or will gear up for one final year. The Terrell Owens signing was reportedly not his idea. Apr. 2 - 10:50 am et

here is a few other sources! vote as you pleae.
thanksI did see some April Fools articles on this. Some of those look to have some meat to em'. I'm not sure here.

I did see on NFLNetwork that they said "Parcells is out of town as he always is this time of year and couldn't be there for the press conference but did talk to TO over the phone"(real real real close to that if not word for word)

Not sure where he goes this time of year but I'd expect to NJ to be with his family before minicamps and draft gets super close.

Anyhow, when I heard that I thought people would "run with it".

I noticed TO called Drew recently(I'll look for link) and I can't help but think Parcells influence right there.

Parcells also got an extension or raise or somesuch from Jones not too long ago.

The Keyshawn cut wouldn't make sense if Parcells didn't know TO was coming. They only offerred Crayton a 1 year 385k deal so hardly a committment to him as the Key replacement.

I think it's best to sit back and wait here. You know with the Tuna and TO we'll hear more.

Not sure if you're gettin' scooped here or good post Buckeye. I appreciate the effort though

parcells is playing this perfectly

make TO prove it to him...why give him a public "stamp of approval"?

no matter what parcells says the same questions will be asked over and over - so why answer them at all?

parcells is playing this perfectly

make TO prove it to him...why give him a public "stamp of approval"?

no matter what parcells says the same questions will be asked over and over - so why answer them at all?
:goodposting:

Cannot wait until T.O. calls out Bill Parcells publically for being to 'old school' and 'how the game has past him by' because of his tendency to run instead of pass.

bri, your link is nothing really noteable either.

simply a reporters opinion.

RANDY GALLOWAY

In My Opinion

I found it interesting and agree with the law 09 Parcells is playing this perfect. He will make Owens earn his respect! And I bet it never happens!

As for the phone call T.O calling Blesdoe on the golf coarse what do you expect? He wants the damn ball. Whats going to happen first time Blesdoe shoots him off or misses him being wide open? Or Parcells refuses to call plays for him?

Stay tuned.....

regardless of all these reports, what Parcells really thinks, this is an interesting poll to see what others think will happen.

I think it's a time bomb ticking.

And I think the quote in the Galloway article about T.O. screwing up twice and realizes this might be his last chance is all bull. There still is 29 teams left after this. Several that wanted him this time around!

I wanted him in Green Bay! To help send Favre off a winner. Would have been perfect for one year!

At least an article from Dallas bri.. Even if it is one reproters opinion it opffers further insights in all this.

By the way Parcells is tucked away in Florida keeping his opinions to himself! It is mentioned in the first article I posted!

Users who are viewing this thread