What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL Draft/Team Commentary (1 Viewer)

EBF

Footballguy
My squad:

QBs - Tom Brady (3.14), Kurt Warner (6.03)

I reached a bit to get Brady as the QB2, but he seemed like the safest pick to me. He probably won't be the top QB next season, but he's durable and steady. Drafting him allowed me to take a chance on the injury-prone Warner, who could be huge in Arizona's offense.

RBs - DeShaun Foster (2.03), Travis Henry (8.03), Joseph Addai (10.03), Verron Haynes (14.03), Jerome Harrison (15.14)

This is definitely my weak spot. Taking Antonio Gates in the first meant that I wasn't going to have a shot at a good RB. I had hoped that Kevin Jones might fall to 2.03, but wound up rolling the dice with Foster. His injury history is a major concern, but he should be a top 15 RB when healthy and he could be as high as top 5-6.

I waited a long time on backups because I just didn't see any value at the position. Travis Henry is not a great #2 option, but he's going to get some touches each week and he could become pretty valuable in the event of a Chris Brown injury.

One of the things that struck me about the WSL drafts was how grossly undervalued the second tier rookie RBs seemed to be. Considering how high Bush and Williams went, I was happy to get Addai and Harrison as late and I did. They're obviously high-risk picks, but they could pay off huge.

Haynes was insurance/depth. He should get a couple points each week and could be a real steal if he takes over goal line duties.

WRs - Andre Johnson (4.03), Derrick Mason (5.14), Justin McCareins (9.14), Santonio Holmes (11.14), Dennis Northcutt (12.03), Reggie Williams (19.14), Demetrius Williams (20.03)

I had hoped to assemble a better crew here, but the good WRs didn't last as long as I projected them to. Johnson and Mason form an adequate 1-2 punch. McCareins is a boring pick, but he should be a quality WR3 in this format. Northcutt provides depth. He should get his catches here and there. The same goes for Reggie Williams.

Santonio Holmes and Demetrius Williams each offer the potential to have 600-800 receiving yard seasons if things fall the right way on draft day.

TEs - Antonio Gates (1.14), Ben Troupe (7.14)

When I saw that I had drawn the 1.14 slot, I knew that I wasn't going to get a crack at one of the top RBs. Rather than reach for a scrub, I decided to take Antonio Gates. Over the past two years, he's outscored Shaun Alexander in this format, so I'm plenty happy with him as my first round pick.

Troupe was too good to pass up in the 7th. He should give me some big games here and there.

PKs - Josh Brown (16.03), Olindo Mare (17.14)

Two kickers.

Defenses - Cowboys (13.14), Lions (18.03)

Two defenses.

Overall

Drafting on the ends is tough in such a big league. You can really get stuck on the end of some nasty runs. I definitely could've done a better job at RB and I could use another good WR, but the bottom line is that you're going to be weak somewhere in a league this big. I feel like my strength at QB and TE should help keep my team competitive. I don't have a lot of high-upside sleepers on my roster, but there are some steady performers there, and I could make a run at the title if I catch the right breaks (Addai, Harrison, or Henry making a big contribution would really help my chances).

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI...after the draft is completed, I'm offering $10 to the first person who picks both the first to get booted and the sole survivor. One attempt only, no edits, must be posted within a week of the draft completion, I not tracking it so you must remember this thread, no hanky panky from the mods.

My squad:

QBs - Tom Brady (3.14), Kurt Warner (6.03)

I reached a bit to get Brady as the QB2, but he seemed like the safest pick to me. He probably won't be the top QB next season, but he's durable and steady. Drafting him allowed me to take a chance on the injury-prone Warner, who could be huge in Arizona's offense.

RBs - DeShaun Foster (2.03), Travis Henry (8.03), Joseph Addai (10.03), Verron Haynes (14.03), Jerome Harrison (15.14)

This is definitely my weak spot. Taking Antonio Gates in the first meant that I wasn't going to have a shot at a good RB. I had hoped that Kevin Jones might fall to 2.03, but wound up rolling the dice with Foster. His injury history is a major concern, but he should be a top 15 RB when healthy and he could be as high as top 5-6.

I waited a long time on backups because I just didn't see any value at the position. Travis Henry is not a great #2 option, but he's going to get some touches each week and he could become pretty valuable in the event of a Chris Brown injury.

One of the things that struck me about the WSL drafts was how grossly undervalued the second tier rookie RBs seemed to be. Considering how high Bush and Williams went, I was happy to get Addai and Harrison as late and I did. They're obviously high-risk picks, but they could pay off huge.

Haynes was insurance/depth. He should get a couple points each week and could be a real steal if he takes over goal line duties.

WRs - Andre Johnson (4.03), Derrick Mason (5.14), Justin McCareins (9.14), Santonio Holmes (11.14), Dennis Northcutt (12.03), Reggie Williams (19.14), Demetrius Williams (20.03)

I had hoped to assemble a better crew here, but the good WRs didn't last as long as I projected them to. Johnson and Mason form an adequate 1-2 punch. McCareins is a boring pick, but he should be a quality WR3 in this format. Northcutt provides depth. He should get his catches here and there. The same goes for Reggie Williams.

Santonio Holmes and Demetrius Williams each offer the potential to have 600-800 receiving yard seasons if things fall the right way on draft day.

TEs - Antonio Gates (1.14), Ben Troupe (7.14)

When I saw that I had drawn the 1.14 slot, I knew that I wasn't going to get a crack at one of the top RBs. Rather than reach for a scrub, I decided to take Antonio Gates. Over the past two years, he's outscored Shaun Alexander in this format, so I'm plenty happy with him as my first round pick.

Troupe was too good to pass up in the 7th. He should give me some big games here and there.

PKs - Josh Brown (16.03), Olindo Mare (17.14)

Two kickers.

Defenses - Cowboys (13.14), Lions (18.03)

Two defenses.

Overall

Drafting on the ends is tough in such a big league. You can really get stuck on the end of some nasty runs. I definitely could've done a better job at RB and I could use another good WR, but the bottom line is that you're going to be weak somewhere in a league this big. I feel like my strength at QB and TE should help keep my team competitive. I don't have a lot of high-upside sleepers on my roster, but there are some steady performers there, and I could make a run at the title if I catch the right breaks (Addai, Harrison, or Henry making a big contribution would really help my chances).
QBs - A+ (Brady and Warner) - Can't ask for much more from the starter or backup. Although the backup can't stay healthy. RBs - D+ (I like Henry's chance to contribute, otherwise I would fail this bunch. Foster has never proven to be anything more than a flash player. Break a run, then break a leg. Won't even comment on the rookies, talented, but they're always a crapshoot. Cobbs and Turner were talented, but they couldn't contribute, but Mewelde did, go figure.

WRs - C (Andre J disappointed last year, but he'll bounce back. Mason's QB is up in the air, so I can't give him more than a B+, but McCairens as a 3 brings the B rating down to a C.

TEs - A++ Gates and Troupe... At 2 ppr, this makes up for the WR3 problem.

PK - B+ (Josh is at the top of his game. Mare is washed up.)

D - B+ I like the Cowboy / Lion combo.

Overall - The meat of this team will be struggling. Filled all other positions nicely, but I don't think you can expect much with the RB and WR group. This draft all surrounds the blind faith in Deshaun Foster. If he stays healthy, maybe, but I don't see much of a future for this squad.

2006- PDSL1 - picking 13/16

QB-Dono McNabb, Kyle Boller, Kerry Collins

McNabb should return and be solid, Philly passes 60% of the time. I thought I locked up the Baltimore passing game with Boller/ Collins but this McNair thing looks like it's gonna happen. McNabb has a week 9 bye, so maybe McNair will be hurt by then and Collins will land somewhere.

RB-Rudi Johnson,Julius Jones, Chris Perry, Shawn Bryson

I got Cincy totally covered with Rudi & Perry and there might be weeks when they both score good for me. Julius was good upside/risk pick in round 2, with TO in the fold and a young D, plus ya know the Tuna loves to run. Bryson will catch his 35/40 passes. There are worse groups in this league.

WR-Plaxico,Joe Horn, Jimmy Smith,Kevin Curtis,Brian Finneran,Keary Colbert, Troy Brown

My receivers are old reliable types. Plax is top 12, I think Horn could be reborn with Brees, Jimmy Sniff is long in the tooth, but leftwich looked to him more than Gerrard (I think). I think Curtis passes Bruce this year for good, Martz is gone but Linehan knows what he is doing. Finneran, Colbert and Brown should have some decent weeks here & there, What do I get when Troy picks off a pass?

TE- Mark Pollard, Dan Graham

Weak group but the Lions WR's all have issues, I can see Pollard gets decent numbers, and even though Watson has all the talent, the NE offense uses TE by committee it seems.

K- Jeff Wilkins, SeaBass

???

D- Pittsburgh, New Orleans

One of the best with one of the worse.

Overall I should survive for awhile my only real weekness is TE, but Im strong at RB,WR and Dono should do fine.

PDSL picking from the 16th spot.

QB - Palmer 5, Frye 6

RB - McAllister 7, Bell 4, Dayne 4, Bennett 7, Duckett 5

WR - St Smith, Kennison 3, D Bennett 7, Stokely 6, Pinkston 9, Ferguson 6

TE - McMichael 8, Everett 8

PK - Shayne Graham 5, Matt Bryant 4, Nedney 7

D - Ravens 7, Philly 9

QB - I think Palmer will be fine and carry the QB squad all season. No worries. Frye may only contribute the week Carson is on bye. They're at Carolina that week, so they'll have to throw.

RB - I went with the Saints and Broncos ground games. If they SHARE the load 50/50, then I'm in trouble, but my gut tells me Deuce gets the carries and Bennett only shines in an injury situation. The Denver situation revolves around who Shanny wants to have the ball, but again, each game, even RBBC, one of the RBs find a way to carry the load. Throw in Duckett with an injury to Dunn, which SEEMS overdue and I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out.

WR - Smitty takes a hit with the Key signing, but he's still reliable in this format as a Top 5 WR. Kennison is always undervalued and performs like a top 15-20 wideout. The signing of Givens and Volek's possibility will propel Bennett back to form. Stokely should have a better season with Edge gone. Pinkston still could be #1 over Reggie. From what I hear, this is the case, except for the most recent news that Reggie is impressing the coaches. Fergie could step up since it sounds like Javon isn't coming back. If Favre signs, his stock skyrockets from where I drafted him. This squad will surprise.

TE - McMichael will carry me. Culpepper and that offense should find him all day gray. Everett was a late sleeper that lasted for me. Hated the fact they have the same bye (8), but that's my only player off that week, so I went with him anyway.

PK - Took 3 POTENT kickers. Should post 10 each and every week from this spot.

D - Ravens and Philly. Research shows the defense tanked it when they were out of the runnin. When McNabb went down, so did the Defense. I expect them to rebound to early last season's form and complement the Top 5 Ravens D.

Very happy. Not a lot of big names, but I think this team is fairly balanced...

QB - Palmer 5, Frye 6

D - Ravens 7, Philly 9

QB - I think Palmer will be fine and carry the QB squad all season. No worries. Frye may only contribute the week Carson is on bye. They're at Carolina that week, so they'll have to throw.

RB - I went with the Saints and Broncos ground games. If they SHARE the load 50/50, then I'm in trouble, but my gut tells me Deuce gets the carries and Bennett only shines in an injury situation. The Denver situation revolves around who Shanny wants to have the ball, but again, each game, even RBBC, one of the RBs find a way to carry the load. Throw in Duckett with an injury to Dunn, which SEEMS overdue and I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out.

WR - Smitty takes a hit with the Key signing, but he's still reliable in this format as a Top 5 WR. Kennison is always undervalued and performs like a top 15-20 wideout. The signing of Givens and Volek's possibility will propel Bennett back to form. Stokely should have a better season with Edge gone. Pinkston still could be #1 over Reggie. From what I hear, this is the case, except for the most recent news that Reggie is impressing the coaches. Fergie could step up since it sounds like Javon isn't coming back. If Favre signs, his stock skyrockets from where I drafted him. This squad will surprise.

TE - McMichael will carry me. Culpepper and that offense should find him all day gray. Everett was a late sleeper that lasted for me. Hated the fact they have the same bye (8), but that's my only player off that week, so I went with him anyway.

D - Ravens and Philly. Research shows the defense tanked it when they were out of the runnin. When McNabb went down, so did the Defense. I expect them to rebound to early last season's form and complement the Top 5 Ravens D.

This is an outstanding team from the 16th hole.

QBs - A+ (Brady and Warner) - Can't ask for much more from the starter or backup. Although the backup can't stay healthy.

RBs - D+ (I like Henry's chance to contribute, otherwise I would fail this bunch. Foster has never proven to be anything more than a flash player. Break a run, then break a leg. Won't even comment on the rookies, talented, but they're always a crapshoot. Cobbs and Turner were talented, but they couldn't contribute, but Mewelde did, go figure.

WRs - C (Andre J disappointed last year, but he'll bounce back. Mason's QB is up in the air, so I can't give him more than a B+, but McCairens as a 3 brings the B rating down to a C.

Overall - The meat of this team will be struggling. Filled all other positions nicely, but I don't think you can expect much with the RB and WR group. This draft all surrounds the blind faith in Deshaun Foster. If he stays healthy, maybe, but I don't see much of a future for this squad.
Pretty fair grades, although I think you're being a bit hard on a few of the guys. McCareins is by no means a special talent, but history says he's going to be a decent WR3 in this format. This is a 16 team league, meaning WR40 is the median WR3. McCareins has finished around that number in each of the past three seasons. Given that he might actually have a competent QB this year, I can definitely see him cracking the top 40. My RBs aren't great, but I'll be in decent shape as long as Foster stays healthy. Look at what he did down the stretch last year as Carolina's featured guy. He posted very strong numbers. Obviously the injuries are legitimate gripe, but I think he offers a lot of value as Carolina's workhorse.

I also think that I could get good numbers from Addai or Harrison if things fall the right way for me on draft day. Addai is nipping at Maroney's heels in many RB rankings, but I was able to get him five rounds later. Given his skills as a receiver, he should at least give me decent depth.

Also, I think my advantage at TE is more important than it may seem. With 16 teams in the league, you can bet that I'm going to be killing a lot of people at that position on a regular basis.

Anyhow, I don't deny being weak at RB, but I still think I may have covered myself well enough to contend.

QB - Palmer 5, Frye 6

D - Ravens 7, Philly 9

I think you did a solid job. I wouldn't have taken Palmer given his injury problems, but I like Frye as a backup. You appear to be in pretty good shape at RB. The draft could hurt you if Denver adds a back, but I like that you got Duckett for so cheap.

I like your top four WRs. They should combine to form an above average group for you.

You appear to be in pretty good shape at TE. McMichael is an above average starter. Everett has some potential.

Overall, I like the team, but I think you might be particularly prone to down weeks. Whether or not Palmer bounces back is very important to your chances. If he's still hurt when the season starts, then you'll be in a bit of a hole.

QBs - A+ (Brady and Warner) - Can't ask for much more from the starter or backup. Although the backup can't stay healthy.

RBs - D+ (I like Henry's chance to contribute, otherwise I would fail this bunch. Foster has never proven to be anything more than a flash player. Break a run, then break a leg. Won't even comment on the rookies, talented, but they're always a crapshoot. Cobbs and Turner were talented, but they couldn't contribute, but Mewelde did, go figure.

Pretty fair grades, although I think you're being a bit hard on a few of the guys. McCareins is by no means a special talent, but history says he's going to be a decent WR3 in this format. This is a 16 team league, meaning WR40 is the median WR3. McCareins has finished around that number in each of the past three seasons. Given that he might actually have a competent QB this year, I can definitely see him cracking the top 40. My RBs aren't great, but I'll be in decent shape as long as Foster stays healthy. Look at what he did down the stretch last year as Carolina's featured guy. He posted very strong numbers. Obviously the injuries are legitimate gripe, but I think he offers a lot of value as Carolina's workhorse.

I also think that I could get good numbers from Addai or Harrison if things fall the right way for me on draft day. Addai is nipping at Maroney's heels in many RB rankings, but I was able to get him five rounds later. Given his skills as a receiver, he should at least give me decent depth.

Also, I think my advantage at TE is more important than it may seem. With 16 teams in the league, you can bet that I'm going to be killing a lot of people at that position on a regular basis.

Anyhow, I don't deny being weak at RB, but I still think I may have covered myself well enough to contend.
I really think Troupe was a wasted pick with Gates in hand. That pick would have been better spent apgrading the WR position. Troupe's 15 pts won't mean jack when Gates posts 20.

Vick/Schaub - 5

McNair - 7

Who knows what to expect of these QBs. Both starters are capable of some big games, but both can also put up some terrible numbers at times. I'd like to see McNair stay in Tennessee, but I guess someone will take him if he gets cut. I don't think I'll wind up with either player on any other roster of mine this year, but you don't need great QBs to win these things.

Jordan - 3

T.Jones - 7

M.Moore - 6

M.Pittman - 4

I like Jordan and think he'll be solid as my RB1. I also like T.Jones quite a bit, but not handcuffing him to Benson could hurt. I also didn't draft a legit RB3 in this league. Moore and Pittman should contribute a handful of games but probably not enough if one of my top 2 RBs gets hurt. Basically, hoping Jordan stays healthy and produces like a top-10 RB while the other 3 form some type of RB2BC.

Ward - 4

Glenn - 3

A.Bryant - 7

E.Parker - 3

C.Jackson - ?

D.Gabriel - 3

W.Welker - 8

Ward gives me a quality WR1 and should improve on his numbers from last year as the Steelers open up the offense a bit more. Glenn will see a ton of single coverage with the addition of Owens and put up some huge weeks. Bryant will be the main target in San Fran, but I'll need some improvement from the QBs there for that to mean much. I like Eric Parker and think he can become the #1 WR in San Diego this year. Chad Jackson will likely be the #1 WR drafted...which means he should get a chance to contribute right away. Gabriel is solid but will have to wait his turn behind Moss and Porter and maybe even Curry. Welker fills out the roster and has a decent matchup against the Titans in week 3 when I lose 3 WRs and my RB1 to a bye.

T.Heap - 7

S.Heiden - 6

Almost went with just 1 TE as I think Heap should score enough to count nearly every week. If he has another top-3 type season, that will be a huge help and will offset some of the weaknesses I have elsewhere.

J.Kasay - 9

R.Lindell - 8

Kasay is solid and plays on a good offense. Lindell had a great year on a terrible offense last year. He should get plenty of FG attempts if the Bills red zone offense continues to be among the most pathetic in the league.

Bengals - 5

Jets - 9

Bengals have a lot of playmakers on defense and have some young guys who should get even better. Jets play the Bills in week 3, so that should help on my main bye week problems.

Overall: I'm not crazy about this team...felt forced into taking a few guys that I didn't really like as there was very little value sliding to me. It's decent and reasonably well-balanced, but also carries a bit more risk than I'd like.

QB - Palmer 5, Frye 6

D - Ravens 7, Philly 9

This is an outstanding team from the 16th hole.
:goodposting: Nice squad. Philly will be a very nice defense for you. Interesting kicker angle.

QB: EManning (4), Favre(6), Nall(8)

I like Manning this year to be a solid fantasy starter. Favre announces his intentions in about 8 hours and I fear that he will retire. Nall...ah, Nall. I got nervous about Favre retiring. I needed someone who had the best chance of playing in a given week, even if it was only 7-9 points. I considered Schaub, Garrard and Volek. I didn't think any of them could win the job outright. I like Griese alot and have him in Z30, but mistakenly marked him off my cheatsheet as taken. Bad luck. I do like Nall and think he can win the job in BUF and turn into a solid QB2 in a couple of years. But I need him to really "step it up" this year.

RB: CWilliams(4), RBush(5), GJones(6), Davenport(6), Cobbs(4)

I really like this group and think it is a real strength. Caddy and Reggie should be great starters for me. I feel confident that Jones will see alot of action. I think that with an aging Green in front of him, Davenport can beat out Gado and see some action as well. Cobbs is a shot in the dark, but I like his odds as I don't think Bell has impressed, Dayne is a joke and I don't think the Broncos will draft a RB in the first.

WR: Holt(7), Houshmandzadeh(5), Lloyd(8), RWhite(5), Vines(8), McDonald(7), Parrish(8)

Decent group of WRs that should be able to keep me in it. Holt and Housh are pretty solid, although both could see some decline from last year. Lloyd is better suited for WAS than SF. I like Roddy White this year, even with Vick as his QB. Vines, McDonald and Parrish are all WR3 or WR4 guys who should see a decent number of receptions, even if their yards and TDs aren't high.

TE: Miller(4), Anderson(3)

Probably my downfall. I do see Miller with more receptions this year, but I really needed to back him up with a solid reception guy like Troupe, Stevens or Watson and I failed.

PK: Reed(4)

Trying the one PK strategy. Feel like Reed is a good one. I like the early Bye, but week 4 will be tough with Manning, Caddy, Miller and Reed off.

DEF: JAX(6), ARI(9)

Ehh...nothing great. Wanted to go with the 3rd DEF instead of the extra WR, but all that was left was SF.

If Favre somehow stays and plays decent and if I can get by week 4, I think I have a shot. But I need Miller in particular to produce better than I think he will.

QB: Leftwich, 6

QB: Grossman, 7

QB: Garrard, 6

Would have liked to grab Griese instead of Garrard, but Radballs reached on a QB that's not going to be starting week 1 so I'm fine with what I have here. Leftwich is one of my big sleepers this year and he put up very consistent numbers last year.

RB: McGahee, 8

RB: Dunn, 5

RB: M. Barber, 3

As usual, I think people reach on RB depth, and while they're doing that I solidify my other positions. Overall a very mediocre group but that's what happens when you draft near the end in this format. I like this group because they stay healthy, but I dislike this group because it lacks upside...until Julius Jones gets injured again :D

WR: Chambers, 8

WR: Roy Williams, 8

WR: Michael Clayton, 4

WR: Gaffney, 9

WR: Rogers, 8

WR: Bradley, 7

WR: Bradford, 8

WR: Marcus Robinson, 6

Got screwed at WR with my bye weeks in addition to McGahee my #1 RB. I will need to have drafted very well or get very lucky to get by week 8...oh well that's what happens with these early drafts. Would like to see Rogers get traded. Clayton was my favorite pick here.

TE: LJ Smith, 9

TE: Dallas Clark, 6

Was going to draft another TE(hasn't been drafted yet) as my 3rd TE, but I'm pretty happy with this group. You'll see LJ on a lot of my squads this year.

PK: Feely, 4

PK: Hanson, 8

Whatever.

DEF: Broncos, 4

DEF: Giants, 4

Bye week issue is annoying, but probably not a big deal. Couldn't afford to draft a 3rd D with the WR bye week situation.

2006- PDSL1 - picking 13/16

QB-Dono McNabb, Kyle Boller, Kerry Collins

McNabb should return and be solid, Philly passes 60% of the time. I thought I locked up the Baltimore passing game with Boller/ Collins but this McNair thing looks like it's gonna happen. McNabb has a week 9 bye, so maybe McNair will be hurt by then and Collins will land somewhere.

RB-Rudi Johnson,Julius Jones, Chris Perry, Shawn Bryson

I got Cincy totally covered with Rudi & Perry and there might be weeks when they both score good for me. Julius was good upside/risk pick in round 2, with TO in the fold and a young D, plus ya know the Tuna loves to run. Bryson will catch his 35/40 passes. There are worse groups in this league.

WR-Plaxico,Joe Horn, Jimmy Smith,Kevin Curtis,Brian Finneran,Keary Colbert, Troy Brown

My receivers are old reliable types. Plax is top 12, I think Horn could be reborn with Brees, Jimmy Sniff is long in the tooth, but leftwich looked to him more than Gerrard (I think). I think Curtis passes Bruce this year for good, Martz is gone but Linehan knows what he is doing. Finneran, Colbert and Brown should have some decent weeks here & there, What do I get when Troy picks off a pass?

TE- Mark Pollard, Dan Graham

Weak group but the Lions WR's all have issues, I can see Pollard gets decent numbers, and even though Watson has all the talent, the NE offense uses TE by committee it seems.

K- Jeff Wilkins, SeaBass

???

D- Pittsburgh, New Orleans

One of the best with one of the worse.

Overall I should survive for awhile my only real weekness is TE, but Im strong at RB,WR and Dono should do fine.
I typed out a recap of this team last night, but somehow my 1 yr old Simon found a way to make it disappear! QB - A (McNabb will find a way to be Top 5. Your backups could find a way to put up numbers.)

RB - A- (Love the combo of Rudi/Perry. Julius disappointed last year, but my gut says he comes on the scene. )

WR - B+ (Plax is top 10, Horn is slowing down and early in this off season I expected a rebound, but I have since changed my opinion. He's obviously lost a step and I'm not sure we'll see Horn come close to year's past. I think Jimmy will make a good WR2 and Horn your #3. Throw in Curtis and this squad will be fine. )

TE - D (Rather weak. Waited too long. I wouldn't count on Pollard at this point or anybody in that offense. )

PK - A (Can't go wrong with those 2)

D - A (Pittsburgh carries the load)

Nice draft man, good balance, although the Tight End spot worries me a bit, this team will find a way to advance far in my opinion.

Vick/Schaub - 5

McNair - 7

Who knows what to expect of these QBs. Both starters are capable of some big games, but both can also put up some terrible numbers at times. I'd like to see McNair stay in Tennessee, but I guess someone will take him if he gets cut. I don't think I'll wind up with either player on any other roster of mine this year, but you don't need great QBs to win these things.

Jordan - 3

T.Jones - 7

M.Moore - 6

M.Pittman - 4

I like Jordan and think he'll be solid as my RB1. I also like T.Jones quite a bit, but not handcuffing him to Benson could hurt. I also didn't draft a legit RB3 in this league. Moore and Pittman should contribute a handful of games but probably not enough if one of my top 2 RBs gets hurt. Basically, hoping Jordan stays healthy and produces like a top-10 RB while the other 3 form some type of RB2BC.

Ward - 4

Glenn - 3

A.Bryant - 7

E.Parker - 3

C.Jackson - ?

D.Gabriel - 3

W.Welker - 8

Ward gives me a quality WR1 and should improve on his numbers from last year as the Steelers open up the offense a bit more. Glenn will see a ton of single coverage with the addition of Owens and put up some huge weeks. Bryant will be the main target in San Fran, but I'll need some improvement from the QBs there for that to mean much. I like Eric Parker and think he can become the #1 WR in San Diego this year. Chad Jackson will likely be the #1 WR drafted...which means he should get a chance to contribute right away. Gabriel is solid but will have to wait his turn behind Moss and Porter and maybe even Curry. Welker fills out the roster and has a decent matchup against the Titans in week 3 when I lose 3 WRs and my RB1 to a bye.

T.Heap - 7

S.Heiden - 6

Almost went with just 1 TE as I think Heap should score enough to count nearly every week. If he has another top-3 type season, that will be a huge help and will offset some of the weaknesses I have elsewhere.

J.Kasay - 9

R.Lindell - 8

Kasay is solid and plays on a good offense. Lindell had a great year on a terrible offense last year. He should get plenty of FG attempts if the Bills red zone offense continues to be among the most pathetic in the league.

Bengals - 5

Jets - 9

Bengals have a lot of playmakers on defense and have some young guys who should get even better. Jets play the Bills in week 3, so that should help on my main bye week problems.

Overall: I'm not crazy about this team...felt forced into taking a few guys that I didn't really like as there was very little value sliding to me. It's decent and reasonably well-balanced, but also carries a bit more risk than I'd like.
QB - B (Vick and McNair aren't the picture of health. A MUST have backup in Schaub. I disagree however about your QB statement. You may look at the winner and see they didn't have an A+ QB, but many a week, QB has eliminated a team.RB - A (Jordan and Jones keep you consistent, although watch for Benson to eat into T Jones earlier than expected. They'll want to see what he can do and with Peterson cutting carries, I think Jones will have a few EXPLOSIVE games and a few BUST games. Better hope that Mewelde gets 10 carries a game.

WR - B (Can't argue with Ward as a #1, Glenn will see a dropoff, but should be a decent #2. Bryant a solid #3 with a few down weeks where he'll find a way to disappear. I like Parker as a 4, Gabriel as a 5. Do I see Chad Jackson busting out? Probably not, but he could surprise and count for score a week or two. Lots of picks here and understandably so. The 2 and 3 aren't impressive, but they'll do.

TE - A (Heap's at the top of his game, but who will be throwing to him? Guess it doesn't matter, they'll find him. Heiden is capable.

PK - B+ (Kasay and Lindell are a solid combo. Both offenses will struggle in the redzone.)

D - B (Bengals and Jets will be surprise D's this year.)

Overall - Solid draft, but I'm not wowed. Kind of like my team, no position is hurting, but no position stands out. Could surprise with no apparent weakness.

I hope your QB statement doesn't come back to haunt you.

QB: EManning (4), Favre(6), Nall(8)

I like Manning this year to be a solid fantasy starter. Favre announces his intentions in about 8 hours and I fear that he will retire. Nall...ah, Nall. I got nervous about Favre retiring. I needed someone who had the best chance of playing in a given week, even if it was only 7-9 points. I considered Schaub, Garrard and Volek. I didn't think any of them could win the job outright. I like Griese alot and have him in Z30, but mistakenly marked him off my cheatsheet as taken. Bad luck. I do like Nall and think he can win the job in BUF and turn into a solid QB2 in a couple of years. But I need him to really "step it up" this year.

RB: CWilliams(4), RBush(5), GJones(6), Davenport(6), Cobbs(4)

I really like this group and think it is a real strength. Caddy and Reggie should be great starters for me. I feel confident that Jones will see alot of action. I think that with an aging Green in front of him, Davenport can beat out Gado and see some action as well. Cobbs is a shot in the dark, but I like his odds as I don't think Bell has impressed, Dayne is a joke and I don't think the Broncos will draft a RB in the first.

WR: Holt(7), Houshmandzadeh(5), Lloyd(8), RWhite(5), Vines(8), McDonald(7), Parrish(8)

Decent group of WRs that should be able to keep me in it. Holt and Housh are pretty solid, although both could see some decline from last year. Lloyd is better suited for WAS than SF. I like Roddy White this year, even with Vick as his QB. Vines, McDonald and Parrish are all WR3 or WR4 guys who should see a decent number of receptions, even if their yards and TDs aren't high.

TE: Miller(4), Anderson(3)

Probably my downfall. I do see Miller with more receptions this year, but I really needed to back him up with a solid reception guy like Troupe, Stevens or Watson and I failed.

PK: Reed(4)

Trying the one PK strategy. Feel like Reed is a good one. I like the early Bye, but week 4 will be tough with Manning, Caddy, Miller and Reed off.

DEF: JAX(6), ARI(9)

Ehh...nothing great. Wanted to go with the 3rd DEF instead of the extra WR, but all that was left was SF.

If Favre somehow stays and plays decent and if I can get by week 4, I think I have a shot. But I need Miller in particular to produce better than I think he will.
QB - A (The BIG story here is Nall.. What more can be said about Nall that hasn't alreayd been said. Nall = WOW. Nall = WHOA. With Nall on the squad, what more needs to be said?)In all seriousness, Eli and Favre (returning) make it a top notch bunch.

RB - B+ (Caddy is Top 10. Bush is a question mark Year 1. Dynasty awesome, redraft, I expect 50/50 carries at best. He'll make a good wideout so he'll find a way to contribute anyway. You'll get some production from Jones I'm sure.

WR - B+ (I would have given an A-, but Lloyd as the 3 seems weak to me. Holt and Housh are top notch, but its a big dropoff after that. Rod will contribute a week or 3, but I don't see much in the other picks if anything.

TE - C- (Heath and Courtney. Not alot of balls but an occasional TD. Heath will be better year 2.)

PK - C (Reed is great, but no depth will hurt. You need points from the position and some weeks you'll take a 3 and have to live with it.

D - B (Jax and Arizona will be more than solid. I think you'll be real happy with them.

Overall - Eli, Holt, Housh, Bush and Caddy. There's the squad. If anybody else contributes, its a plus. This is a GREAT DYNASTY squad, but not so sure about redraft. Give it another year, and it will be for sure... Have you been playin dynasty lately?

QB: Leftwich, 6

QB: Grossman, 7

QB: Garrard, 6

Would have liked to grab Griese instead of Garrard, but Radballs reached on a QB that's not going to be starting week 1 so I'm fine with what I have here. Leftwich is one of my big sleepers this year and he put up very consistent numbers last year.

RB: McGahee, 8

RB: Dunn, 5

RB: M. Barber, 3

As usual, I think people reach on RB depth, and while they're doing that I solidify my other positions. Overall a very mediocre group but that's what happens when you draft near the end in this format. I like this group because they stay healthy, but I dislike this group because it lacks upside...until Julius Jones gets injured again :D

WR: Chambers, 8

WR: Roy Williams, 8

WR: Michael Clayton, 4

WR: Gaffney, 9

WR: Rogers, 8

WR: Bradley, 7

WR: Bradford, 8

WR: Marcus Robinson, 6

Got screwed at WR with my bye weeks in addition to McGahee my #1 RB. I will need to have drafted very well or get very lucky to get by week 8...oh well that's what happens with these early drafts. Would like to see Rogers get traded. Clayton was my favorite pick here.

TE: LJ Smith, 9

TE: Dallas Clark, 6

Was going to draft another TE(hasn't been drafted yet) as my 3rd TE, but I'm pretty happy with this group. You'll see LJ on a lot of my squads this year.

PK: Feely, 4

PK: Hanson, 8

Whatever.

DEF: Broncos, 4

DEF: Giants, 4

Bye week issue is annoying, but probably not a big deal. Couldn't afford to draft a 3rd D with the WR bye week situation.
QB - B (I too have faith that Lefty will rebound. You snagged his backup which is a solid move. Grossman will find a way to contribute as well. RB - B- (Thin, but productive duo. Injuries happen in this league and I think you'll find a few weeks where you'll take a gooseegg. Can the rest of your team sustain the hit will be the question.

WR - B- (All these players and all I really see is Chambers. Roy has severe question marks about him. Health and QB to start. His name rings of a solid #2, but I'm not sure his performance will WOW us. Solid # 2 ? Prolly so. After that, its a severely disappointing Mike Clayton. Was he a product of Griese's affection? Simms sure hasn't taken a liking to him. I doubt his ability to hold it down as your #3. Again, he's a better dynasty prospect than anything. After that its Gaffney, Rogers, Bradley, Robinson, and Bradford. Throwing darts, hoping for a big week. Are any of them capable of a 20 point week? With this kind of depth ANYTHING is possible.

TE - A- (I love this combo. Very important to have 2 guys. Wish I did.

PK - B+ (Nice combo, reliable.)

D - A- (Nice combo, reliable.)

Overall, if the stable of wideouts produces 3 solid performances each week, I think you could go far. The RB depth scares me and average performance at best from the QB. Usually when I sacrifice 7-10 points from my QB spot, I hope to make it up elsewhere. Looking at this squad, I'm not sure where that 7-10 points is at.

QB: Bulger 7, Simms 4 - One of the better duos in the league and both have plenty of targets and a solid running game to open up the secondary. B+

RB: James 9, Rhodes 6, Moats 9, Turner 3, Suggs 6, Griffin 3 - If Rhodes wins the starting job, this will be an impressive group. I expect Moats to get carries after what he showed last year. I think you'll see more carries for Turner and Griffin as the coaches try to reduce the wear on LT and LJ. Hoping Suggs can win a 3rd down back job. I really only need one of 5 to contribute each week and I'll be fine at RB. B

WR: Moss 3, Wayne 6, Brown 9, Williams (Det) 8, Caldwell 6, Carter 9 Hilliard 4 - Could be the best one-two punch in this league. I'm very high on Brown to break out this year and think Williams will find a role in Det. Caldwell is the best WR5 in this league and Brady will find him deep on several occasions. Carter will surprise as Carolina's WR3. Hilliard was added for some bye week coverage...I'll have 4 WRs posting scores every week. A+

TE: Whiten 3, Alexander 4 - Solid. Can't argue Whiten's talent. Alexander's targets increased towards the end of last year and the Putz is now in Houston. A-

K: Vinatieri 6, Tynes 3 - Tops in the league...yawn. A

D: Chicago 7 - Would like to have two D's, but the byes of the remaining defenses wouldn't have helped. Chicago can't get hurt and has a lot of playmakers. C

I feel better about this team then any other 16 team squad I've ever drafted. The draft flowed right to me...my must have guys dropped to me, and my sleepers lasted a round longer then I expected. Barring injury, this team will go deep into the year.

My team:

QB – Drew Brees (4.13) (Bye - 7)

QB - Mark Brunell (7.04) (Bye - 8)

QB - Jason Campbell (15.04) (Bye - 8)

After drafting Portis and S. Moss, coupling Brunell made the most sense at QB2 to go for a few big scoring weeks and immunity. Campbell was a must have handcuff, which did cost me a valuable roster spot, but I got him late enough.

Brees would have been a nice QB to pair with TE Zach Hilton, who went far earlier than I expected after reviewing the WSL drafts.

Grade: B

RB – Clinton Portis (1.04) (Bye - 8)

RB - Reuben Droughns (2.13) (Bye - 6)

RB - Curtis Martin (6.13) (Bye - 9)

RB - Mike Anderson (10.13) (Bye - 7)

RB - Maurice Hicks (13.04) (Bye - 7)

Debated Portis and L. Jordan here, (who Ruds stole at pick 8), but the Washington Redskin theme was off and running. Droughns was a coup at 2.13 I thought, and CMart was a nice grab as a third. I would have liked to had Houston as a handcuff, but Mike Anderson is probably the most viable #2 RB and will catch a lot of balls out of the Raven backfield, something Jamal Lewis hates to do. Hicks is a HR hitter with a chance to start. Definitely a team strength.

Grade: A

WR – Santana Moss (3.04) (Bye – 8)

WR – Joe Jurevicius (8.13) (Bye – 6)

WR – Samie Parker (9.04 (Bye – 3)

WR – Bobby Engram (11.04) (Bye – 5)

WR – Antwaan Randle El (12.13) (Bye – 8)

WR – DJ Hackett (19.04) (Bye – 5)

A volatile group, with Moss being a Pro Bowl caliber WR last year but who knows if he will repeat. Certainly a good chance to get a week with 2 TDs and 150+ yards. JJ is, IMHO, the #1 WR option in Cleveland until Edwards is 100% healthy. I was targeting Reggie Brown at that pick, but he got snagged one pick before me. Parker is a good young WR at the #2 in a pass-happy KC offense, despite LJ. Engram was a late round theft who is a favorite of Hasselbeck in the red zone. ARE completed the Washington motif who can score points in multiple ways. DJ Hackett is an all or nothing type WR in Seattle who will likely be used like JJ was last year. He is the SEA equivalent of Drew Carter.

TE – Alge Crumpler (5.04) (Bye – 5)

TE - Adam Bergen (16.13) (Bye – 9)

Crumpler is the clear #1 receiver in Atlanta, and could approach 75 receptions. Bergen was a nice backup out of Arizona, but wanted Zach Hilton in Round 10.

Grade: B+

PK – John Carney (17.04), (Bye – 7)

PK – Martin Gramatica (20.13) (Bye – 6)

NO will put up some points but could falter from close in. Gramatica was a late signing / late steal.

D – Miami (14.13), (Bye – 8)

D – Cleveland (18.13) (Bye – 6)

Miami has a great schedule, getting Buffalo and the Jets twice, Ten, Hou, GB, and Chicago. Cleveland is an excellent compliment to them, as their byes are perfectly aligned such that both play the Jets on the others' bye week.

Overall I was happy with how it played out, but I could have used Reggie Brown and Zach Hilton, and some improvement at WR. Got very lucky with the bye weeks.i

RB: James 9, Rhodes 6, Moats 9, Turner 3, Suggs 6, Griffin 3 - If Rhodes wins the starting job, this will be an impressive group. I expect Moats to get carries after what he showed last year. I think you'll see more carries for Turner and Griffin as the coaches try to reduce the wear on LT and LJ. Hoping Suggs can win a 3rd down back job. I really only need one of 5 to contribute each week and I'll be fine at RB. B
Seriously? You have one starting running back, and he's the Arizona back.

QB: Trent Green (6.05), Chad Pennington (12.05), Brian Griese (13.12)

Should be above average here if either Pennington or Griese is starting. In a bit of trouble if Green is the only one playing. B-

RB: Ronnie Brown (1.12), Ahman Green (4.05), Priest Holmes (9.12), Kevan Barlow (10.05), Samkon Gado (11.12)

Good depth but I need a couple things to break my way. If Ricky Williams doesn't get his suspension overturned, Brown's value goes up a lot. Ahman needs to come back strong but I've got Gado to cover him in case he doesn't. If Priest doesn't retire and gets 20-25% of the KC rushing attack, I get a huge bonus. Barlow will be a 10th round steal if he gets the majority of the SF carries. B

WR: Chad Johnson (2.05), Donald Driver (5.12), David Givens (8.05), Bryant Johnson (14.05), Greg Lewis (17.12), Justin Gage (20.05)

Nice group of starters with the first three. Depth is significantly lacking but hopefully one of the other three will emerge to provide help during bye weeks. B

TE: Jeremy Shockey (3.12), Jerramy Stevens (7.12)

Without question, the strength of my squad. My lack of a decent WR4 will be more than made up for with this duo. A

K: Jason Elam (15.12), Josh Scobee (18.05)

Fine here. B+

DEF: New England Defense (16.05), Oakland Defense (19.12)

New England's defense played better in the second half of the season as they got healthier. Oakland's defense can only get better. B

This is a fairly balanced team with terrific TE strength. No significant bye week conflicts. Like everyone else I need a few breaks to go the distance but I like my chances.

QB

4.10 bostonfred - Drew Bledsoe, QB7, DAL

7.07 bostonfred - Brad Johnson, QB23, MIN

I doubt anyone looks at these QBs and puts them any better than middle of the pack, but I'm pretty happy with them. I like Bledsoe a lot this year. The quarterback throwing to Owens has traditionally been top three in the league. Then again, I made the same arguments for Collins last year. I drafted Brad Johnson thinking that the Vikings let go Culpepper because they were willing to go through a season or two with him as the starter, but if recent rumors are true and the Vikings draft a QB, this becomes tenuous at best. C+

1.07 bostonfred - Steven Jackson, RB7, STL

3.07 bostonfred - Jamal Lewis, RB25, BAL

10.10 bostonfred - Cedric Houston, RB51, NYJ

15.07 bostonfred - Jerious Norwood, RB66, Rookie

20.10 bostonfred - Stephen Davis, RB77, FA

I think Steven Jackson's in for a big year. I expect him to get a lot more carries than he did under Martz. The Ravens believed in Jamal Lewis enough to give him an extension while letting Taylor go. He's a feature back, and the Ravens certainly can't think Anderson is the future. Houston will be given a chance to unseat Martin as the starter. After six seasons without missing a game, and only missing four games in ten NFL seasons, he missed four last year, had knee surgery, at 32, was asked to take a pay cut, and is playing for a new coach who called him a team leader but opened up a competition for the starting spot. Norwood is a shot in the dark rookie, and Davis is a 20th round draft pick who could be a big short term contributer if he ends up playing again. B

2.10 bostonfred - Terrell Owens, WR5, DAL

5.07 bostonfred - Deion Branch, WR20, NE

6.10 bostonfred - Donte Stallworth, WR29 NO

11.07 bostonfred - Travis Taylor, WR61, MIN

12.10 bostonfred - Bernard Berrian, WR70, CHI

14.10 bostonfred - David Patten, WR82, WASH

Owens is the #1 WR on my board. Branch is now the #1 WR on the Pats, and they appear to be building around him for the future. Stallworth appears to be coming into his own as the best option on the Saints, and with an upgrade at QB, he could have a great year. Taylor is one of a bunch of guys on a Minnesota team that doesn't really have a #1. Berrian may be ready to take on a bigger role in the Chicago offense. Patten has been rumored to come back to New England as their WR2 or WR3. I like this group. B+

8.10 bostonfred - Ben Watson, TE12, NE

9.07 bostonfred - Erron Kinney, TE16, TEN

Watson is the #2 receiving option in New England. He may be in for a huge year. Kinney is a tight end in a tight end's offense. I like him to be steady scoring in this format. C+

16.10 bostonfred - Ryan Longwell, PK11, MIN

17.07 bostonfred - Kris Brown, PK17, HOU

I love Brown in a much improved Houston offense. B

13.07 bostonfred - Indianapolis Colts, DEF4

18.10 bostonfred - St Louis Rams, DEF22

19.07 bostonfred - Houston Texans, DEF28

This is purely a best-ball committee. I don't expect any of these to be the top defense in the league, but all of them have the ability to put up big points each week. If this league penalized for points alllowed, I'd stay away from most of them. B

Overall, a team that should at least be solid, but also has the potential to be great if things break right. Which is pretty much what I'm looking for in survivor. A+

My squad:

QB: Jake D (9) & Jake P (4)

WR: Harrison (6), Muhammad (7), K. Robinson (6), Williamson (6), C. Henry (5), Sinorice Moss (?)

RB: Alexander (5), Dillon (6), F. Taylor (6), Pearman (6), M. Morris (5), Goings (9)

TE: Wiggins (6), E. Johnson (7), M. Lewis (?)

K: Peterson (5)

DEF: Titans (7), San Fran (7)

I would be happy with the team if not for the bye weeks.

QB: 2 top 12, one of which could be top 6 overall. I expect a top 7 performance each week out of my QB position.

RB: 3 viable starters, which only a fraction of teams in this league have. Drawback is my #2 and #3 are injury prone. I wanted K. Faulk and G. Jones, but the price was too high. G. Jones is not a model of health either, so if Freddy goes down, Pearman should see the field too. Glad to get Morris relatively late. Did not plan to draft Goings, but when NFL schedule came out, I was desparate to get another RB to play in week 6. I was surprised that the Foster owner did not draft Goings, does anyone think Foster will stay healthy? Goings could be a great late round value. Week 6 sucks!

WR: Moose is a sleeper pick for me this year (top 15 or barely outside), due to Griese signing. I like having the Minnesota tandem, I expect the Vikes to be throwing a lot this year. Henry and Moss are question marks, but we know that all Henry needs is opportunity. Having Harrison enabled me to take more gambles at WR. I didn't anticipate Harrison would have same bye week as the Vikes. Week 6 sucks!

TE: 2 top TEs from 2 years ago in Wiggins and EJ. Again, I expect the Vikes to throw often, and although Wiggins is not LJ in Philly, I expect the Vikes to use the TE position. M. Lewis has upside in the right position.

K: ?

D: Had to draft sucky Def in San Fran in last round, which has same bye as my first def. Again, the NFL schedule screwed me, because I had to use my 2nd def or K pick on Goings, leaving me with dust for my 2nd defense.

Overall, my team isn't flashy, but has a good core assuming Dillon stays healthy. Week 6 is killer, and I don't see anyone else who has week 6 as bad as I do. If Foster is injured by then, maybe I have a chance with Goings. Otherwise, I have to hope that Rivers throws a couple of picks that San Fran can return for TDs.

I will provide my comments on each team individually when I have time. Bear in mind that it's just one opinion that could easily be wrong and that we're all friends here. I may revise my opnion after reviewing all of the teams . . .

Construxboy

QB

Eli Manning, QB, SEA 5

Brett Favre, QB, GB 6

Craig Nall, QB, BUF 8

Someday I'll figure out the Nall pick. Even if he were to become the starter and Favre retires, I can't see him putting up decent numbers. To each his own I guess. Best case scenario, Favre comes back, Manning continues to improve, and Nall wins the starting job. Worst case scenario, Favre retires, Manning gets hurt, and Nall is a benchwarmer. GRADE: B+/A- (if Favre comes back).

RB

Carnell Williams, RB, TB 4

Reggie Bush, RB, Rookie 5

Greg Jones, RB, JAX 6

Najeh Davenport, RB, GB 6

Cedric Cobbs, RB, DEN 4

I am not a fan of Caddy (see my posts in other threads). He had one of the worst fantasy scoring seasons for a guy with the workload he had last year and did not many TD. Bush probably will not get the workload to be an uber stud (at least not this year). The other guys need help to get in the line up. I am not buying that Cobbs will get much of a look in DEN, as he will be 4th on the depth chart once they draft a rookie. I personally don't see a Top 10 RB in this group. Best case scenario: Bush becomes the primary back in HOU, Williams get in the end zone a lot more, Fred Taylor is toast, thus creating 3 full-time backs. Worst case scenario, Williams workload is reduced but he keeps his limited production, Bush is under utilized, and the other 3 backs don't play much. GRADE: B-.

WR

Torry Holt, WR, STL 7

TJ Houshmandzadeh, WR, CIN 5

Roddy White, WR, ATL 5

Scotty Vines, WR, DET 8

Brandon Lloyd, WR, WAS 8

Shaun McDonald, WR STL 7

Roscoe Parrish, WR, BUF 8

Holt and Housh are a formidable tandem, although I suspect STL may not pass as much. White/Vines/Lloyd should rotate weeks of putting up WR3 numbers. The other two need help to get in the lineup. The other two are flyers. Best case scenario: Holt and Housh stay the course and remain healthy, the other 3 guys all alternate big weeks, and McDonald or Parrish start getting more PT. Worst case sceario: Rams pass less, Palmer is out the first month in CIN, the other guys get embroiled in a WRBC, and no one emerges. GRADE: B/B+.

TE

Heath Miller, TE, PIT 4

Courtney Anderson, TE, OAK 3

Miller scored a fair amount of TDs last year. Anderson was a disappointment. Best case sceanrio: Miller gets some of the TD that Bettis got last year. Anderson gets a real workload at TE. Worst case scenario: PIT uses someone else in the red zone and Anderson again does not see many targets. GRADE: B-/C+.

PK

Jeff Reed, PK, PIT 4

Obviously only 1 PK. And not a true elite kicker. An off week could be a problem (as will bye week). GRADE: C+.

DEF

Jacksonville Jaguars, DEF 6

Arizona Cardinals, DEF 9

Jacksonville is a decent NFL defense but around #10 for fantasy purposes. ARI is usually a bottom 10 defense. GRADE: C+.

OVERALL

If Favre retires, week 5 becomes a bye week problem. If things work out at RB this team may do better than I think. Overall not phenomenal but far from horrendous. OVERALL GRADE: B-.

I will provide my comments on each team individually when I have time. Bear in mind that it's just one opinion that could easily be wrong and that we're all friends here. I may revise my opnion after reviewing all of the teams . . .

Construxboy

QB

Eli Manning, QB, SEA 5

Brett Favre, QB, GB 6

Craig Nall, QB, BUF 8

Someday I'll figure out the Nall pick. Even if he were to become the starter and Favre retires, I can't see him putting up decent numbers. To each his own I guess. Best case scenario, Favre comes back, Manning continues to improve, and Nall wins the starting job. Worst case scenario, Favre retires, Manning gets hurt, and Nall is a benchwarmer. GRADE: B+/A- (if Favre comes back).
David,Nall is in Buffalo now, competing for the starting gig.

I will provide my comments on each team individually when I have time.  Bear in mind that it's just one opinion that could easily be wrong and that we're all friends here.  I may revise my opnion after reviewing all of the teams . . .

Construxboy

QB

Eli Manning, QB, SEA 5

Brett Favre, QB, GB 6

Craig Nall, QB, BUF 8

Someday I'll figure out the Nall pick.  Even if he were to become the starter and Favre retires, I can't see him putting up decent numbers.  To each his own I guess.  Best case scenario, Favre comes back, Manning continues to improve, and Nall wins the starting job.  Worst case scenario, Favre retires, Manning gets hurt, and Nall is a benchwarmer.  GRADE: B+/A- (if Favre comes back).
David,Nall is in Buffalo now, competing for the starting gig.
Was there something in my post that led you to believe that I thought Nall was NOT in Buffalo? I listed him as being on the Bills. My comments were based on CB's team . . . meaning that if Favre retired (leaving EManning and Nall) that Nall would not offer much to CB's team.

Construxboy

QB

Eli Manning, QB, SEA 5

Brett Favre, QB, GB 6

Craig Nall, QB, BUF 8

Someday I'll figure out the Nall pick. Even if he were to become the starter and Favre retires, I can't see him putting up decent numbers.

If Favre retires, week 5 becomes a bye week problem.
That reads, to me, that Nall is a step behind Favre. I missed the "BUF 8" part. :bag:

Team Legacy

QB

Carson Palmer, QB, CIN 5

Charlie Frye, QB, CLE 6

I am not so sure Palmer comes back strong or if he will be in the line up opening day. And there's some question whether Fyre has the full backing of the Browns' staff. Edwars being out for the first month (probably) won't help any. Best case scenario: Palmer comes back as good as ever and Frye keeps the starting gig. Worst case scenario: Palmer struggles with his health and Frye is not the starter. GRADE: B (assuming Palmer is not fully healthy).

RB

Deuce McAllister, RB, NO 7

Michael Bennett, RB, NO 7

Ron Dayne, RB, DEN 4

Tatum Bell, RB, DEN 4

TJ Duckett, RB, ATL 5

Like Palmer, I think Deuce will struggle out of the gate. Plus, it's N.O., and I am not so sure that they will do much better than last year. The Saints have not really posted great RB numbers lately. In theory, Dayne and Bell COULD be a good tag team in Denver, but if they take a first round RB all bets are off. And I'll believe Dayne is an NFL starter when I see it. Duckett has been disappointing and really only has value in ATL if Dunn goes down. 5 RB is a lot of roster spots in this format. Best case scenario: Deuce is healthy and the Saints draft Brick. Broncos don't take a RB in draft. Worst case scenario: McAllister is slow and plodding from injury and the Saints still aren't very good. LenDale White is the starter in Mile High. GRADE: B-/B.

WR

Steve Smith, WR, CAR 9

Eddie Kennison, WR, KC 3

Drew Bennett, WR, TEN 7

Brandon Stokley, WR, IND 6

Robert Ferguson, WR, GB 6

Todd Pinkston, WR, PHI 9

Smith was the best WR LAST year. Will Keyshawn and the possible emergence of Carter and Foster take away from his targets? I say yes to a certain extent. Kennison is always a decent but unsexy WR. Who knows what to expect with Bennett with the addition of Givens, the massive TE workload in TEN, and the ??? at QB. Stokely is actually a decent guy to have in this format, as some teams will opt to leave him uncovered or don't have the bodies to defend him and he should have some decent weeks. Ferguson and Pinkston are wildcards but should see a fair amount of PT. Best case scenario is that Smith and Kennison get the numbers they did last year, Bennett gets back into the 1200 yard range, and the 3 other guys put up WR3 numbers. GRADE: B+/A-.

TE

Randy McMichael, TE, MIA 8

Kevin Everett, TE, BUF 8

McMichael uses starts strong and then fades over time. Who knows how he will do with C-Pep (if he's even healthy). On my depth charts, Everett is a long way from starting in Buffalo--and they rarely utilize TEs. Same bye week a minor glitch. GRADE: C/C+.

PK

Shayne Graham, PK CIN 5

Matt Bryant, PK, TB 4

Joe Nedney, PK, SF 7

Graham is in a potent offense. The Bucs seem to always ponder changes at kicker, though. If my records are right there are 3 kickers, which seems like overkill. GRADE: B/B+

DEF

Baltimore Ravens, DEF 7

Philadelphia Eagles, DEF 9

Both D's disappointed last year. Ravens were around Top 10 while Iggles were around Bottom 5. GRADE: C+/B-.

OVERALL

Palmer could be the savior or the goat of this team. Not a lot of whacky shot in the dark picks (save Everett). WR corps may be the bread and butter to keeping this team around. I would have liked to see one of the PK picks converted to another position--maybe a QB or WR. RM pairings could mean that two guys don't score much each week. If Deuce is sluggish to start, this team could have two sets of RBBC players. OVERALL GRADE: B.

LHUCKS

QB

Byron Leftwich, QB, JAC 6

Rex Grossman, QB CHI 7

David Garrad, QB, JAC 6

LHUCKS has always been higher on Leftwich than I have. If you exclude the game when he got hurt last year, he was Top 10 in ppg. I don't see Grossman lighting the world on fire. Best case scenario is Byron keeps improving and doesn't get hurt while the defense gets worse and he needs to pass more. Ditto for the Bears defense, Grossman, and his health. GRADE: B-/B.

RB

Warrick Dunn, RB, ATL 5

Willis McGahee, RB, BUF 8

Marion Barber, RB, DAL 3

Despite what LHUCKS may evangelize, IMO this team needed another RB that gets at least a half time workload. Neither Dunn nor McGahee get a ton of TD or receptions (neither had 30 last year). Barber needs Jones to get hurt again (not a huge stretch) but bye weeks offer no depth at all. GRADE: B-/B.

WR

Chris Chambers, WR, MIA 8

Roy Williams, WR, DET 8

Corey Bradford, WR, DET 8

Jabar Gaffney, WR, PHI 9

Mark Bradley, WR, CHI 7

Michael Clayton, WR, TB 4

Charles Rogers, WR, DET 8

Marcus Robinson, WR, MIN 6

Offering both quantity and quality. I am high on Chambers this year but who knows what will happen with Culpepper. Williams, IMO, will do better than last year but not as good where many people think he will do. I am not a huge fan of the other guys, as it is conceivable that they are all WR3s on their own team. I have Rogers as a 3 or 4, Robinson as a 3 or 4, Gaffney as a 3, Bradley as a 3 or a 3, and Bradford as a 5. Best case scenario: The Lions turn into a passing machine and everyone else on this roster steps up. Worst case scenario: A lot of the depth doesn't see the field. And fuhgettabout it in Week 8. GRADE: B

PK

Jay Feely, PK, NYG 4

Jason Hanson, PK, DET 8

Kickers from year to year are a bit inconsistent, but these two should be fine. Detroit should score more than in recent years and Feely did well last year. GRADE: B+/A-.

TE

LJ Smith, TE, PHI 9

Dallas Clark, TE, IND 6

I'm not convinved Smith will make the jump to the TE elite. He should be solid, but probably not the value priced savior that LHUCKS has been touting. Clark is ok but nothing special. GRADE: B.

DEF

Denver Broncos, DEF 4

New York Giants, DEF 4

Both are very solid. The Giants have added more secondary help then the Patriots have. Denver is almost a lock for the Top 10 every year. Only issue is the bye week problem. GRADE: A-.

OVERALL

As well as LHUCKS did universally last year, I think I expected a bit better than the team I see on paper. Maybe he will have foresight and the players he targeted late will all emerge, but for now I don't see it. I would have a lot more faith in this team if he had 8 WR that were locks to play a lot. If this team makes it to Week 8, he will have major hurdles to get though to Week 9. If Dunn or McGahee get hurt, I think this team is in serious trouble. OVERALL GRADE: B (partly due to reputation).

Radballs

QB

Trent Green, QB, KC 3

Chad Pennington, QB, NYJ 9

Brian Griese, QB, CHI 7

Green is not getting any younger, Edwards is a more conservative coach. IMO, Pennington is a liability for the Jets. And for now Griese is a backup. Best case scenario: Green has one more year. Pennington comes back strong in a new scheme. Griese takes over when Rexy gets hurtfor the season in the preaseson. Worst case scenario: KC shocks people by making a move up in the draft to take Green's heor apparent and Green turns over the reigns if the Chiefs are out of the playoff hunt. Pennington can't get any zip on his passes and can only wing the ball 10 yards. And Griese holds the clipboard. I am leary of this threesome. GRADE: C+/B-.

RB

Ahman Green, RB, GB 6

Priest Holmes, RB, KC 3

Samkon Gado, RB, GB 6

Ronnie Brown, RB, MIA 8

Kevan Barlow, RB, SF 7

Brown could be a workhorse if Ricky is suspended for the season. Green is a risky guy to return to stud RB status. I'm guessing that Holmes is more likely to retire than come back. Gado screams to me as a one year fill in wonder and Davenport would get first dibs as the backup. Who really knows what happens to Barlow. I have seen anything from potential June 1st cut to full time starter and all points in between. Best case scenario: Brown gets a huge pie of Miami's RB pie. Green or Gado becomes the eclsuive back in GB. Holmes some how has something left to offer, and Barlow wards off all comers in San Fran. I see RBBC in GB and SF. GRADE: B-/B.

WR

Chad Johnson, WR, CIN 5

Donald Driver, WR, GB 6

David Givens, WR, TEN 7

Bryant Johnson, WR, ARI 9

Greg Lewis, WR, PHI 9

Justin Gage, WR, CHI 7

Johnson, Driver, and Givens are an excellent Top 3. Not as thrilled with the depth beyond that, though. Chad could suffer if Palmer misses the veginning of the year or comes back rusty. Givens a wildcard in TEN. If Volek starts Bennett could benefit. I don't love the outlook of the other 3 for getting a lot of targets, as they would need injuries to other guys to get regular PT. Depth could be an issue in weeks when the top guys slump. GRADE: B/B+

TE

Jeremy Shockey, TE, NYG 4

Jerramy Stevens, TE SEA 5

Top 3 paired with Top 15 makes for a good combo. GRADE: A-/A.

PK

Jason Elam, PK, DEN 4

Josh Scobee, PK, JAX 6

Two decent but perhaps unspectacular kickers. GRADE: C+/B-.

DEF

New England Patriots, DEF 6

Oakland Raiders, DEF 3

Neither team had a very good defense in 2005. Pats could be better, but I would hesitate on ranking them where they once were a couple of years ago. Oakland is just mediocre on their best days. GRADE: C+/B-.

OVERALL

As much as I like Rads, this team doesn't wow me. For thinks to work out, I think players will need to do a lot better than expected or a lot better than they have in the past. Maybe it's just the combination of players that I have rated lower than others do. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe some more WR that were regular contributors. OVERALL GRADE: C+/B-.

First, great evaluation Yudkin and thanks for taking the time.

LHUCKS

QB

Byron Leftwich, QB, JAC 6

Rex Grossman, QB CHI 7

David Garrad, QB, JAC 6

LHUCKS has always been higher on Leftwich than I have.  If you exclude the game when he got hurt last year, he was Top 10 in ppg.  I don't see Grossman lighting the world on fire.  Best case scenario is Byron keeps improving and doesn't get hurt while the defense gets worse and he needs to pass more.  Ditto for the Bears defense, Grossman, and his health.  GRADE: B-/B.
The only thing I will add is that Garrard's ppg wasn't too shabby when he took over for Lefty so I don't see his injury history as much of a concern at all, Gerrard has proven he can step right in and put up numbers. In only his second year Lefty improved dramatically with good, but not great weaponry...I really, really like the progress this kid has made. I agree with a grade of B.
RB

Warrick Dunn, RB, ATL 5

Willis McGahee, RB, BUF 8

Marion Barber, RB, DAL 3

Despite what LHUCKS may evangelize, IMO this team needed another RB that gets at least a half time workload.  Neither Dunn nor McGahee get a ton of TD or receptions (neither had 30 last year).  Barber needs Jones to get hurt again (not a huge stretch) but bye weeks offer no depth at all.  GRADE: B-/B.
The year I was #3 in scoring out of 48 teams in SSL I only had three runningbacks and the third was a partially used TJ Duckett. Last year in MBSL4 I finished second out of 16 and I had only 4 RBs, the last of which was Travis Henry who hardly contributed.

In conclusion, RB depth is tremendously overrated by most in this format. If one of your starting RBs goes down, you're likely not going to win the title, so reaching on questionable RB depth is bad move IMHO because you're not playing to win. My strategy is take Runningbacks early you don't believe are injury prone and ride them, if one goes down, a RB flier is almost always not going to save your team.

As a side note, I was tossing around the idea of drafting Maurice Drew late but when the fcuking bye weeks were announced I had to go WR instead of Drew. Drew is going to be this year's Marion Barber. You heard it here first.

WR

Chris Chambers, WR, MIA 8

Roy Williams, WR, DET 8

Corey Bradford, WR, DET 8

Jabar Gaffney, WR, PHI 9

Mark Bradley, WR, CHI 7

Michael Clayton, WR, TB 4

Charles Rogers, WR, DET 8

Marcus Robinson, WR, MIN 6

Offering both quantity and quality.  I am high on Chambers this year but who knows what will happen with Culpepper.  Williams, IMO, will do better than last year but not as good where many people think he will do.  I am not a huge fan of the other guys, as it is conceivable that they are all WR3s on their own team.  I have Rogers as a 3 or 4, Robinson as a 3 or 4, Gaffney as a 3, Bradley as a 3 or a 3, and Bradford as a 5.  Best case scenario: The Lions turn into a passing machine and everyone else on this roster steps up.  Worst case scenario: A lot of the depth doesn't see the field.  And fuhgettabout it in Week 8. GRADE: B
I would give this squad an A because I count 3 players in my top 20, and seven players that have a great shot of getting 40 receptions a piece. The one I didn't count was Rogers who is a complete wildcard...I personally believe he'll be traded which bumps up Bradford to #3 status in a Martz offense. Bradford > Vines IMHO, but who knows if Martz will see it that way. The key to my survivor success has been my ability to flat out outdraft everyone else at WR, will see if this group can continue that tradition.
PK

Jay Feely, PK, NYG 4

Jason Hanson, PK, DET 8

Kickers from year to year are a bit inconsistent, but these two should be fine.  Detroit should score more than in recent years and Feely did well last year.  GRADE: B+/A-.
Seems about right. I think we'll see Hanson's number jump because of a drastic improvement in FG attempts and XP attempts.
TE

LJ Smith, TE, PHI 9

Dallas Clark, TE, IND 6

I'm not convinved Smith will make the jump to the TE elite.  He should be solid, but probably not the value priced savior that LHUCKS has been touting.  Clark is ok but nothing special.  GRADE: B.
I give this group a B+ so we're not far off. LJ's numbers will partially depend on the WR developments, but I think he's a lock for 60 receptions and will see plenty of redzone opportunities. All the elements of a breakout year seem to be present for him.
DEF

Denver Broncos, DEF 4

New York Giants, DEF 4

Both are very solid.  The Giants have added more secondary help then the Patriots have.  Denver is almost a lock for the Top 10 every year.  Only issue is the bye week problem.  GRADE: A-.
Yeah, the bye week Gods screwed me over. With this group of savvy drafters, I didn't like the value I saw at other positioins so I took my defenses and placekickers a bit earlier than I normally do.
OVERALL

As well as LHUCKS did universally last year, I think I expected a bit better than the team I see on paper.  Maybe he will have foresight and the players he targeted late will all emerge, but for now I don't see it.  I would have a lot more faith in this team if he had 8 WR that were locks to play a lot.  If this team makes it to Week 8, he will have major hurdles to get though to Week 9.  If Dunn or McGahee get hurt, I think this team is in serious trouble.  OVERALL GRADE: B )partly due to reputation).
It sounds like our major difference of opinion lies in my faith in my WRs as well as our difference of opinion on backup RB strategy. My biggest blunder was drafting Gafney over Edwards. I had Edwards crossed off of my list and didn't realize he was still available. :wall: I may have also drafted Chad Jackson over Rogers given a second chance. Rogers is a flier in every sense of the word.

My best picks were Barber, Clayton, Clark, Leftwich...love the value of those guys.

Team Legacy, my friend, of all the survivors we have been in, you directly hurt me to the bone when you drafted Nedney. I preferred to have a 2nd K over a 2nd defense, and I thought Nedney would fly under the radar. Instead, you chose him as your 3rd K, leaving no other lock as a starting K left on the board!

Rzrback77 Out of the second slot

QB 2.15 Peyton Manning Colts 6

QB 14.15 Kelly Holcombe Bils 8

QB 20.15 Jim Sorgi Colts 6

I really like Manning's potential this year. He was off some last year from the record setting pace of 2004, but came on stronger down the stretch and this year the Colts go without Edge. I look for considerably better numbers than 05. Started to go solo with the Colts QB as I missed out on the QBs I was considering, but think that Holcombe has at least 50-50 chance of starting so I took a shot.

RB 1.02 Larry Johnson Chiefs 3

RB 3.02 Domanick Davis Texans 5

RB 6.15 Frank Gore 49ers 7

RB 16.15 Onterrio Smith ???

RB 17.2 Brian Calhoun Rookie

Really like having a strong first RB which allowed the early Manning pick. I think LJ has a great chance at RB #1 this season with a great O Line and a conservative coach. D Davis is great in the PPR format and if Reggie Bush does not go to Houston, I think my 1-2 punch is the best in the league. Took a chance with Gore as the 49ers were not very successful on the ground last season but may improve. I think he has 60-40 chance of starting. I took a couple of wild cards late in case Davis has to share with Reggie and if Gore doesn't cut it.

WR 4.15 Javon Walker Packers 6 or ?

WR 8.15 Keenan McCardell Chargers 3

WR 7.2 Jerry Porter Raiders 3

WR 9.2 Amani Toomer Giants 4

WR 10.15 Ernest Wilford Jags 6

WR 11.2 Marty Booker Dolphins 8

WR 18.15 LeRon McCoy Cardinals 9

I like to have depth at WR because of the lack of consistency with the WR scoring. I like having potentially five starters. None of them should be top ten, unless Walker is completely healed, but six have opportunity to finish top fifty and I expect four to be top thirty. If they brother-in-law well at all that will suffice.

TE 5.2 Chris Cooley Redskins 8

TE 12.15 Leonard Pope Rookie

Not nearly as strong here. Would really help if Pope goes somewhere he has a chance to play early (Denver?). Need for Cooley to stay involved in the offense and be a goal line target.

K 15.2 Mike Vanderjagt Cowboys 3

He has typically been fairly reliable and I hope he is inspired by playing for a new team which should give him plenty of opportunities. I like the early bye week and decided to go solo with a solid performer and the early by week.

Defense 13.2 Carolina Panthers 9

Defense 19.2 San Diego Chargers 3

I used to believe that one defense is enough due to lack of injury difficulties, but looked at some of the scoring last year and discovered that was a major mistake. Like Carolina and hope that the Chargers come through a few weeks.

I really like this team with Manning, LJ, WR starting depth, and a good kicker and defense combo. Week 3 has no kicker, one defense and no LJ. Week 6 no Manning and less WR depth.

I have enjoyed drafting with this awesome group and hope that some of the experts here will review my team for me.

Team Legacy, my friend, of all the survivors we have been in, you directly hurt me to the bone when you drafted Nedney. I preferred to have a 2nd K over a 2nd defense, and I thought Nedney would fly under the radar. Instead, you chose him as your 3rd K, leaving no other lock as a starting K left on the board!
ouch.. sorry bro.. there's always gramatica...

Cundiff - GBHall - Washington

Both were available.

So was Gould, but he's a big ??. Hall is not a lock either. I'd have gone with Cundiff.

QB: Bulger 7, Simms 4 - One of the better duos in the league and both have plenty of targets and a solid running game to open up the secondary. B+
QB - A- (Even in a new offense, Bulger knows how to find those studly wideouts.
Simms showed me alot last year and will continue to grow as a quality #2.

RB: James 9, Rhodes 6, Moats 9, Turner 3, Suggs 6, Griffin 3 - If Rhodes wins the starting job, this will be an impressive group.  I expect Moats to get carries after what he showed last year.  I think you'll see more carries for Turner and Griffin as the coaches try to reduce the wear on LT and LJ.  Hoping Suggs can win a 3rd down back job.  I really only need one of 5 to contribute each week and I'll be fine at RB.  B
RB - C+/B- (James is Top 10 (most likely). I'm not sure if you have another option. I do think Rhodes will enter camp the starter, but I think by the time the season rolls around, it will be RBBC with the rookie taking over fairly quickly. I like what I saw in Moats, but they have that in Westy, so I'm still unsure if he'll see the field. I like the burner's upside, but again, waiting on an injury. Same thing in Suggs and Q is a wasted pick IMO. )RB -

WR: Moss 3, Wayne 6, Brown 9, Williams (Det) 8, Caldwell 6, Carter 9 Hilliard 4 - Could be the best one-two punch in this league.  I'm very high on Brown to break out this year and think Williams will find a role in Det.  Caldwell is the best WR5 in this league and Brady will find him deep on several occasions.  Carter will surprise as Carolina's WR3.  Hilliard was added for some bye week coverage...I'll have 4 WRs posting scores every week. A+
WR - A- (Moss and Wayne, or is it, Wayne and Moss. That's how I have it anyway. I like Reggie, but am not nearly as high as you are. McNabb will find a way to get guys like Pinkston and LJ the ball just as much as Reggie. Still not sure what BMW's problem is. Risky pick. I do like Caldwell, but Brady likes to spread it around. Good group that will field 3 players nicely week in week out.
TE: Whiten 3, Alexander 4 - Solid.  Can't argue Whiten's talent.  Alexander's targets increased towards the end of last year and the Putz is now in Houston. A-
TE - A (Can't ask for much more than that.)
K:  Vinatieri 6, Tynes 3 - Tops in the league...yawn. A
K - A (see above)
D: Chicago 7 - Would like to have two D's, but the byes of the remaining defenses wouldn't have helped.  Chicago can't get hurt and has a lot of playmakers. C
D - B- (The best riding solo. Shouldn't hurt too much. No week 7 issues.
I feel better about this team then any other 16 team squad I've ever drafted.  The draft flowed right to me...my must have guys dropped to me, and my sleepers lasted a round longer then I expected.  Barring injury, this team will go deep into the year.
While I don't see anywhere near perfection past RB1 and WR2, everything appears in order and you should have a great chance at a deep run. Nicely done.

Nope. :)

Team Legacy, my friend, of all the survivors we have been in, you directly hurt me to the bone when you drafted Nedney.  I preferred to have a 2nd K over a 2nd defense, and I thought Nedney would fly under the radar.  Instead, you chose him as your 3rd K, leaving no other lock as a starting K left on the board!
Grammatica was picked right before me.

My team:

QB – Drew Brees (4.13) (Bye - 7)

QB - Mark Brunell (7.04) (Bye - 8)

QB - Jason Campbell (15.04) (Bye - 8)

After drafting Portis and S. Moss, coupling Brunell made the most sense at QB2 to go for a few big scoring weeks and immunity. Campbell was a must have handcuff, which did cost me a valuable roster spot, but I got him late enough.

Brees would have been a nice QB to pair with TE Zach Hilton, who went far earlier than I expected after reviewing the WSL drafts.

QB - B (I like Brees, but I'm not sure they're going to ask him to do the things he did in SD. Plus he doesn't have the weapon that is LT to help keep the LBs in check. I like the fact you backed up Brunell with Campbell, who I think will be starting soon. I agree with your grade.)
RB – Clinton Portis (1.04) (Bye - 8)

RB - Reuben Droughns (2.13) (Bye - 6)

RB - Curtis Martin (6.13) (Bye - 9)

RB - Mike Anderson (10.13) (Bye - 7)

RB - Maurice Hicks (13.04) (Bye - 7)

Debated Portis and L. Jordan here, (who Ruds stole at pick 8), but the Washington Redskin theme was off and running. Droughns was a coup at 2.13 I thought, and CMart was a nice grab as a third. I would have liked to had Houston as a handcuff, but Mike Anderson is probably the most viable #2 RB and will catch a lot of balls out of the Raven backfield, something Jamal Lewis hates to do. Hicks is a HR hitter with a chance to start. Definitely a team strength.

Grade: A
RB - A (Again, I'm compelled to agree with you Jeff. Portis was the right play. Reuben is certainly a steal there and Curtis is your 3. Anderson and Hicks may never score for you unless injury to one of the top 3, but this is definitely the strongest backfield so far. )

WR – Santana Moss (3.04) (Bye – 8)

WR – Joe Jurevicius (8.13) (Bye – 6)

WR – Samie Parker (9.04 (Bye – 3)

WR – Bobby Engram (11.04) (Bye – 5)

WR – Antwaan Randle El (12.13) (Bye – 8)

WR – DJ Hackett (19.04) (Bye – 5)

A volatile group, with Moss being a Pro Bowl caliber WR last year but who knows if he will repeat. Certainly a good chance to get a week with 2 TDs and 150+ yards. JJ is, IMHO, the #1 WR option in Cleveland until Edwards is 100% healthy. I was targeting Reggie Brown at that pick, but he got snagged one pick before me. Parker is a good young WR at the #2 in a pass-happy KC offense, despite LJ. Engram was a late round theft who is a favorite of Hasselbeck in the red zone. ARE completed the Washington motif who can score points in multiple ways. DJ Hackett is an all or nothing type WR in Seattle who will likely be used like JJ was last year. He is the SEA equivalent of Drew Carter.

WR - C- (Volatile yes. But I honestly think this is your problem spot. I've posted on numerous occasions that Santana's year will come back to earth. He was targeted like a Steve Smith last year due to the fact they didn't have ANYBODY else to throw to. It ALMOST worked, I'll give him that, but thats not what Gibbs wants. He wants balance. Moss is STILL Top 15 IMO. Who's your #2 ? Jurevicious? Okay, maybe. Your 2 is going to pass back and forth between those 5 guys. I don't see a 3. Look for KC to draft immediate help. )
TE – Alge Crumpler (5.04) (Bye – 5)

TE - Adam Bergen (16.13) (Bye – 9)

Crumpler is the clear #1 receiver in Atlanta, and could approach 75 receptions. Bergen was a nice backup out of Arizona, but wanted Zach Hilton in Round 10.

TE - B- (Crump will keep posting his usual. Bergen is a shot in the dark.)
PK – John Carney (17.04), (Bye – 7)

PK – Martin Gramatica (20.13) (Bye – 6)

NO will put up some points but could falter from close in. Gramatica was a late signing / late steal.

PK - B (SOD in the Pat's kicker in the 20th round.)

D – Miami (14.13), (Bye – 8)

D – Cleveland (18.13) (Bye – 6)

Miami has a great schedule, getting Buffalo and the Jets twice, Ten, Hou, GB, and Chicago. Cleveland is an excellent compliment to them, as their byes are perfectly aligned such that both play the Jets on the others' bye week.

Overall I was happy with how it played out, but I could have used Reggie Brown and Zach Hilton, and some improvement at WR. Got very lucky with the bye weeks.i
D - B- (I like Miami this year so you'll be pretty happy with them playing in the beast that is the East. I like what you've done with everything EXCEPT your wideouts, where I think you really missed the mark. I like what you did at RB. If this wasn't a PPR league, I'd put you with the best of them, but in every PPR league I've ever been in, you have to have quality wideouts and I don't see them on your team past Moss.

I like what you've done with everything EXCEPT your wideouts, where I think you really missed the mark. I like what you did at RB. If this wasn't a PPR league, I'd put you with the best of them, but in every PPR league I've ever been in, you have to have quality wideouts and I don't see them on your team past Moss.
TL,Losing Reggie Brown one slot before JJ hurt. I really didn't think he'd be gone that soon.

I think the other guys after Moss can cover me for WR2/3, but you are right in that this is my weak link.

I appreciate the comments, and I'll respond in kind hopefully tomorrow. Just not feeling so hot right now. Must be something going around.

-JP

QB: Trent Green (6.05), Chad Pennington (12.05), Brian Griese (13.12)

Should be above average here if either Pennington or Griese is starting. In a bit of trouble if Green is the only one playing. B-
QB - B (Green is always disrespected for some odd reason. He's a 4k guy. Penny will surprise more than a few this year.
RB: Ronnie Brown (1.12), Ahman Green (4.05), Priest Holmes (9.12), Kevan Barlow (10.05), Samkon Gado (11.12)

Good depth but I need a couple things to break my way. If Ricky Williams doesn't get his suspension overturned, Brown's value goes up a lot. Ahman needs to come back strong but I've got Gado to cover him in case he doesn't. If Priest doesn't retire and gets 20-25% of the KC rushing attack, I get a huge bonus. Barlow will be a 10th round steal if he gets the majority of the SF carries. B
RB - B-/C+ (I like Ronnie, but Ricky is still lurking to split 50/50 or worse. I'm very down on Green, but you did good with Gado in the 11th which could turn out great. I feel like Priest is a wasted pick. Barlow in the 10th is solid if Nolan decides to NOT draft a stud rookie. If they do, his days are numbered.
WR: Chad Johnson (2.05), Donald Driver (5.12), David Givens (8.05), Bryant Johnson (14.05), Greg Lewis (17.12), Justin Gage (20.05)

Nice group of starters with the first three. Depth is significantly lacking but hopefully one of the other three will emerge to provide help during bye weeks. B
WR - B+ (Chad and Driver are at the top of WR1 and WR2 tiers. Givens should be a decent WR3. Other than that, I just don't see a contributor at all.
TE: Jeremy Shockey (3.12), Jerramy Stevens (7.12)

Without question, the strength of my squad. My lack of a decent WR4 will be more than made up for with this duo. A
TE - A+ (Never a worry here. )
K: Jason Elam (15.12), Josh Scobee (18.05)

Fine here. B+
K - B- Elam is always reliable.
DEF: New England Defense (16.05), Oakland Defense (19.12)

New England's defense played better in the second half of the season as they got healthier. Oakland's defense can only get better. B

This is a fairly balanced team with terrific TE strength. No significant bye week conflicts. Like everyone else I need a few breaks to go the distance but I like my chances.
D - C (I don't like either of these next year.Overall: A draft that started strong seemed to fizzle "for me". After the 8th round, Gado and Penny were the only picks I really cared for. Thankfully, your first 8 rounds were top notch. This is a team with no real weakness.

QB

4.10 bostonfred - Drew Bledsoe, QB7, DAL

7.07 bostonfred - Brad Johnson, QB23, MIN

I doubt anyone looks at these QBs and puts them any better than middle of the pack, but I'm pretty happy with them. I like Bledsoe a lot this year. The quarterback throwing to Owens has traditionally been top three in the league. Then again, I made the same arguments for Collins last year. I drafted Brad Johnson thinking that the Vikings let go Culpepper because they were willing to go through a season or two with him as the starter, but if recent rumors are true and the Vikings draft a QB, this becomes tenuous at best. C+
QB - B/B- (Nothing wrong with those 2. I give Bledsoe a higher grade than most. Even tho Tuna loves to run, Bledsoe will be asked to throw.)
1.07 bostonfred - Steven Jackson, RB7, STL

3.07 bostonfred - Jamal Lewis, RB25, BAL

10.10 bostonfred - Cedric Houston, RB51, NYJ

15.07 bostonfred - Jerious Norwood, RB66, Rookie

20.10 bostonfred - Stephen Davis, RB77, FA

I think Steven Jackson's in for a big year. I expect him to get a lot more carries than he did under Martz. The Ravens believed in Jamal Lewis enough to give him an extension while letting Taylor go. He's a feature back, and the Ravens certainly can't think Anderson is the future. Houston will be given a chance to unseat Martin as the starter. After six seasons without missing a game, and only missing four games in ten NFL seasons, he missed four last year, had knee surgery, at 32, was asked to take a pay cut, and is playing for a new coach who called him a team leader but opened up a competition for the starting spot. Norwood is a shot in the dark rookie, and Davis is a 20th round draft pick who could be a big short term contributer if he ends up playing again. B
RB - B/B+ (Great first 2 RBs. Houston could be a contributor if Martin goes down. He could cover a bye week or even do better than an apparently aging fast Jamal. Why not Shelton instead of Davis?
2.10 bostonfred - Terrell Owens, WR5, DAL

5.07 bostonfred - Deion Branch, WR20, NE

6.10 bostonfred - Donte Stallworth, WR29 NO

11.07 bostonfred - Travis Taylor, WR61, MIN

12.10 bostonfred - Bernard Berrian, WR70, CHI

14.10 bostonfred - David Patten, WR82, WASH

Owens is the #1 WR on my board. Branch is now the #1 WR on the Pats, and they appear to be building around him for the future. Stallworth appears to be coming into his own as the best option on the Saints, and with an upgrade at QB, he could have a great year. Taylor is one of a bunch of guys on a Minnesota team that doesn't really have a #1. Berrian may be ready to take on a bigger role in the Chicago offense. Patten has been rumored to come back to New England as their WR2 or WR3. I like this group. B+
WR - B+/B (Owens/Branch/Stallworth/Taylor. Good 1-4. After that, I see scraps. Would like to see a contributor at 5 or 6 with your 4 being moderately weak.
8.10 bostonfred - Ben Watson, TE12, NE

9.07 bostonfred - Erron Kinney, TE16, TEN

Watson is the #2 receiving option in New England. He may be in for a huge year. Kinney is a tight end in a tight end's offense. I like him to be steady scoring in this format. C+
TE - B-/C+ (I'm a fan of Watson, but in a 2PPR, you want heavy on the recepts. I'm afraid Kinney's on his way out with a promising, undrafted Scaife stealing his time. )
16.10 bostonfred - Ryan Longwell, PK11, MIN

17.07 bostonfred - Kris Brown, PK17, HOU

I love Brown in a much improved Houston offense. B
PK - B- (Longwell should love the dome and K Brown is underrated. )
13.07 bostonfred - Indianapolis Colts, DEF4

18.10 bostonfred - St Louis Rams, DEF22

19.07 bostonfred - Houston Texans, DEF28

This is purely a best-ball committee. I don't expect any of these to be the top defense in the league, but all of them have the ability to put up big points each week. If this league penalized for points alllowed, I'd stay away from most of them. B

Overall, a team that should at least be solid, but also has the potential to be great if things break right. Which is pretty much what I'm looking for in survivor. A+
D - A (Colts with 2 extras should have you getting 10 out of this position all year. Overall - Balanced team with few mistakes. A team that could be sneaky on its way to a long season.

Was just perusing the staff dynasty rankings and looks good for this team. WRs a little low, but several are a little up in years affecting their dynasty position.

QB 2.15 Peyton Manning Colts 6 FBG Dynasty #1 QB

QB 14.15 Kelly Holcombe Bils 8

QB 20.15 Jim Sorgi Colts 6

RB 1.02 Larry Johnson Chiefs 3 FBG Dynasty #1 RB

RB 3.02 Domanick Davis Texans 5 FBG Dynasty #21 RB

RB 6.15 Frank Gore 49ers 7 FBG Dynasty #30 RB

RB 16.15 Onterrio Smith ???

RB 17.2 Brian Calhoun Rookie

WR 4.15 Javon Walker Packers 6 or ? FBG Dynasty #19 WR

WR 8.15 Keenan McCardell Chargers 3 FBG Dynasty #55 WR

WR 7.2 Jerry Porter Raiders 3 FBG Dynasty #31 WR

WR 9.2 Amani Toomer Giants 4 FBG Dynasty #56 WR

WR 10.15 Ernest Wilford Jags 6 FBG Dynasty #51 WR

WR 11.2 Marty Booker Dolphins 8 FBG Dynasty #75 WR

WR 18.15 LeRon McCoy Cardinals 9

TE 5.2 Chris Cooley Redskins 8 FBG Dynasty #6 TE

TE 12.15 Leonard Pope Rookie

K 15.2 Mike Vanderjagt Cowboys 3 FBG Dynasty #7 K

Defense 13.2 Carolina Panthers 9 FBG Dynasty #3 Def

Defense 19.2 San Diego Chargers 3 FBG Dynasty #17 Def

Bostonfred

QB

Drew Bledsoe, QB, DAL 3

Brad Johnson, QB, MIN 6

IMO, Bledsoe has to be a leading candidate to be a Top 5 QB with Owens in the fold. And he rarely gets hurt (played all 16 games 6 of the past 7 seasons). Johnson is not exciting but there does not look to be anyone else to challenge him at the moment for the starting job. Best case scanario: Cowboys air it out like the early 90s Patriots and Owens cashes in big. Worst case scenario: Bledsoe misses a few games and Johnson is mediocre. GRADE: B+/A-.

RB

Steven Jackson, RB, STL 7

Jamal Lewis, RB, BAL 7

Cedric Houston, RB, NYJ 9

Jerious Norwood, RB, Rookie

Stephen Davis, RB, FA

I must admit that Jackson is slowly rising in my rankings, as it does look like the Rams may try to push the ground attack more this season. He should be Top 10. Lewis was a good value for where he was picked and could be Top 15 (although I'd guess Top 20 is more likely). Houston could challenge CuMart for carries, but the other two are pure shots in the dark. The same bye week for Jackson and Lewis could be a huge problem. Not a ton of depth, but as others have mentioned, RB depth could be overrated. GRADE: B-/B.

WR

Terrell Owens, WR, DAL 3

Deion Branch, WR, NE 6

Donte Stallworth, WR NO 7

Travis Taylor, WR, MIN 6

Bernard Berrian, WR, CHI 7

David Patten, WR, WAS 8

If Owens behaves, he is almost a lock for Top 3. Branch should get a shot in the arm prodcution wise this year with seemingly fewer WR to compete for balls. I happen to think Watson benefits more from Givens leaving than Branch does, but Branch should still see more looks. The verdict is out on the Saints for me, and I am not sure if Stallworth's improvement statistically was him really becoming a better target of if it was more an element of Horn being dinged up and missing some games. Probably somewhere in the middle. Some sources have Taylor as a starter now in MIN, but I think it will be more of a WRBC. Berrian is one of several CHI wideouts in the mix but how things shakes out in the Windy City usually is hard to predict. I think there is a decent chance Pattern gtes released by the Skins and returns to NE as their WR3. Best case scenario: TO keeps his mouth shut, Branch becomes a real fantasy WR1, Stallworth kicks Horn to the curb, and the other guys get a bigger share of the scraps from their collective teams. Owens makes this group better. GRADE: B+/A-.

TE

Ben Watson, TE, NE 6

Erron Kinney, TE, TEN 7

As I mentioned above, I think Watson will get looks that previously were targeted at WR. IIRC, Kinney ranked 12th in this format last year. GRADE: B-/B but with a lot of potential.

PK

Ryan Longwell, PK, MIN 6

Kris Brown, PK, HOU 5

In theory, Longwell should do better kicking indoors vs on the frozen tundra. The Texans should give Brown more scoring chances. Two guys with decent upside (if you can apply that term to PK). GRADE: B/B+.

DEF

Indianapolis Colts, DEF 6

St Louis Rams, DEF 7

Houston Texans, DEF 5

The Colts defense was pretty solid last year, so taking 3 defense was a bit surprising. Not sure what that pick could have been used on instead, but another WR comes to mind. History has shown that there is a slight advantage to carrying a third defense, so I'll defer to the historians to find the research. Not sure how to factor in one good defense with two not so great ones. GRADE: B/B+.

OVERALL

Fred picked himself a very solid team. Strong weeks from Bledsoe and TO should get him through to the next week almost onm that alone. For the most part, I think he snagged players that will do better than last year and guys that will be decent value plays based on where they were taken. That said, the way the bye weeks fall, Week 7 could be a challenge with the 2 stud RBs out and 2 WR out as well. OVERALL GRADE: B/B+.

More on Nall . . .

Nall chasing his No. 1 ambition

New Bills QB guns for starting job

Scott Pitoniak, Staff writer

Democrat & Chronicle

(April 8, 2006) — ORCHARD PARK — Craig Nall sauntered over in his stocking feet.

As he positioned himself in front of the cameras for his first mini-camp news conference as a Buffalo Bills quarterback, he appeared relaxed and loose — like he'd been doing this all his life.

After four seasons as an insurance policy for Green Bay Packers legend Brett Favre — four seasons in which the Northwestern Louisiana State grad threw a grand total of 33 passes during garbage time — Nall has landed in a place where he will be given a legitimate shot to start at quarterback.

No future Hall of Famers are blocking his path anymore.

Just a talented but unproven QB in J.P. Losman and a veteran journeyman in Kelly Holcomb.

So just how confident is Nall about winning the job?

"Very confident," he said in an accent as thick as the seafood gumbo from his native Bayou. "I don't think I could be here if I wasn't. I really needed a chance to have someone believe that I can do the job."

He found that someone in new Bills coach **** Jauron and new Bills general manager Marv Levy.

After reviewing tapes of Losman and Holcomb from last season, Buffalo's braintrust wasn't satisfied with the status quo. So, it went out and pursued an NFL backup who also had drawn interest from the Minnesota Vikings.

Nall comes to town on almost even terms with his two rivals. All three will have to familiarize themselves with a new offense and a new coaching staff.

"I don't think anybody has the upper hand when you talk about knowledge of the system," he said. "Obviously, these guys have started games in the past and I haven't. So, if you want to compare something, that would be the thing."

The Bills were 1-7 in games Losman started last season and 4-4 in games Holcomb started, though it should be noted that J.P. directed Buffalo to victory against Kansas City in relief of Holcomb.

Nall, who turns 27 on April 21, has completed 23 of 33 passes for 314 yards and four scores for a deceivingly outlandish 139.4 pass efficiency rating. Although all of his work has been in a mop-up role, it apparently was impressive enough to convince Levy and Jauron to sign him to a 3-year contract and proclaim the race for the Bills QB job wide open.

Last year, after veteran Drew Bledsoe was jettisoned, then-Bills coach Mike Mularkey and then-GM Tom Donahoe named the inexperienced Losman the starter. The experiment blew up in their faces, and now the 2004 first-round draft pick finds himself in a fierce battle.

The acquisition of Nall spoke volumes about what the Bills think of Losman. But the young quarterback appears to be taking things in stride.

"You're going to bring someone in, whether they are a veteran or a young guy or a mid-range guy," said Losman.

Bills Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly told Losman that was the nature of the business even when he was an established star in the 1980s and early '90s.

"He said Frank Reich was always there pushing him to be better every day," Losman said. "That's the way it was ... and that's the way it's going to be for as long as I'm a Buffalo Bill. I accept that."

Nall respects J.P., but he didn't sign with the team to become the understudy who spurs him to greatness. He has spent enough time backing people up. His sights are set on No. 1.

"I'm fighting for that spot," Nall said. "I'm going to give it everything I got. I'm not going to go easy."

RB: James 9, Rhodes 6, Moats 9, Turner 3, Suggs 6, Griffin 3 - If Rhodes wins the starting job, this will be an impressive group.  I expect Moats to get carries after what he showed last year.  I think you'll see more carries for Turner and Griffin as the coaches try to reduce the wear on LT and LJ.  Hoping Suggs can win a 3rd down back job.  I really only need one of 5 to contribute each week and I'll be fine at RB.  B
Seriously? You have one starting running back, and he's the Arizona back.
Very Serious...for comparisonSteven Jackson / Edge - Push

Jamal Lewis / Rhodes - Both will likely split time. Rookie in Indy = MA in Balt. Indy by far the superior offense. Push.

Cedric Houston / Moats&Turner - Martin will be back. Don't see much separation here.

Jerious Norwood / Suggs - Suggs has more talent. Opportunity for either???

Stephen Davis / Griffin - Both dark horses, mine is on a roster that has the most prolific rushing offense in the league.

Being able to trot out 6 backs every week compensates for a lack of quality. You scored your backs as a "B" and I see mine being on par with yours.

EBF

QB

Tom Brady, QB, NE 6

Kurt Warner, QB, ARI 9

First the good news. Brady should again be solid and with Dillon and the ground game a question mark, Brady should again be flinging the ball across Gillette Stadium. Ditto for Warner (as long as he's healthy) but with better receiving options. Best case scenario: Both guys light it up. Worst case scenario: Brady misses some time once Warner gets injured again. GRADE: A.

RB

DeShaun Foster, RB, CAR 9

Travis Henry, RB, TEN 7

Joseph Addai, RB, Rookie

Verron Haynes, RB, PIT 4

Jerome Harrison, RB, Rookie

IMO, Foster is at best an ok RB2. His been hurt every year but one since he started college. I also don't think he is all that talented, and I also think that Carolina may draft another RB to further muddle the picture. Henry averaged 11 touches a game last year which is not great for a guy that needs to be called upon weekly for this team. Who knows where the rookies end up and Haynes only has value with injuries to others. Best case scenario: Foster turns into a healthy uber stud and Chrissy Brown gets another hang nail. Worst case scenario: CAR adds another RB and Foster gets hurt, no one else gets any playing time. I'm leaning more towards Option B. GRADE: D-/D.

WR

Andre Johnson, WR, HOU 5

Derrick Mason, WR, BAL 7

Justin McCareins, WR, NYJ 9

Santonio Holmes, WR, Rookie

Dennis Northcutt, WR, CLE 6

Reggie Williams, WR, JAC 6

Demetrius Williams, WR, Rookie

In this format, Andre Johnson has ranked 30th, 18th, and 26th in WR scoring based on ppg. He went as the WR15, and IMO that was too early. He should do a lot better than last year, but I think HOU is on the right track but at least a year away from having a highly productive offense. Mason is always a good pick as he catches a ton of passes. Who knows about the rookies and where they end up, but most of the time rookie WR are not regular fantasy contributors. McCareins ranked 53rd in PPG and needs to do a lot better. Northcutt will benefit from Edwards being out, but I think we see a WRBC in CLE. Williams is fourth on the depth chart but might pitch in a few times during the season. I currently 4 guys that will play regularly (ie most of his teams offensive plays). Best case scenario: AJ turns into TO, Mason catches 100 balls, and somebody else becomes a full time starter and regular contributor. Worst case scenario: The Texans offense still sputters, Baltimore does not have a decent QB to deliver the ball, the rookies rarely see action, and no one else gets regular work. GRADE: C+/B-.

TE

Antonio Gates, TE, SD 3

Ben Troupe, TE, TEN 7

Gates could see a dropoff without Brees (although I don't think much). With Gates already rostered, Troups seems like a bit of a luxury that could have been better invested at RB or WR. GRADE: A+.

PK

Josh Brown, PK, SEA 5

Olindo Mare, PK, MIA 8

Both of these guys could be on other teams next year. Brown is an RFA and would cost a late draft pick to sign (if SEA elected not to match). I have heard talk about Mare getting cut. I assume both stay put, but that could throw a monkey into the wrench if these two went elsewhere or if Mare had to scamper for a job. GRADE: B.

DEF

Dallas Cowboys, DEF 3

Detroit Lions, DEF 8

Both teams ranked middle of the road last season but Parcells defense always have Top 10 potential. Not great, not bad. GRADE: B-.

OVERALL:

For starters, I generally shy away from drafting too many rookies and this team stocks four. That 20% of the roster that is a bonafide crapshoot. The crux of the evaluation issue here is how to look at two A graded positions (QB and TE) weighed against a weak spot (RB) and a not as strong spot (WR). If I read the rules right, teams can only start 1 QB and 1 TE (no flex). The other spots start 5 each week. Gates will serve as the RB1, but unfortunately you still have to start two RB and can't score two TEs. IMO, Foster if Roster doesn't pan out (and I don't think he will), this team will have severe RB depth issues. Unfortunately, I think there is a decent chance that Gates' early bye will not allow other players on the roster to have earned more playing time, and Week 3 poses a major hurdle if Troupe and Foster don't compensate for Gates being out. I hope I'm wrong, but . . . OVREALL GRADE: C/C+.

Users who are viewing this thread