Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Loomba

What kind of WINE did you drink last night?

09 Meyer Family Fluffy Billows Cab. Better than the 07 Silver Oak Napa imo

$6-8 dollar special at your local grocery store. HandCraft Pinot noir.

Surprisingly clean fruit. Quite swillable anytime

Hi Raiders. I will get another package sent to you asap. Can't believe the package was damaged.

Tonight I am going to a Sherry tasting. Any other Sherry fans?

I drink wine 3 or 4 nights a week, usually a bottle and a half per night. Does that sound like a lot?

Also I drink late at night, and usually fall asleep on the couch. A question I've had about drinking - did I black out, pass out, or just fall asleep?? I don't know the difference between these three.

Placed my first order with lastbottlewines.com. Anyone else use the site? I had a different one ready to go but it sold out just as I placed my order. I could have gotten the last bottle $25 credit. Still, picking up 6 bottles of Sportoletti Assisi Rosso 2008 for $10 each with free shipping seems like a deal. We're looking into getting a high quantity wine rack to start a bigger collection.

Edited by jamny

I drink wine 3 or 4 nights a week, usually a bottle and a half per night. Does that sound like a lot?

Also I drink late at night, and usually fall asleep on the couch. A question I've had about drinking - did I black out, pass out, or just fall asleep?? I don't know the difference between these three.

A blackout isn't the same as the other two. It happens when you drink so much you lose some of your memory.

Wine cellar (room) broke ground today. Removed the walls to do wiring, new insalation and vapor guarding. This process should take about a week. Then the stone face of the walls is installed while the wine racks themselves are created. Then the glass walls are installed. All in, the process should take just a bit under 3 months. 1000 bottle storage, very excited!

Mind if I ask approximate size and cost?

Mind if I ask approximate size and cost?

I'm not sure the square footage off the top of my head, but it will hold roughly 1000 bottles give or take. Will have room for large format bottles, boxes, etc. Final cost should be somewhere around 40k. Still waiting for final design of the racks.

Its the focal point of our living room. Half the walls will be glass so you can see into it from every angle. Looking forward to no longer having to pay for wine lockers and have it all in one place. We moved recently and part of the decision was to have a place for the wine. Its really hard to find a house that has a wine cellar already built so we budgeted accordingly.

Wine cellar (room) broke ground today. Removed the walls to do wiring, new insalation and vapor guarding. This process should take about a week. Then the stone face of the walls is installed while the wine racks themselves are created. Then the glass walls are installed. All in, the process should take just a bit under 3 months. 1000 bottle storage, very excited!

you should post pics throughout the construction...very cool!

:goodposting:

Don't be bashful! We want to see it.

Congrats

What's the best wine app for tracking, rating, etc.?

I use corkz and like it okay - would be interested in something better though

I use cor.kz as well. Agree that I could go for something better.

I use cor.kz as well. Agree that I could go for something better.

I use cellar tracker. Also have a wine spectator subscription that gives access to their online ratings.

:goodposting: Don't be bashful! We want to see it.Congrats

Of course.

Michel Schlumberger 2011 Maison Rouge. Simple, red table wine..$17 bottle. Fantastic. Dynamite for the price!

Kota Browne 2013 barrel samples:

Clone 115 - extreme press, zero press, barrel ferment, stainless ferment, concrete ferment

Clone 828 - hand sort, optical sort

Also tried some DO (dissolved oxygen) samples from 2012.

Across the board, both vintages should be phenomenal.

Kota Browne 2013 barrel samples:Clone 115 - extreme press, zero press, barrel ferment, stainless ferment, concrete fermentClone 828 - hand sort, optical sort Also tried some DO (dissolved oxygen) samples from 2012. Across the board, both vintages should be phenomenal.

Awesomeness. Just got an email that we are picking our allocation on Feb 3 for the spring release.

Michel Schlumberger 2011 Maison Rouge. Simple, red table wine..$17 bottle. Fantastic. Dynamite for the price!

:wub:

Kota Browne 2013 barrel samples:Clone 115 - extreme press, zero press, barrel ferment, stainless ferment, concrete fermentClone 828 - hand sort, optical sort Also tried some DO (dissolved oxygen) samples from 2012. Across the board, both vintages should be phenomenal.

Awesomeness. Just got an email that we are picking our allocation on Feb 3 for the spring release.

have you been to their new facility at The Barlow yet?

No. I have a ten month old son at home. That and the run up of nine months of my wife not drinking because she was pregnant put a serious damper on my wine trips. Our first wine trip out will be the World of Pinot Noir next month.

No. I have a ten month old son at home. That and the run up of nine months of my wife not drinking because she was pregnant put a serious damper on my wine trips. Our first wine trip out will be the World of Pinot Noir next month.

WOPN looks like a blast. seems like all the big boys/girls of Pinot Noir will be there. if you're looking to find some under-the-radar producers, be sure to taste Cargarsacchi Wines (Peter is kick in the ###) and Romillily Wines. both are small-production, high quality wineries.

i'd also stop at the Red Car table, even though Parker #### all over them in the latest WA issue. their Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir is top-notch.

and you should have a great time at the KB pick-up event. their new spot is one of the more impressive production facilities i've ever seen.

Local shop had a clearance. I grabbed a dozen $15-30 dollar bottles for $9-12.

For $9 a bottle 2011 Gascon Malbec is a winner. I'd happily pay the regular $15-16 price. I sure prefer it to more expensive Malbecs I've tried. I'm stowing 3 and bringing 3 to a Super Bowl party. I've finished one and opened another. I bought out his stock after trying it. It finishes fast, maybe too fast, but that makes it a fine stand alone drinker, imo. A good gateway red if you're a noob and not sure about wine. Perfect for a bbq. While looking for a link, I found it's a $9-12 bottle at several online sites, so my deal wasn't so sweet, and you can get it too! :)

Local shop had a clearance. I grabbed a dozen $15-30 dollar bottles for $9-12.

For $9 a bottle 2011 Gascon Malbec is a winner. I'd happily pay the regular $15-16 price. I sure prefer it to more expensive Malbecs I've tried. I'm stowing 3 and bringing 3 to a Super Bowl party. I've finished one and opened another. I bought out his stock after trying it. It finishes fast, maybe too fast, but that makes it a fine stand alone drinker, imo. A good gateway red if you're a noob and not sure about wine. Perfect for a bbq. While looking for a link, I found it's a $9-12 bottle at several online sites, so my deal wasn't so sweet, and you can get it too! :)

It's an awesome bottle even at the regular price.

2009 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon. Had dinner on the client's dime and another guy ordered two bottles at $185 per.

Good oaky cab.

2 pretty cool evenings recently

got to drink with fred schraeder

he brought an as yet unreleased sonoma coast chard, no label on the bottle, too oaky and too much ML for me, an aston(because the cocky bastards all have aston martins) pinot noir with an alcohol content north of 16% :eek: the amazing thing was it was so well made and had so much acid the heat was virtually non existent. and a bottle of old sparky cab. this is a special cab he does, magnum only, quite delicious. he also brought a 375 of a beckstoffer to kalon cab that he makes in VERY limited production of that was a gift to the host. 4 bottles of wine i had never seen before. pretty cool

had this line up at a charity event.

armand de brignac rose --meh

89 beaucastel -- wonderful

09 trimbach clos ste hune reisling -- might have been my favorite

07 uv aubert -- these pinots are really really good

09 2nd flight screaming eagle -- double meh

royal taokaji szt tomas -- i love tokaji, and had never had this one. it was brilliant

2009 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon at $185 per.

Did you check to make sure your client still had his watch and wallet when you left?

wow it has been a while since I have been in here.

picked up 6 bottles of 2011 Finca La Mata Ribera Del Duero - excellent wine, highly rated for a $18 bottle of wine

Did you check to make sure your client still had his watch and wallet when you left?

$185 for a 2009 Jordan is really steep

To celebrate the end of week long trial, we had a tremendous 7-course dinner with wine pairings in the cellar room of our city's best restaurant. I wish I had written down every label we had because there were some terrific wines...two white burgundy that were excellent.

Highlight - and one of the best wine experiences I've ever had - was a 1994 Chateau Haut-Brion Bordeaux Red Blend. We decanted two bottles...and paired it with Beef Rossini with seared foie gras.

:pickle:

Edited by Ray Karpis

WOPN looks like a blast. seems like all the big boys/girls of Pinot Noir will be there. if you're looking to find some under-the-radar producers, be sure to taste Cargarsacchi Wines (Peter is kick in the ###) and Romillily Wines. both are small-production, high quality wineries.

i'd also stop at the Red Car table, even though Parker #### all over them in the latest WA issue. their Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir is top-notch.

and you should have a great time at the KB pick-up event. their new spot is one of the more impressive production facilities i've ever seen.

Any last minute suggestions anyone recommends for wineries to visit that aren't well known?

http://www.worldofpinotnoir.com/participants.php

Went a little crazy at the wine shop yesterday.

Picked up:

2011 Domaine Saint Préfert Châteauneuf-du-Pape Collection Charles Giraud

2005 santa maria dell'arco Montepulciano d'Abruzzo

2010 Torrione Petrolo

Wine room will FINALLY be done this week. The last set of racks are going in today. Touchups and dialing in the cooler temp and humidifier are tomorrow. I'll post pics once done but it will be at least a few weeks before all the wine is in.

• Like 2

$185 for a 2009 Jordan is really steep

i can get a ton of the late 90's through early 00's for 50-100 per bottle....Opended a 1998 cab a few weeks ago...really good.

2010 Mica Cabernet

JFC. I've never had a bottle of Buccella, but those people know how to make wine. Big fan.

2009 Chateau Fontanche Saint Chinian.

For $13.99, this one was awesome. I don't normally buy wines from the Languedoc-Roussillon region but this one will get me looking for more.

Granache, Syrah and Carignan blend.

2011 Rombauer Zinfandel

very tasty

just curious: what was the ABV? Rombauer Zins tend to run on the "big" side, but 2011 was a pretty cool vintage overall.