What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FFA Heavy Music Thread - No banal, anodyne "Dad Rock" BS here.. (1 Viewer)

I'd call QOTSA straight stoner rock, and Kyuss & Clutch more of a stoner metal hybridBinge & Purge is definitely metal
kyuss & Magnet are the bands most "newer" stoner rock acts try to be.I never thought of clutch as stoner rock, but you guys know more about labels than I

Skindred?
This thread took quite a little nap - excellent topic, E.G. Didn't see an answer to "Skindred" and I'm curious. Having "accidentially" bought their entire CD, I'm not sure what I call it. I'll hang up and listen to the answer. :goodposting:
I'd have to go yes on those guys, although I haven't heard that much of their stuff.Back in the 80s and into the mid 90s, I spent most of my days not at work listening to metal. Nowadays, I only have a few minutes a day to myself when I'm not working, so the 2000-2007 metal bands, excepting a handful that I focus on (Devildriver, Lamb of God, Killswitch, etc..) I don't know as much about, regrettably.

I'd call QOTSA straight stoner rock, and Kyuss & Clutch more of a stoner metal hybridBinge & Purge is definitely metal
kyuss & Magnet are the bands most "newer" stoner rock acts try to be.I never thought of clutch as stoner rock, but you guys know more about labels than I
Fu Manchu - stoner rock, non-metal variety. Also your boy's sidepiece, teh Atomic #####wax
what's non-metal about fu and the ABW?

Skindred?
This thread took quite a little nap - excellent topic, E.G. Didn't see an answer to "Skindred" and I'm curious. Having "accidentially" bought their entire CD, I'm not sure what I call it. I'll hang up and listen to the answer. :headbang:
I'd have to go yes on those guys, although I haven't heard that much of their stuff.Back in the 80s and into the mid 90s, I spent most of my days not at work listening to metal. Nowadays, I only have a few minutes a day to myself when I'm not working, so the 2000-2007 metal bands, excepting a handful that I focus on (Devildriver, Lamb of God, Killswitch, etc..) I don't know as much about, regrettably.
You need some Mastodon in your diet, Isn't devildriver the remains of coalchamber? good or bad?

Fu Manchu - stoner rock, non-metal variety. Also your boy's sidepiece, teh Atomic #####wax
They don't seem to cross that line.. at least the Fu I've heard... definitely not the BW, seems lighter. I like both.

They don't seem to cross that line.. at least the Fu I've heard... definitely not the BW, seems lighter. I like both.
:headbang:

Skindred?
This thread took quite a little nap - excellent topic, E.G. Didn't see an answer to "Skindred" and I'm curious. Having "accidentially" bought their entire CD, I'm not sure what I call it. I'll hang up and listen to the answer. :headbang:
You need some Mastodon in your diet, Isn't devildriver the remains of coalchamber? good or bad?
I've heard a decent amount of Mastodon, some stuff I like and other stuff, not as much.Devildriver is the remains of Coal Chamber, but it's just Dez Fafara. It's infinitely heavier than Coal Chamber and is pure 100% straight up metal. Think Lamb of God mixed with a hint of Sabbath with Coal Chamber's vocalist.

AcceptKixLA GunzBlack FlagThe Ramones
yes???yesNo-punkNo - Punk
LA Guns, ya think? OK... I won't argue. Their first two = $$$
I was never a big fan, but I didn't own the albums either, so you would know better. To me, they're like Guns N Roses - where they're metal, but they're almost just pure hard rock. AC/DC is another hybrid to me.
It's your thread and you're the decider. I tend to call all those guys hard rock, but glam metal is a term that's also used (and of course "hair metal")

Accept's the only one that sucks and also the only one that's metal
Kix and LA Gunz both pretty much suck, IMO as well, but I would definitely consider them both 80s hair metal.
Kix had 4-5 good songs, IMO. But I have ####ty taste.Blow My Fuse was teh rok
I think you have excellent taste, well except for queen of the reich

Accept's the only one that sucks and also the only one that's metal
Kix and LA Gunz both pretty much suck, IMO as well, but I would definitely consider them both 80s hair metal.
Kix had 4-5 good songs, IMO. But I have ####ty taste.Blow My Fuse was teh rok
I think you have excellent taste, well except for queen of the reich
QUEEN OF THE REIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEECH-AH!

Old Metal ?

King Crimson

Grand Funk Railroad

LedZeppelin is a Rock band w/ a dimension that influenced heavy metal, IMHO.

Old Metal ?King CrimsonGrand Funk RailroadLedZeppelin is a Rock band w/ a dimension that influenced heavy metal, IMHO.
NoNoI agree.
Where do you draw the line that distinguishes a 3 chord, head bouncing, in your face, chains and leather rock band w/ their amps turned up to "11" from a "heavy metal" band? When did "hard rock" or "heavy metal rock" turn into plain old "heavy metal" or "metal" What band do you consider to be the 1st "official" heavy metal band?

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Metal ?King CrimsonGrand Funk RailroadLedZeppelin is a Rock band w/ a dimension that influenced heavy metal, IMHO.
NoNoI agree.
Where do you draw the line that distinguishes a 3 chord, head bouncing, in your face, chains and leather rock bands w/ their amps turned up to "11" from a heavy metal band? When did "hard rock" or "heavy metal rock" turn into plain old "heavy metal" or "metal" What band do you consider to be the 1st "official" heavy metal band?
Sabbath

Users who are viewing this thread