What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lawyer Milloy released (1 Viewer)

I'm assuming noone has any update on this ? As for all the Bills bashers, we'll see who ends up where in about 16 weeks, then we'll talk....oh, yea....have you figured out which stinker RB you are starting yet on Sunday? Just curious....its not like its an important position or anything.....
I'm a PATS fan, but IMO any of the AFC east can win the division.

I've been at some other NFL sites (don't tell anyone :D )and they have made mention that Milloy headed to Buffalo today and is scheduled to fly to Pittsburgh tomorrow if no contract agreement is reached with the Bills.Can anyone confirm either of these? I figured FBGs is the best place to get feedback. I am not even positive he did in fact visit the Bills today. Or that he has had confirmed conversations with any teams at all. Good thread btw. :thumbup:

I'm assuming noone has any update on this  ? As for all the Bills bashers, we'll see who ends up where in about 16 weeks, then we'll talk....oh, yea....have you figured out which stinker RB you are starting yet on Sunday? Just curious....its not like its an important position or anything.....
I'm a PATS fan, but IMO any of the AFC east can win the division.
besides the jets

The problem is, we are all pretty good teams, so we knock each other out twice a year X 3....I think the Jets will hold their own - Pennington isn't a Manning or anything....

if you think the player they replace Milloy with will be better than him, then you are clearly not connected to reality.Bledsoe vs Brady is debatable as to who is better.Lawyer Milloy vs Antwain Harris or Chris Akins is simply laughable.
It is you who are in need of a reality check.Maybe it is news to you but Harrison has already replaced Milloy.NE (and I) would have preffered to keep him another year but Milloy couldn't accept a backup role or a backups pay. Check out his stats from last year and get back to me.One of Harris or Akins will likely play Free Safety but that would have happened whether Milloy was around or not.As far as Brady and Bledsoe are concerned IMO there is no debate but I can understand why some might still need to see Bledsoe repeat his 2nd half performance from last year before they accept what I already know for a fact from following him for the last 10 years.
funny, because all the reports I heard during the preseason were that Harrison and Milloy were BOTH going to be starting for New England. I don't recall reading that Milloy was going to be a backup or that the Patriots felt he should be paid like a backup.Keep believing he has nothing left...we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
I am not sure what the coaching staff was expected to say but the fact of the matter is Harrison is as good or better a SS as Milloy is.I never said Milloy had nothing left and in fact I am sure the team (and I) would have preferred to keep him at least another year if not longer. I am quite sure New England offerred him far more than he is going to make from anyone else but he has his pride to think about.His stat line from last year is not very impressive.60 Tackles and goose eggs for FF, FR, Ints's and Sacks (Thems the facts!).Those numbers are easily replaced by Harrison.Free Safety is where the question mark is but that was a question mark whether we kept him or not.Good luck to Bufalo if they pick him up, they can use all the good players they can get.
I read numerous reports that the Patriots were planning to play both as hybrid SS/FS players...one on the left and one on the right.Have fun with Harrison...at least Milloy was durable. Harrison will miss multiple games due to injuries or suspension nearly every year.That's 2 quality safeties the Pats have given up in the past 6 months or so. Harrison better make the Pro Bowl for this whole plan to work out.

Have fun with Harrison...at least Milloy was durable. Harrison will miss multiple games due to injuries or suspension nearly every year.That's 2 quality safeties the Pats have given up in the past 6 months or so. Harrison better make the Pro Bowl for this whole plan to work out.
Make no mistake here , Tebucky Jones was not a quality safety. He's a great athelete but not a quality safety, quality special teams player yes.

this just in.............. According to WGR SportsRadio55 in Buffalo, NY, the Buffalo Bills have reached a verbal agreement with S Lawyer Milloy. Mike Florio in NYC is the original source of the report. Milloy, a four time All-Pro was released by the New England Patriots on Tuesday morning after refusing to renegotiate his salary. The Pats had tried to force Milloy to take a pay cut since early this spring.Hmmm..going to listen to the radio

John Clayton reports-taken from another site-that the Saints, Bills, and Vikes have all offered deals around $4million ayear. Things have stalled because he wants more.

Things have stalled because he wants more.
what is wrong with this guy? someone needs to teach this man how to read so he can look at his numbers from last season. take the $4 million and RUN WITH IT!!!i hope he tears his knee apart walking up the stairs to sign the contract. STINGY BASTAGE!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
from ProFootballTalk.com:

DAILY RUMOR MILL by Profootballtalk editor Mike FlorioMILLOY BUFFALO BOUND?Word out of New York is that the Bills have reached a verbal agreement with safety Lawyer Milloy, who was cut earlier in the day by the Patriots.(Hey, Pastabelli -- we didn't have to nuzzle Donahoe's crotch to get that one.)The Bills would score a double-coup if they can land Milloy.  Not only do they upgrade one of their weaknesses on defense, but they also get a chance to pick Milloy's brain as they prepare to face the Pats in week one.

Only thing mentioned on the local radio from Buffalo is that this Mike Florio is from profootballtalk.com and that's where the story is coming. No OFFICIAL word yet though of a signing.

Just so some of you IDP's are aware, the Bills would use more of a Left/Right Safety than the more conventional FS and SS if or when Milloy signs, so that would pretty much mean both Milloy and Wire would start.

Yes I just read that the Vikes contacted Milloys agent, attempting to set up a day when they could meet face to face later this week. But so far the only thing we have is from Florio @ pro football talk? :sigh:

Interesting stuff.Look's like Lawyer's market value exceeds his true value at this point, based on Clayton's comments. Oh well, we'll have to count on Rodney to crack Isaac's ribs this time around...

Roy Williams and Lawyer Milloy....ya can't tell me Parcells isn't wonderring if he can arrange this, get this to work.Anyhow, there's something absolutely glaringly missing from all these posts about money.Lawyer has never made a million dollars.I cannot recall another pro bowl player that has never made a mil. I consider him one of the best and so I certainly think he deserves(relative) a measley million. In my opinion, the Pats mistreated/disrespected(whatever the word) him financially. I know salaries are incredibly high in the NFL and of course they try and get values. However, when a player is a value for a long time it seems like the team is shortchanging him. Sure his agent stinks, sure he does. In my opinion they could have paid him 8 mil this year and it'd be cool by me, he earned it. I'd consider it backpay.

the Pats signed Victor Green this summer.I don't recall what came of it. He started for the Jets not too long ago and he was just OK but....anyone know if he's on the Pats?

Roy Williams and Lawyer Milloy....ya can't tell me Parcells isn't wonderring if he can arrange this, get this to work.Anyhow, there's something absolutely glaringly missing from all these posts about money.Lawyer has never made a million dollars.I cannot recall another pro bowl player that has never made a mil. I consider him one of the best and so I certainly think he deserves(relative) a measley million. In my opinion, the Pats mistreated/disrespected(whatever the word) him financially. I know salaries are incredibly high in the NFL and of course they try and get values. However, when a player is a value for a long time it seems like the team is shortchanging him. Sure his agent stinks, sure he does. In my opinion they could have paid him 8 mil this year and it'd be cool by me, he earned it. I'd consider it backpay.
He has made a million. Just not in annual salary. Youy are forgetting he had made about a million with his signing bonus as a rookie because he was a 2nd round pick. And I think he made atleast 5 mill on his signing bonus for his new contract.

sigh

Milloy knew it was going to happen. He met with Belichick Saturday evening and that's when he got the news. Both sides agreed months ago to try and work on a deal and if it couldn't get done they would put it off until after the season, however, Poston got a hair up his ### and figured he could ride the Pat's for Milloy and Law (plus make a statement to a couple of other teams). Belichick doesn't like those kinds of plays (look back at his moves in Cleveland RE: Kosar).

After Saturday night neither side traded offers even though both sides had bantered back and forth for the past half year on an almost daily basis. Both sides said it was due to the holiday. Both sides were talking to other teams over the holiday.

One speculation is that Owner Robert Kraft is still ticked about some of the off-record comments made by Milloy during the '99-00 re-negotiation talks.

How psyched am I if this is true!!! Note to the obnoxious Pats fans that surrounded me in my own stadium last year - times will be tough when we double your score this year...and I'm curious to see how many of you make the trek to Buffalo after a non-SuperBowl year, fair-weather-fans of Boston...... :P
First of all, Belichek owns Bledsoe, so you will have to be ridiculously lucky to even take ONE of the two games we play this season.Second, you call US fair-weather fans, right after to tell us we were surrounding you IN YOUR OWN STADIUM last year? Please.

Also, one of my fellow NE fans in here has been saying that the plan was for Milloy to back up Harrison, and someone else was going to play FS (or something, I stopped reading it after awhile). Let me clear this up.The Patriots do NOT play a FS/SS set, as most teams in the NFL do. Actually, they play more of a left safety/right safety set. Both Harrison and Milloy were going to start.I don't know where you'd come up with the idea that the Pats signed Harrison to start over Milloy.

First of all, Belichek owns Bledsoe, so you will have to be ridiculously lucky to even take ONE of the two games we play this season.Second, you call US fair-weather fans, right after to tell us we were surrounding you IN YOUR OWN STADIUM last year? Please.
I think what was being said is that the only time the Patriots fans ever showed up in Buffalo was AFTER their team won a Super Bowl. Never saw many before that, and probably won't see too many after that.Meanwhile, you'll find tons of Bills fans in every city and every stadium where the Bills play, despite the fact that Buffalo is a much smaller market.Boston has great sports fans in general, but the Patriots aren't exactly the most important team in town. The Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins all seem to have more diehard fans than the Patriots. Hell, Kraft wanted to move the team to Connecticut not too long ago, didn't he?

Also, one of my fellow NE fans in here has been saying that the plan was for Milloy to back up Harrison, and someone else was going to play FS (or something, I stopped reading it after awhile). Let me clear this up.The Patriots do NOT play a FS/SS set, as most teams in the NFL do. Actually, they play more of a left safety/right safety set. Both Harrison and Milloy were going to start.I don't know where you'd come up with the idea that the Pats signed Harrison to start over Milloy.
that's what I've been telling that nutjob.nice to FINALLY hear from a knowledgable PatsFan around here :thumbup: was beginning to wonder if they actually existed. Still in search of a knowledgable Dolphins fan though...

First, as I said right of the bat if I had my druthers I would rather have seen Milloy stay around at least 1 more year but anyone following NE knew that it was likely Milloy and or Law would be gone before the start of next season because of their huge cap dollars. Milloys stats from last year were average and 65 tackles 0,0,0,0 does not add up to the huge dollars he was projected to make this year and next. Secondly, I came up with the idea because both of them are STRONG safeties check NE's website under roster and postion for each player. Hint SS stands for STRONG SAFETY and it is the position each of them have played for many years. No matter how you slice it and what you call it you still need 1 safety to cover the deep part of the field and that person was not likely to be either Milloy or Harrison because neither one of them are known for their cover skill. (by the way how did the hybrid big nickel work out last year?) Could NE have played both of them at the same time? Yes, is that ideal? No not as far as I am concerned. Harrison is a comparable player to Milloy and can (will) the Strong Safety postition for reasonable money. Somebody is going to have to play the other (Free) safety position and whatever BB calls it that player will be more of a cover guy than Milloy ever was.Does losing Milloy hurt? Yes but probably more as a presence in the locker room than on the field.NE had the difficult choice to either continue to overpay a popular guy and team leader who's ego, reputation and press clippings had eclipsed his actual production or cut 2 or three other players they feel they need. I am also very confident NE offerred Milloy far more than he is going to make anywhere else and is cutting of his nose to spite his face.If Bufalo can and wants to give a 65 tackle guy 5 or 6 million a year god bless em. Milloy is a good guy with a lot of heart and is an asset for any team but he isn't as good as he thinks he is and in NE's opinion (and mine) he is not a 5-6 mil a year guy.

First of all, Belichek owns Bledsoe, so you will have to be ridiculously lucky to even take ONE of the two games we play this season.Second, you call US fair-weather fans, right after to tell us we were surrounding you IN YOUR OWN STADIUM last year?  Please.
I think what was being said is that the only time the Patriots fans ever showed up in Buffalo was AFTER their team won a Super Bowl. Never saw many before that, and probably won't see too many after that.Meanwhile, you'll find tons of Bills fans in every city and every stadium where the Bills play, despite the fact that Buffalo is a much smaller market.Boston has great sports fans in general, but the Patriots aren't exactly the most important team in town. The Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins all seem to have more diehard fans than the Patriots. Hell, Kraft wanted to move the team to Connecticut not too long ago, didn't he?
first off, its very difficult to take you seriously with that pic as your avatar. is that booger from revenge of the nerds?secondly, you dont know what you are talking about in regards to what team owns new england. celtics and bruins are not even on the map. attendance is WAY down and neither team seems interested in improving. red sox have a following, but the patriots are #1 by a long shot. and that is not the case because of the superbowl. it starting happening when the tuna got hired and bledsoe came on board. please do not try to compare boston fans to buffalo fans, you will lose everytime.....

First of all, Belichek owns Bledsoe, so you will have to be ridiculously lucky to even take ONE of the two games we play this season.Second, you call US fair-weather fans, right after to tell us we were surrounding you IN YOUR OWN STADIUM last year?  Please.
first off, its very difficult to take you seriously with that pic as your avatar. is that booger from revenge of the nerds?secondly, you dont know what you are talking about in regards to what team owns new england. celtics and bruins are not even on the map. attendance is WAY down and neither team seems interested in improving. red sox have a following, but the patriots are #1 by a long shot. and that is not the case because of the superbowl. it starting happening when the tuna got hired and bledsoe came on board. please do not try to compare boston fans to buffalo fans, you will lose everytime.....
He is clueless NST.....Pats won SB 2 years ago.Pats have sold out the entire season for at least the last 10 years.Bufalo on the other hand :rolleyes: has problems selling out a single game never mind an entire season.

He is clueless NST.....Pats won SB 2 years ago.Pats have sold out the entire season for at least the last 10 years.Bufalo on the other hand :rolleyes: has problems selling out a single game never mind an entire season.
Hmmm.... and that's why Kraft wanted to move to Conn.? Because you guys were selling out the stadium every week for the last 15 years?I know the Bills haven't sold out the stadium as much recently, but we went through the 90s selling out a 80,000 seat stadium every week in one of the smallest NFL markets. That's about 20,000 - 25,000 more seats than most NFL stadiums.

Hmmm.... and that's why Kraft wanted to move to Conn.? Because you guys were selling out the stadium every week for the last 15 years?I know the Bills haven't sold out the stadium as much recently, but we went through the 90s selling out a 80,000 seat stadium every week in one of the smallest NFL markets. That's about 20,000 - 25,000 more seats than most NFL stadiums.
you should not comment on things you do not nkow about or understand. the whole Ct issue was mr kraft playing hardball. he admitted afterwards that he was having a hard time convincing the authorities to allow him to build his own stadium on his own property. CT was throwing him the land and would build it for him at no cost out of his pocket. once massachusetts realized that they may lose the team they became more open to mr krafts ideas. mr kraft stayed here (where he built the stadium out of his own pocket) because of the great fans and because he knew he would fill the stadium EVERY week. by the way if you looked up the term "fair-weathered fan" in the dictionary you would probably find it described as "I know the Bills haven't sold out the stadium as much recently, but we went through the 90s selling out a 80,000 seat stadium every week in one of the smallest NFL markets. That's about 20,000 - 25,000 more seats than most NFL stadiums."so, the fans came when the product was good, but stayed away during the tough times. that, my son, is fair-weathered fans at its finest.....

Kraft wanted to move the team to Connecticut because the town of Foxboro and the state of Massachusetts wouldn't kick in any money to help build a new stadium. Foxboro stadium was selling out every game, but the place was a dump and was too small to suit existing demand. CT offered up a sweetheart deal, including massive public financing. Kraft ended up staying in Foxboro once the town agreed to improve infrastructure -- Even through Bob Kraft financed Gillette Stadium with 100% PRIVATE money.There is currently a 50,000+ person waiting list on season tickets. I should know. I'm on it.To say that the Patriots have a weak fan base is to be fully naive of the situation up here. The Pats are the top draw by far. Pats preseason games draw twice the TV ratings as Red Sox/Yankees matchups if they're on at the same time.

I almost can't believe they don't sell out.I went to two Bills games. One was in late december and they played the Pats. Winner goes to the playoffs, loser likely goes home for the winter. I sat on these seats that were like concrete blocks with blankets and a zillion layers of clothes and...wow was it a bitter cold day.I have family that lives in Orchard Park and every single time I visit I see bumper stickers(not just on a few cars but like every other car) the houses put flags out with the Bills on em', that's all everyone talks about on sunday when I'd go to a restaurant for breakfast, I went in a K-mart or Walmart and heard the game over the loud speakers, the bars all have signs watch the bills here(kinda normal sounding, hard to describe) with us and.....that entire community is Bills crazy. This isn't a city it's more like towns in NJ. Very different than comparing folks in NY City, Chicago, Pittsburgh etc. it's more like a town. All of them seem to adore the Bills. If they have trouble selling out games it's an utter shame. There are a precious few NFL communities that support their team as much as those folks. I always imagined the folks in Packerville would be but...... The only "bone" I'd throw that owner for not selling out games is the fact that some sunday's it is ridiculously cold and you just flat out do not want to be outside. Otherwise, someone in the Bills organization needs to go back to business school if they can't sell out.

First of all, Belichek owns Bledsoe, so you will have to be ridiculously lucky to even take ONE of the two games we play this season.
Belichick also owns/owned Peyton Manning. They scheme to get a couple INTs but then these QBs come back throwing a ton. I think Milloy and Law together could shut down any WR in the NFL and they just about did that over their careers, now I dunno. It's very possible that Moulds and Harrison have great games against the Pats and Bill would be better suited to keep it a slow paced game. I do recall it backfiring exactly like that one time with the Jets. Aaron Glenn was a pro bowl CB just like Law so that's about as close at it gets comparison wise. We'll see what happens, I just think Bill should be careful not to open pandora's box. I'd take Peyton to Marvin with Law and Chris Akins coverring him over Brady to Brown with Antoine and Lawyer coverring him anyday.

you should not comment on things you do not nkow about or understand. the whole Ct issue was mr kraft playing hardball. he admitted afterwards that he was having a hard time convincing the authorities to allow him to build his own stadium on his own property. CT was throwing him the land and would build it for him at no cost out of his pocket. once massachusetts realized that they may lose the team they became more open to mr krafts ideas. mr kraft stayed here (where he built the stadium out of his own pocket) because of the great fans and because he knew he would fill the stadium EVERY week. by the way if you looked up the term "fair-weathered fan" in the dictionary you would probably find it described as "I know the Bills haven't sold out the stadium as much recently, but we went through the 90s selling out a 80,000 seat stadium every week in one of the smallest NFL markets. That's about 20,000 - 25,000 more seats than most NFL stadiums."so, the fans came when the product was good, but stayed away during the tough times. that, my son, is fair-weathered fans at its finest.....
So answer me this: If you have such a huge fan base and 50,000 people on the waiting list, why did you not build a bigger stadium? Didn't you just get a new one? What happened?GDB the Patsie fans who win one SB (on a poor call in the playoff game, although the victory against the Rams was impressive) and think they're the kings of the past, present and future football world. Get a clue already. Most teams have lulls in their fanhoods. The only team that doesn't in my 20 years of watching pro football is the Steelers. They have the best NFL fans by far.

They DID build a bigger stadium.Gillette holds 68,000+. More than Heinz Field, home of the Steelers and their loyal fans.

They DID build a bigger stadium.Gillette holds 68,000+. More than Heinz Field, home of the Steelers and their loyal fans.
cb is once again talking about things he does not know or understand. it is really not worth the effort to respond to him.

cb is once again talking about things he does not know or understand. it is really not worth the effort to respond to him.
whatever NST. The fact remains that anyone that has been a member of this board (in previous incarnations) for the last 3 or 4 years thinks that the Patriot fans have gotten very smug and arrogant since their team won the super bowl. I didn't see that from Raven or Buc fans, for the most part. As someone who has followed the Bills for 20+ years, I have to say that I do not remember such an attitude when you were getting crushed by the Bears in 85. I only hope that if...er...when the Bills finally win the SB, we will not turn into a bunch of smug, arrogant fans. I just don't see it. Back on topic...I am sure that Milloy can help our team, but I'm not sure that the price is worth it. I know we're trying to win now, but I don't think it's worth salary cap hell to do it, as most of our guys are under 30. Very suprised by WAS being interested in terms of paying for Bailey next year. Is Milloy better than Bailey?

by the way if you looked up the term "fair-weathered fan" in the dictionary you would probably find it described as "I know the Bills haven't sold out the stadium as much recently, but we went through the 90s selling out a 80,000 seat stadium every week in one of the smallest NFL markets. That's about 20,000 - 25,000 more seats than most NFL stadiums."so, the fans came when the product was good, but stayed away during the tough times. that, my son, is fair-weathered fans at its finest.....
Construx, here boy... here is 25 cents so you can buy a clue.You want loyal fans, you come to Buffalo. The pure ignorance of this post is laughable.A city that has fallen from a million plus to 400K over the past 15 years... When you need half the friggen city to fill the stadium...I have lived her 27 out of 30 years of my life and I can proudly say, that this area does not consist of Fair Weather Fans. Between Sabre fans and Bills fans, the majority never waiver. I seen more Bills fans in Charlotte then I could beleive. Half the bars had Bills stuff up all over. One bar even wouldn't let you in if you weren't a Bills fan on Gameday!!! That Bar was on Independence Blvd... forgot the name.Consider WNY was in the TOP10 of losing jobs in and out over the past 5 years, the amount of people that did show for a Game still baffles me. Please go use your Remington Razor (I am sure you own 10 of them to support hairpiece Kraft) and please post about something you know, which you don't know a thing about Buffalo.I refuse to comment on New England, could really care less to be honest. PLUS I know nothing about it. Nor do I care to know, I dislike the Patriots and mostly Bill Mumblemouth.

Construx, here boy... here is 25 cents so you can buy a clue.You want loyal fans, you come to Buffalo. The pure ignorance of this post is laughable.A city that has fallen from a million plus to 400K over the past 15 years... When you need half the friggen city to fill the stadium...I have lived her 27 out of 30 years of my life and I can proudly say, that this area does not consist of Fair Weather Fans. Between Sabre fans and Bills fans, the majority never waiver. I seen more Bills fans in Charlotte then I could beleive. Half the bars had Bills stuff up all over. One bar even wouldn't let you in if you weren't a Bills fan on Gameday!!! That Bar was on Independence Blvd... forgot the name.Consider WNY was in the TOP10 of losing jobs in and out over the past 5 years, the amount of people that did show for a Game still baffles me. Please go use your Remington Razor (I am sure you own 10 of them to support hairpiece Kraft) and please post about something you know, which you don't know a thing about Buffalo.I refuse to comment on New England, could really care less to be honest. PLUS I know nothing about it. Nor do I care to know, I dislike the Patriots and mostly Bill Mumblemouth.
confused much???

by the way if you looked up the term "fair-weathered fan" in the dictionary you would probably find it described as "I know the Bills haven't sold out the stadium as much recently, but we went through the 90s selling out a 80,000 seat stadium every week in one of the smallest NFL markets. That's about 20,000 - 25,000 more seats than most NFL stadiums."so, the fans came when the product was good, but stayed away during the tough times.  that, my son, is fair-weathered fans at its finest.....
Construx, here boy... here is 25 cents so you can buy a clue.
Uhh...I'm a little confused. Are you saying I should buy a clue because I said that the Bills don't sell out anymore? The Patsie fan NST said that Buffalo has fair weather fans, not me. I was never really given a chance to respond, but I certainly would have pointed out that a main reason for the decline in attendence is very related to the local economy, not how good the Bills are.

the patriots are #1 by a long shot. and that is not the case because of the superbowl. it starting happening when the tuna got hired and bledsoe came on board.
*cough* fair-weathered fans...you just proved my point.Patriots are the new big thing in town...you can't tell me anyone there cared about the Pats as much 10 years ago as they do now.10-20 years ago, all those other teams were a bigger deal than the Pats. Football is bigger than any other sport by a huge margin, so I'd expect Boston to have tons of football fans. But, I still think the other sports as well as college sports have a much longer history of great support from the fans than the Patriots. I don't remember ever meeting a Patriots fan in the 4 years I went to the University of Vermont and lived in New England, but Bruins and Red Sox fans were all coming out of the woodwork.Bills fans have been die-hard since the 60's. We don't have much else going on in Buffalo to be completely honest. :brush:

*cough* fair-weathered fans...you just proved my point.Patriots are the new big thing in town...you can't tell me anyone there cared about the Pats as much 10 years ago as they do now.10-20 years ago, all those other teams were a bigger deal than the Pats. Football is bigger than any other sport by a huge margin, so I'd expect Boston to have tons of football fans. But, I still think the other sports as well as college sports have a much longer history of great support from the fans than the Patriots. I don't remember ever meeting a Patriots fan in the 4 years I went to the University of Vermont and lived in New England, but Bruins and Red Sox fans were all coming out of the woodwork.Bills fans have been die-hard since the 60's. We don't have much else going on in Buffalo to be completely honest. :brush:
hey you're back. you didnt answer my question about the avatar. what is the fascination with booger???

so, you're bragging about selling out a 68,000 seat stadium in one of the biggest markets on the east-coast, yet criticizing the Bills for having some troubles selling out an open-air 80,000 seat stadium in one of the smallest markets in the NFL that is also severely economically deprived?Makes little sense to me.

to be perfectly honest with you guys, i dont care who the better fans are. i know that i personally have followed the pats since i was about 8. they have always been my favorite local team. as i said earlier, i root heavily for the bills as well because i am a huge drew fan. if the bills arent playing the pats i watch and root for the bills. i do not live in buffalo and cannot comment on what it is like there. i just find it kind of funny that you guys can claim to have better fans and yet admit that you cant fill the stadium. i am sure you have TONS of die-hard fans just like we do. fact is, you have NO CLUE what it is like here and what our fans are like year round.

Users who are viewing this thread