What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get it On! Rookie Draft Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

I second that on Denny's voice. Shouldn't you avoid shouting at the strip club the night before if you know you will need to talk the next day? :rotflmao:

I love the Newman pick. They stayed pat & didn't do anything fancy. Along with Derek Ross, they now have two outstanding young CBs. They need to get help on the DL (preferably a pass-rushing DE for the weakside) or at RB in the 2nd round, depending on best value.

I think the Cards will save the pick and select Terrell SuggsDE Ariz St. A QB would be good, but they need help on both sides of the ball...

I second that on Denny's voice. Shouldn't you avoid shouting at the strip club the night before if you know you will need to talk the next day? :rotflmao:
:D He was probably there making sure there was an appropriete amount of minority dancers :eek:

Arizona will take Suggs or they'll trade with New Orleans - pretty obvious so far.

az won't care if it helps the team. They put local boys into boost sales. Only way to get butts in the seats is to have their families show up for home games.Suggs is a sure thing

az won't care if it helps the team. They put local boys into boost sales. Only way to get butts in the seats is to have their families show up for home games.Suggs is a sure thing
Sullivan to NO!Now thats a surprise!

You were saying???

Wow!!!HUGE insanity. Trade and then the saints go for SULLIVAN???? over TRUFANT?????Chalk up one moron point for the Saints.Arizona catches a break! they need 2 picks in the first round badly with all their holes.F

First Trade...Trade pick goes to the Saints!#6 - Jonathan Sullivan (sorry PATS!)so does Arizona get both of the Saints two first round picks???1) Palmer to the Bengals2) Rogers to the Lions3) Johnson to the Texans.4) Robertson to the Jets5) Newman to the Cowboys 6) Sullivan to the Saints! (trade from the Cards)

Last edited by a moderator:
NE hosed themselves by standing pat. They're already got a ton of good, cheap players under contract, and now they're looking more and more like they're going to be picking 9 or 10 players over the next day. That means that come late August, they're either going to be cutting draft picks or veterans that other teams will snap up.

Well this really ####ed up all the draft boards. Where does Trufant go now???? Could Suggs drop out of the top 10?

Had Sullivan's stock jumped that much? Wouldn't he have probably been there at their original picks?

I was just looking through some of my old draft books and I found an interesting comparison for those of you who are down on Terrell Suggs.DE Terrell Suggs - 6'3-1/4" | 262 lbs. | 4.75 40 yard dashDE Andre Carter - 6'4-1/4" | 260 lbs. | 4.73 40 yard dashAnd with Suggs's tremedous college success, I would think that he would translate into a better pro.

Now... you gotta think one of the QB's are going to Arizona.If Suggs drops to 17... the cardinals are going to be sitting pretty.

NO trades up to take Sullivan at #6... he coulda been there with their #17. :wacko:
Sullivan would not have been there at 17. Either NE, SEA, or the Chargers would have taken him....
NE would have been all over him.Good defensive move by Saints.By draft usage.

LMAO @ "good move" - this was a totall STOOOPID move by the Aints. Cards do something smart. Go figure. :eek:

NO trades up to take Sullivan at #6... he coulda been there with their #17. :wacko:
No way, the Pats were going to move up to 10 get him if he lasted that long.What do the Pats do now?

LMAO @ "good move" - this was a totall STOOOPID move by the Aints. Cards do something smart. Go figure. :eek:
Cards can now get good quality at WR, QB, and DE all of which they are in desparate need. They now have 3 picks in the first 37, so a good move overall.

Jonathan Sullivan will very likey be a great player. He's an amazing athlete. You have to give the Smokescreen Award so far to the Saints, anyway, LOL.

Does anyone have the actual details of the Arizona - Saints trade?I thought they said Saints gave up there two first round picks plus flip flopped second round picks...is that correct?

Has anyone heard anything on Weathersby's chances this weekend? Feel so bad for him...and not that there's any good time to be shot in the back, but this timing couldn't be worse.

Cards can now get good quality at WR, QB, and DE all of which they are in desparate need. They now have 3 picks in the first 37, so a good move overall.
They also switched 2nd rounder so 'Zona's at 54 now.

Good move for Arizona, but Saints get a whack with the stupid stick!Edited to add I think if Minn doesn't trade they should take Trufant here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta be. But why on earth wouldn't the saints go for Trufant?
I think that, while young corners always have the terrific measurables, there's always a veteran available to fill the spot. Just look at free agency this year. Tyrone Robertson, Al Harris(trade), Denard Walker, Tory James, and Dre Bly (not a good example with his 6.5 million bonus) are all quality starters that signed with other teams (along with some other lower tier guys). Great defensive tackles are harder to come by. Sam Adams and Dary;l Gardener were on the market, but after that it wasn't very good, unless you wanted to overpay for a Montae Raegor type.

Does anyone have the actual details of the Arizona - Saints trade?I thought they said Saints gave up there two first round picks plus flip flopped second round picks...is that correct?
Yes

If NE took Sullivan, someone like Kevin Williams would be there at #17 for NO. Has Sullivan moved up that much this week?

Has anyone heard anything on Weathersby's chances this weekend? Feel so bad for him...and not that there's any good time to be shot in the back, but this timing couldn't be worse.
I remember Brook Berringer's tragedy 3 days before the draft. Definately worse! :eek:

That's what I heard:NO gets #6 and #37ARZ gets #17, #18 and #54By the way - does anyone know where one of those draft pick trade formulas could be located? I'd like to see if these trades today make sense in the statisical sense.

Users who are viewing this thread