What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Free For Fools Fantasy Football Draft (1 Viewer)

should we just find someone else instead of drafting for him?

also post 10 is updated.  you can click on the drafters name and it will take you to their profile so you can see if they are online and can also pm them easily.
I stole your format to put in the first post.Good work!

ETA- If you've got someone in mind for his spot, let us know. I'm fine with replacing him if he doesn't show up for this pick.
thanks. pmed andy dufresne who said he may be interested if we needed someone last minute.

also post 10 is updated. you can click on the drafters name and it will take you to their profile so you can see if they are online and can also pm them easily.
you da man!

also post 10 is updated.  you can click on the drafters name and it will take you to their profile so you can see if they are online and can also pm them easily.
I stole your format to put in the first post.Good work!

ETA- If you've got someone in mind for his spot, let us know. I'm fine with replacing him if he doesn't show up for this pick.
thanks. pmed andy dufresne who said he may be interested if we needed someone last minute.
Thats cool with me.ETA:

Tell him he's got 10 minutes to get ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fiddles contacted me and asked if I'd like to play.

I would, if you're all cool with that.

Just two questions:

a) Roster requirements and b) ppr or not. (Or just shoot me a link to the league)

Fiddles contacted me and asked if I'd like to play.

I would, if you're all cool with that.
We're giving a guy 10 more minutes to show up.Assuming he doesn't make it, you will then be on the clock.

Just two questions:

a) Roster requirements and b) ppr or not.
QBWR,WR,WR

RB,RB

WR/RB

TE

K

Def

7 bench spot

No PPR.

6 points all tds

1:10 rush/rec 1:25 passing
No PPR. :sadbanana: (This really skews the LJ and SAlex picks, but oh well)6 points all tds :pickle:

Andy, assuming this guy doesn't show, I'll have you register for the league after you make your pick.

Its a Yahoo! free league.

ID: 10562

Password: HULK

Alright Andy, its you, go ahead and pick.

1.1 - Larry Johnson, Chiefs, yellowdog

1.2 - Shaun Alexander, Seahawks, (HULK)

1.3 - LT, Chargers, Sofa King Money

1.4 - Portis, Redskins, steviey

1.5 - Tiki Baber, Giants, Three Putts - Jaysus

Just two questions:

QBWR,WR,WR

RB,RB

WR/RB

TE

K

Def

7 bench spot

No PPR.

6 points all tds

Agreed on AD's no ppr sentiments :sadbanana: - let's include this as part of the scoring before we get too far into this...1pt would be my preference but I'd settle for even .5

Alright Andy, its you, go ahead and pick.

1.1 - Larry Johnson, Chiefs, yellowdog

1.2 - Shaun Alexander, Seahawks, (HULK)

1.3 - LT, Chargers, Sofa King Money

1.4 - Portis, Redskins, steviey

1.5 - Tiki Baber, Giants, Three Putts - Jaysus
1.6 - Steven Jackson, Rams, TBD - Andy DI wasn't that high on him last year, but I like him a lot this. In no small part due to the fact that Mike Martz coaches elsewhere.

Just two questions:

QBWR,WR,WR

RB,RB

WR/RB

TE

K

Def

7 bench spot

No PPR.

6 points all tds

Agreed on the no ppr sentiments...let's include this as part of the scoring before we get too far into this...1pt would be my preference but I'd settle for even .5
I'm hesitant to do this, as I would've drafted differently, and I'm probably not the only one.

Just two questions:

QBWR,WR,WR

RB,RB

WR/RB

TE

K

Def

7 bench spot

No PPR.

6 points all tds

Agreed on the no ppr sentiments...let's include this as part of the scoring before we get too far into this...1pt would be my preference but I'd settle for even .5
I'm hesitant to do this, as I would've drafted differently, and I'm probably not the only one.
We aren't too far and could easily start over. I know I'm the newcomer, but I really do think that's the way to go. I've commished a few leagues over the last few years, with and without PPR and I think having it makes for a much more balanced draft.If not, I'm not going to complain, as it's a) free, b) I don't know any of you, and c) I'll still win anyway :boxing:

Andy, assuming this guy doesn't show, I'll have you register for the league after you make your pick.

Okay Andy, the spot is clear, sign up please.

If no one who has drafted thus far minds, we can change it to .5 points per reception.

I would've taken LT in this format, but really, I don't think I'm too worried about it so I wouldn't mind changing.

Those of you who want the PPR, you're in charge of PMing those guys and seeing if they mind.

ETA-

1.1 - Larry Johnson, Chiefs, yellowdog - unknown

1.2 - Shaun Alexander, Seahawks, (HULK) - ambivalent

1.3 - LT, Chargers, Sofa King Money - wants PPR

1.4 - Portis, Redskins, steviey - unknown

1.5 - Tiki Baber, Giants, Three Putts - Jaysus - unknown

1.6 - Steven Jackson, Rams, TBD - Andy D - wants PPR

Broncofan is on the clock.

Pick due at 1:11 eastern

ETA- ANDY, we're PMing the person picking next after we make a pick. You can find the draft order and a link to their members page in the first post.

If no one who has drafted thus far minds, we can change it to .5 points per reception.

I would've taken LT in this format, but really, I don't think I'm too worried about it so I wouldn't mind changing.

Those of you who want the PPR, you're in charge of PMing those guys and seeing if they mind.

I don't think much would change in this first 6 picks anyway but I'll trade you LT for SA if you want...

I want decimal scoring.

:popcorn:
I hope you're kidding.I wish people had spoken up about PPR last friday or over the weekend.
Yes, obviously kidding. Decimal scoring is better and the only time it makes sense not to use it is if you're keeping score yourselves/by hand. Obviously not important and just me :fishing: though.

How do Jaysus, yellowdog, and steviey feel about switching to 1/2 point per reception?

They're the only one's who've drafted that we haven't heard from.

In case you missed this tidbit in the PPR discussion

I have a problem with changing the scoring after the fact, no matter what it is. I say we keep it as HULK set it up.

In case you missed this tidbit in the PPR discussion
Did anyone else have trouble? I'm getting this:
There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)

The password is incorrect. (Error #109)

The league is not in pre-draft mode. (Error #209)

Just two questions:

QBWR,WR,WR

RB,RB

WR/RB

TE

K

Def

7 bench spot

No PPR.

6 points all tds

We aren't too far and could easily start over. I know I'm the newcomer, but I really do think that's the way to go. I've commished a few leagues over the last few years, with and without PPR and I think having it makes for a much more balanced draft.If not, I'm not going to complain, as it's a) free, b) I don't know any of you, and c) I'll still win anyway :boxing:
I'ld be cool with this also...ETA: Except for the Andy winning part of course. :P

I have a problem with changing the scoring after the fact, no matter what it is. I say we keep it as HULK set it up.
Well, thats it.I wasn't going to make it PPR unless it was unanimous.

We'll just keep it as is.

Well, thats it.I wasn't going to make it PPR unless it was unanimous .

Kind of a strict standard. :o It will be tough to ever get everyone to agree on anything. How about a 2/3 majority? :shrug:

Well, thats it.I wasn't going to make it PPR unless it was unanimous .

Kind of a strict standard. :o It will be tough to ever get everyone to agree on anything. How about a 2/3 majority? :shrug:
Unanimous for those that have already drafted.You can't alter it if they're not cool with it. It would be unfair to them.

You can't alter it if they're not cool with it. It would be unfair to them.
True, but I can't see yellowdog taking anyone but Johnson with that #1.But, enough stink, if you think we should leave it as is, let it be so.

You can't alter it if they're not cool with it.  It would be unfair to them.
True, but I can't see yellowdog taking anyone but Johnson with that #1.But, enough stink, if you think we should leave it as is, let it be so.
So let it be spoken - So let it be written - So let it be done! :banned:

How do Jaysus, yellowdog, and steviey feel about switching to 1/2 point per reception?

I'd prefer not to change things now that we've started... but I really don't care - it's all for fun anyway.

broncofan13000 seems to be mostly a night poster.

I'll give him a few more minutes and then pick on his behalf.

ETA, who does the draft dominator have as the next pick?

I'd prefer not to change things now that we've started... but I really don't care - it's all for fun anyway.
We're staying as is. No worries.

I would either give him yahoo's #1 guy - Manning or

FBG adp #1 - Edge

Considering we are drafting at fbg, i would go with that.
I agree with Manning.But since we're not going PPR and it's TD only, I'd be inclined to give him Rudi.

I would either give him yahoo's #1 guy - Manning or

FBG adp #1 - Edge

Considering we are drafting at fbg, i would go with that.
I agree with Manning.But since we're not going PPR and it's TD only, I'd be inclined to give him Rudi.
I think having a set rankings we take from is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread