What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Online Auction Draft Software (1 Viewer)

Zasada

Footballguy
We currently use RTSports to host our league, but they have no capability to host an online auction draft, unfortunately. In prior years I (the commish) have required that everybody be in physical attendance to participate in the auction.

This year we seem to be passing the point where enough owners have moved away that this is no longer realistic. Does anyone know of any software that can handle an auction draft over the internet?

We don't want to change league services since RTSports has all of our league history for the last few years and all the owners are used to it. Just some kind of standalone product would probably be best. Or even another (cheap/free) league service that would let us do the draft and print the results.

Thanks,

Z

Last edited by a moderator:
We currently use RTSports to host our league, but they have no capability to host an online auction draft, unfortunately. I prior years I (the commish) have required that everybody be in physical attendance to participate in the auction.

This year we seem to be passing the point where enough owners have moved away that this is no longer realistic. Does anyone know of any software that can handle an auction draft over the internet?

We don't want to change league services since RTSports has all of our league history for the last few years and all the owners are used to it.

Thanks,

Z
try Commish Fantasy football. They offer up a pretty good auction draft engine.

Xpert Sports League's have an online auction functionality. 

Also host Survivor Games, Mock Drafts and more.

Xpert Sports
We just had ours. Myfantasyleague.com :thumbup:
While looking at the league setup page, I saw these options for draft type:On-line, email draft, taking several days/weeks to complete.

On-line, live draft that happens all at once, taking a matter of hours to complete, using the "classic" myfantasyleague.com interface.

Off-line, live draft that happens all at once, taking a matter of hours to complete, using FFLM.

On-line, email auction, taking several days/weeks to complete.

None of the above - commissioner will use the Load/Unload Rosters option to load franchise rosters.

Rosters are not used - instead, this league is a contest-type league, whereby an owner can start any NFL player times per season.

Where is the online live (not email) auction draft option? Is that selected after the "on-line, live draft that happens all at once..."?

Xpert Sports
While looking at the league setup page, I saw these options for draft type:On-line, email draft, taking several days/weeks to complete.

On-line, live draft that happens all at once, taking a matter of hours to complete, using the "classic" myfantasyleague.com interface.

Off-line, live draft that happens all at once, taking a matter of hours to complete, using FFLM.

None of the above - commissioner will use the Load/Unload Rosters option to load franchise rosters.

Rosters are not used - instead, this league is a contest-type league, whereby an owner can start any NFL player times per season.

Where is the online live (not email) auction draft option? Is that selected after the "on-line, live draft that happens all at once..."?
what they call e-mail auction means that the league get's an e-mail when a player is won - not you bid by e-mail. This threw me as well. I've done auctions on MFL for three years and they have only gotten better.

Xpert Sports

what they call e-mail auction means that the league get's an e-mail when a player is won - not you bid by e-mail. This threw me as well. I've done auctions on MFL for three years and they have only gotten better.
I still don't get it. Maybe I'm as dumb as a bag of bricks though. Is the bidding process live online and do all participants get to see the bids as they are put in? Or is it blind bidding?

Xpert Sports

I still don't get it. Maybe I'm as dumb as a bag of bricks though. Is the bidding process live online and do all participants get to see the bids as they are put in? Or is it blind bidding?
On the auction board there is a bunch of players - next to each of them is the current highest bud and a box in which yoou can put your bid. type, press enter. Ususally there is a timer soa player that has not been bid on in x hours will be won bywhoever placed the last bid.

Users who are viewing this thread