Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hamster_13

I tried to commit suicide thursday

You're only 21?! Have you considered playing video games or something low key that doesn't erase your bank account? If you lose, you can simply smash the controller on the ground like the rest of us.

:goodposting:

gdb replacing controllers every 2-3 months :hot:

If he would have committed suicide, then wouldn't his parents get stuck with the credit card debt? This is a serious question, not fishing.

Another serious question - can you be charged criminally for attempting suicide in your state?

If he would have committed suicide, then wouldn't his parents get stuck with the credit card debt? This is a serious question, not fishing.

Not unless they are on the account as cosigners.

Sorry Jodie that I wasted a year of your life, I’ll always love you no matter what. I’ve always forgiven everything you have ever done, and still do and would. Your 98 bucks from last week is in the envelope on my computer desk. I also put the $2.50 chip I brought you from Blackhawk because it was pink. I am sorry for everything I have ever done to you to cause you to leave me. Sorry I ever talked to heather, sorry I can’t get along with your family, and sorry I am not good at anything and could never make you smile or laugh or even make you be happy. Sorry I wasn’t a good kisser. Sorry for pulling over I guess, all it caused was a huge waste of time for you.

Sounds like you're better off without her anyway. Forget about her, and get some help.

If you didn't care about your family/friends, you wouldn't have bothered to leave a note. So you care about them, or you are just wanting them to show you attention. For you to kill yourself would result in your debt going to your family most likely. Is that what you want? Something to think about.

I hope you choose to work on your debt and learn a valuable lesson in life. Like I said, your life is in front of you.. you can make it whatever you want.

Nobody think this was their fault, I just can’t do anything right anymore and it will be easier for everybody without me.

The main person it'd be easier for is you. You still owe a lot of people a lot of money, and could contribute positively in their lives if you put some work into it. Suicide is taking the easy way out, and it leaves a lot of pain (and in your case debt) behind for other people to deal with. It's a selfish thing to do, and if you truly loved your loved ones, you'd do what it takes to get help with your problem, and work very hard to overcome the debt you've built up.

Very :goodposting:

Father forgive me for I know not what I do

I tried everything, but I'll leave it up to you

I don't want to live, I don't know why

I don't have no reasons, I just want to die

I'm a suicidal failure, I've got to get some help

I have suicidal tendencies, but I can't kill myself

I'm tired of this way of life, my patience has expired

I'm barely just 19, but my life I will retire

I went down to a rifle store, I bought myself a gun

I pointed it at my head, but I couldn't get the job done

I took all my mothers sleeping pills

I jumped off a freeway bridge

I drank three kinds of poison

And drove my car off a ridge

I beat myself with a bat

Put a noose around my head

I overdosed on heroin

But I'm still not dead

Death may not be the answer, it can't be all that great

But me I'm not into living, with life I can't relate

By some masochistic reasoning, I think that it will be fun

I want to start my second life now

So shoot me with your gun

Hey man, if you're serious and not fishing, please ignore those out to make fun and/or prove you are lying.

If you are fishing, I hope you realize this is the least cool fishing trip ever.

To be honest with you, I think you tried taking the easy way out.

Take some responsibility for yourself. All of your debt is your fault. Whether it's the lawyer's fee's for your criminal past or the 4Runner debt, it's all on you. And, if it helps any, I think everyone in their early 20's has had some sort of debt.

So, killing yourself is easy. The hard part now is paying all that back and getting your life back on track.

Do you really want to take the easy road and be a #####?

In this thread, there is a lot of dotted lines under names, and then upon refreshing the dotted lines are gone yet there is no post.

I think most people are second guessing what they are about to post.

Call me naive, but I'm buying this.

Then he shouldn't even be considering suicide. He's young, single, in some sort of environment where he has things like access to the ffa (so I'm assuming access to food, shelter, relative safety, ect.).

Not trying to be a #### but that's the facts fishing or not and it's proboably fishing. The stuff w/ the girl (trust me I'm legal, sorry for being a bad kisser, ect.) and the black jack play by play suicide note saved in the computer just push it over the edge. I took it serious in the beginning too and if it is serious he can ignore this as I've already given a serious reply.

Then he shouldn't even be considering suicide.

Well, I totally agree with this. Suicide is very rarely the correct answer. However, people in much better situations than his alleged situation have done it and succeeded.

Then he shouldn't even be considering suicide. He's young, single, in some sort of environment where he has things like access to the ffa (so I'm assuming access to food, shelter, relative safety, ect.).

Depressed people have an irrationally pessimistic view of their life. That doesn't mean he's fishing.

I understand depression is hard, but try to think of all the amazing experiences you have had, and those you can still have.

The thrill of winning, the thrill of getting the girl, reading a good book, seeing a good movie, eating a delicious meal, palying with your cat, dog, a child's laughter. Seeing your friends and family, being able to travel and see the world, meet new people.

Find the little things that make you a little bit happier.

Things like that you can't have anymore once your life is over, no one knows what happens after, no point in rushing the inevitable.

I don't know if this whole thing is BS, but it's hard to place yourself in someone else's situation.

Depressed people have an irrationally pessimistic view of their life.

:yes:

This is why people miss the point completely when they call suicide "selfish" or "an easy way out."

Your 30k debt is nothing, especially at 21. Sure it seems like a lot now, but you'll look back someday and realize how insignifigant it is. Your biggest finanical problem is your gambling addiction, not your 30k debt.

Stop what you're doing right now and walk back into that hospital and get help. An $8 an hour job isn't worth the risk you're taking by not having professional help, get another job when you're better if it has to come to that. Besides, your manager cared enough to save you so I'm thinking he'll be pretty understanding. You also need to seek out help for the gambling addiction before it drives you further into depression and becomes a real financial problem.

Don't read any more of this thread, don't wory about your job, don't worry if you rack up more debt in medical bills, just go to a professional and take the time to get yourself better. The rest will work itself out a lot easier than you think.

If it is fishing, I give him credit for the effort. He could have made suicide letter really short.

GL man. I hope this works out for you.

Guys....I am 99% sure he isn't fishing. He's posted about his problems before (felony conviction, gambling problem). I'm thinking the last thing you want to tell a suicidal person is "I don't believe you".

Hamster, I think you're very fortunate to still be alive and you need to get your life in order quickly. To be blunt, you need to grow up. None of your problems (dumped by g/f, gambling debts, criminal record) are show stoppers from living a happy and successful life.

I think posts about attempted suicide don't need to be judged whether or not someone is trying new shtick or not. I think treating it as the real deal is the only option here. If it is shtick, worse case scenario is someone made a lame atempt at humor and you bought it. If it's real

then all this guessing whether it's legit or not isn't really helping.

Hamster, good luck. Seriously, your "problems" are temporary and all can be overcome. It will get better, it always does.

Well, I totally agree with this. Suicide is very rarely the correct answer. However, people in much better situations than his alleged situation have done it and succeeded.

I'll bite, when is it the correct answer?

Terminal illness, to ease suffering.

I think posts about attempted suicide don't need to be judged whether or not someone is trying new shtick or not. I think treating it as the real deal is the only option here. If it is shtick, worse case scenario is someone made a lame atempt at humor and you bought it. If it's real

Hamster, good luck. Seriously, your "problems" are temporary and all can be overcome. It will get better, it always does.

Terminal illness, to ease suffering.

This is where I was going with that.

If I was you, this would cheer me up:

You are 21, newly single, and can have sex with a whole lot of young ladies (doesn't cost $$$)!

Just trying to help.

Good luck hamster. I sincerely hope things get better there. Hang in there. Sounds like you have people around that care about you. That's a huge start and something to hang onto.

J

You are 21, newly single, and can have sex with a whole lot of young ladies (doesn't cost $$$)!

Just trying to help.

Yes, but now you've made me depressed. :(

Guest Cunning Linguist

When I was his age I was seriosly depressed, on meds, the whole schmeil. Started cutting myself in places no one could see just to release a little. I know where this guy has been. He wants to commit suicide not because he has no hope, but becaue he feels guilty for the lies he has told to the ones he cares about.

Now think about the guilt involved when you are ideating/actuating suicide. Way too much. He won't do it, nor should he.

You've tried life the easy way (stealing, gambling, running up debts, not working, etc.) and it ain't working.

Try life the hard way - working every day to pay off debts, being honest with your family, friends, and employer, and see if it's more fulfilling. After you've cleaned yourself up, become dependable and self sufficient, and don't owe anyone a dime, see if your prespective changes.

Suicide at this point is the easy way out - for once don't take the easy way.

This is why people miss the point completely when they call suicide "selfish" or "an easy way out."

SOME of these people are so immersed in their own depression they assume that nobody else has it as bad as they do. "It's all about me, I can't (or won't) continue." I know families where one parent succeeded at taking their own life. Mental illness doesnt excuse selfishness. Explain to a child that "daddy didnt think seeing them grow up was reason enough to live" without saying his sickness made him selfish.

Just trying to help.

Yes, but now you've made me depressed. :(

No funeral...

Guest Cunning Linguist

SOME of these people are so immersed in their own depression they assume that nobody else has it as bad as they do. "It's all about me, I can't (or won't) continue." I know families where one parent succeeded at taking their own life. Mental illness doesnt excuse selfishness. Explain to a child that "daddy didnt think seeing them grow up was reason enough to live" without saying his sickness made him selfish.

LOL so true. The song/band that snapped me out of it was Suicidal Tendencies "No Monopoly on Sorrow".

There’s a cold wind in the winter of my mind

A season that lasts through all changes in time

I try so hard sometimes

I wish there was a raincheck on tomorrow

Not ready to deal with what I don’t wanna find

Struggling along, just to hold on

I just wanna know why is it me

In a tear there is a message frome heart

Detached frome good it’s the hope gone astray

I cry so hard sometimes

Too scared to think what will bring tomorrow

Already much more than I can handle today

I can’t breathe, suffocate as i'm buried by hate

And so sadly I learn there’s no justice to fate

Losing the race with thoughts out of place

You ain’t got a monopoly on sorrow

You know plenty has made it my way

You ain’t got a monopoly on sorrow

There’s plenty that feel just the same

There’s a pain so insane that I fight but can’t tame

And my mind battles on as my body lies lame

I can’7t feel the feel but it feels like it hurts

I can’t feel the feel but it feels like it hurts

I can’t feel the feel but it feels like it hurts

Hurts hurts

And I know that I know I don’t know if I know if

It just would stay clear then I’d see and I’d go

I just wanna know why it’s me

Ain’t got a monopoly on sorrow

You, you, you ain’t got no no, you ain’t got no no

You ain’t got no no, you ain’t got no no

There’s no monopoly on sorrow

No monopoly on sorrow

No monopoly on sorrow

No monopoly on sorrow no no

You ain’t got no no no, you ain’t got no no no

You ain7t got no no no, you ain’t got no no no

No monopoly on sorrow

Monopoly on sorrow

Monopoly on sorrow

No no no no no

Yo ain’t got no, no no no no

You ain’t got no, no no no no

You ain't got no, no no no no

You ain't got no monopoly on sorrow

When I was his age I was seriosly depressed, on meds, the whole schmeil. Started cutting myself in places no one could see just to release a little. I know where this guy has been. He wants to commit suicide not because he has no hope, but becaue he feels guilty for the lies he has told to the ones he cares about.

Now think about the guilt involved when you are ideating/actuating suicide. Way too much. He won't do it, nor should he.

I think you're partly right, but as long as there is a hope, a person won't commit suicide.

It's when the person loses that last bit of hope that something will change, and things can get better, is when they end it.

If you're a child molester.

SOME of these people are so immersed in their own depression they assume that nobody else has it as bad as they do. "It's all about me, I can't (or won't) continue."  I know families where one parent succeeded at taking their own life. Mental illness doesnt excuse selfishness. Explain to a child that "daddy didnt think seeing them grow up was reason enough to live" without saying his sickness made him selfish.

You're completely missing the point. Depression causes people to think irrationally. It has nothing to do with being selfish. In their own head, their life is so devoid of meaning that the option to kill themselves may seem like the only solution to end their suffering. They cannot think about it logically like you are trying to do.

And hamster, you need to realize that you can turn things around. Professional help is what you need now, and counseling combined with medication can turn it around. I know a person who had similar problems as you and he was able to turn things around. (I was the one who called to cops on him during his suicide attempt and was also the one who picked him up from the hospital 4 days later).

Suicide is nothing to joke about. He's going to need all the support he can get.

I believe hamster as I recall some of his earlier posts about his problems.

GL hamster, and get the help you need.

This misses the point again. You're applying rational judgments to an irrational disorder.

I, too, know a family where one parent succeeded in taking her own life. I grew up in one.

Any surviving father who would tell his child "mommy didnt think seeing you grow up was reason enough to live" is an idiot.

******************************NEWSFLASH************************

You probably are not depressed. You are probably manic. Since you have been prescribed medications, you have obviously seen a psychiatrist. If you have shared everything with him/her that you shared with us, you would have been diagnosed as Bipolar 2. Manic Depressive.

The only thing you didn't mention in here that "should" be there is risky sexual behaviors and possible drug use. You have everything else - family history foremost. KNOW that the gambling is a MAJOR indicator of manic behavior. As is the illegal activities you have found yourself involved in, the overly dramatic reaction to the girlfriend, and the other problems with money and indebtedness.

Prozac can actually TRIGGER a manic episode and lead you faster down the path you appear to have taken. It should NEVER be given to a manic depressive. You must go to a psychiatrist and be completely honest. Ask them to evaluate you and if they don't come up with bipolar 2, I will eat my hat.

How do I know all this? Well. Lets just say for now, that I too have a family history.

Guest Cunning Linguist

I believe hamster as I recall some of his earlier posts about his problems.

GL hamster, and get the help you need.

I believe he is ideating suicide, I just don't believe he is a completer.

Just trying to help.

this is a very :goodposting:

most of the FFA envies you for this option: " can have sex with a whole lot of young ladies"

GB not getting into debates on biblical translation with you. Never mind.

You are right. Suicide is painless :M*A*S*H*: and is the fault of everyone who didnt stop & help the selfless victim of depression ;)

Who is trying to place blame? Depression or some other mental state is usually to blame, not the family or friends.

Guys....I am 99% sure he isn't fishing. He's posted about his problems before (felony conviction, gambling problem). I'm thinking the last thing you want to tell a suicidal person is "I don't believe you".

Hamster, I think you're very fortunate to still be alive and you need to get your life in order quickly. To be blunt, you need to grow up. None of your problems (dumped by g/f, gambling debts, criminal record) are show stoppers from living a happy and successful life.

This is ALL stuff that willl be irrelevant in 2-4 years down the road. Sack up, get to work. Get out of the house... don't ever gamble again. Get out and get some fresh air and sunshine. Lay out by the pool.... go for a jog... a bike ride. Are you a phyiscally active person at all?

Sorry for pulling over I guess, all it caused was a huge waste of time for you.

What does this mean? Is that how you met?