What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2006 SSL-IV H-2-H pick thread (1 Viewer)

ravnzfan

Footballguy
OK guys...I gave the commish a couple hours to get his sh-*t together---let's get this puppy rolling

Round 1

1-Pimpin' Aint Easy--LJohnson(selection made in sign up thread)

2-Frank Black--LTomlinson

3-valence--SAlexander

4-Family Matters--TBarber

5-grouse--EJames

6-Shadowmaster--CPortis

7-Jeff Pasquino--LJordan

8-Twilight--SJackson

9-Chaz--RBrown

10-radballs--BWestbrook

11-Capt Hook--RJohnson

12-ravnzfan--AGates

13-rzrback77--CWilliams

14-Team Legacy--SSmith

Round 2

1-Team Legacy--CJohnson

2-rzrback77--DDavis

3-ravnzfan--LFitzgerald

4-Capt Hook--THolt

5-radballs--TOwens

6-Chaz--KJones

7-Twilight--RMoss

8-Jeff Pasquino--ABoldin

9-Shadowmaster--PManning

10-grouse--WParker

11-Family Matters--MHarrison

12-valence--RDroughns

13-Frank Black--JJones

14-Pimpin' Ain't Easy--WMcGahee

Round 3

1-Pimpin' Ain't Easy--JShockey

2-Frank Black--DJackson

3-valence--RBush

4-Family Matters--DFoster

5-grouse--JLewis

6-Shadowmaster--CTaylor

7-Jeff Pasquino--CChambers

8-Twilight--WDunn

9-Chaz--RWayne

10-radballs--DDriver

11-Capt Hook--HWard

12-ravnzfan--TJones

13-razor77--Gonzo

14-Team Legacy--TBell

Round 4

1-Team Legacy--DMcAllister

2-razor77--Roy Williams

3-ravnzfan--PBurress

4-Capt Hook--THeap

5-radballs--DMason

6-Chaz--SMoss

7-Twilight--AJphnson

8-Jeff Pasquino--TBrady

9-Shadowmaster--JWalker

10-grouse--DBranch

11-Family Matters--CBenson

12-valence--TJHoushmandzadeh

13-Frank Black--CDillon

14-PAE--JHorn

Round 5

1-PAE--JGalloway

2-Frank Black--RSmith

3-valence--EKennison

4-Family Matters--CPalmer

5-grouse--DMcNabb

6-shadow--MHasselback

7-Jeff Pasquino--Addai

8-Twilight--EManning

9-Chaz--RDayne

10-radballs--ACrumpler

11-CHook--DRhodes

12-ravnzfan--MMuhammed

13-razor77--DBledsoe

14-TLeagacy--LColes

Round 6

1-TLegacy--MBulger

2-razor77--AGreen

3-ravnzfan--FGore

4-CHook--FTaylor

5-radballs--CBrown

6-chaz--JPlummer

7-Twilight--MJones

8-Jeff Pasquino--RMcMichael

9-Shadow--JWitten

10-grouse--LEvans

11-FM--TGlenn

12-valence--IBruce

13-FBlack--JDelhomme

14-PAE--MVick

Round 7

1-RBrown

2-FBlack--CCooley

3-valence--LJSmith

4-FM--BWatson

5-grouse--DStallworth

6-Shadow--KMcCardell

7-Jeff--Key Johnson

8-Twilight--LMaroney

9-chaz--Mi Clayton

10-rad--ABrooks

11-Hook--MBarberIII

12-ravn--CPerry

13-razor--DBennett

14--TL--KWinslow

Round 8

1-TL--CMartin

2-razor--JPorter

3-ravn--KBarlow

4-Hook--TGlenn

5-rad--D'AWilliams

6-chaz--KWarner

7-Twilight--VDavis

8-Jeff--LWhite

9-Shadow--MMoore

10-grouse--ABryant

11-FM--KRobinson

12-valence--JJurevicious

13-Frank--IBruce

14-PAE-NBurleson

Round 9

1-PAE--DCulpepper

2-Frank--KCurtis

3-valence--MkClayton

4-FM--JStevens

5-grouse--SParker

6-Shadow--EWilford

7-Jeff--DGivens

8-Twi--HMiller

9-Chaz-BTroupe

10-rad--EMoulds

11-Hook--BEdwards

12-ravn--DBrees

13-razor-RWhite

14-TL--BRothlisburger

Round 10

1-TL--DClark

2-razor--Pitt-D

3-ravn--BLeftwich

4-Hook--JMcCareins

5-rad--MAnderson

6-chaz--BJacobs

7-Twilight--SMcNair

8-Jeff--JWiggins

9-Shadow--Car-D

10-grouse--DCarr

11-FM--PRiver

12-valence--MBrunell

13-Frank--ZHilton

14-PAE--?

Last edited by a moderator:
Valence had said in the other thread that he would take the remainder of the "Big Three." That would give him Alexander. I think it's safe for FM to pick.

1.3 SAlexander

for valence, per message in sign up thread

PM'd the commish, who is up in 2 leagues, for a total of 3 picks!

With the 1.4 pick Family Matters selects:

Tiki Barber-RB, NYG

Anyone surprised? Just not sold on Portis or any other at this point that would be better than a proven vet like Tiki in this format.

Ollie - please call my cell when you pick

TIA
np. However, I will be out most of the day starting in two hours. If you notice I'm up and can call me, please do so and will keep things rolling. :thumbup:

Hi guys.... back from the Gulf Coast and surprised but happy to take......

C.Portis RB WASH @ 1.6

Got my token 'cane too so I'm way ahead!

PM to Jeff

Totally forgot this started today.

Ok, well, this should surprise no one.

1.07 RB LaMont Jordan, OAK

about to PM Twilight, I think he's next. That is if his mailbox isn't full.

1.07  RB LaMont Jordan, OAK

about to PM Twilight, I think he's next.  That is if his mailbox isn't full.
the :wub: continues!actually, if a guy can "outperform" the 7 hole, Jordan just might in this format, as Brooks will urtilize his RB in the passing game...(Deuce McAllister had 115 receptions in '03/04, and was on pace for ~55 when hurt in '06)

1.07 RB LaMont Jordan, OAK

about to PM Twilight, I think he's next. That is if his mailbox isn't full.
the :wub: comtinues!actually, if a guy can "outperform" the 7 hole, Jordan just might in this format, as Brooks will urtilize his RB in the passing game...(Deuce McAllister had 115 reveptions in '03/04, and was on pace for ~55 when hurt in '06)
60-70 catches sound just fine to me.....

Twilight times out at 11:02, right? If I'm up later, I'll get my pick in.

Any volunteers to take my cell #? For the next couple of days and then again next week I will have no access during the day (I run an outdoor day camp in the summer). Still, I have no problems getting picks in over the phone and I will PM accordingly.

Twilight times out at 11:02, right? If I'm up later, I'll get my pick in.

Any volunteers to take my cell #? For the next couple of days and then again next week I will have no access during the day (I run an outdoor day camp in the summer). Still, I have no problems getting picks in over the phone and I will PM accordingly.
Chaz - you can PM or call me with your pick, but i do not think that the clock starts till tomorrow, so Twilight will not time out today. As I understand the clock begins at 8am tomorrow, so he would not time out till 4pm Monday.

Twilight times out at 11:02, right?  If I'm up later, I'll get my pick in.

Any volunteers to take my cell #?  For the next couple of days and then again next week I will have no access during the day (I run an outdoor day camp in the summer).  Still, I have no problems getting picks in over the phone and I will PM accordingly.
Chaz - you can PM or call me with your pick, but i do not think that the clock starts till tomorrow, so Twilight will not time out today. As I understand the clock begins at 8am tomorrow, so he would not time out till 4pm Monday.
Correct!

Didn't think we'd get this rolling until tommorow. But with this crew, I should have known. :doh:

1.08 Steven Jackson

Very confortable with him as my #1

Pick 1.9 Ronnie Brown

Will PM next and a couple of others with my cell #. I'll even try sending a list, though not easy so far ahead at this point.

anyone going to be around today, to take a PM?...the Mrs has me doing "honey do's" all day :ph34r:
ravnzfan - shoot it over to me, I will be around all dayAnyone else who needs help can do so also. If you can't make a list, PM me with a phone # and I can call when you are up (until 4 PM PDT when I will be in a draft for about 3 hours)

Just 7 AM on the left coast, so may be a few before rad is up and picking.

anyone going to be around today, to take a PM?...the Mrs has me doing "honey do's" all day  :ph34r:
ravnzfan - shoot it over to me, I will be around all dayAnyone else who needs help can do so also. If you can't make a list, PM me with a phone # and I can call when you are up (until 4 PM PDT when I will be in a draft for about 3 hours)

Just 7 AM on the left coast, so may be a few before rad is up and picking.
thanx for the offer, Hook...I think I'll use someone alittle further from my drafting position to send a list for 2 rounds! :boxing:

Well, I'm just back from a week in paradise. Hawaii was awesome and even though I am a sensible economic guy who prefers Hondas, I'm going to start this draft in style....

rzrback77 selects 1.13 Cadillac Williams

oh yeah, I'll PM TL, but got to check out to pick up a couple of weeks mail and grab a bite. Back shortly for my next pick.

I'm just gonna throw something out there with the caveat that I know nobody means any harm. But it's my opinion we should hold off on the deep analysis until 'after' the draft is completed. Again, I don't want to be a party-pooper, but I do think analyzing strategy in an 'open forum' so early in the draft may not be the best idea.

If nobody else cares, I won't. But I just thought I'd put this out there in case I'm not the only one who's thinking along these lines.

Carry on...

I'm just gonna throw something out there with the caveat that I know nobody means any harm. But it's my opinion we should hold off on the deep analysis until 'after' the draft is completed. Again, I don't want to be a party-pooper, but I do think analyzing strategy in an 'open forum' so early in the draft may not be the best idea.

If nobody else cares, I won't. But I just thought I'd put this out there in case I'm not the only one who's thinking along these lines.

Carry on...
I'm good with that. I've been in so many drafts already that the commentary doesn't affect what I'm planning on doing, but it may change the draft dynamics for others. I'll keep my big, fat trap shut.

I'm good with that.

However smacktalk such as "there must be a lot of sore shoulders in here, because everyone is reaching" is perfectly fine by me.

That said, I'll be intrigued to watch some of these teams develop.

Users who are viewing this thread