What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mock Auction @ FantasyAuctioneer (1 Viewer)

I've set up a private mock auction at Fantasy Auctioneer. Their software does a nice job of simulating a live auction.

I set this up primarily for FBG auction newbies as a way to get a feel for how it works. I certainly appreciate a few experienced auctioners coming along for the mock. It's tentatively scheduled for this Thursday night, but that's flexible.

Post in this thread if you're interested. I'll PM deatails all who respond. Hopefully we can fill it fast and go on Thursday. If not, let me know a good evening for you, or Sunday late afternoon always works for me.
I am in, just let me know where and when

I'm pleased with the interest. I didn't expect it.

The draft is currently scheduled for 7 pm PDT, that's 10 eastern. It seems to be the most workable time for including both coasts. I can change it if a given time works best for a full crew.

I'm pleased with the interest. I didn't expect it.

The draft is currently scheduled for 7 pm PDT, that's 10 eastern. It seems to be the most workable time for including both coasts. I can change it if a given time works best for a full crew.
I think I can do that.

:hey: Chaos Commish - I am good for that time/date as well, :thumbup: and with construx and rad in as well, temporarily hold three spots and let me see if the other MB auction team members want to do it - more for the site familiarity and workings. Of course this would as mentioned earlier require that you don't let staffers or their spies in the draft as well :pics:

:hey: Chaos Commish - I am good for that time/date as well, :thumbup: and with construx and rad in as well, temporarily hold three spots and let me see if the other MB auction team members want to do it - more for the site familiarity and workings. Of course this would as mentioned earlier require that you don't let staffers or their spies in the draft as well :pics:
:lol: Sorry Jeff. I'm sure there are plenty of spaces available. It wasn't my plan to set up a test run for the MB Auction team, but if it works out like that...

Come on man! I wanted to bid against Pasquino!!

Some specifics.

As mentioned the auction is scheduled to start at 7pm pacific, this Thursday, the 29th.

It's set up with a 15 second timer to start. Sounds fast. It will be lowered to 10 seconds once we get rolling.

It's set up for 12. The roster size is 17. Bank = $200.

I entered basic standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 8 bench.

This can be done in an hour and half. Just over two hours would be my guess.

I've sent the login and password to a couple of you. I may have messed up the "case" on the password, so I'm waiting for someone else to get in before sending everyone possibly flawed information.

If you all are willing to provide me with the scoring projections for the players you purchase at the auction and the actual auction price, I'd like to try some post-mortem analysis of the auction results which I will in return share back with the group.

I doubt I can make the Thursday evening time but I definitely want the data. Thanks in advance!

If you all are willing to provide me with the scoring projections for the players you purchase at the auction and the actual auction price, I'd like to try some post-mortem analysis of the auction results which I will in return share back with the group.

I doubt I can make the Thursday evening time but I definitely want the data. Thanks in advance!
I'm pretty sure you can access the league once it's complete. I'll link to it if so.

Is there a link to where we put in the league name and password? I'm having an awful time trying to find how you locate a private league. I've also been trying to do a practice mock with 11 other computer players and needless to say, I'm having a hell of a time with applet loading and the website either freezing up or not working at all. Anyone else having issues at all with this website? I want to have all the bugs worked out before the draft with the staff.

was interested if tonight but I'll be out of town thursday...oh well sorry CC maybe next time

Can't do it Thurs, plus at 12 teams w/17 players each and starting at 10 EST, will take me too long into the night anyway.....(PS I doubt that takes only 90 mins).

But FYI to anyone interested I set one up for Weds night. I didn't put a bench exactly, but in essence I did in that I 'force' owners to draft a certain # of players at each position, which closely mirrors my league. It's 10-team, $100, pretty std scoring FYI. No password, sign up if ya want...

Is there a link to where we put in the league name and password? I'm having an awful time trying to find how you locate a private league. I've also been trying to do a practice mock with 11 other computer players and needless to say, I'm having a hell of a time with applet loading and the website either freezing up or not working at all. Anyone else having issues at all with this website? I want to have all the bugs worked out before the draft with the staff.
Yep, Construx is having the same issues. You should see "login and password" boxes under #5 on the homepage. Then just type in the info I PMd. If you don't see the boxes click "Go" next to your username and password atop the page. If that doesn't get you to the right page, we'll figure it out. Big Red's public league should be listed on the bottom of that page with three or four others. Don't fret the site. It is very well run, but getting it sorted out can initially be strange. Construx sent me a link and I had all kinds of wierd things going on. I couldn't find My Auctions (which you will need), and I couldn't find my leagues either. Wierd. I clicked "Go" and went right to the real homepage.Also, BigRed is probably right. I'm going to reduce this to 15 roster spots since it is primarily a mock. I would be willing to start it an hour earlier if that doesn't create problems, but I sense it will. BigRed, wish you could join us.

1) Once the league is setup and CC puts you in, it will show as upcoming draft with a link2) You have to turn off popup blocker or you will have big problems

Once you get past the problems it is fine

There aren't many people there to mock with in June

IN

1. Me

2. Evil Staff guy

3. Radballs maybe

4. Construx

5. Hook

This isn't a bad start for a Monday, but these things can be hard to fill. Any of you with the login and password, feel free to share with anyone you want to join us.

Okay, I figured the signing up part out. I'm still having some issues loading up the software but I'll get it worked out. Like I said in my PM Chaos, I'll do my best to stay in the mock as long as I can but I may have to bail after an hour or so. Feel free to bump me if you get more interest and you want someone who can commit for sure to the draft in its entirety.

In addition to accessing the final auction values, I'll also need the projected total points for the player from the particular owner who bought the player. I'm guessing this batch of owners can make their projections available....

Halfway there with all day tomorrow and then Thursday to try and finish it. I have a 7th with the info, but he hasn't joined yet. I have a standby who really doesn't want to do it, but will if we have 11 and he makes or breaks the mock.

Again, those of you with the login and pw, feel free to seek participants.

Anybody interested in this we have 5 certain openings for Thursday night.

Halfway there with all day tomorrow and then Thursday to try and finish it. I have a 7th with the info, but he hasn't joined yet. I have a standby who really doesn't want to do it, but will if we have 11 and he makes or breaks the mock.

Again, those of you with the login and pw, feel free to seek participants.

Anybody interested in this we have 5 certain openings for Thursday night.
At worst I think AI / computer can draft.

Sweet, got the PM and signed up. Tomorrow is thursday right? Since ive been on summer break the days of the week have melded together...

no can do but if you get up another one at FA.com let me know...probably would have to be weeknight around 9/10ish EST

We have 8 signed up.

We have four spots open.

I think we'll fill this. So bring your money.

Anybody Want In? Post in this thread.

I'm IN. What's the link?
you need to find the page that has "login and password" boxes, not to be confused with "user and password boxes". You should be able to go there by clicking "GO" atop the page. Then input the info I sent. The league will appear in "My Auctions" after that.

I'm out for about an hour. If you want in post here. We will fill, and I will go first come first serve from this thread. But when I get back, I will be seeking participants from a couple other sites and this will fill. I'd rather keep it here, so step right up, don't be shy.

3 SPOTS LEFT

Here are the 12 I see in the draft:

radballs - radballs Caveats - Caveat Emptor jeffeaglz - jeffeaglz ConstruxBoy - construxboy Liquid Tension - Liquid Tension Duck Soup - Duckboy Captain Hook - Captain Hook Usual Suspects - Usual21 beach city boofers - dmfeld22 ChampBailey24 - ChampBailey24Jacks Wild - jakanuer Team Wholesome Swimwear - Lehigh98

Any idea how long it wil take?
14 of us did 20 rounds in three hours last year. 12 of us should be able to do 15 rounds in just over two hours. Of course, I cannot estimate several factors. But, the following is my advice to make this run as smoothly (and quickly as possible). Please Read The Following

If you haven't tested the applet and your compatability, please do. If you have troubles with Mozilla, use IE and visa versa. Oddly, people seem to have better results using the browser they use the least. Ya got some junk in the one you use the most.

10-15 minutes before the auction starts, go to My Auctions. The column titled Join Auction which currently says Not Started, will have a join button activated. Use it and load the applet a little early. Showing up late and trying to jump in after we have started bidding "can" screw you up Not always, but sometimes. So get there early and join early and look around the applet a little. Be familiar with the tools.

Nothing slows an auction down more than nominating. 40 - 60 players will be purchased in 10 seconds tonight. The rest will take a little longer. You obviously need to be on your toes, especially early. Once a player is nominated, no bids for ten seconds buys him. At the end you will pick your kicker and own him for a buck in ten seconds (usually). A few kickers will go for more, but even a $5 dollar kicker can be purchased in 40 seconds or less. We nominate in serpentine fashion. To speed things up I go first and randomized the nominating order, SO YOU KNOW IN ADVANCE where you'll be.

1. Caveat (Me)

2. Duck Soup

3. Liquid Tension

4. Team Wholesome Swimwear

5. Jacks Wild

6. beach city boofers

7. Captain Hook

8. ConstruxBoy

9. jeffeaglz

10. radballs

11. Usual Suspects

12. ChampBailey24

So, I'll start the auction by nominating the first player. We'll bid for him. As soon as he times out, Duck Soup needs to quickly nominate the next player up for bid... and so on. You are allowed 45 seconds to nominate. If you use all 45 we will be there forever, the mock will disintegrate, and we will not finish. There is a queue for nominating. You can use it. It takes 15 - 20 seconds. The queue is safe, but it actually slows things down. If you're paying attention, you know you're next to nominate, you do so as soon as the previous player falls, then you can nominate in 2 seconds if you want. Seconds count in auctions when time is of the essence, like tonight. Remember, this is serpentine. So me and Champ will be nominating back to back like drafting on the corners. Nominating includes clicking a player name, clicking the select player button and making an opening bid. People always forget to bid, then they think the software has problems. This really is the key to a speedy auction. Be prepared when you're up to nominate and do so quickly, thanks. We'll all have our moments, even me, don't sweat the small stuff. No one's perfect, we'll all delay things a little here and there, but you'll be far more involved than any traditional draft you've ever done.

Bidding is the easy part. Computer glitches are the hard part. To bid just click "bid +1". This raises the stakes by a buck. Sometimes someone will click bid +1 before you did. Don't complain that the computer isn't taking your bids. Bids are first come first served. It's silly to bid the most valuable players one buck at a time, so you have the option to enter a bid greater than +1 in the box next to the +1 button. I will usually open a player for 50-70% of his value, but be smart about bidding too much too soon.

Good luck. See you all there tonight... a little early.

Please remember to send the total points you projected for the players you purchased to me at inca911 AT hotmail dotcom. In return, I'll be providing the post-auction analysis to all auction participants. Thanks!

Please remember to send the total points you projected for the players you purchased to me at inca911 AT hotmail dotcom. In return, I'll be providing the post-auction analysis to all auction participants. Thanks!
inca,Instead of collating everyone's projections for each player (which I think will be tough to do from a lot of the participants), why don't you just use the most recent FBG projections. I can guarantee you'll be lucky to get more than a 50% response rate. Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread