What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mock Auction @ FantasyAuctioneer (1 Viewer)

Please remember to send the total points you projected for the players you purchased to me at inca911 AT hotmail dotcom.  In return, I'll be providing the post-auction analysis to all auction participants.  Thanks!
inca,Instead of collating everyone's projections for each player (which I think will be tough to do from a lot of the participants), why don't you just use the most recent FBG projections. I can guarantee you'll be lucky to get more than a 50% response rate. Just my two cents.
That said, I will provide them to you but it will take me a day or two. Thanks for offering up your time to do this. :thumbup:

Sorry about all the problems I was having with the site. Was ANYONE else having any other issues with the site during the auction other than me? Just trying to get a feel for how widespread some of these problems were. Are there other sites out there that any of you have used that have worked better? TIA

Sorry about all the problems I was having with the site. Was ANYONE else having any other issues with the site during the auction other than me? Just trying to get a feel for how widespread some of these problems were. Are there other sites out there that any of you have used that have worked better? TIA
Ollie, I really think it was just you, GB.

Sorry for the troubles you were having.

-JP

Was alright for me. It was really laggy sometimes but it must've been because I often switched windows.

Was alright for me. It was really laggy sometimes but it must've been because I often switched windows.
My screen froze twice. Once with everyone during the Roy Williams for a buck thing. Once when Brees was up and I hosed Jeff out of a cheap QB. Other than that it went fine - typical.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll e-mail customer support tomorrow. Night fellas and thanks for putting it together Chaos. I hope you might be willing to do another one of these before July 10th.

I hope you might be willing to do another one of these before July 10th.
Absolutely. I'm not please with my roster. I crawled out of bed to have another look. It's growing on me, because I like Droughns and Dayne more than most, but I'll do a couple three more of these before August. I'll be out of town and mostly offline from the 2nd through the 6th, so the 8th or 9th works fine for me. That's the weekend, and as I mentioned awhile ago, Sunday afternoons are almost always good for me. Unfortunately, people are less reliable on weekends for this type of thing. Still that's the best I can do before the 10th, so I'll set it up. Sunday the 9th, 3 or 4 PDT... flexible and tentative for now.

BigRed may be able to commish one sooner. He got aced out of this one and talked some trash in PMs about it. Thinks we're chicken. :D

Hopefully my tentative time and date works for him.

Should be in; would prefer the 4 PDT time.

Took my computer forever to activate last night so I missed the first 2 auctions. Once I was in it worked ok, especially if I shut down most of the other windows. Roy Williams for a buck... :cry:

Spent on 1 too many receivers early - would have been nice to save 20-30 and get a better RB2, but Witten for 2 and a Favre/Roth QB combo for 3 helped a lot.

I think you guys are being far too kind to the site - I sent them a letter this morning via email and will be interested in their response. There should be NO way we use that site for the MB/Staff auction - a chat room doing it on our own would be better.

I didn't say much last night as we were just trying the site for learning and practice, but the inconsistency with which bids are taken is totally unacceptable unless people are just mocking around.

And the problems with the nominating of players is no small matter either.

All in all a waste of over two hours as far as I am concerned.

Heh...maybe we could use xpertsports next time? We could set up a survivor auction draft.
12 players nominated at a time over there. Think about that. I've done a couple dozen Xpert auctions. The slow ones are fine. The fast ones are hilarious, but not for serious leagues.

I think you guys are being far too kind to the site - I sent them a letter this morning via email and will be interested in their response. There should be NO way we use that site for the MB/Staff auction - a chat room doing it on our own would be better.

I didn't say much last night as we were just trying the site for learning and practice, but the inconsistency with which bids are taken is totally unacceptable unless people are just mocking around.

My online auction league uses Auctioneer and we love it. I'm befuddled by our inability to nominate timely last night. I had no problems. When I was slow twice, it was because once I was away, and once I was undecided. It didn't help that we had two on AI who failed set AI rankings, radball's difficulties (not his fault and props for his efforts), and one dunderhead making an occasional crazy bid. I've done two other mocks there with regulars. Both were smooth as butter. I was trying to push for my estimate of just over two hours, and maybe I should have slowed things down, but I didn't, (agreeing with those wanted to move it along). For the MB/Staff competition, I would expect everyone to set aside ample time and you guys to have a great time with a 15-20 second clock, instead of the 7-10 I had us on. I read Jeff's parting comments, "Way too fast." If you're determined to use DD to assist in a live auction, you're going to have your hands full. Perhaps, since Staff/MB is online you all should consider a slow auction that develops over a couple weeks. That can be done stress free at Auctioneer or Xperts. Live auctions are chaotic. I tabbed myself Chaos Commish because I wandered this way a couple years ago seeking DD advice on this topic in the Applications Forum.

Also last night was the first of four newbie auctions I've done that didn't include a hilarious chatroom and rave reviews in the post draft chat.

:shrug:

Hey....the draft yesterday was just fine. ONly lasted 2 hours...but obviously rad had a lot of problems with it...that's why I was trying to find other places.

It sounds like George is working on some issues with the Beta software and hopefully things get ironed out. I plan to do a couple suggestions that he had with the Java apps. In any case, I hope things can be worked out. It sounds like George is more confident in their servers if we were to wait until July 20th but I don't know if that's going to work with everyone else's schedule. Thanks for everyone's understanding while I went through those problems. :thumbup:

CC - a slow auction online is woefully oxymoronic - auctions are fast by their nature - at least from player to player.

And anyone who has to use DD for an auction is going to have HUGE problems.

Perhaps as George says, the new items put wrinkle into last night.

Hopefully the next auctions will not have those problems. At least they are hard at work trying to improve the site.

CC - a slow auction online is woefully oxymoronic - auctions are fast by their nature - at least from player to player.
Agreed. It was just a suggestion considering the Staff/MB stakes. Hate to see things tainted over speed issues...

An other bug. I DID win the Donald Driver auction for 22 bucks. He was in my roster and at the end I didn't have a buck left. Now I look at my roster and no Driver and 22$ left.

An other bug. I DID win the Donald Driver auction for 22 bucks. He was in my roster and at the end I didn't have a buck left. Now I look at my roster and no Driver and 22$ left.
No commish tools to fix it either. I'll contact them about this one.

No commish tools to fix it either. I'll contact them about this one.
Alright. Is this what you guys will use for the MB/Staff competition?

I'm running a test mock with 11 other computer players and it's running really smooth for me right now. Maybe George has already made some improvements.

My online auction league uses Auctioneer and we love it. I'm befuddled by our inability to nominate timely last night. I had no problems. When I was slow twice, it was because once I was away, and once I was undecided. It didn't help that we had two on AI who failed set AI rankings, radball's difficulties (not his fault and props for his efforts), and one dunderhead making an occasional crazy bid. I've done two other mocks there with regulars. Both were smooth as butter. I was trying to push for my estimate of just over two hours, and maybe I should have slowed things down, but I didn't, (agreeing with those wanted to move it along). For the MB/Staff competition, I would expect everyone to set aside ample time and you guys to have a great time with a 15-20 second clock, instead of the 7-10 I had us on. I read Jeff's parting comments, "Way too fast." If you're determined to use DD to assist in a live auction, you're going to have your hands full. Perhaps, since Staff/MB is online you all should consider a slow auction that develops over a couple weeks. That can be done stress free at Auctioneer or Xperts. Live auctions are chaotic. I tabbed myself Chaos Commish because I wandered this way a couple years ago seeking DD advice on this topic in the Applications Forum.

Also last night was the first of four newbie auctions I've done that didn't include a hilarious chatroom and rave reviews in the post draft chat.

:shrug:
1. Yes the bugs were a pain.2. A "scheduled break" would have been preferred.

3. Regarding "way too fast" - probably because of (1) the new interface and (2) working the DD at the same time kept me far too busy. I'm likely to abandon the DD for the next auction.

Overall still happy with my virtual team and I learned more for the next auctions, so it was worth the effort.

Good job fellas, and Radballs / Ollie, nice effort to try and stick it out. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread