What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2006 SSL-IV H2H commentary thread (1 Viewer)

For ravnzfan and Team Legacy - nothing personal - I'm just always wondering how a team will turn out when you don't go the convential RB in Round 1.

Gates will likely have another outstanding year, as he will be Philip Rivers' best friend all season long (with someone named LT2 as well). This will be reminiscent of Brees' first year where LT2 had has 100 catches. Short consistent offense as the QB grows and learns.
I met TL in the semi's and eeeeked out a 125-124 "W", and won the following week :eek:

bumping to guage intrest from the following members in good standing:

Family Matters--commish-year 1 champ

Ravnzfan--co-comish, defending champ--IN

Twilight--league mgm't co-ordinator

Grouse--

Jeff Pasquino

Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Valence

Frank Black

rzrback77

Capt Hook

ShadowMaster

Team Legacy

Chaz

radballs
InAlso fixed. I was the first year champ.

For ravnzfan and Team Legacy - nothing personal - I'm just always wondering how a team will turn out when you don't go the convential RB in Round 1.

Gates will likely have another outstanding year, as he will be Philip Rivers' best friend all season long (with someone named LT2 as well). This will be reminiscent of Brees' first year where LT2 had has 100 catches. Short consistent offense as the QB grows and learns.
I met TL in the semi's and eeeeked out a 125-124 "W", and won the following week :D

Family Matters--commish (2005 Champ)-IN

Ravnzfan--co-comish, (2006 & defending champ)--IN

Twilight--league mgm't co-ordinator-IN

Grouse-IN

Jeff Pasquino

Pimpin' Ain't Easy-IN

Valence

Frank Black

rzrback77-IN

Capt Hook-IN

ShadowMaster-IN

Team Legacy

Chaz

radballs-IN
So far 9 are in. Just need to hear from the rest. I sent PM's to them asking them to check in.

In 2005, I came in dead last. I told you that I would play for my honor last year and I made the playoffs last year, even though I lost first round. So, why stop there? I'm IN!

I'm sort of IN. The problem being that I will be out of the country from June 10-28 and will have limited/sporatic internet access. I understand if this is when the majority would like to do this. If this is the case, I would just like to be at the top of the list for next year.

In - depending on when we are drafting. I'm in Europe from May 27th - June 13th.

If we start anytime after that i'm in!

I met TL in the semi's and eeeeked out a 125-124 "W", and won the following week ;)

Family Matters--commish (2005 Champ)-IN

Ravnzfan--co-comish, (2006 & defending champ)--IN

Twilight--league mgm't co-ordinator-IN

Grouse-IN

Jeff Pasquino

Pimpin' Ain't Easy-IN

Valence-IN

Frank Black-IN

rzrback77-IN

Capt Hook-IN

ShadowMaster-IN

Team Legacy

Chaz-???Depends on when draft is.

radballs-IN
So far 11 are in for sure. Just need to hear from the rest. I sent PM's to them asking them to check in.
Updated

I'm sort of IN. The problem being that I will be out of the country from June 10-28 and will have limited/sporatic internet access. I understand if this is when the majority would like to do this. If this is the case, I would just like to be at the top of the list for next year.
Chad,I think we are likely starting/finishing this draft in June therefore making it impossible for you. That's when we've done the draft in the past. I think we should find someone to replace you.OTOH-it sounds exciting that you're going to be traveling. Hopefully you have a great trip.

I'm in and I want revenge! Out of town, so haven't been able to check in often.
welcome back, and take your best shot--I'm not going anywhere!w/TL confirmed back in for yet another disappointing finish, the only ??? are Chaz(might not be here for draft) and Jeff P, who I've PM'd regarding thispigskin pimp is Alt1, to cover Chaz if he's a scratchwe might need an Alt2, if Jeff is a scratch

Just a note about the comish for this league. I have been the comish for the first 2 years. Beginning this year, ravnzfan will be the comish. I know he will do a great job, better than I did, and I'm looking forward to getting my title back.

I'm in and I want revenge! Out of town, so haven't been able to check in often.
welcome back, and take your best shot--I'm not going anywhere!w/TL confirmed back in for yet another disappointing finish, the only ??? are Chaz(might not be here for draft) and Jeff P, who I've PM'd regarding thispigskin pimp is Alt1, to cover Chaz if he's a scratchwe might need an Alt2, if Jeff is a scratch
:ph34r: Alt 2 here :rolleyes:

sorry Chaz, we'll have to put you to the top of the list for next season buddy...we'll fire this draft up Monday, June 4th...8AM here in the Mock Draft Forum...regular SSL rules apply, as to roster (18), scoring and the like--only exception is we are a 14 team/2 division league

we'll look to Twilight to once again set us up on his program, keeping tabs on all things as it relates to website, schedule, weekly scoring and the like

unless there is a better suggestion for our name, "The Reunion" will be what we go by...you guys are certainly welcome to throw out some suggestions--this is your party, I'm merely along for the ride!

as for the leagues' owners roster, I'll post it to the new '07 thread, but basically it's everyone back w/the exception of Chaz and Jeff Pasquino, who will have the pigskin pimp and Mr Fiddles cover for them

as a reminder, we are a "for fee", not "for free" league...25 skins, due ASAP, so that we can kick this draft off on time

send the $25 (plus an extra buck, if you're so inclined, to cover the PP fees) to my PayPal addy:

stevemaher@comcast.net

PM me for street address info, if need be

as the draft approaches, I'll roll the dice for each of you and post to the new thread

...is it just me, or is this off season rolling by super-quick---I mean, c'mon, we're getting ready to draft a "redraft pay league!"

cheers! :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
if you HAVE to start June 4th you will have to take me out as well.

as stated earlier, I am out of the country until June 13th. If you could put off the start date for 10 days I'm in.

Otherwise, please put me at the top of the list for next year.

As I posted in the newer thread, I will be on vacation until June 12.

That said, I am still in, just will need my buddies here to draft my winning team for me - or call me.

But with valence's time issues as well I think we should just delay until all the current members can make it - we have plenty of time for the draft.

And now with Jeff out as well as Chaz, you need to fill the league first

As I posted in the newer thread, I will be on vacation until June 12.That said, I am still in, just will need my buddies here to draft my winning team for me - or call me.But with valence's time issues as well I think we should just delay until all the current members can make it - we have plenty of time for the draft.And now with Jeff out as well as Chaz, you need to fill the league first
Can we hold off 2 weeks? That would make the draft closer to where we've drafted the past 2 years.

Since were H2H and entering year 3 - lets minimize the turnover. I vote for waiting 2 weeks for everyone to vacation.

Have a nice trip guys

I gotta say I was shocked. It's not like this was a new challenge......- but an existing one. :ph34r:
If you guys had any idea how many requests I get - and I don't like to turn them down - you'd understand.While this was a great draft last year, one of the hardest - I really didn't pay much attention after that.I also have something cooking right now and I just cannot take this on. Sorry to have to make that decision.

I gotta say I was shocked. It's not like this was a new challenge......- but an existing one. :ph34r:
If you guys had any idea how many requests I get - and I don't like to turn them down - you'd understand.While this was a great draft last year, one of the hardest - I really didn't pay much attention after that.I also have something cooking right now and I just cannot take this on. Sorry to have to make that decision.
totally understand. don't worry about it. carry on with your cooking!

I gotta say I was shocked. It's not like this was a new challenge......- but an existing one. :thumbup:
You know I'm just bust'in your beak Jeff. Sorry you won't be back. But good luck in your other leagues. :thumbup: Oh and uh.........Bock! Bock! :(

Users who are viewing this thread