What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First time in Major League History... (1 Viewer)

Buddah

Dyslexic Anorexic
MLB Player of the Month: Joe Mauer, Minnesota Twins

MLB Pitcher of the Month: Johan Santana, Minnesota Twins

MLB Rookie of the Month: Francisco Liriano, Minnesota Twins

Not a bad way to go through the month of June. Just won their 10th in a row, 18 of 19 and 22 out of the last 24!

And we gained like 1.5 games on the Tigers and ChiSox. :thumbdown:

Not a bad way to go through the month of June. Just won their 10th in a row, 18 of 19 and 22 out of the last 24!

If the Twins keep going, the AL Central is gonna be a fun race to watch. At this point, you gotta think that the Tigers will fade sometime. I don't see the ChiSox fading, and with the two-headed monster at SP the Twins have plus the catcher version of Tony Gwynn, I don't see the Twins fading either.

what position do you play?

3B, but can fill in at SS or 2B. Played everywhere except 1B. You?

And we gained like 1.5 games on the Tigers and ChiSox.  :thumbdown:
If he's ever bought a single piece of Twins memorabilia, went to one of their baseball games, etc he helped pay the team's payroll. I think this qualifies him as part of the Twins organization if he so chooses to be affiliated. Even more so if he paid taxes to help fund the building of that baseball stadium.

If he's ever bought a single piece of Twins memorabilia,...
Well then, I think I might qualify....Twins Baseball Cards

Twins Memorabilia

Twins Memorabilia
Wait a minute....you're the guy with the Twins card website????? You get a serious :bow: from me.....AND you can say WE.......

Twins Memorabilia
Wait a minute....you're the guy with the Twins card website????? You get a serious :bow: from me.....AND you can say WE.......
Yeah, that's me. Thanks. Have a blast doing that site. Wish I had more time to dedicate to it. Appreciate the :bow: , wait til the site is finished....lots more cool stuff coming.

The problem for the Twins is that they are 7.5 games behind the White Sox and 10 games behind the Tigers. If they don't catch one of those two, they are not going anywhere in the post season.

If the White Sox only played .500 ball the rest of the way, they'd have 94 wins. The Twinkies would have to go 49-33 to tie. Seeing how the ChiSox have played at a .625 clip last year and this year, I think it's wishful thinking that the White Sox only play .500. The Twins would mosrelikely have to win 2 out of 3 the rest of the way to get in the playoffs.

If he's ever bought a single piece of Twins memorabilia, went to one of their baseball games, etc he helped pay the team's payroll. I think this qualifies him as part of the Twins organization if he so chooses to be affiliated. Even more so if he paid taxes to help fund the building of that baseball stadium.
If he didn't actually go to college there, then he's not a real fan.

The problem for the Twins is that they are 7.5 games behind the White Sox and 10 games behind the Tigers. If they don't catch one of those two, they are not going anywhere in the post season.

If the White Sox only played .500 ball the rest of the way, they'd have 94 wins. The Twinkies would have to go 49-33 to tie. Seeing how the ChiSox have played at a .625 clip last year and this year, I think it's wishful thinking that the White Sox only play .500. The Twins would mosrelikely have to win 2 out of 3 the rest of the way to get in the playoffs.
Agree entirely. I'm just happy to see them playing the way that I'd hoped. There is great reason to be excited about their future. Have to admit that I'm not up to date on contract situations and as a small market team, it will probably bite them in the backside, but I'm hoping to enjoy the ride for a few years at least.

If he didn't actually go to college there, then he's not a real fan.
Where? The Metrodome? I got drunk at Huberts, across the street from the Dome (and I was in college)....does that count?

Users who are viewing this thread