What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

C'mon parents....stopped with the EFFed up names.. (2 Viewers)

New group of Kindergartners this year (boy names are out of control):

Boys:

Kalonji

Emmett

Noland

Nash (School is near Nashville :X )

Cannon

Soren (2nd one in the school - have a 1st grader named Soren)

Ronin

Theodore (love it!)

Leeson???

North

Remington

Kowen

Girls:

Hartlyn

Hadley

Paisley

Ryann (of course pronounced Ryan)

Zaejenn (not ethnic)

Aizah

Laynie

LunaBlue (I #### you not)

My daughter just started pre-school.  There's 8 kids total in the class.  Three of them are girls named Adeline.  One is pronounced add-uh-lin and two are ad-uh-line.  After 5 minutes at orientation the teacher said "you'll be Addy H, you're Addy M, and you're Addy S" 

Kid's class has two Sawyer's - one boy and one girl.  My family has a bit of a history of names used for both - Lindsay (spelled the same way), and Marian/Marion

From a list of teenage players selected for a tryout camp in Michigan:

Zachary

Finnegan, and Nickita to boot.
not super common, but not uncommon- pretty standard names.

New group of Kindergartners this year (boy names are out of control):

Boys:

Kalonji

Soren (2nd one in the school - have a 1st grader named Soren)

Kowen

Girls:

Zaejenn (not ethnic)

Aizah
super kolonji blow cereal? curious to hear what the background of that one is.

soren- I think it's a common scandinavian name- I've known a few in my life.

I hope it's pronounced COW-in. 

eta: girls names... zigh-jenn? zay-jenn? sounds like they're on their way to being in a kung-fu tv remake. ah-ee-zah? I-zah? Ay-zah? A-I-Zee-and sometimes Ah?

Kid's class has two Sawyer's - one boy and one girl.  My family has a bit of a history of names used for both - Lindsay (spelled the same way), and Marian/Marion
are these ####ed up names, or common names... ? :confused:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Balls Mahoney would make a great legal name
If you guys don't watch Impractical Jokers on TruTV, you should.  They have a bit where they pretend to be receptionists at some focus group company and have to call out these effed-up names.  Some of them are hilarious and sound like a lot of these names, actually.  

Balls Mahoney sounds a lot like a name they'd have on their list.

This year isn't too bad on my rosters.  Strangest ones are

MaRye (female)

Chae (male, pronounced Shay)

Karsen (male, not too strange but the "K" bugs me)

Maxx (male, Other than the store name, TJ Maxx, I have not seen the double "x" before)

Mrs. Rannous said:
How is this pronounce?  Ma rye?  It's awful.  It doesn't even look pretty.

Walking Boot said:
I go for "Mayor" or "May Ree" 

The fact you have to guess at it is exactly why the parents should be slapped. Well, one of the reasons anyways.

p.s. Mariah?
It is actually pronounce like you might expect from the spelling.   Muh Ri (long i)    But she prefers to be called Ray.

My classes have some dandies this year.

Boys:

Theotrie

Atrehue

Atticus

Magness

Blaik

Girls:

Azalee

Emiko

Cayce

Aislinn

Beryl

Athena

It is actually pronounce like you might expect from the spelling.   Muh Ri (long i)    But she prefers to be called Ray.
Shocking. What parent thinks "Lets give our child a name they will NEVER use in their life because it is embarrassingly stupid?" Rhetorical question I guess since we already have an answer.

Kansas City Chiefs (practice squad)

WR Josh Crockett, WR Gehrig Dieter, T Ryan Hunter, DT Dee Liner, QB Chase Litton, LB Rob McCray, S Leon McQuay, C Jimmy Murray, DB Arrion Springs, DB D���Montre Wade

OH COME ON

Users who are viewing this thread