What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

C'mon parents....stopped with the EFFed up names.. (2 Viewers)

My wife is considereing "Gavin" as a middle name...what do y'all think?

edit to add: middle name for a boy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Some other kids I had as students this year. They would have been born around 1992-1994:

Ensley (f)

Raegan (f)

Skyler (m)

M'alyssa (f)

Cheltzei...sounds like "Chelsea" (f)

Kamrie (f)

Myrriah (f)

Cera (f)

Marley (f)

Dakota (m)

Calla...pronounce "Kayla" (f)

Kaelene (f)

Taryne (f)

Clemmie (f)

Ciarra (f)

Makenna (f)

Roxyann (f)

Kortnie (f)

Candyse (f)

Citalli (f)

Maci (f)

Teighlor (f)

Madyson (f)

Sierra (f)

Khayla (f)

Gehna...sounds like "Jenna"...get this...last name is Furr

Taking roll the first day of school is like code-breaking for the NSA.
Hmm.. I never knew TB taught in the 'hood. Who knew.

Some other kids I had as students this year. They would have been born around 1992-1994:

Ensley (f)

Raegan (f)

Skyler (m)

M'alyssa (f)

Kamrie (f)

Myrriah (f)

Cera (f)

Marley (f)

Dakota (m)

Kaelene (f)

Taryne (f)

Clemmie (f)

Ciarra (f)

Makenna (f)

Roxyann (f)

Kortnie (f)

Candyse (f)

Citalli (f)

Maci (f)

Teighlor (f)

Madyson (f)

Sierra (f)

Khayla (f)

by hood, do you mean soccer mom neighborhood? I think these names reak of yuppie.

Go with Clyde instead. You've got Clint Eastwood's monkey & our janitor friend. The only thing Gavin's have going for them is one is nailing Gwen Stefani (which in and of itself is outstanding, but he's pulling the weight for all other Gavins out there)

Go with Clyde instead. You've got Clint Eastwood's monkey & our janitor friend. The only thing Gavin's have going for them is one is nailing Gwen Stefani (which in and of itself is outstanding, but he's pulling the weight for all other Gavins out there)
my first choice of "johnelway" was shot down quite a while ago...

Ensley (f)

Raegan (f)

Skyler (m)

M'alyssa (f)

Kamrie (f)

Myrriah (f)

Cera (f)

Marley (f)

Dakota (m)

Kaelene (f)

Taryne (f)

Clemmie (f)

Ciarra (f)

Makenna (f)

Roxyann (f)

Kortnie (f)

Candyse (f)

Citalli (f)

Maci (f)

Teighlor (f)

Madyson (f)

Sierra (f)

Khayla (f)

by hood, do you mean soccer mom neighborhood? I think these names reak of yuppie.
While you're probably right, to me they reak of uneducated teenage mom's brought up on hip-hop and Wayans brothers movies.

So what are you saying? That people should stick to names in the Bible?
YES! Good old solid Bible names like Moses,Ezekial,Cain,Solomon,Una,Levi and Sampson. Maybe we can get an amendment passed that states "given names MUST come from the Bible and MUST be a male or female name ONLY". Like you couldn't name your son John James because that's 2 male names and 2 males can't go together. :bag:

To you, the names shout "LOOK AT ME....I'M BEING ORIGINAL!!!!

To everyone else it says "HOLY CRAP....THAT POOR KID!!!!

Names I've heard recently:

Duncan :X

Zander :X :X

Jefferson :X :X :X

Sailor :o

and todays effed up kids name.......

Parsons :X :X :X :X :X Parsons????....WTF????
Didn't Johnny Cash teach you anything?

I went to the bank the other day and the Teller's name was Lindsay. This Lindsay was a guy. That is all.

-4- You think men named Sue has it bad? Try being a Lindsay. :D
Being named Sue, made that fella tough!As for Lindsey/Lindsay - the only two men that come immediately to mind are Lindsey Nelson (famous sportscaster) and Lindsey Buckingham (famous Stevie Nicks lothario).

Justin Case...I swear to larryboy I'm not making this up. That's the kid's first and middle names.
I went to high school with one girl named Candy Cane and another named Candy Bahr. Candy had an older brother named Clark.Why do parents do this kind of stuff to their kids?

My brother named his kid Emerson D'Artagnan _______. No reason anyone can figure out other than he has always suffered from having to be different and he passed that along to his kid whether he liked it or not.

I blame Frank Zappa
Considering the amount of drugs he was on Considering he didn't do drugs......Moon Unit and Dweezil are as horrible as it gets.....
Michael Hutchence (INXS) and Paula Yates named their daughter Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily and then they both offed themselves.

I'm guessing the legal system is going to be seeing a lot of name changes in the future. What the hell is the matter with parents naming their children these horrible names. I can understand with wanting to be different, but c'mon, they are just downright bizarre. :loco:

Okay, for your approval:

Girls:

Molly

Taylor

Paige

Ava

Boys:

Caleb...on the fence with this one

Payton

Spencer

Jacob
:angry: :ph34r:
Yeah....but I gave Taylor my approval.
You picked two special names out the boys list. The other two were decoys. :angry:
:rolleyes: Why don't you just name the kid "Lance" and get it over with.
All I have to say here is I meant to say "out of the boys list." Also, talk to my mom. It was down to Bruce, Lance, Julian, and Spencer.

Okay, for your approval:

Girls:

Molly

Taylor

Paige

Ava

Boys:

Payton

Spencer

Jacob
You picked two special names out the boys list. The other two were decoys. :angry:
I like the names Payton and Spencer. :thumbup:
"Piper" down? ;)
I'm REALLY trying to like Piper out of respect for Mrs. D.......but I'm losing the battle...... :D

Okay, for your approval:

Girls:

Molly

Taylor

Paige

Ava

Boys:

Payton

Spencer

Jacob
All I have to say here is I meant to say "out of the boys list." Also, talk to my mom. It was down to Bruce, Lance, Julian, and Spencer.
WOW......you had no chance......

Don't worry about the middle name unless the first name is horrible......Lindsay Gavin....... :X

Steven Gavin........ :thumbup:

A few people mentioned the spellings of names. That's what really gets me. There is gonna be a whole generation of women who have to spell their name every time they say it.

Caitlin

Kaitlin

Caitlynne

Kaitlynne

Katelynn

Katelynne

Brittany

Britney

Brittney

Britnee

Brittnee

Lori

Lorie

Lory

Lorey

Lauri

Laurie

Those are just the ones I can think of...

I have a distant cousin that named her son Jacob Ellwood. How is this name?? I kinda like it.

So what are you saying?  That people should stick to names in the Bible?
YES! Good old solid Bible names like Moses,Ezekial,Cain,Solomon,Una,Levi and Sampson. Maybe we can get an amendment passed that states "given names MUST come from the Bible and MUST be a male or female name ONLY". Like you couldn't name your son John James because that's 2 male names and 2 males can't go together. :bag:
I have a friend name Leviticus

The main reason I'm still single (other than my hit-or-miss personal hygeine and raging alcoholism) is that I can't find a woman that would allow me to name our son Giusseppe.

The main reason I'm still single (other than my hit-or-miss personal hygeine and raging alcoholism) is that I can't find a woman that would allow me to name our son Giusseppe.
:mellow:

I have a distant cousin that named her son Jacob Ellwood. How is this name?? I kinda like it.
I love it, but I would worry for the child, since the Blues Brothers didn't fare too well in the movie with their personal life and all.

Okay, for your approval:

Girls:

Molly

Taylor

Paige

Ava

Boys:

Payton

Spencer

Jacob
Anything wrong with this name? :unsure:

I heard "Kayden" at the zoo the other day. 

wtf?  It was a guys name btw
I think the name you heard was Hayden.....that's one of the "now" names for boys. :X
Nope, it was likely Kayden. I've heard the same name around here as well.
Yep.. that's one my girl likes. Kayden and Ryland... wtf??? I guess it's her mom's fault.. her name's Shaunda.

Okay, for your approval:

Girls:

Molly

Taylor

Paige

Ava

Boys:

Payton

Spencer

Jacob
I like the names Payton and Spencer. :thumbup:
Jacob has been the most used boys name for about 4 years running now. Jacob is like John used to be.
This may help.

You could call him Joe, if you must.
O RLY?? :D
Giusseppe Dascenzo would be one badass little cat. :thumbup: :thumbup: And the only bookie in his kindergarten class. :moneybag:
:lmao: What if you had a girl?
Carina...it means "pretty" in Italian. Always thought it would make a good name.

Giusseppe Dascenzo would be one badass little cat. :thumbup: :thumbup: And the only bookie in his kindergarten class. :moneybag:
Carina...it means "pretty" in Italian. Always thought it would make a good name.
I actually like that name. :thumbup:

My wife is a pre-k teacher... she has a RitaLyne in her class.

Yes, the kid needs ritalin.

Easy there, ladies. Let's not have a catfight over Homer J's fictional children. No one wants to see you two pulling each others hair, scratching and biting each other, furiously tearing each other's clothes off...and...ummmm...I'm out.

I actually like that name. :thumbup:
Thanks, but let's all keep praying that I never have a daughter, k? :thumbup:

Easy there, ladies. Let's not have a catfight over Homer J's fictional children. No one wants to see you two pulling each others hair, scratching and biting each other, furiously tearing each other's clothes off...and...ummmm...I'm out.
:lmao: :lmao: This has actually already happened. :unsure:

Oops, there it goes again. :blush:

:pillowfight:

Users who are viewing this thread