What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

C'mon parents....stopped with the EFFed up names.. (1 Viewer)

My son is in 9th grade and one of his friends (female) has the 1st name Heaven.When he first started talking about her my wife and I looked at each other and asked him "What did you say her name was?" Heaven's Mother and my wife have become Facebook friends. We have found out her children's names are Heaven Lee and November Rain.

My son is in 9th grade and one of his friends (female) has the 1st name Heaven.When he first started talking about her my wife and I looked at each other and asked him "What did you say her name was?" Heaven's Mother and my wife have become Facebook friends. We have found out her children's names are Heaven Lee and November Rain.
One can only imagine the p0rn movie titles that could come from this.

The Big Guy said:
Thanos has moved up the baby names rankings over the past year. What a world we leave for the next generation. 
is that the greek basketball player for the Bucks?

could be worse than traditional foreign names.

eta: nm. just googled it. wtf. a marvel villain's name?

Last edited by a moderator:
None of these are unique to this thread, just thought it was funny.  My nephew played in their 9U baseball state tournament this past weekend.  One team they played decided to put first names on the back of their jerseys instead of last names.  Their starting lineup:  Caden, Hayden, Brayden, Jaiden, along with a Grayson, a Carson, and twins Kamdyn and Kamryn.   And their shortstop, Joe :)  

What gender is this?  What aspidistra would name a kid this?

What gender is this?  What aspidistra would name a kid this?

Careful, you're gonna give someone some ideas about naming a baby this or something....

Also, had to Googlez... you're calling someone a plant?   :confused:

They should've jazzed it up a bit.

Novembralina Wreign

... or Noverbro R'Eain, if male.

Dymin, Leilani, and Broden on the class lists this year.  There are a couple of odd spellings of common names, but overall pretty low key year for names.  Maybe parents are turning the corner...

Not sure if it’s just my town or state, but there seems to be a trend now of girls being named Mary [Insert mother’s maiden name as their middle name] [Last name], and being called by both first and middle names. So far I’ve met Mary Thompson, Mary Davis, Mary Wilson, Mary Hudson, and Mary Jacobs. 

Double names just strike me as pretentious anyway, but when the second name isn’t a traditional girls name at all...

Not sure if it’s just my town or state, but there seems to be a trend now of girls being named Mary [Insert mother’s maiden name as their middle name] [Last name], and being called by both first and middle names. So far I’ve met Mary Thompson, Mary Davis, Mary Wilson, Mary Hudson, and Mary Jacobs. 

Double names just strike me as pretentious anyway, but when the second name isn’t a traditional girls name at all...
Every one of those sounds like it should have "Sister" in front of it.

Got a new student named Mary today.

Or almost

Mary-J.

New Kindergartners this year:

And let me go on record that I like all these names.

Girls:

Aurelly

Eden

Woods (yes, a girl - I checked her records)

Willow

Maelo

Kaydence

Maydee

Jasleen

Carsyn

Boys:

Bodhi

Lincoln (x2)

Deeyan

Brogan

Barrett

Nash (we are 20ish miles south of Nashville)

wife and I were just wondering if we'd ever hear girls' names- Mary, Lisa or Jennifer again. 

sounds like the comeback has begun, but I fully expect spellings Mayre, Leex-a and Giffifer instead.

Users who are viewing this thread